PDA

View Full Version : set player damage in pvp

thugimmortal
06-11-2011, 12:08 PM
If you host a pvp game an option to set player damage would be good.
it could be set lower to make fights last longer instead of the insta death
or higher if you like one hit kills
anyone who joins your pvp room will see the set options on the team select screen

other options could be

timer
team colours

or even what hazzards you want on the map
barrels ao3
barrels fh
firetraps bs
sandtraps ssc
toxic gas swamps
silkroot plants fh
ect.

Nightarcher
06-11-2011, 02:03 PM
I can see what you're getting at, but reducing damage will just screw up everything because it's relative to armor and dodge etc. If you wanna make fights last longer, the most plausible way would be to just increase everyone's health. :)

Piosidon
06-11-2011, 03:50 PM
For the second part don't you just mean customizable arenas?

Phoenixking
06-11-2011, 03:58 PM
No more like customizable trap placement

Otukura
06-11-2011, 04:21 PM
I can see what you're getting at, but reducing damage will just screw up everything because it's relative to armor and dodge etc. If you wanna make fights last longer, the most plausible way would be to just increase everyone's health. :)

You wouldn't be able to increase it by a set value tho, because if bears and mages have 300 hp diff to start, then we increase them both by 2000, mages would have 2400 hp and bears 2700. Need to scale it.

thugimmortal
06-11-2011, 05:20 PM
For the second part don't you just mean customizable arenas?

yeah a map editor would be great too

make your own map and set traps
set ambush points lol

i made this thread for a way to make the fights last longer pvp should not be just owned by birds.
i know bears rule lower lvl pvp so the same goes there
everytime i go into pvp its like a few shots then dead wheres the thrill of the hunt and fight.
its probably fun bird vs bird but bear vs bird isnt very fun as they have no chance.
if a bear beats a bird its luck or the bird doesnt know how to pvp
i want to pvp but as it stands now i wont risk having a kill death ratio thats sucks so bad.
so i guess ill have to level up my archer just so its fair.