PDA

View Full Version : founder helm

cherryking
06-12-2011, 11:04 AM
How come they have advantaged in low level pvp 5 armor 5 damage extra not fair to us who didn't start early

Whirlzap
06-12-2011, 11:06 AM
They give extra armor, 10 i think and have no level limit.

Lesrider
06-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Because it's the only vanity with a total of 10 bonus stats.

Whirlzap
06-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Kind of unfair because all you did was join earlier...;/ the shield of gratitude should give extra stats, because we actually put real money($10) into it

cherryking
06-12-2011, 11:10 AM
How can we get one

cherryking
06-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Agree they the king of pvp and we just noob

Lesrider
06-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Can get one. They were a one-time thing for those who joined the first two months the game was out.
Personally, I'm surprised there wasn't more of an uprising about it, but I don't care enough to start it.

Diodge
06-12-2011, 12:20 PM
I will never never pvp in this game because of this vanity helm. Its so unfair its sick.
. . I would like you to come and play pvp on our new forum system where others have better gear then you. Yes, There gear is better because you can never get this vanity helm with stats. ((twink pvp is a joke))

I play pvp almost everyday in WOW. Its is one part of the game that keeps me playing. I love the action and speed of pvp. They try and keep it fair and gear balanced.

In pocket legends the pvp players could have gear on you could never get. This is called unbalanced pvp.

Zeus
06-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Yep, while a founder's helm is fine, to recognized people who have been there since the beginning, unobtainable items that give bonus stats ARE NOT. They removed the PL shield and Community shield stats for similar reasons, which I had no problem with, but then put up the founder's helm, which aggravated me. I don't want to proceed too much on this topic as it really infuriates me due to the illogical moves done.

Phoenixking
06-12-2011, 12:35 PM
I understand the 56 helm since they need something to have a little edge founder helm, gratitude sheild, pl sheild, guardian sheild, community sheild, antennas, buttons, droid suits, and other contest vanity should not have stats either those are the ones

thugimmortal
06-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Can get one. They were a one-time thing for those who joined the first two months the game was out.
Personally, I'm surprised there wasn't more of an uprising about it, but I don't care enough to start it.

there was a bit of an uprising when the helm was announced and the devs came up with the veteran reward system that rewarded players that had there account for 6 months.
But nothing more has been said about it since.

cherryking
06-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Agree pl need to sell a vanity helm to balance this

Lesrider
06-12-2011, 12:48 PM
there was a bit of an uprising when the helm was announced and the devs came up with the veteran reward system that rewarded players that had there account for 6 months.
But nothing more has been said about it since.

Surprisingly enough, though, the uprising was when people thought it was a stat-free vanity helm. But people were (and still are) surprisingly quiet about it having stats. Maybe it's because not everyone knows it has those stats? I dunno.

Kingofhurtz
06-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Don't assume just because someone has this helm, theyre automatically amazing at pvp. I was horrible at pvp before and still am. There are plenty of people who can still beat me. Coming from the opposite direction, I also see how it can be considered unfair with 5 armor and 5 damage(which may I remind you also boosts DPS)

thugimmortal
06-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Surprisingly enough, though, the uprising was when people thought it was a stat-free vanity helm. But people were (and still are) surprisingly quiet about it having stats. Maybe it's because not everyone knows it has those stats? I dunno.

Its easily solved when the veteran awards do get sorted just give what ever item the same stats.
i know not everyone would get one right away but would get one eventually.

Protank
06-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Don't assume just because someone has this helm, theyre automatically amazing at pvp. I was horrible at pvp before and still am. There are plenty of people who can still beat me. Coming from the opposite direction, I also see how it can be considered unfair with 5 armor and 5 damage(which may I remind you also boosts DPS)

I was so going to say something like this.
I kill all the same people with the helm on or off & and I die with the same people helm on or off.

a very slight advantage yes,

makes u good at pvp no.

Bgandyful
06-12-2011, 02:19 PM
I've gotten confirmation that the veterans reward system is still in the works from facebook.....

Diodge
06-12-2011, 02:31 PM
a very slight advantage yes,
In pvp thats all thats needed to keep people away.

In the end. I dont care how you look at it. It is still unbalanced. It is something that helps you have better then the next guy before the fight starts.

Jjesus86
06-12-2011, 02:35 PM
I agree with everything you all are saying. But. Please don't start an uproar over this I love my founders helm and do not want it nerfed.

This is a good idea. Sell a v helm for plat with the same stats so all the "newbs"( that was a joke. No flames please ) can have the same advantage.

Lesrider
06-12-2011, 02:51 PM
I agree with everything you all are saying. But. Please don't start an uproar over this I love my founders helm and do not want it nerfed.

This is a good idea. Sell a v helm for plat with the same stats so all the "newbs"( that was a joke. No flames please ) can have the same advantage.

See, that's part of the problem. The people who got the helm don't even see it as being unfair.

Bgandyful
06-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Another 2cents.....I being an Android user think it wont be fair to the concept of "founders"helm if VRS will allot one once accounts get to 6months..I think they should alot somethimg similar but not founders helm...maybe green gems.

vulgarstrike
06-12-2011, 03:37 PM
I totally don't have a problem with founders helms.
I don't even have one, but it's totally chill to me that the developers reward those who have been committed and supporting of this game for over a year.
Lighten up guys.

Otukura
06-12-2011, 03:43 PM
They give extra armor, 10 i think and have no level limit.

No, it's 5 Damage and 5 Armor.

Aculeas
06-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Founders helm rocks. We deserve it as without us this game would have been bombed and non existant as we speak.

(Fyi I. Have NEVER. Used my helm in PVP)

Protank
06-12-2011, 05:18 PM
I totally don't have a problem with founders helms.
I don't even have one, but it's totally chill to me that the developers reward those who have been committed and supporting of this game for over a year.
Lighten up guys.

well said man:cool: :banana:

Lesrider
06-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Founders helm rocks. We deserve it as without us this game would have been bombed and non existant as we speak.

Lol yep there's that entitled attitude again.

Kingofhurtz
06-12-2011, 05:36 PM
See, that's part of the problem. The people who got the helm don't even see it as being unfair.

Well it's obviously unfair but IMO not enough to make a large difference. Would everyone be happy if the helm was not allowed or the stats ineffective in pvp?

Artemis
06-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Kinda sucks in my case. I missed the founders cut off by like 9 days.

Sun
06-12-2011, 05:50 PM
I have a founder's helm, and I do think it's overpowered. It's especially hypocritical that they released it around the same time they took the stats off the vanity shields. A lot of people complain that having a founder's helm is a huge advantage that lets anyone dominate pvp, especially low levels, but there I disagree. I beat everyone my level without it, the helm just increases the gap

Slush
06-13-2011, 12:18 AM
We're the people who got this game to where it is at today, and if you think a 5 armour bonus in pvp is unfair it's about time you got some skill and quit complaining.

Slush
06-13-2011, 12:20 AM

Wtf, hell no!
(sorry for double post)

Splurd
06-13-2011, 12:28 AM
Kind of unfair because all you did was join earlier...;/ the shield of gratitude should give extra stats, because we actually put real money($10) into it

One can argue that the original players did contribute a lot to the success of the game. Things like bug finding / reporting, contributing guides, giving suggestions, etc. A game without the support of its players wont improve much. And a MMORPG with no population, is not much of a mmo.

Slush
06-13-2011, 01:20 AM

All we did was join earlier? Like I said before, if it wasn't for us this game wouldn't be where it is now. And you said because we actually put real money into it. So we didn't put real money into it also? I'll have you know that most of us founders paid plat for the campaigns (20 for AO3 when it was just released).

KingFu
06-13-2011, 01:27 AM
Meh...people who got founders helms were here from the start and had to put up with a laggy, bug filled, practically beta-like PL. Most others walked into the game it is now, or a similar one. "We" kinda helped PL build up and get started. It's a reward, and a special, rare one at that.

Edit:

All we did was join earlier? Like I said before, if it wasn't for us this game wouldn't be where it is now. And you said because we actually put real money into it. So we didn't put real money into it also? I'll have you know that most of us founders paid plat for the campaigns (20 for AO3 when it was just released).

Or before play existed. Weren't campaigns like 3.99? Or 4.99? Maybe they were more. I know kraze remembers the prices. Items from the store was like 2.99 a pop. Prices were very expensive. I'm not gonna sit here and say that they don't give any advantage, but honestly, it doesn't effect much. I'll PvP with or without my founders helm, it's a town item ATM, looks lame on my mage and bird, I use it on my mule, but none of the twinks. I dont need it. As said before, people kill me with or without it on, and vice versa. You can't ever please everyone, the helm was given to players who have been dedicated to the game for over a year and counting. Honestly, they can take away the stats, or leave em, but at least make it look cooler to give it more exclusiveness. Look at the PL shield, before it had 20 armor, no one complained. It was debuted in may(?) of last year, Haroldiv and Sandcrabkilla won the first ones. Level 19 twinking came around and Harold used it. The shield had 17 armor and 20 Health (I believe) and little or no people complained. Why? Bcause he earned it, it was the devs choice, harold owned most with ir without it. I may be biased since I have one, but honestly, I don't think it matters a whole lot. I can be a real hypocrite but I do stand by this.

