PDA

View Full Version : People are so mean

apocketlegend
06-09-2011, 09:49 PM
I was Pvping with some friends (who I thought were friends) an it wasn't FFA, it was 2 vs 1, and instead of saying nice try or almost they said I suck, and Wen I finally killed one of them they said it was luck. They kept saying I sucked and It got so ridiculous I booted them saying, your not my friend, or plain rude. That's how mad I was, I mean CMON PEOPLE!!!!! is it harder to say mean things than nicer things!????!!!!!!!!!!!! It shows alot of character for people who encourage others rather than put them down, it tears other Ppl down, tons of my friends have quit Bc of people like this, it doesnt make any sense, I'm P.O and on the verge of quitting, ugh I don't know what to do :( :( :( :(

Tvis
06-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Don't let it get to you. Just remember that they represent themselves and not the game. Just keep track of their names and remember not to play with them again.

Kraze
06-09-2011, 10:00 PM
It's just a game....can't tell you how many times a day one of my friends calls me a name or puts down on my playstyle (usually while they are dead and I'm clearing a mob). It's all in fun we share a lol and move on. If it stops being fun find a new group that fits the way you like to play and don't take things personally

apocketlegend
06-09-2011, 10:02 PM
They Wern't joking..... Would a friend cuss you out????

Ladylove
06-09-2011, 10:07 PM
They Wern't joking..... Would a friend cuss you out????

People who play like that are just pixels in a game. Never know who is on the other end. No worries, just be the bigger person :D

Ellyidol
06-09-2011, 10:12 PM
You'll always come across them in PvP, in any game.

You can have the last laugh by booting them with a funny reason ;) I always do!

Kraze
06-09-2011, 10:14 PM
People who play like that are just pixels in a game. Never know who is on the other end. No worries, just be the bigger person :D

This only take it a step further and apply to RL as well. Words only have the effect you allow them to have. My friends both ingame and RL know they can say whatever they want to me and it won't phase me.

Ladylove
06-09-2011, 10:17 PM
And if someone insults you... you just say: Oh no you didn't!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWuNjKk03i0

(that's me ^)

vulgarstrike
06-09-2011, 10:17 PM
First, I think you need to chill out. You're quitting the game because people called you names?
Come on. Just be the better man about things.
MMOs will always have immature 12 year olds running around thinking they're really hot stuff.
Just ignore them. You have a block list.

grenadiers
06-09-2011, 10:30 PM

(that's me ^)lmfao i laughed so hard bwahaha

CrimsonTider
06-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Hey buddy... listen to everyone. Let it roll! If they are/were friends, then drop them and move on. I don't pvp much because of the seriousness. I like to jump in because it breaks up all the farming and such and when people take it too far, I leave and go back to the search for that ever elusive pink!

Aculeas
06-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Relaaax duuude. Watch the moves people use and Learn. Frustration prevents learning. I went through the exact same thing. I was angry but instead of giving in I copied combos and looked at various players builds to see which builds are better against others. Also the PVP Forum has some useful threads check it out. And always remember it's just a game. Boot the mooks and goons with a joke in your heart and a smile on your face. :)

FYI there are no friends n pvp ONLY team mates and enemies!

Otukura
06-09-2011, 10:58 PM
FYI there are no friends n pvp ONLY team mates and enemies!

I like your thinking. I had a rl friend get really mad because he wanted a truce.. of course, I didn't want that.

Shake them off, and find another room. In my PvP rooms, I'm extremely boot happy. I don't care if they're destroying me and knocking me from one side of the map to the other, if they are polite, they're completely fine.

Kraze
06-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Hey buddy... listen to everyone. Let it roll! If they are/were friends, then drop them and move on. I don't pvp much because of the seriousness. I like to jump in because it breaks up all the farming and such and when people take it too far, I leave and go back to the search for that ever elusive pink!
LOL let it roll pun intended I assume?

CrimsonTider
06-09-2011, 11:06 PM
LOL let it roll pun intended I assume?

