PDA

View Full Version : Bored to the Core

Hoardseeker
12-23-2015, 09:13 AM
I'm a old AL Player , i've been playing AL since Lv26 Cap and now for me it's much boring and i've stopped playing this Xmas event . The changes over time Ruined AL.

1.Entry of Energy System:
I really hate those energy System and the way it works. I know people buy it for plat but in 2013 Xmas event you can hunt portals around arlor or Buy them with plats too, I'm sure LB runners don't have time to hunt portals and they buy those plat dungeons straight away . The chance of boss spawn depending upon the tier , if 3 gold tier enters and a newbie enters , the weak boss appears which makes those gold tiers angry too.

2. Entry of Jewels.
One of those major let down , it caused too many inflation with existing Gems . The Gems were Great and if they made those drop rate less or more essence for a gem and it would have gone good.

3.Recipies:
In older times you directly get loot from the boss or else a chest that was really awesome but now you need to collect tokens , buy a recipe, loot those materials , craft it , wait for a long time and finish. That's boring.

4.Event meter:
Collect useless eggs,craft it, fill ur crafting slots with no space for other things , open it , fill the bar and the way to brood opens mostly when you are sleeping ....

5. No event Jewels:
We had Event gems and no jewels.

6. No event boss Drop:
Use a energy , kill a boss, get points and tokens and a chance for energy essence . That's all, only tier rewards. The greatest thing was getting an awesome loot from boss with your friends looking at it

7.Mythic Prices:
Now the Mythic Amulet or Ring costs around 2k-30k and you didn't remove it from crates. Mythic items had a Unique position and now it's like a junk

8. Mythic title at 20k:
Buy a Planar pendant recipe for 20k and u get a mythic title. ( I got it for 1.2mil buying grim egg) and Mythic title lost its Unique position and cannot be rebuilt now.

9.Pets & Gears over time
The new pets over-time gets powerful , for example the arcane Pet Hammerjaw is worse than Nightshade and other mythic pets , they should maintain their level overtime and not crossing it. When u quit the game for sometime and you comeback to see your Arcane pet replaced by legendary. Same goes for Gears , Look the Below link for the comparison between Mythic armour and legendary armour of same level(lv31):
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?283857-COMPARISON-Lv31-Legendary-vs-Mythic-Armour

10.Abonded Lv36 Mythic Set:
It got released in Lv36 Expansion . The Lv41 Expansion passed away and now it's lv46 Expansion and still we got those Old Lv36 mythic set as a Rubbish in our inventory. Can't be sold or Used at least as Vanity.

Those are my thoughts on the changes made over game and it's a boring to the core event

To prevent the game getting even worse STS should Discuss the Changes planned for the game with the community before they implement it.

Coco Cocos
12-23-2015, 09:19 AM
Well...that's true...and really boring....STS need to see this...

Intous
12-23-2015, 09:25 AM
I only started playing early but what Hoardy said is true...
+1
I dont think STS will consider this

Greatankush
12-23-2015, 09:28 AM
if all of this would be reversed al can win best mmo... 2016

Coco Cocos
12-23-2015, 09:33 AM
In 2013 (When winter event was without energy) players were like 10 mil ( example)..and now there are like 2-3 mil...

Greatankush
12-23-2015, 09:35 AM
In 2013 (When winter event was without energy) players were like 10 mil ( example)..and now there are like 2-3 mil...

well we cannot have a no energy event anymore. if that would be done there are some people who can reach plat in like hours. this would lead to plat tier stuff seling for 60-80K . then token stuff will also loose its value.

Coco Cocos
12-23-2015, 09:38 AM
I know STS dont do that but yea...never say never.....

Zaizor
12-23-2015, 09:38 AM
4.Event meter:
Collect useless eggs,craft it, fill ur crafting slots with no space for other things , open it , fill the bar and the way to brood opens mostly when you are sleeping ....

I bought that stupid Hunter Badge and I've yet to fight the brood because it's either open when I'm at work or like you said, sleeping. I wasted 200 tokens on it. It's so stupid, and worthless to me.

Coco Cocos
12-23-2015, 09:40 AM
I bought that stupid Hunter Badge and I've yet to fight the brood because it's either open when I'm at work or like you said, sleeping. I wasted 200 tokens on it. It's so stupid, and worthless to me.
Everyone bought that because everyone when event starts say :OMG i think this item its so useful! and after they realise its just a noob thing...

Greatankush
12-23-2015, 09:42 AM
Everyone bought that because everyone when event starts say :OMG i think this item its so useful! and after they realise its just a noob thing...

i have earnt -80k from this event lol. ill reach gold and sell egg to make it 60k

Coco Cocos
12-23-2015, 09:46 AM
i have earnt -80k from this event lol. ill reach gold and sell egg to make it 60k
Same,i have earn -300k from this event and i am gold tier,but i opened the egg...LOL this event makes me poor...

Greatankush
12-23-2015, 09:49 AM
Same,i have earn -300k from this event and i am gold tier,but i opened the egg...LOL this event makes me poor...

i cant resist myself from buying energy which is 20k each lol.

i earnt 20k from trash so -80k loli know pet is good and for me( i only have nilbog lilbear and squirels) its a must have but i really need the cash hehehehehe

Coco Cocos
12-23-2015, 09:52 AM
i cant resist myself from buying energy which is 20k each lol.

i earnt 20k from trash so -80k loli know pet is good and for me( i only have nilbog lilbear and squirels) its a must have but i really need the cash hehehehehe
Yea....when halloween pre-event appers with eve crates i spend around 1m i cannot ressit from them LOL...SUCH TRASH,SUCH MONEY SPENT

Greatankush
12-23-2015, 09:56 AM
Yea....when halloween pre-event appers with eve crates i spend around 1m i cannot ressit from them LOL...SUCH TRASH,SUCH MONEY SPENT bro I HAD 1M SOME TIME AGO BUT I BLEW IT ALL AT ONCE... I HAVE 100K NOW AFTER YOUR PAY

herculeans
12-23-2015, 09:56 AM
Hoard same feeling bro you just said what i had in my mind arcane legends was best 2-3years back new development in the game makes it sick at the same time those ideas are good but they should plan proper like energy will be used only at brooding place will be nice ;(

Greatankush
12-23-2015, 09:58 AM
LETS GET BACK TO THE TOPIC.

this game is too addictive btw

Hoardseeker
12-23-2015, 10:08 AM
bro I HAD 1M SOME TIME AGO BUT I BLEW IT ALL AT ONCE... I HAVE 100K NOW AFTER YOUR PAY

Back to topic. I don't like the event .