Riccits
06-13-2011, 06:04 AM
without us may noone of the newer players could play this game, may all would died earlier. why so jealus about this reward?
yep mystical, i remember paying something like that...i bought the campains only step by step
and in pvp ppl can beat ppl with founders helm, u need to be tricky and u can beat everyone.

Violentsaint
06-13-2011, 06:12 AM
weres my founders helm? i joined in the first week of the games release :(

Riccits
06-13-2011, 06:27 AM

should be in ur stash

Lesrider
06-13-2011, 06:31 AM

I believe you needed to be active when they gave it out. Makes sense.

Riccits
06-13-2011, 06:34 AM
I believe you needed to be active when they gave it out. Makes sense.

yep seems so:

Today’s game update granted accounts that were created in April or May of 2010 and logged in during the last week this unique, class specific helm.

this post was made the 20.04.

Aculeas
06-13-2011, 06:48 AM
Maybe the devs can hook you up if you send them a reasonable and kindly worded E-mail.

Survivorfan
06-13-2011, 06:58 AM
We're the people who got this game to where it is at today, and if you think a 5 armour bonus in pvp is unfair it's about time you got some skill and quit complaining.

Couldn't have said it better my self. PVP is about SKILL. The first part is gear but after you get the gear, you need toi know what to do with it. Skill is more important that gear.

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
06-13-2011, 07:13 AM

Nice that's on my sig!:banana::banana::banana:

Fatpigwarrior
06-13-2011, 07:27 AM
I'd say put the 6 month in....
You made us pay plat and made campaigns free.
Only reward we get every player gets and that is why I got rid of it.
Well every one that spent $5.99
Don't you thimk that is unfair.

Violentsaint
06-13-2011, 10:23 AM
yep seems so:

this post was made the 20.04.

You serious? I just started playing again yesterday, if I missed out by a week or 2 I'll be so disappointed, I emailed support about it.. Hopefully they will give me it anyway...

Zeus
06-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Meh...people who got founders helms were here from the start and had to put up with a laggy, bug filled, practically beta-like PL. Most others walked into the game it is now, or a similar one. "We" kinda helped PL build up and get started. It's a reward, and a special, rare one at that.

Edit:

Or before play existed. Weren't campaigns like 3.99? Or 4.99? Maybe they were more. I know kraze remembers the prices. Items from the store was like 2.99 a pop. Prices were very expensive. I'm not gonna sit here and say that they don't give any advantage, but honestly, it doesn't effect much. I'll PvP with or without my founders helm, it's a town item ATM, looks lame on my mage and bird, I use it on my mule, but none of the twinks. I dont need it. As said before, people kill me with or without it on, and vice versa. You can't ever please everyone, the helm was given to players who have been dedicated to the game for over a year and counting. Honestly, they can take away the stats, or leave em, but at least make it look cooler to give it more exclusiveness. Look at the PL shield, before it had 20 armor, no one complained. It was debuted in may(?) of last year, Haroldiv and Sandcrabkilla won the first ones. Level 19 twinking came around and Harold used it. The shield had 17 armor and 20 Health (I believe) and little or no people complained. Why? Bcause he earned it, it was the devs choice, harold owned most with ir without it. I may be biased since I have one, but honestly, I don't think it matters a whole lot. I can be a real hypocrite but I do stand by this.

Like I've said many times before, I'm fine with a founder's helm. I'm not fine with them putting stats on it, when it's no longer obtainable, at least make an equivalent, so people have chances to get it. I didn't mind when they removed the stats of the PL and Community Shield, because I knew it gave me and others a HUGE advantage in twinking for lower levels. However, when they put the stat ridden Founder's Helm into play, it angered me, as they removed the PL and Community Shield stats for similar reasons. Illogical and angers many players of the community, even if they aren't Founders. Angry players= Not a pleasant playing experience. Just my opinion though, take from it what you will.

Conradin
06-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Hmmm i am completely biased as i have a helm- but i see your guy's point. At twinking 15 and below the helm makes a huge difference. I use it on my 20 and i find it doesnt actually do much more for me besides give the people i kill an excuse. The people that can beat me still beat me, etc. I agree a vanity with the same stats should be put out for those who by chance didnt start up when we did. Though, as mystic said, it wast easy. I bough. Itmes before platnium and campaigns for itunes cash. Servers were bad and fnord wasnt populated.

Lesrider
06-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Seriously? Paying to play a game when it comes out means you deserve an upper hand a year later?

Most people paid for the game and got nothing but a useless (and ugly) vanity shield. But because you guys happened to have an iDevice earlier than others means you DESERVE an advantage over others. And btw, some have ADMITTED to downloading the game in the beginning but not actually playing until much later -- but they still got the helm. So that's complete bs (and I don't mean the lvl 50-56 campaign).

Honestly, I don't pvp and I don't play much anymore altogether, so it doesn't bother me as much as it would bother ppl like Parth and others who pvp. I just think it was a bad move by STS, incredibly hypocritical and sending mixed messages.

Conradin
06-13-2011, 01:29 PM
This brings up the sour topic of plat holiday items. Isthe rose wand, pepper hammers and other items unfair as well? And les, i thjnk makig a vanity item for plat the gives the same stats fixes the whole thing.

Zeus
06-13-2011, 01:39 PM
This brings up the sour topic of plat holiday items. Isthe rose wand, pepper hammers and other items unfair as well? And les, i thjnk makig a vanity item for plat the gives the same stats fixes the whole thing.

The difference between that is, at the time, everybody was given the fair chance of obtaining one. It was your choice. This was not given a choice.

noobmigo
06-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Haha, love this Les, and Range.

You know what I think?
I think we who spent more than 150 Plat in PL before the first year should get B* First 25 Levels free...
More than make up for that ugly purple shield.

Of course, that idea is going to stir up the boiling pot.

Zeus
06-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Haha, love this Les, and Range.

You know what I think?
I think we who spent more than 150 Plat in PL before the first year should get B* First 25 Levels free...
More than make up for that ugly purple shield.

Of course, that idea is going to stir up the boiling pot.

Nah, I'm fine purchasing my campaigns. Just don't like the illogical thinking behind the founder's helm :D.

Lesrider
06-13-2011, 01:46 PM
They already said BS will be free...

Zeus
06-13-2011, 01:48 PM
They already said BS will be free...

Oh, sounds good. Although, I'd much rather prefer something to be done about the founder helm issue. Paying a few dollars for campaigns isn't really an issue.

noobmigo
06-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Wait BS is free? Oh....
Thing is, I ran out of money, and right now, I don't have a job anymore. I mow. For little money.
And it's coming out...like...soon.

Lesrider
06-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Oh, sounds good. Although, I'd much rather prefer something to be done about the founder helm issue. Paying a few dollars for campaigns isn't really an issue.

Yeah, I was merely pointing out that it'll be free for everyone, so giving it to us for free won't be a bonus :p

I just always thought this was one of those games that gives everyone an equal and fair chance to obtain the best items and reach the top. The Founder's helm was the ultimate move that proved me wrong.

noobmigo
06-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Nah, I'm fine purchasing my campaigns. Just don't like the illogical thinking behind the founder's helm :D.

Right, seriously, me too.

GOA = 10 people? Something like that.
Founders = 500+? Maybe..

Most of the Founders Helm Recipients hadn't even played in a long time anyway.
Yet they remove the GOA Stats, and leave Founder's stats the same. Bad step. And there is no equivalent to the Founder's Helm's stats. I would be fine with GOA shields giving an unbalance. You guys earned it. But for the Founder's Helm? Nah.

Kingofhurtz
06-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Right, seriously, me too.

GOA = 10 people? Something like that.
Founders = 500+? Maybe..

Most of the Founders Helm Recipients hadn't even played in a long time anyway.
Yet they remove the GOA Stats, and leave Founder's stats the same. Bad step. And there is no equivalent to the Founder's Helm's stats. I would be fine with GOA shields giving an unbalance. You guys earned it. But for the Founder's Helm? Nah.

I wouldn't disagree with the fact that the GOAs earned their shields but saying that Founders haven't...

noobmigo
06-13-2011, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't disagree with the fact that the GOAs earned their shields but saying that Founders haven't...

Got that misunderstood.
Founder's HAVE earned it, the thing is some of them hadn't even played in a super long time. What I meant.
But, they took GOA stats away. They should have taken Founder Stats away too.

Kingofhurtz
06-13-2011, 02:03 PM
Got that misunderstood.
Founder's HAVE earned it, the thing is some of them hadn't even played in a super long time. What I meant.
But, they took GOA stats away. They should have taken Founder Stats away too.

