PDA

View Full Version : Attack animation

droes
06-11-2011, 08:17 AM
First off, I want to say I really like Pocket Legends. It's one of the best mobile game experiences I've ever had.
There is one thing that annoys me though: the attack animations. For example, the arrow/talons are halfway to target before the attack animation is completed. Was this a conscious choice or is it some sort of bug that's going to be fixed in the future?

Uepauke
06-11-2011, 08:19 AM
Do you mean the animations that play whenever a new enemy in a game instance is sighted? You can turn them off in Options. I used to wonder how come everybody could advance upon and start attacking the boss before the animation had finished (even if I hit autotarget before animation, others were still way ahead)

DUH :)

Ellyidol
06-11-2011, 08:21 AM
First off, I want to say I really like Pocket Legends. It's one of the best mobile game experiences I've ever had.
There is one thing that annoys me though: the attack animations. For example, the arrow/talons are halfway to target before the attack animation is completed. Was this a conscious choice or is it some sort of bug that's going to be fixed in the future?

I'm not sure what your getting to, so you want the arrows/talons to only leave the attacker after the attack animation is completed? As long as I've played, I've always thought the attacks were pretty spot on.

Either way, weapons follow the weapon speed and not the attack animation speed.

Sorry if I misunderstood :)

droes
06-11-2011, 08:23 AM
No, I'm referring to the movements made by the bird when it shoots. If you take a closer look, you can see the arrow leaves the bow way too soon compared to the animation going on.

Ellyidol
06-11-2011, 08:26 AM
No, I'm referring to the movements made by the bird when it shoots. If you take a closer look, you can see the arrow leaves the bow way too soon compared to the animation going on.

Really small flaw to be focusing on, IMO :p

But if its bothering you that much, maybe the devs would actually "fix" since you brought it up :)

droes
06-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Yeah I know it's a tiny, tiny flaw but it can get pretty annoying once you notice it :p.

Register
06-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Yep thats pretty small compared to other things. If its bugging you could always close your eyes and hope for the best

Ellyidol
06-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Yeah I know it's a tiny, tiny flaw but it can get pretty annoying once you notice it :p.

Hmm, don't you usually have the character's back facing you though? Unless your targeting something behind you, you shouldn't really be seeing how price the arrow/talon is leaving the bird :p

Register
06-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Hmm, don't you usually have the character's back facing you though? Unless your targeting something behind you, you shouldn't really be seeing how price the arrow/talon is leaving the bird :p

Ive seen me running away and a talon shooting out my back D:

Ellyidol
06-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Ive seen me running away and a talon shooting out my back D:

I think it's changed :p

One of the updates made sure that kiting characters were still facing their targets even while moving.

But yeah, I do remember how kiting before made it seem like we could shoot with eyes at the back of our heads :)

Register
06-11-2011, 08:37 AM
lol yay now i wont be shooting myself!