Zaizor
12-23-2015, 10:19 AM
I've yet to loot anything worth any money. Best case scenario, I crafted 80+ energy, I get some icy chests etc, I got a swift egg, so I either get junk or gold from the chests, nothing more than 2k, I hoard the swift egg (or open it, haven't decided) and then what? What do I earn after? 6.7k points for a vanity takes more time than I have in real life. And just a vanity? The most I can get for it is 500k total. Best thing I can do is save tokens, but something that'll go up in price, wait months to sell it...

These events are more waiting and crafting lockeds, energy, flamestone eggs, than actually playing the game... I spend more time sitting around than playing... what's the point of a game you can't actually play?...

Nepos
12-23-2015, 10:39 AM
I was so happy when winter event came and i farmed 3 days 10 hours a day for essences.
I am plat tier now and all i have:
A vanity and a pet.
Not enough in my opinion because in this time i could have earned more money by farming lockeds with luck elexir.
I love events like the wibter event but i hate the energy systen and the plat tier reward.
Gold tier reward is ok but you need 3.5x more points to reach plat tier and you only get a vanity.
The drop rate of energy essences is very low, too and fighting the brood dragon doesnt give you any good rewards.

I would love the event if:
-The drop rate of energy essences would be higer
-The plat tier reward would be better
-The new legendary set would be better

I hope the next event will be better.
I hope sts hears us...

Arachnophobik
12-23-2015, 10:41 AM
I agree with about half of the things you said.

But as for the entry of energy kits, I think it just depends in how the event was designed. Halloween 2014 was great even tho it had energy. So is the easter egg event where you get to open those eggs that give ankhs/myth ring/etc. and that had recipes. How jewels drop is bad for me, but how they are intended to be is good. In the long run, you can just take out all your jewels out of your old gear and put them in the new one after the old ones get outdated. As for pets over time, I believe they should get outdated, regardless of rarity. They will still have decent use of course, but over time player stats are growing stronger, people will always look forward to being stronger thus why there's better pets. You cant release a new model for a car with the same features but different looks, over time there should be something that makes people want to get it because its better than the last one. Just my 2c.

Hoardseeker
12-23-2015, 11:02 AM
I agree with about half of the things you said.

But as for the entry of energy kits, I think it just depends in how the event was designed. Halloween 2014 was great even tho it had energy. So is the easter egg event where you get to open those eggs that give ankhs/myth ring/etc. and that had recipes. How jewels drop is bad for me, but how they are intended to be is good. In the long run, you can just take out all your jewels out of your old gear and put them in the new one after the old ones get outdated. As for pets over time, I believe they should get outdated, regardless of rarity. They will still have decent use of course, but over time player stats are growing stronger, people will always look forward to being stronger thus why there's better pets. You cant release a new model for a car with the same features but different looks, over time there should be something that makes people want to get it because its better than the last one. Just my 2c.

Easter Egg event doesn't have energy and it had only one recipe and so you can fill your slots with it which is the only worth of that event. Halloween 2014 was nothing before the events without energy kits.

Zylx
12-23-2015, 11:21 AM
Lol from the looks of it, the easter event was the best event this year.. LOL

Powkachu
12-23-2015, 12:48 PM
When something is new people get really excited and want to buy it but when it's old they dont care about it anymore...only few keep the old things...

Majin Vineet
12-23-2015, 01:19 PM
I managed to buy that badger thinking of farming...
Managed to get brood 5 times for full 1 hour not even 1min less.
I used lep n elixirs

What I got???

Nothing!!!
I'm -90- -100k low for elixir cost, tired n unhappy.

Better use Lovecraft events mechanism of portals...
Lovecraft is my favorite event cos of that mechanism where everyone was happy and enjoying.

kinzmet
12-23-2015, 01:25 PM
The brood breeding ground should have a decent lot IMO. Without decent loot it would be a waste of time going in. Also reduce the needed Flame eggs to fill the bar, its so dissapointing to spend all those HARD FARMED flame eggs to help filling up the bar only to have it opened while your sleep or at school/work.

Ebezaanec
12-23-2015, 01:40 PM
I have a few suggestions for next events.

1. Two event maps: Make one that is short and one that is longer and filled with trash mobs. The short one requires an energy kit and is targeted for LB runners. The longer one is free to enter, but takes longer to complete.

2. Put some exclusive vanities in the bosses' loot table: I don't want to see bosses go the way of Elite Glintstone bosses or even Bloodgrub and Boogie. Seriously, MMO bosses are the crucial aspect of PvE, but in AL they don't drop anything that would pay for potion costs. At least this would give fighting a boss some value.

3. Event Jewels vs. Regular Jewels: Event Jewels have a special particle/ground effect, but have the exact same function as a regular jewel. They are just cool vanity jewels as a bonus. This won't be "game-breaking" but if the particle/ground effect is cool enough, it will have value.

/11characters

Falconeix
12-23-2015, 01:52 PM
Yes, I agreed, this event was boring, money and time-wasting (from waiting the crafting done, getting to the plat tier which is 6.7k points that has only a reward of vanities) and come on?! do we need those stuff? to prevent the games unbalanced? not focusing on gears? Anyways, STS had done a great job, last 2013, how I wish I experienced that year/season where those veteran players are telling that AL became the best MMO. Still, I managed to play this once in awhile and it will be a year now since I played last year this month. And what Hoard said is true, I suppose, even though I didn't start playing on 2013 but I just see posts then telling that season was the best. STS should get the event for good next year, I mean, a great way to have some loots and money making events.
Anyways,
Wish you a Merry Christmas to all!!! ^_^ Happy Holidays!!! :D (It's better to spend your time to your family ;))

Excuses
12-23-2015, 01:55 PM
First event I ever stopped playing in the middle of it...

Niixed
12-23-2015, 02:21 PM
These events are more waiting and crafting lockeds, energy, flamestone eggs, than actually playing the game... I spend more time sitting around than playing... what's the point of a game you can't actually play?...