Ohhh ok yes. Agreed.

KingFu
06-13-2011, 03:59 PM
I agree with a lot of your guy's points. Honestly, can we just agree that no one could care less that the founders helm had stats if it weren't for PvP?

As for the people that downloaded the app, joined the game, left and came back and got one. I've talked to parth about that in game. Absolutely lame since they didn't help start the game, they just downloaded it, saw it was buggy (or just didn't play it) and left, and came back and power leveled their way to the cap and got the helm. The helm was rewarded to people that helped the game launch and get it started, whether it be by just spreading the word, spending tons of money on the very expensive campaign prices, or/and reporting bugs and suggesting stuff.

I don't use my helm in PvP. I've used it on twinks, and my main in PvP before, but I don't use it for anything passed town gear at the moment. I can tell ya, the helm hardly makes a difference in PvP, if any. I don't notice the tiniest difference on my mains, only place I do is on my level 10 twink who can still get wrecked easily. As said before, people who blame it on the gear are just looking for an excuse. Ive taken off my founders to PvP anyone that calls it as an excuse, and no difference. Still stomp em.

I don't know how I can word this without sounding rude, so please don't take offense, but what's the problem with it in your eyes? The "advantage" honestly isn't anything. A good PvPer is a good PvPer, gear hardly makes much of a difference. I've wrecked a Lv 22 on my Lv 20 twink with nothing but a ring and Lv 7 shiv on (not even lying) Is it just the fact they removed stats from gratitude shield and added the founders helm?

If it doesn't make much of a difference, I don't understand the huge uproar. Slight advantage? Yes. Big advantage? No. PvP is unbalanced and full of luck, just how it is.

superglut2
06-13-2011, 04:07 PM
arent android players susposed to still get it and many more iphone users? what happend to this

Arterra
06-13-2011, 04:51 PM
alright here is my outlook on all the specialty items, from holiday event items only to award items.
a) award items should be pure vanity, a symbol of what you did.
b) holiday items should be scaled properly, or nerfed to oblivion to make them as useful as a pumpkin chunker, but still as awesome to look at.

why?
a) what does the vanity item really matter? think of it in terms of what they are awarded for: legends shield for winning a contest, so you get a seal of STS recognition, the logo itself. Community shield is similar, just more of a individual look. the gratitude shield is a little confusing, considering how the ursan is so much better than what is offered for mages or avians, but it basically means you payed for the game before it got free, around the era of Balefort Sewers/ sandstone caves.
Now, the founders helm. why does it have stats at all, contrary to all other vanity items (excluding 1 armor "glitch")? the receivers argue that it is because they acted as the bug testers for the game, or the financial supporters. Ok then, not counting those that simply didnt report bugs, took advantage of them, downloaded and forgot the app, etc, give them a helmet or shield that represents that. But frankly, the added damage and armor doesnt at all do that.
Some consider it a unfair advantage in pvp combat, where there is already unrest due to unbalanced fighting. Some say it they dont notice any difference. If there is no difference, why have those stats at all? It is a vanity helm, so should be considered such. otherwise, make it a real helm like the lv56 one.
b) the lower level you get, the more powerful the holiday items are. The only explanation i can think of is that they are scaled downwards from what the cap level is at the time. a lv45 ao3 weapon is much better than a lv45 ao2 weapon. imagine if it where scaled down to lv20.
The Halloween holiday had it right. Why? because they are completely useless as actual items, and are pure vanity. why did they suddenly make the winter items so much better? they simply represent you where there. Having a whole economy based on pvp gear with supplies that will only go down is another bad factor... less and less people will even bother twinking as these items are the only way to go at it.

Conradin
06-13-2011, 05:06 PM
The difference between that is, at the time, everybody was given the fair chance of obtaining one. It was your choice. This was not given a choice.

Wrong. Everyone who joined before valentines day and xmas had a fair chance at it. Same with the founders helms.

BUT: all we need is a vanity helm that gives the same stats for everyone and then were all happy. Maybe a intricate quest or puzzel would have told e soled to get it? That way everyone that does te quest/puzzel can get it without spending plat.

Zeus
06-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Wrong. Everyone who joined before valentines day and xmas had a fair chance at it. Same with the founders helms.

BUT: all we need is a vanity helm that gives the same stats for everyone and then were all happy. Maybe a intricate quest or puzzel would have told e soled to get it? That way everyone that does te quest/puzzel can get it without spending plat.

Notice detail, Conradin. I had said, at the time. Also, it's a weapon, not a vanity. It doesn't largely overpower anything, as there are ways to beat it, and it does not stack, you have to sacrifice stats for it.

KingFu
06-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Notice detail, Conradin. I had said, at the time. Also, it's a weapon, not a vanity. It doesn't largely overpower anything, as there are ways to beat it, and it does not stack, you have to sacrifice stats for it.

Founders isn't largely overpowering either...

Zeus
06-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Founders isn't largely overpowering either...

The difference is, your not sacrificing other stats. You can just stack it on. It is overpowering, at level 10. It definitely is, 16.7% Advantage.

Sun
06-13-2011, 05:43 PM
The difference is, your not sacrificing other stats. You can just stack it on. It is overpowering, at level 10. It definitely is, 16.7% Advantage.

Remember when we did some 1v1? You killed me once or twice even with my helm on, and when you asked me to take it off nothing much changed. Though I'm not denying its an advantage, there are very, very few scenarios in which the founders helm is the difference between a win or a loss

Zeus
06-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Remember when we did some 1v1? You killed me once or twice even with my helm on, and when you asked me to take it off nothing much changed. Though I'm not denying its an advantage, there are very, very few scenarios in which the founders helm is the difference between a win or a loss

Yes, very true. But, I don't twink at that low of a level, so your experience and knowledge of twinks at that level overcomes me, which is how it should be, thus proving my point. That's how it should be, an item shouldn't help it.

Moogerfooger
06-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Keep complaining enough about "fair for all" and we will never get anything cool/bonus again. I know if I was a dev, I wouldn't bother ever trying to do anything cool/bonus/extra again because every SINGLE time they do, there is a bunch of noise from people complaining about how some angle of it isn't fair. Get over it. Life isn't fair, and it is impossible to please everyone. If this game attitude is how people are going to approach real life, then there are going to be a lot of real life failures. I don't even have a founder's helm, and if I lost to someone in PvP who did, complaining on a thread about it (and this ain't the first thread on it) would be the last thing I would do. I would just be motivated even more to try and beat someone with one, or hope I got something later that could counter it, like a veteran's help (TBD or something like that). This whole "waaaah not fair" or entitled attitude (take your pick) is pretty old by now.

KingFu
06-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Yes, very true. But, I don't twink at that low of a level, so your experience and knowledge of twinks at that level overcomes me, which is how it should be, thus proving my point. That's how it should be, an item shouldn't help it.

I know founders is exclusive, but with what you just said it's no different from plat pack items or snowball launchers. I understand you can still get them, but not everyone can afford em. People that can earned their gold to buy it, much like founders earned the helm (at least ones that didn't join and go AWOL and come back....) PvP has such an imbalance.

Also, you say there isn't a trade-off, but if you're comparing a 50K green Lv 10 launcher, to a 1M pink one, all it is, is an upgrade, and a very expensive one at that:p

Zeus
06-13-2011, 05:52 PM
I know founders is exclusive, but with what you just said it's no different from plat pack items or snowball launchers. I understand you can still get them, but not everyone can afford em. People that can earned their gold to buy it, much like founders earned the helm (at least ones that didn't join and go AWOL and come back....) PvP has such an imbalance.

Also, you say there isn't a trade-off, but if you're comparing a 50K green Lv 10 launcher, to a 1M pink one, all it is, is an upgrade, and a very expensive one at that:p

Meh. I'm done arguing about this :D. Oh well.

Jespo
06-13-2011, 06:05 PM
I missed it by a few days...

Lesrider
06-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Video games aren't supposed to be like real life or teach you lessons in fairness. They're escapes from reality.
Otherwise, why not let everyone get away with their disgusting behavior, scams, bullying, etc so people can learn to toughen up from it?

Gluttony
06-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Well I guess it was just a matter of time before people wanted a nerf of this item too. If the only issue is pvp, why not just not allow them in pvp? I've read about twink tourneys that state the Founders' Helm isn't allowed. Anytime the devs do something nice for the players, one group or another is bothered and it's getting quite old. After a while there will be no events (someone seriously complained about the winter items), and no veteran's awards as previously stated. Why does everything on here turn into a have- vs have-not; is that really what the forums is about?!

I would hope that people see that these threads are how the Shield of Gratitude became wortless as well. I didn't mind the stat removal, but it was annoying to know that enough people were bothered by it's implementation that the devs finally decided to make it available to anyone who purchased at least 30 plat, when the previous requirements were to have purchased the main spine. The devs are trying too hard to please everyone when all that happens is someone finds another angle to get upset about.