Always! LOL

Ladylove
06-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Haters gonna hate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeEAfKmi-Pg&feature=related

Pharcyde
06-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Bbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk keeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/miyochan/GIFS/29mvk2rjpg.gif

Ladylove
06-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Bbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk keeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/miyochan/GIFS/29mvk2rjpg.gif

BRANNNDDONNNNNNNN!!!!!!

/caps

Pharcyde
06-09-2011, 11:33 PM
BRANNNDDONNNNNNNN!!!!!!

/caps

Guess what homie zizzle wizzle brooke my dizzle for shizzle!!!! I'M WHITE!

Ladylove
06-09-2011, 11:35 PM
Guess what homie zizzle wizzle brooke my dizzle for shizzle!!!! I'M WHITE!

Cool! I'm purple!

Pharcyde
06-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Cool! I'm purple!

What, no, what are you talking about? HAMBURGERS CAN TELL THE FUTURE! Now enough of your nonsense, I need to tell you something so guess what. THE PRESIDENT IS A CHICKEN! So chillaxe crazy girl.

apocketlegend
06-09-2011, 11:37 PM

(that's me ^)
Thansk lady that cheered me up. :p

Pharcyde
06-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Oh and btw Pocket. It's just PvP. Don't let the fools get to you. I had a similar experience and I made a thread about it. Let me see if I can find a link.

Otukura
06-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Oh and btw Pocket. It's just PvP. Don't let the fools get to you. I had a similar experience and I made a thread about it. Let me see if I can find a link.

Wait wait wait.. Phar taking a thread back on topic? Unreal...

Ladylove
06-09-2011, 11:42 PM
What, no, what are you talking about? HAMBURGERS CAN TELL THE FUTURE! Now enough of your nonsense, I need to tell you something so guess what. THE PRESIDENT IS A CHICKEN! So chillaxe crazy girl.

What are you smokin? Can I have some? :o

No problem, Apocket :D

Pharcyde
06-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Wait wait wait.. Phar taking a thread back on topic? Unreal...

Don't make me derail it harder than arnold schwarzenegger did with his political and social career.

Wow Really... (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16983-Wow-really-...) Here ya go Pocket.

What are you smokin? Can I have some? :o

Brooke, your starting to scare me. What are you talking about?
SUSHI IS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY TO TAKE CONTROL OF THE WORLD!
Did you hit your head? I think you need some rest.

Roasty
06-10-2011, 09:19 AM

(that's me ^)

I lol'd so hard....

And if it happens again...just whip your hair back and forth! ;)

JaytB
06-10-2011, 10:03 AM

(that's me ^)

O.o

noobmigo
06-10-2011, 10:12 AM

Correction: Be the bigger PIXEL.
Oh yeah. Don't take gaming peep insults to RL.

Riccits
06-10-2011, 10:28 AM
I was Pvping with some friends (who I thought were friends) an it wasn't FFA, it was 2 vs 1, and instead of saying nice try or almost they said I suck, and Wen I finally killed one of them they said it was luck. They kept saying I sucked and It got so ridiculous I booted them saying, your not my friend, or plain rude. That's how mad I was, I mean CMON PEOPLE!!!!! is it harder to say mean things than nicer things!????!!!!!!!!!!!! It shows alot of character for people who encourage others rather than put them down, it tears other Ppl down, tons of my friends have quit Bc of people like this, it doesnt make any sense, I'm P.O and on the verge of quitting, ugh I don't know what to do :( :( :( :(

nothing unnormal.. i would have to make every day such a thread...lol

KingFu
06-10-2011, 10:30 AM
It's just a game....can't tell you how many times a day one of my friends calls me a name or puts down on my playstyle (usually while they are dead and I'm clearing a mob). It's all in fun we share a lol and move on. If it stops being fun find a new group that fits the way you like to play and don't take things personally

Ya. Don't feel bad. Kraze has called me a turnip countless times!;)

Seriously though, if they're gonna be putting you down and not give you any advice, they're not really great friends. Teasing is one thing, but straight out insulitng you is completely different.

flyingscv
06-10-2011, 10:37 AM
just wondering... are your friends like, pre-teens, or with a mental maturity of 12? *lol*

From the members' photo post most players of PL are quite not kids, but sometimes you wonder....