I think your comment gets to the heart of the problem... A game is supposed to be at least 51% fun, but with the tedious fangs, exponentially impossible jewels, and event crafting, it's become more like a job than a game. I totally understand STS' need to make a profit, but there has to be a better way than this.

Excluding the BIG PRIZES from the event has robbed the event of its purpose. There's no centerpiece, just consolation vanity prizes. It's style over substance. The BIG PRIZES are what generate the excitement. Working together with your in-game friends to conquer the event and achieve great rewards is what generates the real fun.

Honestly, I disliked the energy system from the moment I heard about it. It's a giant barrier to fun and working together. This is why:

Player 1: "Hey wanna do event?"
Player 2: "Nope sorry, out of energy"
Player 1: "ok np" (Thinks: ugh. That's the third one I asked. is there anyone who has energy left? This is sooo irritating. I guess I have to solo again. This sucks.)

Most players I know feel rebellious toward the energy system and refuse to spend plat on it because it's just so obnoxious. They feel like their wallets are being farmed. They make it a point to farm energy essence and then save it for the next event instead of spending it playing with others in the guild. The energy system has turned the hardcore AL players into grumpy soloists. The new players have all the fun because they haven't yet felt the energy drain.

The energy system was tolerable when events had big prizes, but now it's not worth investing real money (plat). It's almost not worth investing the time into farming energy.

I want STS to be able to make a profit. I know the balance between F2P and P2P is extremely difficult to achieve. I know there are probably good reasons STS has removed BIG PRIZES from event lineups. I know STS has a tough, thankless job of managing an entire fantasy world. Every MMO developer faces the same trouble. I encourage STS to continue seeking balance and harmony with all competing needs.

Dragonrider023
12-23-2015, 02:40 PM
Playing since L16 cap, can't even get past L27 lol. Yeah alot had changed, now its all about pets.

kinzmet
12-23-2015, 06:45 PM
Playing since L16 cap, can't even get past L27 lol. Yeah alot had changed, now its all about pets.

Best pets are cheap now, unlike before. And the game moves forward not stand still. Stagnant game-play is boring.

Hoardseeker
12-23-2015, 10:26 PM
Best pets are cheap now, unlike before. And the game moves forward not stand still. Stagnant game-play is boring.

Because they drastically improved drop rates , that's why mythic items are below 1mil, Including newer items. But upgrading it takes over 10mil .

Ceuidear
12-23-2015, 11:30 PM
They should implement any one of these to ensure equality among plat & non plat users :-

1. Replace gold given in daily quests to 2 or 3 plats & replace 2 & 25 potions from klass & shaazbot with 5-10K gold or 1-5 plats.

2. Make tradeable platinum kits of 50, 100, 150, 200 & 250 so players who wanna buy plats without spending real cash can buy plats for gold & players who wanna make fast gold spending real cash can sell plat kits for gold.

Regarding event :-

1. Make bonus portals just like 2014 goblin event which can be opened using an special item like relic so, players who cant afford plats to buy kits can keep running other maps to find bonus portals.

2. Reduce energy refill time to 3hrs 30 mins.

3. Make energy kits purchasable for event tokens.

4. Extend LB ranking list 100 places with just banner reward for players ranking from 50-100 so, players who run event maps oftenly spending their minimum amount of gold to earn banners can make their event runs with less stress.

5. Most importantly increase energy essence drop rate.

[NOTE : None of these above points will be taken into consideration by STS & implement them :p ]

Hoardseeker
12-24-2015, 12:04 PM
But for gears it shouldn't be like that
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?283857-COMPARISON-Lv31-Legendary-vs-Mythic-Armour

Rabidfurdroolz
12-24-2015, 02:23 PM
Plats for gold... Lol if u r made manager for one day.... U ll nuke the company.. Lol.. Sts confirmed this will never happen..

Dragonrider023
12-24-2015, 04:13 PM
Still can't afford, I am sticking with the forums.

twinkplays
12-24-2015, 05:00 PM
this is a realy good thread keep up the good work and make STS notice this!!

Zaizor
12-24-2015, 05:28 PM
this is a realy good thread keep up the good work and make STS notice this!!

The only way STS notices things is if we write down our suggestions on $100 bills and mail it to them. Maybe that's just my cynicism talking... but it definitely feels that way most times.

vawaid
12-24-2015, 06:01 PM
my problem with this game is jewel system.

my problem with this event is no event jewel.

"Quote to reply, I use tapasucks."

Hoardseeker
12-24-2015, 11:23 PM
They should implement any one of these to ensure equality among plat & non plat users :-

1. Replace gold given in daily quests to 2 or 3 plats & replace 2 & 25 potions from klass & shaazbot with 5-10K gold or 1-5 plats.

2. Make tradeable platinum kits of 50, 100, 150, 200 & 250 so players who wanna buy plats without spending real cash can buy plats for gold & players who wanna make fast gold spending real cash can sell plat kits for gold.

Regarding event :-

1. Make bonus portals just like 2014 goblin event which can be opened using an special item like relic so, players who cant afford plats to buy kits can keep running other maps to find bonus portals.

2. Reduce energy refill time to 3hrs 30 mins.

3. Make energy kits purchasable for event tokens.

4. Extend LB ranking list 100 places with just banner reward for players ranking from 50-100 so, players who run event maps oftenly spending their minimum amount of gold to earn banners can make their event runs with less stress.

5. Most importantly increase energy essence drop rate.

[NOTE : None of these above points will be taken into consideration by STS & implement them :p ]

If you make play kits for gold now, people only want to get plat kit to get whatever they want and wont buy other kits ,the other kits lose their value , think before you say.

Zylx
12-25-2015, 12:27 AM
The main issue is the cost vs profit. Putting the effort to make a good profit and ending up with less than you began with. A lack of a short-term rewards system that's substituted by "Luck". This whole game is a gamble. STS focused more on the far future that they neglect the present's fundamentals that build up a future.

No one in the right mind is going to enjoy a game because it's fun. Maybe in the first few moments of fresh gameplay and new experience. But after all that, people tend to care more about profit and social stance. Money = Power. Attaining profit is what keeps people in the game, especially when the novelty of fresh gameplay experience dwindles away and is replaced by a sense of "work" - when people feel they are sacrificing their time to produce a desirable outcome. To be accepted as a high class person in a society, to feel important. That is the importance of profit.

