PDA

View Full Version : Newb | Hello There

Rinlocke
06-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Used to play FFXI for four years and World of Warcraft for just one year. Recently becoming more involved with my Nexus S 4G and decided to play Pocket Legends during my free time. Wanted to say "hello"!

Character name: Rinlocke
Class: Hunter
Favorite video game: Earthbound
Favorite food: Lasagna
Favorite thing: Soccer

Arterra
06-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Hallo! hope you get any info you need here. if you are a MMO veteran, here are some tips:

drops are 100% random. everyone the same, with individual rolls.
specializing in stats is better than evening them out, like traditional MMO's
parties get more xp per mob, so dont just go solo!

Rinlocke
06-09-2011, 02:00 PM
So I've been doing good by putting all my points in STR?

Roasty
06-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi! :D

Arterra
06-09-2011, 02:07 PM

well depends, some dex gives enough hit and damage. just enough str for wep is usually good enoug

Rinlocke
06-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Ah, all right. I'll do some research for my night ahead. Thank you so much.

And hello to you.

Arterra
06-09-2011, 02:10 PM
to sum it up lol: specialize in a stat, so you can wear the best of its armor and gear. the rest is up to you.

if you have a str bear, dex is a good secondary stat
if str mage int is best secondary stat
if str bird dex is best secondary stat

Kingofhurtz
06-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Welcome!!!
You seem to have more experience in MMO's than I have and I also enjoy soccer ;)
Hope to see you around forums more. Some people just introduce themselves and we never hear from them again :(

Rinlocke
06-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Got the Spacetime app on my phone and bookmark on my laptop.

I was on and off during those MMO years, I will always be a newb. :P

Samhayne
06-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Used to play FFXI for four years and World of Warcraft for just one year. Recently becoming more involved with my Nexus S 4G and decided to play Pocket Legends during my free time. Wanted to say "hello"!

Favorite video game: Earthbound
Favorite food: Lasagna
Favorite thing: Soccer

Hello and welcome to the Pocket Legends Party!

I played FFXI back at launch - loved the Tarutaru, but I couldn't put in the time that a hardcore MMO like FFXI required. EXP loss on death, owwie!

What's your character name in Pocket Legends so we can add you and what class are you playing? How are you liking it so far?

Kingofhurtz
06-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Got the Spacetime app on my phone and bookmark on my laptop.

I was on and off during those MMO years, I will always be a newb. :P

Sure works to your advantage anyways. Sam already like you ;)

Rinlocke
06-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Character name: Rinlocke
Class: Hunter

Learning about specs, stats and skills right now. In FFXI I was an Elvaan White Mage on the Quetzalcoatl server.

Slough
06-09-2011, 03:24 PM
I wouldn't exactly say I'm new to the game, but new to the forums. I've read them countless times and just have never responded. If you find me in the game, Slough lvl 55 Warbird (dual spec archer) don't be afraid to ask for help or have me join your party. I pretty much know the ins and outs but others have said it all before me, or better.

I play all the levels from Forest Haven to The Sewers.

Silentarrow
06-09-2011, 03:25 PM

If you are a bear (or any other class) pure str isnt that great compared to duel spec with str and dex due(in my opinion) to the low hit %. (unless you want to purely tank). Try looking at Ellyidols duel spec guide it's very helpful.

Rinlocke
06-09-2011, 04:07 PM
If you are a bear (or any other class) pure str isnt that great compared to duel spec with str and dex due(in my opinion) to the low hit %. (unless you want to purely tank). Try looking at Ellyidols duel spec guide it's very helpful.

I'll just avoid INT for now then.

DawnInfinity
06-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Welcome to the forums. :) If you have any questions or need any help, feel free to ask.

Rinlocke
06-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Quick question:

I just got Templar's Flickering Blade - Level 50 (not sure how or when) and would like to sell it for moneys. How much should I ask for it on the Auction House?

Arterra
06-09-2011, 07:20 PM
quick tip: check auction house over a few hours, and sell for a little less than what is asked. that way, you are more likely to sell, and more likely to sell when the market is high

Rinlocke
06-10-2011, 06:42 AM
Rinlocke @ Lv. 10!
http://i51.tinypic.com/2ce6by8.png

Level 10! Not too many people in Dark Forest, I see.

Ladylove
06-10-2011, 01:24 PM
I hate lasagna! Welcome to the forum!

Rinlocke
06-11-2011, 08:58 PM
I hate lasagna! Welcome to the forum!
How can you possibly hate such a lovely food!?