QUOTE=apocketlegend;320576]I was Pvping with some friends (who I thought were friends) an it wasn't FFA, it was 2 vs 1, and instead of saying nice try or almost they said I suck, and Wen I finally killed one of them they said it was luck. They kept saying I sucked and It got so ridiculous I booted them saying, your not my friend, or plain rude. That's how mad I was, I mean CMON PEOPLE!!!!! is it harder to say mean things than nicer things!????!!!!!!!!!!!! It shows alot of character for people who encourage others rather than put them down, it tears other Ppl down, tons of my friends have quit Bc of people like this, it doesnt make any sense, I'm P.O and on the verge of quitting, ugh I don't know what to do :( :( :( :([/QUOTE]

Roasty
06-10-2011, 10:45 AM
just wondering... are your friends like, pre-teens, or with a mental maturity of 12? *lol*

From the members' photo post most players of PL are quite not kids, but sometimes you wonder....

QUOTE=apocketlegend;320576]I was Pvping with some friends (who I thought were friends) an it wasn't FFA, it was 2 vs 1, and instead of saying nice try or almost they said I suck, and Wen I finally killed one of them they said it was luck. They kept saying I sucked and It got so ridiculous I booted them saying, your not my friend, or plain rude. That's how mad I was, I mean CMON PEOPLE!!!!! is it harder to say mean things than nicer things!????!!!!!!!!!!!! It shows alot of character for people who encourage others rather than put them down, it tears other Ppl down, tons of my friends have quit Bc of people like this, it doesnt make any sense, I'm P.O and on the verge of quitting, ugh I don't know what to do :( :( :( :(

That comment made me a bit offended, because I'm 12. Lol not all of us are that jacked-up, some of us can actually be sophisticated consisting of mental abilities, and good chemistry, like interaction with other people, skills in certain critical subjects. Other than that, some 12 year olds need some professional help.

Whirlzap
06-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Quoted from many people:
Ignore and notreport are your friends.
Ignore works but this isnt really that much of an insult into being a report
Dont worry being called "you su**" happens alot
Its just some older players not liking the newer players or some newee players annoyed by losinga battle and losing paientce

Kingofhurtz
06-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Either I was there for this or I came just after. I'm not sure, but from what I saw, you did the right thing by not taking yourself down to their level and just ignoring it. :)

Twinkman
06-10-2011, 12:42 PM

(that's me ^)

wow that seemed a bit rasist lol

Ladylove
06-10-2011, 01:18 PM
wow that seemed a bit rasist lol

Noooo lol. There is a thread on this forum for people to make videos saying "oh no you didn't". I made that in response. Just a made up character. Just a stereotype, I didn't say anything bad about any races. It's all in fun. I'm planning on making one as a valley girl or something. I wouldn't ever say anything against another race in seriousness, I've got friends of all different colors and we joke with each other about these things.

apocketlegend
06-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Thanks everybody

Derajdefyre
06-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Yes, people are mean. Your parents will tell you that when you grow up people are more mature, but that isn't true either. People will always be mean. The sooner you learn to deal with it and not let it bother you the happier you will be. Here are some good tips on how to deal:

1) The ignore list. Use it liberally.
2) Leave the group you are in. Make games with people who are NOT mean and password protect them.
3) Realize that by NOT being mean you are superior. If you are superior and they are inferior, why should anything they do bother you?
4) Realize that if you are mean back that you are no longer superior and just another jerk.
5) Always be nice and helpful. That way, when jerks are mean, other people who like you rush to your defense.
6) Realize that jerk's money is just as good as nice people's money. These people may be jerks but they are helping keep pocket legends staff paid. Thus, if you can get to the point where they don't bother you, they are GREAT to have around!

vulgarstrike
06-10-2011, 01:34 PM
guys....
SUM BAWLZ.

did you know you get muted for saying turd but you don't get muted for saying faggot?

Dear Spacetime,

Please switch these around.

Darkfader
06-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Boot and ignore buttons are handy and good in case like this. ;) and least I won't hesitate to use those if someone is plain a$$hole. :)