Now, when a player enters a zone with some kind of supplies that have originated a cost (energy, ankh kits, elixirs, potions etc), and completes the zone with absolutely no notable immediate reward, yet they consumed their supplies (lost energy/ankhs/elixirs/potions), cost overtakes profit. And when a player had a goal to gain profit, they would "work" to attempt to achieve it. So essentially, a player paid out-of-pocket to work, rather than a player being paid to work. Which basically doesnt make sense.

There are two kinds of people in the world of mmo's. Those who don't care for fake virtual currency - who already don't tend to actually play the mmo; and then those who enjoy the sweet moments of accomplishment from winning the game - who tend to enjoy working hard to achieve a goal.

In this situation, the game appeals to neither which greatly limits player enthusiasm and participation. Those who enjoy the game for fun mechanics are the newer minority who still enjoy AL. Even the devs are probably bored with it, which is why they rarely play.

aneshsinghblu
12-25-2015, 09:34 AM
If you make play kits for gold now, people only want to get plat kit to get whatever they want and wont buy other kits ,the other kits lose their value , think before you say.

is buying 100 plat and selling it as a kit not the same as buying 4 ankh Kits with plat and selling?. . . its the same amount of plat.
the same ppl selling the kits will be the ones that will sell the plat kits. . more value per plat cause now the buyer of the plat kits can even open locks. . I think many non plat buyer wishes to open locks. .

Hoardseeker
12-25-2015, 09:39 AM
is buying 100 plat and selling it as a kit not the same as buying 4 ankh Kits with plat and selling?. . . its the same amount of plat.
the same ppl selling the kits will be the ones that will sell the plat kits. . more value per plat cause now the buyer of the plat kits can even open locks. . I think many non plat buyer wishes to open locks. .

If a buyer gets plat kit , he can respawn using 1 plat instead of 1 ankh ( 50anks for 50plat?) So no change in price and he could use remaining plat with other things which gives you more benifit, so people look forward only to buy plat kits.

Back to the Topic.

imbd
12-25-2015, 04:26 PM
Wht would we prefer in the plat tier reward (within reason) It's not to late for sts to add somethin to the reward they just needa here wht we want!:) cmon sts u can see wht we all want.. Don't u want AL to b best mmo 2016? Then make some positive changes! Bring back para n eyes instead of always bringing new gear..Yea jewels are good at twink levels but those poor endgamers. For them to create a maxed set they gotta spend 5 m per eye 10 m per para (it's also risky..u ask why ppl get scammed), it's not fair.. Why r u brining new mythic sets? When u bring new gear your aim is always to try to get rid of para n eyes. Just bring them back but tradeable! Give AL ways to farm..the balance in AL is so uneaven, some ppl (Zeus) who can afford full eye n para sets then there's newbies who reach 46 have no ways of farming other than locks have to spend like a few months just to get arc ring, pendant, etc by this time many quit or buy plat (exactly what you want) also seriously?? I was expecting a plat sale for Halloween but plat price went up..Now I'm not complaining bcs I'm a newbie without any gold. I have full para eye set n can afford to buy another few sets so it's no benifit to me. I just wanna give u some positive feedback which I'm hoping will get read *fingers crossed*.
Anyway gluck sts, this is what the players want.
Sented

Kershy
12-25-2015, 06:25 PM
This evet is only for hardcore ppl who get tons of tokens... And id also like to suggest something for further events

Kershals :p

Hoardseeker
12-26-2015, 01:23 AM
Added Lv36 Mythic set to the Topic. Which made me quit the game for a while.

faithpece
12-26-2015, 02:51 AM
They should introduce lucky wheel. ..:-\

1) Free Spin Every 24 Hrs.. ( Addition spin if you use platinum
2) Add Pet Shards, ( For Example get 10 Malison Shard to craft one Malison Egg.
3) Elixirs.." Same As Klaas and Shazbot.

This Fortune Wheel actually make players come every day to play ..

and of course not to mention daily login bonus..

Thanks!

illidan
12-26-2015, 04:50 AM
I'm a old AL Player , i've been playing AL since Lv26 Cap and now for me it's much boring and i've stopped playing this Xmas event . The changes over time Ruined AL.

1.Entry of Energy System:
I really hate those energy System and the way it works. I know people buy it for plat but in 2013 Xmas event you can hunt portals around arlor or Buy them with plats too, I'm sure LB runners don't have time to hunt portals and they buy those plat dungeons straight away . The chance if boss spawn depending upon the tier , if 3 gold tier enters and a newbie enters , the weak boss appears which makes those gold tiers angry too.

2. Entry of Jewels.
One of those major let down , it caused too many inflation with existing Gems . The Gems were Great and if they made those drop rate less or more essence for a gem and it would have gone good.

3.Recipies:
In older times you directly get loot from the boss or else a chest that was really awesome but now you need to collect tokens , buy a recipe, loot those materials , craft it , wait for a long time and finish. That's boring.

4.Event meter:

5. No event Jewels:
We had Event gems and no jewels.

6. No event boss Drop:
Use a energy , kill a boss, get points and tokens and a chance for energy essence . That's all, only tier rewards. The greatest thing was getting an awesome loot from boss with your friends looking at it

7.Mythic Prices:
Now the Mythic Amulet or Ring costs around 2k-30k and you didn't remove it from crates. Mythic items had a Unique position and now it's like a garbage

8. Mythic title at 20k:
Buy a Planar pendant recipe for 20k and u get a mythic title. ( I got it for 1.2mil buying grim egg) and Mythic title lost its Unique position and cannot be rebuilt now.

9.Pets & Gears over time
The new pets over-time gets powerful , for example the arcane Pet Hammerjaw is worse than Nightshade and other mythic pets , they should maintain their level overtime and not crossing it. When u quit the game for sometime and you comeback to see your Arcane pet replaced by legendary. Same goes for Gears , Look the Below link for the comparison between Mythic armour and legendary armour of same level(lv31):

10.Abonded Lv36 Mythic Set:
It got released in Lv36 Expansion . The Lv41 Expansion passed away and now it's lv46 Expansion and still we got those Old Lv36 mythic set as a Rubbish in our inventory. Can't be sold or Used at least as Vanity.

I've started hating this game , those are my thoughts on the changes made over game and it's a boring to the core event

To prevent the game getting even worse STS should Discuss the Changes planned for the game with the community before they implement it.