Arterra
06-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Meh. I'm done arguing about this :D. Oh well.

someone seriously complained about the winter items

Yep thats me, now holding the flag of Justice lol.

I am not happy with the founders helm, simply because it should simply be valued over being exclusive, and not about the possible stats people could be missing. it is an emblem of an achievement, not a powerup, by definition. I dont even pvp, so I'm arguing about it purely on the function.

BUT

My main concern is the overpowering of the winter items. frankly, they are supposed to look nice and be fun to show off in town and collect if you missed it. but now, due to being scaled wrong (still guessing, but educatedly), they are pure pvp items. that would be fine, if it weren't for the fact that they overshadow the original items. You no longer are able to farm the necessary gear to advance in early pvp, but you must buy it for increasing prices (lowering supply) to get anywhere.

lets be honest, why did nobody even mention my post the first time round? the fact is these items are not what they should be, by definition. i might as well copy paste this info.

Fatpigwarrior
06-13-2011, 06:38 PM
And also the six month thing...
Did they ever give us veterans one?
NO

Arterra
06-13-2011, 07:11 PM
meh, "in the works" is probably their talk on the veteran rewards. I say when the android anniversary rolls around we will hear on it.

Diodge
06-13-2011, 07:17 PM
The new pvp forum thing brought my hate back to this helm. Im a serious pvp lover if its fair. The unbalace of classes are what alts are for.

I would like to know what
5armor = (((-5 damage)))
+5damage= ((( +5dps )))... ?? Sorry, I never looked into pvp and stats much because of the cooldown thing before.

I know WoW and PL are two different games. It is still pvp.

I was watching BlizzCon PvP/G4. I watched the pvp matches very close. I watched the 15-16 team match. The match was won by one guy standing with 3hp. (I could only guess how it would of went if wow offered something like this and the team that won had the helm on. Im sorry but I would nerd rage freeek out.)

I have over 200,000 pvp kills on my new WoW alt. I can tell you thousands of great stories of living and dieing in the arena with super low hp.

.................................................. .............
I would like to see something added we can buy that has the same bonus. If they remove the bonus that is fine.
.................................................. .............
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
.................................................. .......
If you can go to the CS and buy the item or plat store and get a item. You can still farm to get it.
((((((((((((We cant farm or buy plat to get the bonus stats the helm gives)))))))))))))

I think the helm was a sweet idea. The added bonus im not sure about. In pve, who cares it helps everyone. In pvp, it gives you a bonus no one can get(advantage).

Moogerfooger
06-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Video games aren't supposed to be like real life or teach you lessons in fairness. They're escapes from reality.
Otherwise, why not let everyone get away with their disgusting behavior, scams, bullying, etc so people can learn to toughen up from it?

Because that is a violation of STS' ToS. Complaining about how everything should be fair for everyone at all times is not. Apples to oranges. If all the complainers got their way, STS would stand for SocialistTime Studios because everyone would get the same thing so no one's widdle feelings got hurt or no one felt left out, because yeah a new player should get all the exact same gear as someone who has put a lot of time into the game, just for the sake of "fair". Blah.

Darkchylde
06-13-2011, 08:03 PM
I got a founders helm I Startd when it came out n april 2010 I never played pvp not once an i hav been done with PL for months other than to say hi to old friends an such I like the old PL better than the new PL things were so much simpler At first when it came out I think it sucks donkeys now I got a new gal now named order and chaos online an then I'm waitin to see what Blackstar gonna b like far as PL I dont like what has become of it too kiddie to commercial an too droidy too many sell outs too many tattle tales an way too many kiss asse's etc etc

Arterra
06-13-2011, 08:09 PM
NO... FULL STOPS..... ftw!

Violentsaint
06-13-2011, 08:23 PM
lol... all this complaining over a virtual helmet...

i used to use my pl shield on my pvp twink back when it had 17 armor and i still got my but kicked... just goes to prove pvp is about skill not gear.

also if your looking at a game with fair pvp... you chose the wrong game... XD

someone thats been playing the game since april-may last year is gonna kick your butt at pvp regardless if their wearing the helm or not, just sayin...

noobs be hatin yo'

-VS

Arterra
06-13-2011, 08:29 PM
again: i dont make my argument on the basis of pvp. i only have done pvp to get rid of those ugly zeroes. once i find a nice and easy game, imma go ahead and make it a smooth 500/500 lol
if these helmets dont even affect the game as much, why put stats at all? it just doesnt make sense in general.

Lesrider
06-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Moog, no one said you shouldn't have to put work into the game to succeed. It's the exact opposite. The problem is when something is made available only a select few that gives an advantage/stats that no one else can get. That has nothing to do with working for it.

noobmigo
06-13-2011, 08:38 PM

i used to use my pl shield on my pvp twink back when it had 17 armor and i still got my but kicked... just goes to prove pvp is about skill not gear.

someone thats been playing the game since april-may last year is gonna kick your butt at pvp regardless if their wearing the helm or not, just sayin...

noobs be hatin yo'

-VS

Welcome back.
You are TOTALLY WRONG about that...

KingFu
06-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Welcome back.

Agreed, just because someone has been playing longer doesnt mean they know every little thing about the game, and the other person hardly knows a thing.

Otukura
06-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Welcome back.

Agreed.

Anyway, if the founders gave +5% damage and +5% armor, I think it wouldn't be as imbalanced in low end PvP, and would have a slightly better boost in the end game.

KingFu
06-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Agreed.

Anyway, if the founders gave +5% damage and +5% armor, I think it wouldn't be as imbalanced in low end PvP, and would have a slightly better boost in the end game.

Damage and armor counts aren't percentages. Are they?:rolleyes:

Otukura
06-13-2011, 08:44 PM

No, but if they were made that way..

EDIT: if the boosts* were made that way

EDIT EDIT: if the boosts for the founder's helm only* were made that way

One last edit: spelling

Arterra
06-13-2011, 08:44 PM

"if"

Lesrider
06-13-2011, 08:47 PM
I love how quiet the devs are about all this.
And then one day, BOOM! something will change out of the blue.

Or not.

Who knows?

Violentsaint
06-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Agreed, just because someone has been playing longer doesnt mean they know every little thing about the game, and the other person hardly knows a thing.

hmmm...i guess... ive been playing since release and im sure if i jumped in pvp just about anyone could beat me... but pvp has never really been my thing.....

i dont want the helmet for the stat bonus, i want it for what it represents, and im rather peeved i didnt get one >_>

ive contacted assommers, samhayne and justg, and ive emailed support... guess the devs arnt as helpfull and responsive as they used to be, but who can blame them, there probly geting spammed with so many complaints.

noobmigo
06-13-2011, 08:49 PM
I love how quiet the devs are about all this.
And then one day, BOOM! something will change out of the blue.

Or not.

Who knows?

They know it's here.
They are going to change it. I'm hoping. lol.

Arterra
06-13-2011, 08:51 PM
i dont want the helmet for the stat bonus, i want it for what it represents, and im rather peeved i didnt get one >_>

THIS ^^^^ is what it should represent, not some stat bonus for low level twinking.

you get bananas.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

KingFu
06-13-2011, 08:53 PM
hmmm...i guess... ive been playing since release and im sure if i jumped in pvp just about anyone could beat me... but pvp has never really been my thing.....

ive contacted assommers, samhayne and justg, and ive emailed support... guess the devs arnt as helpfull and responsive as they used to be, but who can blame them, there probly geting spammed with so many complaints.

Well, one of the requirements was to be active at the time...

noobmigo
06-13-2011, 08:57 PM
THIS ^^^^ is what it should represent, not some stat bonus for low level twinking.

you get bananas.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

YES! Finally! Can't believe I missed that part of the post. :/

Arterra
06-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Well, one of the requirements was to be active at the time...

which brings another thing to mind... he technically was there at the required time, bought all the maps too I'll bet. He was not active though during the giving ceremony, so is exempt. people got the helm even though they did not in fact play as much as he did (or at all) but picked up the game later.
meh

Samhayne
06-13-2011, 08:58 PM

noobs be hatin yo'

-VS

Yeah, what's with all the furor over the helmet? Old news is old news...

noobmigo
06-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Yeah, what's with all the furor over the helmet? Old news is old news...

O.o

Old news is that we've been talking about this for the past 2 months, and this is all our explanation?
What does furor mean lol?

Otukura
06-13-2011, 09:00 PM
O.o

Old news is that we've been talking about this for the past 2 months, and this is all our explanation?
What does furor mean lol?

An outbreak of public anger or excitement.

I think.

Arterra
06-13-2011, 09:00 PM
i feel like you chose the wrong post to quote Sam... that is a elitist viewpoint that ends with a slightly flamish remark that doesnt answer or conclude anything.

and hey, if we dont bring it up, who will?

noobmigo
06-13-2011, 09:01 PM
An outbreak of public anger or excitement.

I think.

Thanks. This will be good for my brain.

