PDA

View Full Version : Auto-Mute -> Ban

Tempest
06-12-2011, 09:27 AM
I find it very annoying when i type things like: 'Wait a sec' and accidently type 'x' instead of 'c'. Then i get muted.

I got muted twice already today.. And a few times this week.
Is there a limit before i can get banned even if i dont mean to say it?

And lastly am i allowed to ask this question? As im complaining about 'being banned', just asking if i can get banned.

Kthx.

Swimmingstar
06-12-2011, 09:32 AM
You can get banned if you say 5 times in 24 hours

Ellyidol
06-12-2011, 09:34 AM
This ban discussion should be fine, I think, since it's nothing private.

It's true, the chat censor auto-ban is a bit strict, but better strict than lax IMO.

What I can suggest, "teach" your auto-correct to turn the bad word into "sec". You can do this by typing "sec", and when the auto-correct prompts to auto correct it to the bad word, click on the close button so it doesn't auto-correct.

I've been doing this for awhile for some other words, and my auto-correct corrects even the right words to my "taught" corrected words.

After all, I think you'd be saying "sec" more than the other word :p

DanielRH
06-12-2011, 09:40 AM
I think they should put in exceptions, so if you say "Wait a sex" instead of "Wait a sec" it converts it into the latter. I make that mistake once or twice a day, it drives me crazy lol...

NECROREAPER
06-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Or just type "hold on" ?

Ayc2000
06-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Yeah, like if you say something, it should convert into a very embarrassing sentence

Fyrce
06-12-2011, 06:17 PM
We can start a new acronym (prob already out there): WTS = wait a sec

Redbridge
06-12-2011, 06:35 PM
I got muted yesterday, genuinely forgot and said the word sh*t... My bad.... but its a pain being muted, eh?.... right in the middle of an important conversation.... People didnt know why i was running around in circles but not saying anything... lol

That'll teach me to have a lapse in concentration....

I'm all for auto-mute, my daughter plays so def a supporter...