Im pretty angry about this too...but why should sts care? Old players leave, new come (its like 1:2 ) sts makes still same money from this,so why care about some nobble players?

sts changed a lot...as (almost) every online RPG Ive played - as the game starts devs r active, making new things which makes new players coming....but as the game becomes popular, devs just recycle old stuff or add things which r popular in other games. STS no longer cares about veterans...

Cursebaby
12-26-2015, 06:54 AM
Lol so damn true. Boring event, boring pvp, boring game.
Lets start with the event...plat tier...almost 7k points...is this a joke...? Wasnt it 2.9k last time? And for something not worth shet? Literally 25 crate tokens lmao thats a hell useful item to Non-Plat users right? And additionally, i believed it was mentioned at least a 100times, the energy drop rate is lesser than the drop rate of sns from massive... Then we have the brood badge...200 tokens to fight a boss that opens when your sleepin, and even when you farm? Loot a vanity weapon recipe and hey guess what? Its not even 1/10 of the amount i use for pet food daily..imma lvl13 btw...As its said event is almost useless except to get a swift egg which is similar to breeze..
Secondly, pvp...everytime i go into a room...heyyyyy i get ganged 1v9 5 on enemy team and 3-4 blockers. What bs is that? Makes pvp so boring just getting ganged daily...Maybe a option to be able to kick people out of your team? The ganging situation at twinking is getting worse and worse and it really needs to be fixed lmao.
To the game in general, everyday log on, repeat same thing, check auc,do some merch,go pvp,get ganged,leave,check auc again,switch off game. Thats it.
This game really needs a buff or soon people will start quitting the game. Please sts please..

Zynzyn
12-26-2015, 08:02 AM
Lol so damn true. Boring event, boring pvp, boring game....To the game in general, everyday log on, repeat same thing, check auc,do some merch,go pvp,get ganged,leave,check auc again,switch off game. Thats it.

Maybe because you are an old player and you 'everyday log on'. Everything gets boring after awhile. Maybe its interesting for new players.

StrangeAsylum
12-26-2015, 09:07 AM
Maybe because you are an old player and you 'everyday log on'. Everything gets boring after awhile. Maybe its interesting for new players.
Not only that, I loved this game so I played everyday.
The thing is, no one wants to grind the same maps over and over again. They do create events and I understand that they can't make every week a new event. I used to have fun playing the events but lately I haven't...I personally feel that it is getting worse by time.

Unless the Devs can make something really interesting and keep us the older players entertained, we will probably quit the game.

Cursebaby
12-26-2015, 10:34 AM

I mostly only come on for 30mins a day? Cuz its soo boring lmao

bruceboster
12-26-2015, 03:42 PM
100% Agree with Hoardseeker
My best memories, I started playing this game in December of 2012 or 2013 ( not remember) rather Tarlok event. When I do not know what that portal even I do not know when it was winter event . I envied people in town wearing costumes of ice because it looks cool. When I 'm trying to finish my quest , I saw all peoples running to the portal and then I followed him turns out I moved to another location that is cool snowy . I go forward with the others and fight dragons although my most dead but I'm happy because I can get the chest then told me to open it and turns it armor made ​​of ice I want (epic rarity). I am very proud and happy even though the event is over and my level far beyond the level of armor that I still wear . STS , can you create a memorable game like that again ? I am sure you can! Rise up and be the best MMO in 2016 .

Potato is me
12-27-2015, 07:06 AM
Well it was not all bad, we should give sts some encouragement, i like the part where brood comes out, everyone starts farming for it and also the egg hunt after that, fairly exciting, but i also see ways where that can be improved, like brood give a chance to drop more valuable items, lvl 46 legendaries which are of decent stats or interesting procs/ 1% drop rate for the new mythic weaps :D and for the egg hunt idk, its fun but too much luck involved i guess and ppl (including me ) always mistake tarlok for syrillax!!!

Juicymango
12-27-2015, 02:25 PM
You took the words out of my mouth hoard.
I remember the old times and it's sad to see what happened to the game.
I started playing again 2 weeks ago and everything has changed- mostly to the negativ...

Miss the old times farming portals and congratulating your guildies and best friends for dropping awesome eggs and chest.
As for now the game is really onesides. All you do is running watchers tomb for essences and fight against 5 differenz bosses as you said for almost nothing.

A vanity for weeks of hard work or if you buy enough plats for a ridiculous high amount of money is in my opinion very very unfair.

Another point I wonder about is, why STS does not implement some log in bonuses or daily rewards.

KAt the moment i am even thinking of quitting again after my comeback.

octavos
12-27-2015, 04:01 PM
AL, as other sts games I have loved. I have no reason to level. I don't do pvp, i don't really farm anymore...and the low levels I used to play that had a chance of gaining some gold "locked chests" and selling those items....not alot, but enough to keep me busy. AL has changed, but not for me..but players who love to collect. titles..vanity's..and pets.

I need to be able to hop into a game..get some items..and get out...not feeling like i've lost more then I went in. AL was like this before..and raising in level meant something. meaning money was to be made at lower levels so people didn't have to depend on locked chests to get something great.

So now, anytime i log onto AL...its only to play low levels in the hopes to find a way to make some dinero...till that day hits again...ill just log in to visit towns. happy holidays ladies and gents. :ghost:

Edward Coug
12-27-2015, 05:27 PM
It's actually very easy to make gold now, compared to how difficult it was during the planar tombs expansion.

Strategy died when they decreased the difficulty of the new elites. But it seems like I'm in the minority. A lot of players hated planar. I loved it.

Intous
12-27-2015, 06:15 PM
IMO AL is all abt gear, gold, and everyone uses almost the same (almost) skill builds and strategies.
So if STS could make this game more skill based, and make more farming places and more ways of getting gold etc...
I totally agree with Hoardy.

Avshow
12-27-2015, 08:21 PM
I have played AL since S1, in my opinion, players never stop complaining, in any time....

The L46 mythic set at least are farmable, although need long time, it is alrdy a progress.

wowdah
12-27-2015, 08:46 PM
I have played AL since S1, in my opinion, players never stop complaining, in any time....

The L46 mythic set at least are farmable, although need long time, it is alrdy a progress.

Yep agree with avshow here. In S1 people complained as well. Many people complained about the elusive four for a while as well. IMO this quest is good because it's a long goal to achieve instead of an ezpz one.

