PDA

View Full Version : When will Star Legends beta start?

Yellowhawk
06-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Hello everyone. Does anyone know when the Star Legends beta will start? Also, will Pocket Legends players be able to take part in it? I certainly hope so! Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Wretch
06-09-2011, 08:04 PM
They are playing it at E3....

Doubtful...

thugimmortal
06-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Hello everyone. Does anyone know when the Star Legends beta will start? Also, will Pocket Legends players be able to take part in it? I certainly hope so! Thank you for taking your time to read this.

The developers have been internally beta testing for a while now.
I think they are bringing the full version out when they feel the game is ready im sure they are putting the finishing touches into it now.

Silentarrow
06-09-2011, 08:14 PM
The beta was at E3, Im sure the game should be coming out in a couple of weeks!

Zbooo
06-09-2011, 09:10 PM
The beta was at E3, Im sure the game should be coming out in a couple of weeks!

They said something about August :/

Tvis
06-09-2011, 09:14 PM
It would seem kinda heart-breaking for some PL players if only a select few were allowed to Beta test. I want the game to become finished A.S.A.P., whether PL players need to Beta test or Devs, either way.

RedRyder
06-10-2011, 12:09 AM

Lmao

Yellowhawk
06-10-2011, 02:02 AM
I heard something about the final release in August. But, I also heard something about PL players being in a closed beta as well... So only time will tell, I guess.

Ellyidol
06-10-2011, 02:06 AM
I heard something about the final release in August. But, I also heard something about PL players being in a closed beta as well... So only time will tell, I guess.

I'm not too sure that they would allow PL players to participate in SL closed beta, unless volunteers maybe.

Just IMO, I'd rather play SL when it will be fully released than try bits and pieces of it in closed beta, it'd remove the excitement.

Fyrce
06-10-2011, 02:25 AM
Beta testing would be cool. Communications is a bit clearer in beta.

shruthi
06-10-2011, 02:53 AM
cool and nice testing...keep it up

bronislav84
06-10-2011, 12:24 PM
They said something about August :/Yea basically they're gonna miss their Q2 aim by a month something. Oy.

As for the OP, doubtful. It would be a bit hard to beta test a mobile game, and as a couple of people have said, it would spoil the excitement.

ratava
06-10-2011, 12:34 PM
BETA CONFIRMATION:

Spacetime is targeting the end of June or the beginning of July for beta. It will have two promotions for beta, one with Verizon and one with Android. Following the beta comes launch on all of the platforms including iOS.

~ See Star Legends E3 [Unofficial] Thread for Link and more info!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?28175-Star-Legends-E3-PRESS-LINKS!-Unofficial-Thread

Snakespeare
06-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Does a promotion with Verizon for beta mean there will be a beta version released on Verizon? I don't understand the sentence.

I am going to Verizon to shop for phones. I am up for renewal this Monday. I have always used LG phones. I am thinking maybe it's time for the LG Vortex or Revolution. But it would really be nice to know what this sentence means.

Kingofhurtz
06-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Does a promotion with Verizon for beta mean there will be a beta version released on Verizon? I don't understand the sentence.

I am going to Verizon to shop for phones. I am up for renewal this Monday. I have always used LG phones. I am thinking maybe it's time for the LG Vortex or Revolution. But it would really be nice to know what this sentence means.

Yeah I commented in the thread posted by Sam. Does this mean only Android users/Verizon users can Beta test? If so, why exclude AT&T/iOS?!

Snakespeare
06-10-2011, 05:28 PM
I am guessing that Apple won't approve a beta to go out to users. They probably want finished products only.

Conradin
06-10-2011, 06:14 PM
I am guessing that Apple won't approve a beta to go out to users. They probably want finished products only.

Damn Apple.

Arterra
06-10-2011, 06:30 PM

yay for recent Nook Color purchase!

maddogcharlie
06-10-2011, 07:07 PM
BETA CONFIRMATION:

~ See Star Legends E3 [Unofficial] Thread for Link and more info!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?28175-Star-Legends-E3-PRESS-LINKS!-Unofficial-Thread

JOY!:banana:

PorkinISdead
06-10-2011, 08:23 PM

hehe actually, it coming out in about a month. One of the Devs was interviewed and said this. Announced today on facebook.

Acyer
06-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Cool so what I'm seeing is that verizon droid users will probally get to do beta before ios, kinda like they did with pl they got to do it before droid.

ratava
06-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Yup seems:

Staggered Beta to tie-in Market promos with Carrier Verizon and Android OS. Seems timed exclusives are popular atm. Also as above iOS approval process probably coincides with full release timing across all OS's so window
to Market while that goes on?

Fair do's...

Hoping to hear Spec confirmation also.

Snakespeare
06-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Why are those Android phones more expensive than an iPhone? Man! I am due to renew with Verizon and, having always used LGs from Verizon, I figured why not? But the thing COSTS MORE! I don't get it. I thought they were trying to compete. Oh well, you know what? It's not worth it. The LG Revolution is just not the phone for me. Beta or no beta, I refuse to get a second-rate phone just because my favorite game is only available for Droids. The really good one I looked at is from Samsung, and it's another $100 over the iPhone, too. Bah! I won't be playing beta. Who knows. The whole topic has just turned depressing over the last few days.

I hope you guys enjoy Beta. I reserved my name, so I'm not worried, but I just KNOW the good names will be gone before iOS users can get them. I am pretty mad about that!!!

drewcapu
06-13-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm sure there will be more non-iOS related pre-launch bugs to fix than iOS anyways ;)

Since it would technically be a beta, wouldn't they have to "wipe" things (minus the reserved names) before the "official launch" ?

Pokechmp
06-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Nah, something like July.

mwohrlin
06-14-2011, 07:54 PM
It's a race to the finish. Which will be released first? Tor or bs?

maddogcharlie
06-16-2011, 12:08 AM
do you mean tvvvor (the v is for very) heck been waiting sooo long for that game its painfull. My money is on Star Legends, just a bunch more fun to play too. TOR will be good when you have a room full of gear to play it and several housrs to dedicate but for me pickup and play portability of PL and SL is perfect :banana:
footnote: but if my girlfriend dumps me I will be onto TOR in no time ;)

OrFeAsGr
06-16-2011, 09:41 AM
If i were you i would be more worried about when is this game gonna be realesed??I mean !!!GOD!!! we have been waiting since May and its June and we still don't know when is it gonna be realesed?(is it?) i wouldnt worry so much about beta realese!!!I gues we gonna have to wait more & more!!!

ratava
06-16-2011, 11:26 AM
If i were you i would be more worried about when is this game gonna be realesed??I mean !!!GOD!!! we have been waiting since May and its June and we still don't know when is it gonna be realesed?(is it?) i wouldnt worry so much about beta realese!!!I gues we gonna have to wait more & more!!!

Yeah, it's been difficult esp. as it's end of june/early july beta with launch soon after I think is likely.

On plus side: Star Legends followed by PL updates then in the Fall PC-client and level raises in SL by end of year as well as potentially a 3rd Legends title?! :)

maddogcharlie
06-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Im just happy to see so many people ready to blast the green ooze out of those soul sucking, space breathing, bottom feeding, skreechy voiced, plastic haired,, freakoid, banana fearing Scorn.

ChrisFI
06-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Ive read that it will be a bit later than expected. It should be released early July (of what i know)
Besides think about it, they already had almost official gameplay start to SL out not to long ago (check youtube) so at that rate i would guess not later than the middle of July...unless something else comes up....then no later than the end of July