PDA

View Full Version : New "Competition" functionaltity added to SpacetimeStudios.com

Samhayne
06-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Hi everyone,

We've added in an exciting new feature to spacetimestudios.com - Competitions (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/competitions.php?).

If you're interested to learn more, please join us in the Pocket Legends PvP Forum (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?28283-New-Competition-Functionality&p=320167#post320167).

If you are interested in non in-game PvP competitions, please post your ideas here.

Roasty
06-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Kool! :D

Arterra
06-09-2011, 01:51 PM
1) pvp just got usefull, stat wise
2) will it be only official tournaments, or will you make tournaments made by others official?
3) can we have the option to hide these stats? zeros and all...

Samhayne
06-09-2011, 01:58 PM
1) pvp just got usefull, stat wise
2) will it be only official tournaments, or will you make tournaments made by others official?
3) can we have the option to hide these stats? zeros and all...

There isn't a tie in between the game and the website (currently), so please don't expect stats in game.

2) We plan to open things up for members of the community to be able to set up and run tournaments and leagues. We don't plan to open it up to everyone as we don't want a lot of spam.

3) Option to hide stats - right now there isn't the functionality to do so, but it's something we can add in the future.

thecakeisaspy
06-09-2011, 02:05 PM
what members of the community would have the ability to create tournaments and leagues?

Samhayne
06-09-2011, 02:18 PM
what members of the community would have the ability to create tournaments and leagues?

Those who have proven they won't abuse such privileges. Get involved and put together a great competition idea and you'll get the ability to.

Zbooo
06-09-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm so down for this, can't wat to see to what it develops into.

Kingofhurtz
06-09-2011, 02:31 PM
This seems quite in depth!
# Tournament Features

* Hall of Fame (Top 10 Tournament Players)
* Permissions can be set per usergroup
(AdminCP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> {Select Usergroup} -> Tournament Permissions)
* Tournaments start automatically when no slots are left
* Tournaments have proper Date/ Time converted to users timezone and DST
* 3 Tournament Modes: Last Man Standing, Single Elimination, Double Elimination and Round Robin
* Filter Tournaments Displayed according to Tournament Status
* Tournament User Stats Page
* 'Start Tournament' for Single Elimination adds bye players and creates brackets

# Tournament options

* Turn on/off tournament
* Create Thread on Tournament Creation
* Tournament Stats in Member Profile
* Tournament Stats in Postbit (Can be turned on/off in Tournament Options)
* Comments per page
* Tournament description length shown in tournament List

# Tournament Display

* LMS realtime ranking shows if players are equal positions
* Tournament View Counter
* Tournament creator and last edited by notes at bottom of tournament

# Tournament Moderators can...

* Add/edit tournament (description uses vBulletin Editor)
* Edit tournament type if not started yet
* Add Score type (points, wins, kills, deaths, etc.) for LMS tournaments
* Tournament mods can remove players if tournament hasn't started
* Increase/ Decrease Tournament Slots
* Pm all competitors with custom message and title (permissions set to bypass max pm recipients restrictions)
* Add players (Ajax/Javascript userid fetch)
* Swap players in LMS mode
* Create/ edit/ delete announcements

# Competitors can...

* Players can remove themselves if tournament hasn't started
* Users can PM themselves the details of the tournament

# Tournament Comments

* Uses vBulletin Editor
* Comment Display with user avatars and last edited by note
* User able to edit/delete their own comment (subject to permissions)
* Tournament moderators can edit all comments
* If applicable under username on comments Tournament Creator, Tournament Competitor or Tournament Winner
* Comment paging

# Teams

* Users can apply to teams
* Leader can accept/ decline users
* Team profile shows team stats
* Team list
* Can limit teams created by user (in usergroup options)
* Fields: team website, gamertag, logo, description, slog, tags

# Team leader can...

* delete players from his/her team
* Promote players in his/her team to Leader or Co-Leader
* Join tournaments
* Search Free Agents for new team members

I like the scrolling loop that says ""Welcome to Competitions!" :cool:

thugimmortal
06-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Will this include star legends pvp too

Whirlzap
06-09-2011, 02:37 PM
So leagues are like guilds/clans?

Samhayne
06-09-2011, 02:38 PM

Yes, however PvP is not currently a launch feature for Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles.

Samhayne
06-09-2011, 02:39 PM
So leagues are like guilds/clans?

Think "bowling league"

Sun
06-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Think "bowling league"

So like level brackets, possibly?

thugimmortal
06-09-2011, 02:55 PM
For the non ingame pvp how about:

putting a special competiton map ingame that changes to what ever the contest is at the time
for example a contest was a time trial there could be a competition map ingame from any campain with a timer.
or a survivor map where there are endless maps and bosses that get harder and harder until death and our kill count for that map would be the score.
with there being no link to game we could take screenshots of the scores and post them and add the scores to a league table.
I know these would have to be offical competitions but hey its an idea

apocketlegend
06-09-2011, 02:57 PM
I'd like to get involved

Silentarrow
06-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Sounds great! This will make pvp a lot more popular, i might even make a twink right now because of this. Thanks STS!

Zbooo
06-09-2011, 03:40 PM

I believe so, its a STS-Wide format.... So this will include SL.

Swimmingstar
06-09-2011, 03:53 PM
So will there be prizes?
Anyway so will it be level based from levels 1-5 5-10 10-15 15-20 20-25 25-30 30-35 35-40 40-45 45-50 50-56?
also wondering if there is prizes is it shared by team or is everyone on their own team and last person standing.
Oh yea and is it organized like saying go or is it free for all?

Mennddoza
06-09-2011, 04:06 PM
I am pumped... >=)

PatsoeGamer
06-10-2011, 06:02 AM
Wow if STS can pull this off successfully it could make PL an unbelievable gaming experience! If you do I'll definatley play pvp more, all these ideas are amazing!
Not sure if it was mentioned, but what about all out wars between clans? Groups more than four, let's push the boat and say make it a hundred.. Know that's a stretch as most rooms don't take more than 24, but I'm just suggesting ;-) 50v50 with terrain, obstacles and places to jump out on your opponents could be a lot of fun lol

Moogerfooger
06-10-2011, 06:44 AM
I believe so, its a STS-Wide format.... So this will include SL.

Yes, however PvP is not currently a launch feature for Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles.

You'll have to wait though ;)

Swimmingstar
06-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Will there be an option just to hide deaths but not kills?

KingFu
06-10-2011, 10:26 AM
I may host another tourney, as long as there's no roll back:o hehe. I think it's a cool feature though. Is there a way to join a "group"? Joining the group will show the tournament stats on here, since non PvPers don't really need the feature at all.

Pokechmp
06-12-2011, 11:29 AM
*cries*

tak(7
06-21-2011, 11:59 PM
i got some secrets for pocket legends like the furst thing is powerleveling like you get levels 50 and 40 to help you and all you do is just watch y they kill all the guys fast plz add kochex level 26

tonygmoney
06-23-2011, 06:48 PM
i like this idea..u should also have options to cuztomize ur matchest like specific items and nor items at all see who has the better attributes without no items. that could be fun. have combos and mega combos and other things like that that makes teamwork useful and not just mahem like last man standing. have so tools to use stradegy and tactics to the matches. booby traps could be fun sort of like kill streaks..so many kills gives u the ability to set a trap or extra skills and attributes..that could be cool. might be hard with mmo's but would be awsome if you guys can pull it off.