Serancha
12-27-2015, 10:04 PM
People will always complain. That's human nature. However, there is no denying that this game has gone stale.

We have seen too many seasons with no real progress. The 26 / 31 mythics lasted 2 1/2 years (upgrading to 36 doesn't count as new gear), and since then they have only released crate-only mythic weapons that give +100 dmg over anything else, but then make a farmable mythic set where the stats are a very minor (if any) improvement over the old gear. The reasoning behind this is that the players are getting too strong so they can't give us any improvement in our armour stats. However, they did the same thing 3 seasons in a row.

When the only real improvement in stats comes from gambling with crates, and farming for months gets you almost no improvement, there is something very wrong. One can easily blow $100 on this game and get nothing for it. I'm currently playing elsewhere where $100 gets me 3 months of premium play bonuses and early access to a pre-release game with endless things to do and progress on. There are any number of games that give you this kind of bang for your buck, so why would someone spend it on a game that offers zero progression unless you are willing to flush hundreds down the toilet? Unless they offer some real incentive to play and ability to improve, I don't see AL lasting more than another year at most.

Hoardseeker
12-28-2015, 12:02 AM

I didn't Complain that Normal players cannot Get mythic without playing , I Meant the Level 36 Mythic Set ( Upgraded) is still a Junk in my inventory.

Avshow
12-28-2015, 01:08 AM
sigh.....i agree all.................but .....useless..............so...just enjoy....till ..........finally u feel bored....

People will always complain. That's human nature. However, there is no denying that this game has gone stale.

We have seen too many seasons with no real progress. The 26 / 31 mythics lasted 2 1/2 years (upgrading to 36 doesn't count as new gear), and since then they have only released crate-only mythic weapons that give +100 dmg over anything else, but then make a farmable mythic set where the stats are a very minor (if any) improvement over the old gear. The reasoning behind this is that the players are getting too strong so they can't give us any improvement in our armour stats. However, they did the same thing 3 seasons in a row.

When the only real improvement in stats comes from gambling with crates, and farming for months gets you almost no improvement, there is something very wrong. One can easily blow $100 on this game and get nothing for it. I'm currently playing elsewhere where $100 gets me 3 months of premium play bonuses and early access to a pre-release game with endless things to do and progress on. There are any number of games that give you this kind of bang for your buck, so why would someone spend it on a game that offers zero progression unless you are willing to flush hundreds down the toilet? Unless they offer some real incentive to play and ability to improve, I don't see AL lasting more than another year at most.

Serancha
12-28-2015, 09:34 AM
sigh.....i agree all.................but .....useless..............so...just enjoy....till ..........finally u feel bored....

There is nothing useless about constructive criticism. If they start making gear that offers worthwhile stat improvements and allow players to play more than 3 maps in a season, that would bring back a lot of the drifting playerbase. Seasonal leaderboards (yes, the non-timed-run leaderboards) would also give people a sense of purpose.

It's ultimately up to the devs, but saying nothing is worse than useless.

Edward Coug
12-28-2015, 09:44 AM
I didn't Complain that Normal players cannot Get mythic without playing , I Meant the Level 36 Mythic Set ( Upgraded) is still a Junk in my inventory.

You are complaining that there is nothing to profitably farm, yet you want to have your level 36 mythic set upgraded. Allowing gear to be upgraded kills farming. At some point my planar pendant and glintstone helmet are going to be stuck in my inventory. That doesn't bother me at all.

Hoardseeker
12-28-2015, 10:52 AM
You are complaining that there is nothing to profitably farm, yet you want to have your level 36 mythic set upgraded. Allowing gear to be upgraded kills farming. At some point my planar pendant and glintstone helmet are going to be stuck in my inventory. That doesn't bother me at all.
I didn't Complain that I Need another Upgrade to that set , I just Wanted to make some changes with that Like converting it into Vanity , instead Liquidating it or keeping it as a Junk in my inventory.Don't try to criticise me.

Edward Coug
12-28-2015, 11:44 AM
I didn't Complain that I Need another Upgrade to that set , I just Wanted to make some changes with that Like converting it into Vanity , instead Liquidating it or keeping it as a Junk in my inventory.Don't try to criticise me.

If they give players the option of turning the set into a tradeable vanity, how much do you think it will sell for? 100k?

I'd much rather have the devs use their limited resources elsewhere, like on existing bugs, new content, and class balance.

Hoardseeker
12-28-2015, 12:46 PM
If they give players the option of turning the set into a tradeable vanity, how much do you think it will sell for? 100k?

I'd much rather have the devs use their limited resources elsewhere, like on existing bugs, new content, and class balance.

Converting it into a Vanity doesn't take much effort , I don't care how much it sells for , It looks cool and the Community likes it as a Vanity , that's all.

Juicymango
12-28-2015, 06:06 PM

In my opinion it is pretty unfair with these mythic stuff. I spent millions on it and much time to upgrade the gear and now I have nothing.
If I'd have been gone with legendary gear I could at least have sold it now for the normal prizes or create a twink in this level and give it to him.

It's like you would buy a new phone and half a year later no one would even give you a penny for that, for me really unrealistic, thats why I think this has to be changed. :)

Edward Coug
12-28-2015, 10:47 PM
In my opinion it is pretty unfair with these mythic stuff. I spent millions on it and much time to upgrade the gear and now I have nothing.
If I'd have been gone with legendary gear I could at least have sold it now for the normal prizes or create a twink in this level and give it to him.

It's like you would buy a new phone and half a year later no one would even give you a penny for that, for me really unrealistic, thats why I think this has to be changed. :)

Players bought arcane rings for 50m and Nekro for 45m. I'd say they lost a lot more gold than you.

Don't cry about it. Go farm. Farming is what keeps the economy going. Allowing the mythic upgrade in the first place really hurt the economy. If you could simply keep trading in gear for better gear the game would die.

And the mythic set is stashable. You can create a twink.

Hoardseeker
12-28-2015, 11:39 PM
Players bought arcane rings for 50m and Nekro for 45m. I'd say they lost a lot more gold than you.

Don't cry about it. Go farm. Farming is what keeps the economy going. Allowing the mythic upgrade in the first place really hurt the economy. If you could simply keep trading in gear for better gear the game would die.

