PDA

View Full Version : Orb of Ursume, 2015

Carapace
12-18-2015, 03:37 PM
Hey everyone!

We hope you're enjoying the holiday event thus far! One of the feedback points we keep hearing about is in regard to the Orb of Ursume, and I wanted to take some time to explain how it works and what players are experiencing as they play the event.

With the Orb in a player's inventory, each successful damage point dealt to any enemy will place a stacking effect on the player while in the event Mount Spyr zone. Consecutive damage stacks more, up to a maximum of 5 stacks, providing 10% damage bonus per stack. Each stack re-ups the falloff time, however not dealing damage in an appropriate amount of time will see the stacks fall off. The reason a lot of players are feeling this does not work on the minions of Mount Spyr is because of how quickly these minions are dying off and the fall off timer for the stacks. When the minions die quickly, between four party members, individual player Orb stacks don't really get a chance to shine. Any stacks after the current mob pack in most cases will then subsequently fall off after a few seconds before they can reach and damage the next pull of minions, and thus the cycle repeats. Even fast running solo runners will see similar results due to the speed at which they kill said minions.

Once players reach the boss however, those stacks are much easier to apply and maintain as the amount of damage the boss can take is significant enough that everyone can stack their Orb bonus pretty easily. As long as you are dealing damage at a constant rate through abilities, DoTs, and attacks you should maintain the 5 stack Orb Bonus for a majority of the fight.

The other benefit of the Orb is the 6% critical chance reduction to enemies. This applies in an aura around the player(s) with the Orb, and so will affect all of the minions as well as the boss although the speed of death of said minions makes it hard to see. You will note a red debuff icon with the critical sword indicator around minions that get affected by this debuff.

Hopefully this explanation of how the Orb functions helps alleviate concerns related to the Orb in Mount Spyr during the event.

Happy Holidays everyone!

-Carapace

oekeone
12-18-2015, 03:46 PM
First let s. s

nightmaresmoke
12-18-2015, 03:55 PM
Enjoy you say?? yes! were so happy! *sarcasm.. i think were gonna die!! fluffy unicorn enters...

Valkiryas
12-18-2015, 03:58 PM
Concerns about Orbs? No way ... We concern about forged energy ( 4 hours )

We're playing the same game?

Extreme2014
12-18-2015, 07:41 PM
Niceeeeeeeee

Dex Scene
12-19-2015, 01:31 PM
That cleared all. Thanks cara. Happy holiday to you too STS.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

novafirefly
12-20-2015, 03:47 PM
thanx for shortening the time of energy crafting.

Ilmagobagigio
12-26-2015, 03:55 PM
Orb is very nice!!! Never had those damage xD it's fun

arcaneping
12-27-2015, 05:27 AM
very good object to merch by plat players

Babykoala (Sarah)
12-31-2015, 05:13 AM
orb is so fun xD best thing out so far

kevinchua9
12-31-2015, 07:32 AM
Where to get?