PDA

View Full Version : Brood Grind

Titanium
12-22-2015, 09:53 AM
I'm a bit worried about what events are turned in lately. So we have this egg which becomes a dragon after everybody in game spends a lot of time to open flamestones. And now it comes the rough part. It drops items which cost less than 1k in auction house? How we are supposed to have fun when we farm something that can't equivalets gold we spend on 100 mana potions. HELLO STS ??? Wake up and buff the hell out of this event cause everybody is bored to death !

And please check how frequently those energy essence drop. We are getting more ice scales than energy essence. Ice scales are used only to do one thing which almost everybody doesn't care . I know I know and it was spoken 100 times before that sns , para and eye gem broke the game ( sarcasm ) . But you managed to bring sns back and it seems that game isn't broken anymore ? weird right? Now how about giving the f2p something which they can grind on? Enough with the brood's vanity weapon. Add them in vendore store... I'm a middle class player who doesn't want to get bored.

Arachnophobik
12-22-2015, 10:16 AM
Imo para or eyes never really broke the game. The design was broken in the first place, how rogues' progress go higher every season where i dunno maybe i the distant future we would see rogues on 100% crit. I dont think they saw it coming, thats why jugg was re-adjusted which is a bit fair now against the super crit rogues and mages in pvp. What broke the game, the way i see it, is the people itself. Going "omg theres this guy with paragem on pvp and killed me cuz he had para, how come i cant get one of those, too op, this is bs" because they think what killed them is the gear advantage and not the lack of skill. Or those that complain about things they dont know about, like people who complain about jugg but never pvps, people who complain about a weapon that they never actually had, just seen it, those stuffs, so we get this buff and nerf cycle over and over. As for this event, I agree. You spend 1500 tokens on a vanity weapon, which you can sell but who can tell if it would, not everyone goes for looks, the weapons (except the shield ofc) are so thin you can barely see the designs anyways, dunno about you guys but its not a 400k price to me. And this is vanities, over time a lot of people will have it, sell it but ends up unsold cuz theres too much supplies. If it was an egg it wud be better cuz once you opened it, you cant sell it, likewise with gems like eyes, so price wont drop drastically cuz theres always a lot of people looking for those.

Ebezaanec
12-22-2015, 01:05 PM
There are two things that players love:

1. Running maps
2. Looting stuff

We love running maps for the thrill that PvE provides. No map is ever repetitive when you have a good loot table. How often was PL's Mt. Fang ran? Or AL's Elite Rooks' Nest? I haven't experienced the rush of nostalgia that comes with seeing pink letters appear on my screen because all of it was practically worthless.

It is very discouraging to me as a player knowing that the best I'll get out of a boss are several tokens used to purchase gear directly from an NPC. I know everyone is on the long grind equals reward bandwagon, but I really do miss the luck factor (like looting a Vial in Planar Tombs).

Everything has turned into a craft-n-wait situation, leaving people like me very bored. What's even worse is that everything is practically character-bound so I can't even mitigate some crafting to my alts.

I have a few suggestions for next events.

1. Two event maps: Make one that is short and one that is longer and filled with trash mobs. The short one requires an energy kit and is targeted for LB runners. The longer one is free to enter, but takes longer to complete.

2. Put some exclusive vanities in the bosses' loot table: I don't want to see bosses go the way of Elite Glintstone bosses or even Bloodgrub and Boogie. Seriously, MMO bosses are the crucial aspect of PvE, but in AL they don't drop anything that would pay for potion costs. At least this would give fighting a boss some value.

3. Event Jewels vs. Regular Jewels: Event Jewels have a special particle/ground effect, but have the exact same function as a regular jewel. They are just cool vanity jewels as a bonus. This won't be "game-breaking" but if the particle/ground effect is cool enough, it will have value.

Cursebaby
12-22-2015, 07:31 PM
I spend way more on pet food per hour (lvl13) than the amount i earned grinding brood for an hour!

OG Mudbone
12-22-2015, 09:55 PM
Is doing mount spyr only way to get points? 11 points per kill... How to advance tiers???

wowdah
12-22-2015, 10:02 PM
You get more points as you kill higher bosses.

Aprove
12-22-2015, 10:12 PM
+1
The previous winter event is better than the current winter event.
Btw, I <3 Arlorian Egg Event

yeldarbroz
12-22-2015, 11:33 PM
This is one of the first actually constructive threads that I've seen in awhile. The main thread and [most] of the comments were helpful, well thought out, and good at expressing their opinions. Just wanna say thanks for not whining ~~

Ucamaeben
12-23-2015, 12:32 PM
I would like fancier effects on items. Examples:

Noble fury, finesse, mind that gives weapon effect or a ground effect. Maybe step up the size, frequency, or brightness as jewels achieve higher levels.

Rings and pendants that give off an aura or a smoke trail, etc.

I've noticed a lot of the old weapons have really cool electrical, flame, ice auras. Looks like that was the thing pre level 26 update.

Just my thoughts and opinions.

Thanks

Schnitzel
12-23-2015, 03:36 PM
3. Event Jewels vs. Regular Jewels: Event Jewels have a special particle/ground effect, but have the exact same function as a regular jewel. They are just cool vanity jewels as a bonus. This won't be "game-breaking" but if the particle/ground effect is cool enough, it will have value.

The downside to particle effects is that it may cause bandwidth issues and lag up the server
and the current ping and server connection is bad enough that we get disconnections often.
Particle effects (at the current situation) would make connections worse.

I wouldn't mind if event jewels were like the old 2014 tarlok gems, where it gave dual stats

Cadbura
12-24-2015, 03:59 AM
+1 nice content free bump :)

Titanium
12-25-2015, 11:56 AM
Please don't get me wrong. I'm done having flashing lights on my feet or shiny spaceship which surrounds me when i'm walking. I'm done with vanities & special effects. The thing which disappoints me about this event.. is the rarity of items. It's too too high. And because is too high and it makes me and other people like me to don't care about it. Ok, let's not imbalance the game with "op event jewels" but how about a vanity which has a lower drop rate ?

I'm not trying to offend or to be disappreciative. STS, I thank you dearly for the content and your efforts. But think about the working class too. How we can afford things which you guys released one year ago ( eye gem / para gem ) ? If we don't have nothing to make gold from. This are serious concerns. I don't want to be a whiny kid on forum. But you guys are putting a lot of effort in everything you do but think about making event items more "exclusive" . Isn't too hilarious to farm brood dragon only cause it drop energy essence... hmm?