PDA

View Full Version : Storyline?

Darkfader
06-10-2011, 01:44 PM
So like many existing PL players and me too are looking after blackstar( I know name is different but I like this more). But after browsing while here and general announcements I couldn't find even single word about storyline of game or anything else related.

So my question is, are there given any sort of story about what are we doing? What have leaded us(humans) to position we need to fight AND against what we will he fighting ( aliens, robots, something else?)

Would be nice to know more, but fully understand sts wanna keep us all excited while waiting. :)

ratava
06-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Devs are doing the right thing keeping quiet so not to give any spoilers away and they've confirmed there are going to be a ton of chapters to the story overall. Here's some background:

It's the 41st Century and since the development of "fast-gates" technology humanity has advanced far across the galaxy... They have also created a race of android robots who's AI (artificial intelligence) is now conscious and have become allies to humanity. The story starts...

In the far future, humans are exploring the cosmos and have stumbled upon a resource-rich area. Corporations, as they are wont to do, have swooped in to exert their dominance but have come across hostile aliens in the process. War breaks out, invasions start popping up all over the place, and you're called in to clean up the mess -- and make a quick buck in the process.

And that is just the beginning.

So in-game, players take on the roles of Space Privateers, looking for action, riches and an excuse to fry some alien scum!

Both humans and mode answer the call and the specializations are Human Commando, Mode Operative and Human Engineer. The greedy Corporations had started mining operations in the sector of the galaxy called: Asteroid-Delta-7 and when they found some aliens had tried to capture and study them. At another location called Cycorp Labs further troubles have started...

Rare
06-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Not to sound negative... I just thought it sounded funny you said "alien scum". Maybe its just political talk. Seems like a race fighting against a greedy occupation.

ATL

maddogcharlie
06-10-2011, 10:06 PM
The UCDF archives have an uncorroborated article on an interview with a Cpt Calheri of the UCDF Engineers, this may (or may not) add some background and clearer understanding of the so called 'alien scum' reference;

'I forget the year....., they are just days now. One after the other disappearing back into the darkness of Vega. You know it wasnt a darkness though, there was more light than a human being could take and more red than a man should ever see. The aliens attacked Vega colony without warning destroying every last living being in a mindless act of power and strength, they wanted us to know they were in charge, that they owned us, that to them we were nothing more than a crop to be harvested.
Cause I couldnt see the souls of my family being scavenged by their archane magic, I couldnt even begin to understand how they would be used to fuel their starships, I dont even want to think about what happens to them when the Scorn and their Riven allies are done with using the very essence of my family's lives. I dont count myself a very religous man, I never did care for church that much but if there was ever any kinda manifestation of the darkest of firey infernos then these Scorn are that. They dont just kill people they then burn their souls for who knows how long.
Some days I'm just a fury of anger all day and I dont ever come down.
I cant figure how I survived.
I dont even comprehend why I lived.
I do know that the Scorn will get everything they deserve and then some, if youre on my team you better be sure to have razor sharp skills and be ready to go down in a cracking ball of lazer fire trying. If you havent killed a hundred of them by breakfast, a thousand by lunch and ten thousand by dinner you should look for a transfer, REAL soon.
Vega colony represents the single biggest loss of human life in our history, there is no misunderstanding, there is no parlay and there will never be forgiveness for what they have done to us all. The pencil necks say that everyone left alive in the human race was related to, or had a friend on Vega.
You shouldnt be asking yourself, why am I fighting in this war? or are all Scorn bad? You should be asking yourself, where is my next alien scum target? and whos got my back?
I picked up these blasters the day after Vega, they will bury me with them.'

Readers should note that Cpt Calheri's report has not been confirmed, in fact some say it is the ramblings of a mad man, others that he has in some way discovered a kind of dimensional shift gate to facilitate time travel, no-one really knows.

ratava
06-11-2011, 03:47 AM
Not to sound negative... I just thought it sounded funny you said "alien scum". Maybe its just political talk. Seems like a race fighting against a greedy occupation.

ATL

It's an old sound-bite from B* for the PC; couldn't resist resurrecting it ;)

in the original there was a lot of enmity between factions. Not sure that will be the case any more, but blasting bugs is probably still on the menu :p

Chosen of Diara
06-11-2011, 01:57 PM
yure Useless Crumbling Defensive Force will be takin biy our mightyiest of most powerulized warriors, dogman and the ratman and the Calhenry will be furst theeir armies will be squashed and crushed very strongly as the all mightying powerfulll and supremeling warriors of the Scorn led by the Chosen of Diara purrge the galaxies of all hueman kind. Marking my wurds yure pitiful crafts will be boarded we will derelictinate your worlds and you will fail. Best to stay in your legends pocket as you are no matches for our.superior powerfullness, you thinking you can bester us but you are doomed. Our gods hav granted us the duty to kill all humans, in the names of Diara mightyest and most powerfull commander of the galaxies we will take all you are having then we will take more and then all you hav left and then more of your things.

Zbooo
06-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Your always so creepy

seller
06-11-2011, 03:31 PM
yure Useless Crumbling Defensive Force will be takin biy our mightyiest of most powerulized warriors, dogman and the ratman and the Calhenry will be furst theeir armies will be squashed and crushed very strongly as the all mightying powerfulll and supremeling warriors of the Scorn led by the Chosen of Diara purrge the galaxies of all hueman kind. Marking my wurds yure pitiful crafts will be boarded we will derelictinate your worlds and you will fail. Best to stay in your legends pocket as you are no matches for our.superior powerfullness, you thinking you can bester us but you are doomed. Our gods hav granted us the duty to kill all humans, in the names of Diara mightyest and most powerfull commander of the galaxies we will take all you are having then we will take more and then all you hav left and then more of your things.

Umm... ok why are you always so how do i say this? wierd.

maddogcharlie
06-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Being respectful to other players (of course) here is a little message from the UCDF to all ya Scorn's and Riven's out there:banana:

http://s1186.photobucket.com/albums/z367/maddogcharlie/VidUCDF/?action=view&current=UCDFvideo.mp4

ChrisFI
06-18-2011, 08:05 PM
check out wikipedia on google says it all ;D
makes homework so much easiah to xD