PDA

View Full Version : Lower Levels have better drop rates?

Swimmingstar
06-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Ok so I've been leveling in hideout and other sewer maps for a while and defeat the boss 95% of the time... and haven't gotten a single pink since lvl 48 I'm lvl 52 now and i was lvl 48 like a month ago it seems like lower lvls have better rates

nazgulking
06-11-2011, 10:20 AM
One word my friend: RANDOM! The items are dropped randomly whatever your level is :)

Ellyidol
06-11-2011, 10:22 AM
No, lower level characters do not have a higher chance in getting pinks versus a higher level character.

Pink drop rates are fixed at X%, and to roll that X% is random.

Countless threads, questions, and rumours about this in forums, I'd think with the amount of discussion on it that it'd be understood that getting a pink is all about luck and nothing else.

Swimmingstar
06-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Does that mean i should start getting a lot of gold and then use it on buying 10 x1.5 luck elixirs at the same time then even get pinks from minibosses?

nazgulking
06-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Nah don't waste money just for luck elixir pots, It's useless IMHO

Swimmingstar
06-11-2011, 10:38 AM
what does h stand for in IMO

Ellyidol
06-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Does that mean i should start getting a lot of gold and then use it on buying 10 x1.5 luck elixirs at the same time then even get pinks from minibosses?

Physiologic did calculations awhile back, showing how overrated luck elixirs are.

It was something along the lines of :

If drop rates were 1% for a pink, a luck elixir would increase it by .5%, making the drop rate 1.5% for that pink.

Figures are wrong, but its that small a chance.

Also, you have to make sure mini-bosses actually have a chance to drop these pinks (have they been changed?, last I checked, no more pinks from them), since any number x 0 chance of pinks = 0.

what does h stand for in IMO

Humble / Honest.

Swimmingstar
06-11-2011, 10:41 AM
I would never waste all my gold on elixirs
and someone told me they did get a pink from catspaw or another miniboss

Ellyidol
06-11-2011, 10:50 AM
I would never waste all my gold on elixirs
and someone told me they did get a pink from catspaw or another miniboss

I wouldn't bother with luck elixirs too. I must have tried it over a hundred times, and I can still remember that it only re-rolled me for a good pink about 3 times. I prefer the Big Luck hat, I remember that thing re-rolling like crazy :)

Fyrce
06-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Drop rates are not better for a lower level vs a higher level in a particular area. HOWEVER...

Drop rates are different in different areas. Some areas have better pink drop rates, such as Skeller Krunch. The Croc Feud, Wyldwood (particularly Bad Mojo) and Plasma Pyramid seem to have good pink drop rates. Go do these areas when you need a dose of pink...

Ellyidol
06-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Drop rates are not better for a lower level vs a higher level in a particular area. HOWEVER...

Drop rates are different in different areas. Some areas have better pink drop rates, such as Skeller Krunch. The Croc Feud, Wyldwood (particularly Bad Mojo) and Plasma Pyramid seem to have good pink drop rates. Go do these areas when you need a dose of pink...

It's kinda funny how the pinks (new doom ones) in FH are, I think, rarer than BS pinks :p

Silentarrow
06-11-2011, 11:31 AM
As said above it is completley random.

Register
06-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Wait, where do you get the big luck hat?

NECROREAPER
06-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Can't get it anymore, it was from St. Patrick's day and was a plat vanity item. It grants some amount of luck but I'm not sure how much.
You would wave at the big luck to get little luck during the event, meaning you can't get little luck anymore too. Also, little luck doesn't grant the user any additional luck, unlike Big Luck.

EDIT**

Forgot to say, mini bosses still drop pinks in BS. On that epic night two nights ago when five dropped in an hour, we got two from cat and the rest from GF.

Whirlzap
06-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Pinks as in recipes, right?

Swimmingstar
06-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Here's something rich peeps can try...
Getting 495 plat buying 33 x3 luck elixirs at once keep going to hideout of any run for 30 minutes and if elixirs are 15 plat u can do this if less u can get more
it makes you get 99% of luck i think

Ellyidol
06-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Here's something rich peeps can try...
Getting 495 plat buying 33 x3 luck elixirs at once keep going to hideout of any run for 30 minutes and if elixirs are 15 plat u can do this if less u can get more
it makes you get 99% of luck i think

Elixirs don't stack :)

It's like saying to get 10 Double Damage elixirs and one shot everything in a map.

Swimmingstar
06-11-2011, 04:29 PM
If they did rich people in real life would be rich in game too really rich...

Otukura
06-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Elixirs don't stack :)

It's like saying to get 10 Double Damage elixirs and one shot everything in a map.

3x already lets you one shot :P Or one combo at least...

Whirlzap
06-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Yeah, stacking elixirs is just breaking the game... maybe adding potions, nostrums, booster cans or drugs that stack:D

Otukura
06-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Yeah, stacking elixirs is just breaking the game... maybe adding potions, nostrums, booster cans or drugs that stack:D

Plat only, ofc.

Fyrce
06-11-2011, 04:42 PM
In almost a year of PL play, I've only ever seen a re-roll result in a pink ONCE. It was a long time ago and from a luck elixir and it wasn't to me.
Other than that, seen lots of re-rolls, for grays, whites, yellows, greens. Re-rolling to purple is rare also.