EDIT:
i feel like you chose the wrong post to quote Sam... that is a elitist viewpoint that ends with a slightly flamish remark that doesnt answer or conclude anything.

and hey, if we dont bring it up, who will?

NOBODY!
Three Cheers! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!
Heh, that felt REALLY weird.

Arterra
06-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks. This will be good for my brain.

too much PL isnt, for one thing xD

Otukura
06-13-2011, 09:05 PM

Actually, it can be good for certain people's self esteem. Especially when people start hitting on you in game.

noobmigo
06-13-2011, 09:05 PM

Lol, for sure. Haven't been on in a long time though...
But I remember my grades dropping slightly, like 1% after I got obsessed. xD

@ Otukura - You kidding.

Otukura
06-13-2011, 09:07 PM
No, I'm not.

'certain'

Arterra
06-13-2011, 09:07 PM
@ Otukura - You kidding.

.... we wish

noobmigo
06-13-2011, 09:08 PM
.... we wish

OH man.
The age of the FH Mage Prosti-- Err.. Pro STITCHERS...Dawns again..

EDIT: Back to Topic.
How did Founder's Helm get me into this?

Violentsaint
06-13-2011, 09:09 PM
hmmm i still think its unfair that someone that made a pocket legends account when the game first came out and then stopped playing strait away due to buggyness or whatever reason can still get the founders helm if they happened to be logged in when they handed out the helm.

im sure i contributed alot more the pocket legends than some people that managed to score one.. but whatever.... noobs would probly start trollin the forums if the devs gave me one, saying "but he wasnt online when they were handed out so he shouldnt get one!!!!!"

noobmigo
06-13-2011, 09:11 PM
hmmm i still think its unfair that someone that made a pocket legends account when the game first came out and then stopped playing strait away due to buggyness or whatever reason can still get the founders helm if they happened to be logged in when they handed out the helm.

im sure i contributed alot more the pocket legends than some people that managed to score one.. but whatever.... noobs would probly start trollin the forums if the devs gave me one, saying "but he wasnt online when they were handed out so he shouldnt get one!!!!!"

I would certainly support you if they did decide to give you a Helm. But OFC, you didn't meet the Helm Reqs, by one.

Arterra
06-13-2011, 09:11 PM
OH man.
The age of the FH Mage Prosti-- Err.. Pro STITCHERS...Dawns again..

EDIT: Back to Topic.
How did Founder's Helm get me into this?

there is a new age? never thought the first one ended...

noobmigo
06-13-2011, 09:13 PM

Really? I remember it stopped for a month or two..

Otukura
06-13-2011, 09:13 PM

There was actually a brief break when sewers came out, people needed to level their mains.

EDIT:
Really? I remember it stopped for a month or two..
Exactly!

Lesrider
06-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Seriously, Sam? That's your response?

-_-'

noobmigo
06-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Back to Topic!
I think the only solution that would be fair is to give the PL/GoA Shields the same stats as the Founder's Helm, and lower the Founder's Helm stats using a percentage bonus system, like Otukura said, or just plain lower the stats.

EDIT: PLUS percentage would make it better. As a lower level you get a lower bonus, but as you get higher, you get a bonus to the bonus appropriate to your level.

Seriously, Sam? That's your response?

-_-'

My thoughts...exactly.

EDIT: And Otukura, trying hard to hold you off. You're almost past me in posts, I was, like +30 on you earlier this morning. Ah no! :p

Samhayne
06-13-2011, 09:22 PM
The helm has been this way since it came out. I'm just not sure why this is the hot topic of the night.

Otukura
06-13-2011, 09:22 PM
EDIT: PLUS percentage would make it better. As a lower level you get a lower bonus, but as you get higher, you get a bonus to the bonus appropriate to your level.
Yes yes yes. If we ever do a whole class re-balance, I want rage's and BOM's damage is be scaled!!!

EDIT: And Otukura, trying hard to hold you off. You're almost past me in posts, I was, like +30 on you earlier this morning. Ah no! :p

:s

I haven't looked at my posts since they were 1600. I guess they shot up during summer. Have I been posting more in the past ~9 days?

Violentsaint
06-13-2011, 09:24 PM
i just checked my stash, i have a founders helm now.. one of the devs must have just put it in there for me, it wasnt in my stash last night.

if it was you sam. thanks :)

noobmigo
06-13-2011, 09:24 PM
The helm has been this way since it came out. I'm just not sure why this is the hot topic of the past couple weeks Fixed.

We've been complaining about this for a longer time than just tonight. It's just the spark hit the fuse recently.

Otukura
06-13-2011, 09:25 PM
The helm has been this way since it came out. I'm just not sure why this is the hot topic of the night.
I think a lot of the people decided to see how it went with the bonuses, but after seeing it, they've seen how it changes the game.

i just checked my stash.. one of the devs must have just put it in there for me, it wasnt in my stash last night.

Let the flames begin! Nah, have fun with it!

Samhayne
06-13-2011, 09:30 PM
i just checked my stash, i have a founders helm now.. one of the devs must have just put it in there for me, it wasnt in my stash last night.

I don't see anything in your account where an item was granted and it certainly was not me. I know well better than to play favorites, otherwise we'd have to give the helm out to anyone who asked for it - and that's not going to happen.

I'd wager it was there all along and you just missed it with all the other stuff you have pack ratted in there.

Moogerfooger
06-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Moog, no one said you shouldn't have to put work into the game to succeed. It's the exact opposite. The problem is when something is made available only a select few that gives an advantage/stats that no one else can get. That has nothing to do with working for it.

Oh please, Les. I could say they did "work" for it by laying the groundwork for those of who came later by bug reporting, testing, etc. There is no problem in my mind, but there is in yours. I don't see it as a 'problem' at all. I would just work harder to beat those people and DO something to offset their earned reward, instead of constantly bringing up that it has an "unfair" advantage that no one else could get, excuse me as I bust out my box of fluffy Kleenex :p. They are a select few for a reason and I respect they were around before me. Again, this is not SocialistTime Studios where everyone gets everything no matter what so no one's widdle feelings get hurt or they don't have some imaginary pixels or some HIGHLY OVERRATED stat boost....it is about skill, not the gear. Ask Phys (if he were around). Dude is better than 99% if not 100% of all archers and he used oranges. Gear does not make the player, but skill.

Nightarcher
06-13-2011, 10:08 PM
I haven't read the whole thread and I won't. Since I was awarded a Founder's Helm, I've been strongly on the pro-helm side. And do you know why? No, not because I have one.

I agree with the Developers' decision to make the helm very selective and have a slight advantage, because otherwise it's nothing special.

When people say "it's not fair," you have no logical argument. The Devs set a requirement to be obtain the item in a game they made, so the only "unfair" thing would be giving it to someone who did not meet said requirement.

Lesrider
06-13-2011, 10:39 PM

It's been discussed several times in the past. Usually ends with those of us questioning the devs' decision being called babies and whiners. We don't get any input from any devs, so the discussion dies down. Until someone new discovers the helm in-game and asks the same question and it starts all over again.

So yeah, looks like this will end the same way. But it will always be brought up again until something is done to balance it out. Someone new will always come to the forum to find out about this imbalance with the helm.

Nightarcher
06-13-2011, 10:47 PM
It's been discusses several times in the past. Usually ends with those of us questioning the devs' decision being called babies and whiners. Until someone new discovers the helm in-game and asks the same question and it starts all over again.

So yeah, looks like this will end the same way. But it will always be brought up again until something is done to balance it out. Someone new will always come to the forum to find out about this imbalance with the helm.

Actually this is a pretty accurate description of almost every Founder's Helm thread.

But I would suggest one change: to those who believe there is an imbalance, try not to think of this as an opportunity to oppose a bad decision you think the Devs made. Think of it as an opportunity to concoct some other accomplishment the Devs could reward with a vanity helm having some regen or something.

Chances are, they are a lot more receptive to suggestions involving new additions, as opposed to taking away what they've added.

Violentsaint
06-13-2011, 11:31 PM
I don't see anything in your account where an item was granted and it certainly was not me. I know well better than to play favorites, otherwise we'd have to give the helm out to anyone who asked for it - and that's not going to happen.

I'd wager it was there all along and you just missed it with all the other stuff you have pack ratted in there.

hmmm.. interesting... im almost 100% sure it wasnt there last night. i checked multible times :/ (then again i have like 170 items in my stash)

owell, i have it now.. problem solved :)

also i think the whole arguement is based around the fact that a vanity item should be just that....a vanity item..

vanity items are ment to be purely for cosmetic reasons and shouldnt include stat bonuses.. i believe thats the core arguement, i could be mistaken tho.

Gluttony
06-13-2011, 11:52 PM
also i think the whole arguement is based around the fact that a vanity item should be just that....a vanity item..

vanity items are ment to be purely for cosmetic reasons and shouldnt include stat bonuses.. i believe thats the core arguement, i could be mistaken tho.

