PDA

View Full Version : My opinion on Vanities

oekeone
12-21-2015, 12:08 AM
We have been doing this whole 2015 year of all events that had plat tier with vanities -.- we should get better items like gems or jewels I mean all we get is useless vanity we want something to change the game like something we can add to the gear and stuff , instead we get useless vanity at least make a vanity with stats lol...
Anyone agree?..
PS: new Name for arcane legends should be vanity legends!

elitwarrio
12-21-2015, 03:14 AM
U r right sts pls SNS for plat tiers!! Ueueueueu

Dimitrian
12-21-2015, 04:35 AM
Posting here because I can't create a post -.- lol wtf blood gems are 80k? First day returning, but last I played they were 2k?

Welcome to Arcane Legends,2015 edition.

bonjovi3223
12-21-2015, 06:54 AM
Posting here because I can't create a post -.- lol wtf blood gems are 80k? First day returning, but last I played they were 2k?
Buy now.....in 2016 they will be 800k.
Selling blood gems [emoji14]

Pillowhead
12-21-2015, 07:05 AM
'vanity with stats' u mean a normal armor..

Titanium
12-21-2015, 07:23 AM
I think STS easily starts to bash their hardcore players with useless plat tiers like this one and previous 2 events.

Eye gems - 6m

Para gem - 10m

All of this cause of some casual players who have forum accounts. They login to do 3 runs daily or not at all and chit chat on forum " para bad for business, eyes gems bad too ".

I'm still kickin *** in pvp without more than 1 eye gem and 1 para. I'm thanking them for their kind whining review on forum and it pleases me so much to get bored during events like this one for example. It helps the hardcore players a lot.. mhm ! Come in pvp, combos on me !

epictanker
12-21-2015, 09:13 AM
I think sts is giving vanities as tier rewards because they're trying to avoid game changing items like para and eyes.

Intous
12-21-2015, 09:23 AM
Sts is avoiding game changing items because they are bad news. I'm against them.
Because they wreck the balance of the game.

Ucamaeben
12-21-2015, 10:02 AM
This is a game, number one.

Hard work, time playing, and/or money gets players to where they want to be.

People play within the limits they have set for themselves. Some players, young adults, play within limits that are set for them.

Lastly, this is a game; have fun, be respectful, and do the best you can 😃.

oekeone
12-21-2015, 10:23 AM
Well the game should change its name to "vanity legends" what's so arcane about it?

epicrrr
12-21-2015, 10:37 AM
Most sets are kinda "fixed" meaning theyre for the long haul, so im pretty sure rather than looking the same with our sets STS is focussing on vanity which can replace our looks while keeping stats.

So mages out there, dont be surprised when one update you get a star wars yoda floating chair as vanity. :banana:

Schnitzel
12-21-2015, 07:13 PM
Why have they risen? If they got discontinued, why are there still a lot?
They are discontinued now. They've been replaced by the Jewel System

U r right sts pls SNS for plat tiers!! Ueueueueu
Squeakems n' Squish :D

Ebezaanec
12-21-2015, 11:22 PM
Why have they risen? If they got discontinued, why are there still a lot?

Discontinued doesn't mean every single one was removed from the game. If the U.S. stops minting pennies, why are there still a lot of pennies out there?

Diggdugg
12-22-2015, 05:17 AM
They weren't removed, blood, glacial, and fire essence no longer drop or can be crafted. Instead the game went to a jewel system, so the rarity of gems has caused the prices to skyrocket.

Welcome to the now vanity legends

Killian229
12-22-2015, 09:06 AM
Sts is avoiding game changing items because they are bad news. I'm against them.
Because they wreck the balance of the game.

So why would anyone be a fan of basic cookie cutter builds?ALOT easier to make a few changes to old vanity's and sell them for money than to add content extending the life of the game thus drawing in more players and then more money.That seems trivial because of all the people that are OK with this.That use of "game changing" items is very vague.doesn't carry alot of meaning behind it.Vanity comes after(or along with)expansions,it shouldnt be Vanity,Vanity,Vanity,Vanity,Vanity, and then some real content.

Ebezaanec
12-22-2015, 11:32 AM
How many pennies are out there, billions? I doubt there are billions of blood gems.

I was just using an analogy, but whatever.

Back to the issue. The main problem is with itemization. There is no considerable upgrade in stats with the majority of the released gear. All that's left for the player is to sink millions of gold into outdated gems. Why? Because there is nothing else that holds a candle to them. Chaos jewels are weak and what other gem is versatile like Syrillax eye?

It's "game-breaking" because they are both OP and discontinued.

My idea would be to create event jewels that function exactly like original jewels, but they have a special particle/ground effect. If STG wants to expand on this idea then the particles effects could improve as one moves up in jewels tiers (though twinks might oppose this).

Dogma
12-22-2015, 09:16 PM
I personally believe the itemization system could use a reconsideration. The problem with relying on events to progress further in the itemization lies in the fact that it puts the future players at a permanent disadvantage for no justifiable reason. We saw this with the paracelsius and eye gems, and the only way to catch up to the players who've hoarded them is to dish out millions of gold for a discontinued item. Keyword: discontinued. The best item at any moment of time should always be obtainable!

In my opinion, the events should be left with vanities. And instead of relying on events to increase our stats, we should be served with constantly and randomly rotating gear to drive up the economy and boost our stats. As a sacrifice, people should learn to accept when a new item is better than their older equipment.

mutantninjaz
12-23-2015, 06:10 PM
hahah bro it sucks i know :p