As you said , Farm, That's the thing we are complaining ,the Farming thing has been completely Changed which we Hate! If you Read out the points on my thread ,most of them will tell you how farming items has changed over years from 2012.Better read my main Post first . And again WE DON'T WANT ANOTHER UPGRADE FOR LV36 MYTHIC I've used Caps as I already told it in my other post but you just don't read what I said. We just asked it to be converted into vanity , that's all.

Edward Coug
12-29-2015, 01:18 AM
As you said , Farm, That's the thing we are complaining ,the Farming thing has been completely Changed which we Hate! If you Read out the points on my thread ,most of them will tell you how farming items has changed over years from 2012.Better read my main Post first . And again WE DON'T WANT ANOTHER UPGRADE FOR LV36 MYTHIC I've used Caps as I already told it in my other post but you just don't read what I said. We just asked it to be converted into vanity , that's all.

You don't want old arcane pets to become obsolete. That would hurt farming and make all other classes of pets pointless.

You don't like recipes. Getting rid of recipes would also hurt farming because it would make farming less sustainable. I agree that the glintstone recipes are excessive, but only because the set isn't an upgrade.

Hoardseeker
12-29-2015, 01:30 AM
You don't want old arcane pets to become obsolete. That would hurt farming and make all other classes of pets pointless.

You don't like recipes. Getting rid of recipes would also hurt farming because it would make farming less sustainable. I agree that the glintstone recipes are excessive, but only because the set isn't an upgrade.

I didn't say "oh! Get rid of those recipes" . READ MY MAIN POST FIRST . I've used Caps as I told it already in my previous post and you don't want to read that till now, here is a Quote from main post:

I've started hating this game , those are my thoughts on the changes made over game and it's a boring to the core event

So as I said, thats my thoughts on the game and I did not force anyone to revert those changes.
Here is another quoted reply :

If you're a old player you'd know how the changes affected the gameplay, better read those replies made by other Players too. Don't try to criticise me. And i've also forgot to add a point , The Exclusivity of Vanities , Vanities are EXCLUSIVELY available only from the Plat Purchase . Which is a great income for STS as Everyone wants vanities.The Major loss is they made farm able Vanities so the plat bought vanities lost their Value and no one buys it.

Juicymango
12-29-2015, 03:42 AM

I really do not want to sound like I am crying. I dont care about the gold but I think its pretty unfair that the gear is useless now.
In my opinion nekro and arcane ring prizes are normal since the prices always drop and you could just wait to buy it cheaper. The same was in Season 1 or 2 with hammerjaw when he was that expensive and if you want to buy it now you can get him way cheaper.

I didn't say "oh! Get rid of those recipes" . READ MY MAIN POST FIRST . I've used Caps as I told it already in my previous post and you don't want to read that till now, here is a Quote from main post:

So as I said, thats my thoughts on the game and I did not force anyone to revert those changes.
Here is another quoted reply :

If you're a old player you'd know how the changes affected the gameplay, better read those replies made by other Players too. Don't try to criticise me. And i've also forgot to add a point , The Exclusivity of Vanities , Vanities are EXCLUSIVELY available only from the Plat Purchase . Which is a great income for STS as Everyone wants vanities.The Major loss is they made farm able Vanities so the plat bought vanities lost their Value and no one buys it.

Exactly what I think too. I remember the times when you were farming different elites and km3 to loot eggs and lockeds.
Now you could only farm km3 or watchers tomb for essences. Then craft energy kits and do event runs for points...
I miss where you stared at those purple eggs you and your friends dropped.

Lim Weibin
12-29-2015, 09:33 AM
Quite true especially the mythic titles and arcane eggs. For example Hammerjaw used to be a awesome pet and now boom, lame old pet...

Edward Coug
12-29-2015, 11:02 AM
I really do not want to sound like I am crying. I dont care about the gold but I think its pretty unfair that the gear is useless now.
In my opinion nekro and arcane ring prizes are normal since the prices always drop and you could just wait to buy it cheaper. The same was in Season 1 or 2 with hammerjaw when he was that expensive and if you want to buy it now you can get him way cheaper.

The tradeoff for upgrading was that it would become untradeable. This has already been debated to death in old threads.

The main reason I'm for making some gear untradeable is that it takes paras and eyes out of circulation. The fewer paras and eyes out there, the better. Eyes and paras let rich players like me have an unfair advantage over players who are just using jewels.

My point about your mythic gear being untradeable is that even if they made it tradeable it wouldn't be worth that much. And it isn't useless. You can still use it on a twink. I wouldn't be opposed to having it made into a vanity if it doesn't take much time. I just think there are far more pressing issues, like existing bugs, class balance, and new content.

Hoardseeker
12-29-2015, 11:34 AM
The tradeoff for upgrading was that it would become untradeable. This has already been debated to death in old threads.

The main reason I'm for making some gear untradeable is that it takes paras and eyes out of circulation. The fewer paras and eyes out there, the better. Eyes and paras let rich players like me have an unfair advantage over players who are just using jewels.

My point about your mythic gear being untradeable is that even if they made it tradeable it wouldn't be worth that much. And it isn't useless. You can still use it on a twink. I wouldn't be opposed to having it made into a vanity if it doesn't take much time. I just think there are far more pressing issues, like existing bugs, class balance, and new content.

We ain't asking it to be tradeable .Converting it into Vanity never affects economy through Para or eye so it's OK. Well I'm pretty sure Converting it into Vanity is thousand times easier than your pressing issues .

Juicymango
12-29-2015, 11:53 AM

I gree in your first point. I think it's better the lesser "overpowered" items are in the game the better. Now even mythic is almost as common as legendary gear.
Actually it should be like in the season the mythic helmet came out. Only the very best players were able to get it.

Edward Coug
12-29-2015, 12:02 PM
We ain't asking it to be tradeable .Converting it into Vanity never affects economy through Para or eye so it's OK. Well I'm pretty sure Converting it into Vanity is thousand times easier than your pressing issues .

It might not be as simple as you think. You have to create the option of making it into a vanity. Not simply changing all the sets into vanities. Would it be much simpler than fixing bugs? Probably. Should it be a higher priority? Absolutely not. I would rather have those problems addressed rather than revisiting an old set of gear that is from several caps ago and should never have been upgraded in the first place.