I don't think that's it at all, if it were a vanity items that everyone had access to (or something equivalent to +5 damage, +5 Armor) then we wouldn't be having this conversation at all. It boils down to some are upset that this addition causes player vs player to be "unbalanced" because one player with helm has an advantage over another without. This fundamental difference was even rolled over into the winter items that only players who were around during the winter event had access to, and players cannot get now (unless it's via cs) and there are a limited supply of these items to go around. While we're at it can I rage about the fact that people have the Big Luck vanity which adds a luck elixir I cannot get it now? *rage*

Bottom line, the devs should never try to add any items that add stats (or any other "exclusive" content) to the game unless everyone can get them at any time they choose; only cosmetic items can now be implemented in order to quit the masses from crying themselves to sleep every night.

Zeus
06-13-2011, 11:57 PM
Today’s game update granted accounts that were created in April or May of 2010 and logged in during the last week this unique, class specific helm.

Puzzled as to why Violentsaint got it? He stated he was inactive during this time period. Clarification would be appreciated.

Kingofhurtz
06-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Puzzled as to why Violentsaint got it? He stated he was inactive during this time period. Clarification would be appreciated.

Well I'm not sure it's like he wasn't ever going to get one if he wasn't active during that week. It's just a matter of WHEN he got one. It would be completely wrong to exclude someone from getting a helm because for example they went on vacation for a week(I realize that isn't the case here) and then came back and were denied a helm. They after all do fit the requirements for the helm... I really think I remember Sam saying something about anyone who did not log in that week would get theirs eventually through Veteran Rewards. I may be wrong though. I'll have to dig up that thread.

jaggedlilpill
06-14-2011, 12:33 AM
For those who say it doesn't give any advantage, try pvping at lvl 10 or under...yeah 5 is a lot. Why have pvp if you're going to make gear that isn't obtainable to those who just joined? You will discourage new customers. And what about the droid users? It wasn't avail to them? You guys were gonna give it to us, then the apple fans whined so you put a stop to that, and now they are complaining bc everyone else is complaining? A vanity is a vanity. Either make all vanities have the same stats or take all stats off. Simplest thing to do.

WhoIsThis
06-14-2011, 12:56 AM
For those who say it doesn't give any advantage, try pvping at lvl 10 or under...yeah 5 is a lot. Why have pvp if you're going to make gear that isn't obtainable to those who just joined? You will discourage new customers. And what about the droid users? It wasn't avail to them? You guys were gonna give it to us, then the apple fans whined so you put a stop to that, and now they are complaining bc everyone else is complaining? A vanity is a vanity. Either make all vanities have the same stats or take all stats off. Simplest thing to do.

+1

It isn't a big deal at the level cap, but for low level twinks ... I can see how this could be a problem.

Perhaps the founders helm should be like any other vanity item, but with an effect? Maybe a roll for extra xp or for level 56s, a bit of extra gold per kill?

kallima
06-14-2011, 01:53 AM
Oh please, Les. I could say they did "work" for it by laying the groundwork for those of who came later by bug reporting, testing, etc. There is no problem in my mind, but there is in yours. I don't see it as a 'problem' at all. I would just work harder to beat those people and DO something to offset their earned reward, instead of constantly bringing up that it has an "unfair" advantage that no one else could get, excuse me as I bust out my box of fluffy Kleenex :p. They are a select few for a reason and I respect they were around before me. Again, this is not SocialistTime Studios where everyone gets everything no matter what so no one's widdle feelings get hurt or they don't have some imaginary pixels or some HIGHLY OVERRATED stat boost....it is about skill, not the gear. Ask Phys (if he were around). Dude is better than 99% if not 100% of all archers and he used oranges. Gear does not make the player, but skill.

I think Les has stated he doesn't PVP so it's not an issue of whether he needs to "work harder" in PVP, and I also think if Phys were around he would agree and say it is an unfair stat. Secondly, your argument about anyone "working" for the founders helm is moot because unless there is such a thing as perfection, all of us are continually improving PL with suggestions and constructive feedback.

I think it's more of the entitled attitude, PLEASE, apple users MADE PL successful? Or was it the Devs because frankly, they are the ones that CREATED the game! Big deal, apple users spent a little money and had to deal with some bugs, we still are, thank you very much. If I hear one more person say they deserve it because they invested in PL I think I will literally throw up in my mouth. I wish I had the link, but Droid users have netted and provided more income to PL than apple users period. The bottom line should speak for itself. And from everything I have read of Phys and his helpful posts, I think he would agree with Les, actually I think he has stated that, if I can find the link I will edit and insert.

I told myself I would not comment further on this topic, as it is the Devs decision and I will support it (as it is not my decision to make) but the entitled attitude that most apple users have make me sick. It didn't help that Droid users were subjected to a roller coaster ride with the announcements of "Droid users are ineligible, then they were eligible, and finally not eligible again."

Ayrilana
06-14-2011, 02:07 AM
Favorite quote of his about the founder helm so far:

It's. Just. Pixels. Grow. Up.

Nightarcher
06-14-2011, 02:17 AM
One thing I think the PL community is forgetting that many Mmo communities often do:

While the developers utilize and value your opinion and feedback, it's ultimately up to them as to what they think is fair and balanced. I agree as to it having an advantage especially at low levels. But the Developers want to see feedback such as:

"We think it would be more beneficial for the community if _____."

as opposed to feedback like:

"This item is unfair! The decision to do this is unfair, and it needs to be changed!"

There are three parts to how you provide feedback.

-->Part of it is the way in which you suggest a change: rude or professional.
-->Part of it is your outlook on the subject: fixing some "terrible choice" which you disagree with, or trying to bring together the community.
-->And the last part is whether you ultimately accept the Devs' final action.

kallima
06-14-2011, 02:19 AM
Favorite quote of his about the founder helm so far "It's. Just. Pixels. Grow. Up:

I don't know in what context this was meant, and can't provide a link as Phys posted on several different threads about the founders helm but the above quote was directed at iOS users, just to clarify.

In this thread http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?24099-the-big-argument-over-the-founders-helm page 5, comment 47.

Ayrilana
06-14-2011, 02:21 AM
I don't know in what context this was meant, and can't provide a link as Phys posted on several different threads about the founders helm but the above quote was directed at iOS users, just to clarify.

In this thread http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?24099-the-big-argument-over-the-founders-helm page 5, comment 47.

Doesn't matter what the quote was originally quoted for. It can still be applied here since people are still fighting over pixels.

kallima
06-14-2011, 02:29 AM
One thing I think the PL community is forgetting that many Mmo communities often do:

While the developers utilize and value your opinion and feedback, it's ultimately up to them as to what they think is fair and balanced. I agree as to it having an advantage especially at low levels. But the Developers want to see feedback such as:

"We think it would be more beneficial for the community if _____."

as opposed to feedback like:

"This item is unfair! The decision to do this is unfair, and it needs to be changed!"

There are three parts to how you provide feedback.

-->Part of it is the way in which you suggest a change: rude or professional.
-->Part of it is your outlook on the subject: fixing some "terrible choice" which you disagree with, or trying to bring together the community.
-->And the last part is whether you ultimately accept the Devs' final action.

I think initially the feedback was constructive but after the announcement to revert back to original restrictions, Droid users began to speak from frustration. Not an excuse but an explanation.

And let me just repeat what Phys said when I was searching for a link because it is a good point. Droid users did NOT complain that iOS users received Droid antennas but iOS users complain about Droid users getting a founders helm. I think that speaks volumes in terms of the huge difference in attitudes between both platforms.

kallima
06-14-2011, 02:35 AM
Doesn't matter what the quote was originally quoted for. It can still be applied here since people are still fighting over pixels.

Oh but it does, since u are included in those "people fighting over pixels." It seemed like you were trying to twist the context in which it was said which is why I provided the clarification.

Ayrilana
06-14-2011, 02:36 AM
Technically there was a difference between the two situations. The founders helm was rewarding those who helped the game during its first couple months. The droid users didn't complain because they had any grounds to do so. On the other hand, the droid antennas were a celebration of droid users playing the game. It was never meant as a special gift for only droid users.

Oh but it does, since u are included in those "people fighting over pixels." It seemed like you were trying to twist the context in which it was said which is why I provided the clarification.

People were fighting over pixels then as they are now. Not much of a difference.

Nightarcher
06-14-2011, 02:44 AM
I think initially the feedback was constructive but after the announcement to revert back to original restrictions, Droid users began to speak from frustration. Not an excuse but an explanation.

And let me just repeat what Phys said when I was searching for a link because it is a good point. Droid users did NOT complain that iOS users received Droid antennas but iOS users complain about Droid users getting a founders helm. I think that speaks volumes in terms of the huge difference in attitudes between both platforms.

I really don't think it's a matter of Apple vs Android. Sure, it has a little part in it as Android didn't have the app at the beginning, but many of the people on iDevices didn't get one either.