Some players are happy with cosmetic fixes. Others want the game to work. The glintstone trap stuns still don't work. Trap bleed stacking stopped working at some point. Some shadow storm shot upgrades have never worked. Glintstone aegis proc was accidentally nerfed and hasn't been restored. And the list goes on. These are game breaking issues.

Dyuswaa
12-29-2015, 12:08 PM
I agree on what you've said hoard. This game is a little boring. The event planning must be more creative the only best part of the event for me is getting in in the leaderboards but only a few would get that banner because one must have a budget of 10-15m to get a safe place in lb. so for the devs pls design an event that we could all enjoy and hoping the increase droprate of jewels :)

Edward Coug
12-29-2015, 12:08 PM
I gree in your first point. I think it's better the lesser "overpowered" items are in the game the better. Now even mythic is almost as common as legendary gear.
Actually it should be like in the season the mythic helmet came out. Only the very best players were able to get it.

I actually like a level playing field. I want everything to be farmable. I don't like locks, which are the root cause of the surplus of high end gear/eggs, but they aren't going anywhere.

Hoardseeker
12-30-2015, 01:01 AM
I actually like a level playing field. I want everything to be farmable. I don't like locks, which are the root cause of the surplus of high end gear/eggs, but they aren't going anywhere.

Locks are only reason people buy plat.

Avshow
12-30-2015, 01:49 AM
in fact, there is another reason that ppl using plat besides opening locks...............transfer plat to gold directly!!!

I know u may not believe , but that is the fact

Burstnuke
12-30-2015, 03:35 AM

Spent about 200$ on the game when I first getting into it, and I actually lost gold instead of gaining some. Ridiculous, and is why I left the instant that happened. You should be getting guranteed stuff, not these garbage crates that offer nothing but luck.

Burstnuke
12-30-2015, 03:37 AM
in fact, there is another reason that ppl using plat besides opening locks...............transfer plat to gold directly!!!

The plat transfer to gold is not even close to being worth at all.

Edward Coug
12-30-2015, 05:31 PM

I know. I'm the one who sells the locks to them. :)

Ebezaanec
12-30-2015, 06:31 PM

The plat transfer to gold is not even close to being worth at all.

Why would anyone actually directly convert plat to gold when they can buy tons of ankh/luck kits with plat and sell them for gold?

tomsawer
12-31-2015, 01:11 AM
Imo this winter event is good except for one major problem. If your a low level player trying to reach plat it is extremely hard. I personally have 2 lvl 46 1 lvl 44 -1L 22-1-L 19
When I enter with my 2 low level toons it takes twice as long, plus over half the time 1 always leaves.
Before anyone post I don't have a problem blah... blah... This is just my opinion and from many I have spoken to.
S.t.s awesome event love it ,however in the future scale it down a little for the beginners and low lvl players just a little :)

PortalofAwesome
12-31-2015, 10:09 AM
This is true, but it mainly depends on how you play the game, as a merchant, a pvp player, an adventurer, a socializer (want to have friends ingame)

Kershy
12-31-2015, 03:05 PM
What i hate the most about these game is that designers dont have new ideas.. They just recolor the same stuff tons of times and change stats (on pets). Thats what annoys me the most..

Kershals :p

Hoardseeker
01-01-2016, 08:40 AM
Imo this winter event is good except for one major problem. If your a low level player trying to reach plat it is extremely hard. I personally have 2 lvl 46 1 lvl 44 -1L 22-1-L 19
When I enter with my 2 low level toons it takes twice as long, plus over half the time 1 always leaves.
Before anyone post I don't have a problem blah... blah... This is just my opinion and from many I have spoken to.
S.t.s awesome event love it ,however in the future scale it down a little for the beginners and low lvl players just a little :)

I've already reported it, but no fix.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?283669-Xmas-Event-Bugs-and-Suggestions

The next day they buffed the second boss.

faithpece
01-05-2016, 03:19 AM
Finally the boredom is over !!! :))

Silentstand
01-05-2016, 11:12 AM
the game needs more map diversity especially at endgame in terms of money making.

Jazzi
01-05-2016, 12:33 PM
The game needs new loot and new maps to farm in really badly. Those maps should be playable by those without op gear/pets as well, unlike planar tombs and elite Rengol, which are extremely hard for the legendary player. What we have now is:
1. Same 3 maps as 1 year ago: planar tomb 2, planar arena and elite tindirin wilds. The difference is that except the planar frags, drakhin teeth and vial everything else is totally worthless. So one farms only for those and nothing else.
2. The elite rengol maps, of which people mostly farm only the first one and never ever kill any bosses, as they drop only worthless/useless items. Only good thing are the fangs.
3. Jewels have kept a very high price over the last 6 months and gems are practically on par with them. A new player has no real means to obtain even +4 jewels (especially if rogue) without dumping a considerable sum of real life currency or farm locked forever.

P.S. admittedly once one is maxed making more gold is not that hard. The start for the new players is very hard and the old players can't bear farming same maps literally for years. Heck even the crappy epic items in planar tombs and elite tin are still lvl 41. Yet those maps were "padded out" without adding new loot to them and contrary to the community's feedback.

Energizeric
01-05-2016, 09:59 PM
The game needs new loot and new maps to farm in really badly. Those maps should be playable by those without op gear/pets as well

What you say right here is impossible to create. If you make maps with "farmable gear" (i.e. items that can be farmed and sold for good amounts of gold) and you make those maps playable by those with legendary gear, then those with OP gear will farm them to death so easily that the items will become common and worth almost nothing.

Unless STS were to add new maps like this every couple of weeks, this strategy would not work.

The only possibility to make something like this work is to do what they did in Pocket Legends back in 2012 with the Dragon Vanity Sets. They make the maps not so difficult, but the drop rate was almost nonexistent, so that you could run the maps hours per day for a month and never even witness a dragon item drop. But because of that those dragon items were worth 10m+ per item and it kept people farming there in the hope that one day they would get lucky.

However, once they increased the drop rate in a matter of weeks the prices dropped to almost nothing and everyone lost interest. Also, whatever rare items there are like this can never be available in locked crates, or else that too will ruin the rarity.

The problem with doing this is that it generates no revenue for STS. Tons of people were playing Pocket Legends and farming the dungeons in Mount Fang for dragon items, but they weren't spending any money in the game doing so. So ultimately what made the players happy was unsustainable for STS as a business model.