PL is about connecing people in an online MMO, and I think that last paragraph was very unwise in that it divides the community in half. Who cares what phone you have? If anything, Droids users should be honored that a special line of antenna vanities were made welcoming them into the game. Had it been originally an Android app, things would be a lot different. So judge based on the person, not a large sweeping generalization. :)

Slush
06-14-2011, 02:47 AM

Hey bro, go cry some more over 5 armor.

kallima
06-14-2011, 02:48 AM
Yes, we could have complained as it is our right as consumers of their BRAND, would anything have been done, who knows. But again, to me it speaks volumes on the attitudes between the different platforms. I own both, don't know if I would even get a helm on Droid if the situation were ever reversed again, but agree that Droid users have valid points and this is a forum - let those that just learned of the helm the opportunity to vent. Trust me, I don't want to see these threads because the divisiveness they caused turned me off to PL for a bit, but it's here, so I'm commenting.

kallima
06-14-2011, 02:51 AM
Hey bro, go cry some more over 5 armor.

What part of my comment got you thinking this was to start a troll or flame comments?

Oh, why don't u take that silver spoon that mommy and daddy gave you and replace it with a better attitude?

Slush
06-14-2011, 02:57 AM
What part of my comment got you thinking this was to start a troll or flame comments?

Oh, and hey sis - why don't u take that silver spoon that mommy and daddy gave you and replace it with a better attitude?

It's not that particular comment of yours, it's all your whining about 5 armor. If us Apple users didn't spend the money we did on this game at the begining, it probably never wouldn't even be on Android. Nightarcher made a good point, I think you're forgetting that Android users were the only ones eligible to recieve the droid costume. In fact, I'm suprised somone hasn't complained about the awesomeness of the droid costume, and don't forget all the antennae and promotions that were related to the Android release.

Edit: You know what, it's not even 5 armor, it's 4 if you already use a vanity helm, easily obtainable for free.

kallima
06-14-2011, 03:03 AM
It's not that particular comment of yours, its all your whining about 5 armor. If us Apple users didn't spend the money we did on this game at the begining, it probably never wouldn't even be on Android. Nightarcher made a good point, I think you're forgetting that Android users were the only ones eligible to recieve the droid costume. In fact, I'm suprised somone hasn't complained about the awesomeness of the droid costume, and don't forget all the antennae and promotions that were related to the Android release.

When did I even whine about 5 armor, don't mistake others posts for mine, I could care a whit less about the armor, I PVP very little so it doesn't matter. The point that Les has been trying to make and many others is that vanity items should remain vanity items, I don't know if the Droid costume has any stats but I doubt it does. Again as far as money is concerned, android users have netted more income for PL than apple so the point is moot.

Oh, and I apologize for editing my post with an equally cruddy comment so I will re-edit again.

Slush
06-14-2011, 03:03 AM

Oh, why don't u take that silver spoon that mommy and daddy gave you and replace it with a better attitude?

P.S.figure out that puzzle of DanielRH's yet? Didn't think so.

I have better things to do in my life then figuring out a puzzle from a forum for a phone game.
Edit:Ok, listen, I came off a little harsh there, but I'm sick of all these people moaning about 4 armor, and thats what it's about, read the first post again. People are still complaining after 2 months.

Splurd
06-14-2011, 03:12 AM
Just checked my stash and whoopie I got one.

Now, on a more serious note.

Is it really about the entitlement or is it the fact that the hat has stats on it? Which are two very different things to be complaining about.

kallima
06-14-2011, 03:14 AM
I really don't think it's a matter of Apple vs Android. Sure, it has a little part in it as Android didn't have the app at the beginning, but many of the people on iDevices didn't get one either.

PL is about connecing people in an online MMO, and I think that last paragraph was very unwise in that it divides the community in half. Who cares what phone you have? If anything, Droids users should be honored that a special line of antenna vanities were made welcoming them into the game. Had it been originally an Android app, things would be a lot different. So judge based on the person, not a large sweeping generalization. :)

Well said, and yes I agree, no one, including myself should generalize but the community has been divided in half since the founders helm came out, re-read the all the previous threads in relation to them. It was divided among the "haves and have-nots" which essentially is apple vs Droid, I should not have continued the correlation into this discussion. The divisiveness turned me off to PL when the argument started so I am just going to abstain from commenting further.

Slush
06-14-2011, 03:16 AM

Is it really about the entitlement or is it the fact that the hat has stats on it? Which are two very different things to be complaining about.

Some people are complaining about entitlement, most people are complaining about the stats.

kallima
06-14-2011, 03:18 AM

Last comment, for me it's the entitlement - for others it's the stats. But again, I said from day one, whatever the devs decide I will support, so I am muting myself on this topic henceforth. :p

kallima
06-14-2011, 03:20 AM
I have better things to do in my life then figuring out a puzzle from a forum for a phone game.
Edit:Ok, listen, I came off a little harsh there, but I'm sick of all these people moaning about 4 armor, and thats what it's about, read the first post again. People are still complaining after 2 months.

We good Slush, I reacted poorly so deserved it. Let's all just farm pinks and forget about it!

Splurd
06-14-2011, 03:20 AM
Some people are complaining about entitlement, most people are complaining about the stats.

Exactly... its two very different issues.

Splurd
06-14-2011, 03:25 AM
Last comment, for me it's the entitlement - for others it's the stats. But again, I said from day one, whatever the devs decide I will support, so I am muting myself on this topic henceforth. :p

Well, I see the entitlement in this way.

The early players contributed a lot to the game. As a community, as testers, as a player base. PL started off small. So small we got rid of Fnord due to lack of players.

And now PL is successful, booming, with lots of new players coming in all the time.

And I think this "founder helm" is simply a way to say, thanks for supporting us.

Are we entitled to the founder's helm? No. We're not. Its not an entitlement. Its a gift from the devs. As simple as that.

Violentsaint
06-14-2011, 04:03 AM
Well, I see the entitlement in this way.

The early players contributed a lot to the game. As a community, as testers, as a player base. PL started off small. So small we got rid of Fnord due to lack of players.

And now PL is successful, booming, with lots of new players coming in all the time.

And I think this "founder helm" is simply a way to say, thanks for supporting us.

Are we entitled to the founder's helm? No. We're not. Its not an entitlement. Its a gift from the devs. As simple as that.

well said :)

i dont see this thread going anywhere.. if the devs wanted to do somthing about it they would have done something by now..

ive been gone for a long time.. there plently of things ive missed out on.. droid antennas, costumes, buttons ... all the winter stuff.

doesnt matter how much i complain im not going to get any of those things. which is fair enough.

if someone uses the founder helm in pvp.. just kindly ask them to unequip it or pvp against some1 else if it bothers you that much >_>

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 09:41 AM
I haven't read the whole thread and I won't. Since I was awarded a Founder's Helm, I've been strongly on the pro-helm side. And do you know why? No, not because I have one.

I agree with the Developers' decision to make the helm very selective and have a slight advantage, because otherwise it's nothing special.

When people say "it's not fair," you have no logical argument. The Devs set a requirement to be obtain the item in a game they made, so the only "unfair" thing would be giving it to someone who did not meet said requirement.

In that case, why did they remove the GoA stats?
I'm not a GoA, but it is extremely illogical.

I'm tired of arguing.
The devs don't seem like they will make changes. I'm off this bandwagon.

Arterra
06-14-2011, 10:12 AM

man i really need to stay on this thread... you forgot the argument on purpose. It is a vanity item, it should just be left as such. (i guess it is a offshoot of stat argument, but not for gameplay reasons)

Kraze
06-14-2011, 11:34 AM

Edit:

I remember paying 5.99 for a map pack

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 11:38 AM
I remember paying 5.99 for a map pack

Highest I ever paid was 20 Plat. 3 bucks ish.

What map was that?

Kraze
06-14-2011, 12:20 PM
I can't remember which pack it was early on just before plat store conversion. Maybe balefort....I just remember picking up an awesome green int weapon with my bird and there was no trading or stash so I had to respec to use it. Oh how I miss fnord :(

WhoIsThis
06-14-2011, 12:28 PM
I wish I had the link, but Droid users have netted and provided more income to PL than apple users period. The bottom line should speak for itself. And from everything I have read of Phys and his helpful posts, I think he would agree with Les, actually I think he has stated that, if I can find the link I will edit and insert.

Physiologic would probably just point out that this is why he didn't PvP. :) In its current state, the founders helm is basically equal to a ring (which can be bought with plat). No biggie in PvE or level cap PvP, but at low level twinks ... as mentioned before, a pretty big deal.

I told myself I would not comment further on this topic, as it is the Devs decision and I will support it (as it is not my decision to make) but the entitled attitude that most apple users have make me sick. It didn't help that Droid users were subjected to a roller coaster ride with the announcements of "Droid users are ineligible, then they were eligible, and finally not eligible again."

+1

I should remind iOS users that it's entirely possible that PL could have launched on Android and evolved into the successful game that it is today, only to be later ported to iOS. Despite everything that's happened and the fact that both platforms have interacted for months, I still get the overwhelming perception that many iOS users have a feeling of superiority over Android users that seems entirely unjustified. Sometimes in games, when people ask what phone you have, I've noticed that the iOS and iPad users automatically treat you as inferior because you have an Android user.

Kraze
06-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Because no android player acts like an elitist right? Darn those iOS players that had to deal with a buggy game that had no stash or cs or even trading....look I've been booted out of pve maps with boot reason " no founders noob" and "droids only" and back in the day when my name was kraze-fnord it was impossible to find a party. The founder helm adds an advantage that diminishes as you approach level cap it's less noticeable. It really is no different than a ring and was a nice gesture by the devs. IMO it's not game breaking or world ending. On the bright side droid users in a year or so (give or take a few weeks) you could have a SL founders helm and may have a different opinion

Lesrider
06-14-2011, 01:11 PM
man i really need to stay on this thread... you forgot the argument on purpose. It is a vanity item, it should just be left as such. (i guess it is a offshoot of stat argument, but not for gameplay reasons)

This thread will just fade out like all the others, bc those who got it will never admit that it shouldn't be. Basically, they created a whole new type of statted equipment for only a select few people.

FWIW, even if the cutoff had been a few months later and I got one, I would still think it's a horrible idea. In general, if there's only one vanity item in the game with bonus stats, everyone should have an opportunity to get it. Or it shouldn't exist at all (other than as a vanity).

JaytB
06-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Although I couldn't care less about pvp and therefore the stats this helmet gives you, I have to agree I would be pretty disappointed if I did.

Riccits
06-14-2011, 01:29 PM
LOL @ this thread. ppl stop whine plz. cant hear it anymore. they wich wasnt here at begin should just enjoy the game wich all founders supported.

to pvp: whos the best in lvl 15? yes, kayu and onemanewarcrew. do they have a founders helm? NO! can my founders helm help me to win? NO! i should work at my skills and build instead!

MoarPewPew
06-14-2011, 02:55 PM
This thread will just fade out like all the others, bc those who got it will never admit that it shouldn't be. Basically, they created a whole new type of statted equipment for only a select few people.

FWIW, even if the cutoff had been a few months later and I got one, I would still think it's a horrible idea. In general, if there's only one vanity item in the game with bonus stats, everyone should have an opportunity to get it. Or it shouldn't exist at all (other than as a vanity).

Honestly I would give mine up just to stop people from complaining.. People are fighting over a virtual helm that is made up of pixels.... It's sad..

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Honestly I would give mine up just to stop people from complaining.. People are fighting over a virtual helm that is made up of pixels.... It's sad..

People pay money to get stuff made up of pixels too. :o

superglut2
06-14-2011, 03:05 PM
i pay moneyfor pixels as long as they look good

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 03:05 PM
i pay moneyfor pixels as long as they look good
Ditto.

Register
06-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Lol but what if those pixels are crummy? What if the pixels are the same color as the solid-color background? Would you pay for that lol?

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Lol but what if those pixels are crummy? What if the pixels are the same color as the solid-color background? Would you pay for that lol?

Nope.
Unless the game was invisible ninja.
That would make sense. Then again, I did pay for Pac-Man. ;)

Otukura
06-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Nope.
Unless the game was invisible ninja.
That would make sense. Then again, I did pay for Pac-Man. ;)

crazy. Just get a free version or download an Illegal version with an android.

Diodge
06-14-2011, 03:57 PM
I dont think anyone is fighting over the helm being handed out. I think were all tweeked about the bonus advantage.

First apple got no cooldowns and a one button shoots everything advantage. ([x] fixed)
They took away your advantage and everyone raged about cooldowns. They gave you guys a extra bonus stats on a vanity helm so you guys can get part of your advatage back.
I dont understand how anyone can say it dont effect twink pvp.

How many of you apple people would rage if they took the bonus stats away? Why would you be madd?

Sun
06-14-2011, 04:08 PM
How many of you apple people would rage if they took the bonus stats away? Why would you be madd?

I'd be upset that STS caved in to the cries of a few whiny individuals

Fastcast
06-14-2011, 04:09 PM
I agree that while players who joined earlier get a vanity helm with amazing stats. All of us other players who spent real $money$ only get a shield of gratitude with +1 armor seems unfair but im Just putting my opinion out there.

Lesrider
06-14-2011, 04:11 PM
I'd be upset that STS caved in to the cries of a few whiny individuals

If I were a dev, I'd take it away from you guys just because of that attitude.

Sun
06-14-2011, 04:14 PM
If I were a dev, I'd take it away from you guys just because of that attitude.

If I were a dev, I'd double it's stats just because of that attitude

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 04:16 PM
LOL, the spark has hit the HAY!
Flame WARRRR!'

Nah, joke. But yeah as a whiny individual, perhaps you should be kinder to us and teach us how not to whine, eh?
Instead of that flame-ish comment.

EDIT:
Tonight I shall chant my mantra.

"I am not a whiny individual"

Otukura
06-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Flame WARRRR!'

Nah, joke. But yeah as a whiny individual, perhaps you should be kinder to us and teach us how not to whine, eh?
Instead of that flame-ish comment.

As to the apple-multi touch thing, that was entirely possible with my droids I know of.

Your posts per day has gone up by .3 today...

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 04:23 PM
As to the apple-multi touch thing, that was entirely possible with my droids I know of.

Your posts per day has gone up by .3 today...

OFF TOPIC:Lol .3?
It was at an all-time low because I took a break for a week or two from forums.
Used to be 15.6 or something.

ON TOPIC: Yeh, droids got about two months of multi touch treatment too.
GCD came in in February?

Lesrider
06-14-2011, 04:24 PM
I agree that while players who joined earlier get a vanity helm with amazing stats. All of us other players who spent real $money$ only get a shield of gratitude with +1 armor seems unfair but im Just putting my opinion out there.

Does the shield even have +1 armor? (I'm not logging on to check.)

thugimmortal
06-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Flame WARRRR!'

I can feel a thread lock coming in the air tonight oh forum.

we need to chill out and have a good constructive debate.

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 04:26 PM
I can feel a thread lock coming in the air tonight oh forum.

we need to chill out and have a good constructive debate.

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

Yeh, luckily, no flame war yet.
I was just kidding. :o

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Does the shield even have +1 armor? (I'm not logging on to check.)

Yeh. I think.

EDIT: AGH a Double. Soz...

Otukura
06-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Yeh. I think.

EDIT: AGH a Double. Soz...

It doesn't.

and riiight.

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 04:32 PM
It doesn't.

and riiight.

Biing serious.
Srsly!
Trust me on this one. :p

Otukura
06-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Biing serious.
Srsly!
Trust me on this one. :p

Lol. Fine.

WhoIsThis
06-14-2011, 08:31 PM
The founder helm adds an advantage that diminishes as you approach level cap it's less noticeable. It really is no different than a ring and was a nice gesture by the devs. IMO it's not game breaking or world ending. On the bright side droid users in a year or so (give or take a few weeks) you could have a SL founders helm and may have a different opinion

Nobody is saying that it is a big deal at the level cap nor are the majority of posters complaining that people who came here early on deserve some recognition. It is however a big deal if you twink at below level 20.

On the contrary, I would never want something that gave an unfair advantage simply because I joined earlier, although I would have no issues at high level PvP for anybody wearing one. It is for this reason that I advocate that the founder's helm should give no stat bonus for PvP only (or just 1 armor, like any other vanity item).

LADYHADASSA
06-14-2011, 09:18 PM
on topic of helms... anyone ever get a veteran helm? I have had a few ask me this in past few days. these where mentioned after the founders helms where going to be given to those in first 6 months of game then brought back to the first 2 months.. then these other helms...

Aculeas
06-14-2011, 09:54 PM
The true nature of this thread should be obvious to all Envy and jealousy. We have an item you can't have. Whine. Whine.

All the founders are leaving for b* in a month and most of us are just flat out bored of the game. The founders helm is limited edition an item that in the years to come will probably end up as rare the shield guardians receive. They are select and they are few. I understand how unfair that must seem to all but it really isn't. We were the first wave. There will never be another.

We have accumulated intelligence on in-game mechanics and strategies before anyone else. Contributed in working out bugs communicated and supplied initial feedback to the devs. Created the wealth of knowledge you find here today. (Most of which was non-existant at one time). The founders guided the new players. There was a time when everyone in the game knew everything and everyone worked effectively as a team. Now it seems like the game has buried itself to the in uneducated fools.

We were compensated for our contribution to the game and to the developer's. It is a sign of appreciation. So YES WE EARNED IT! I'm not saying we deserve it.

Zeus
06-14-2011, 10:16 PM
The true nature of this thread should be obvious to all Envy and jealousy. We have an item you can't have. Whine. Whine.

All the founders are leaving for b* in a month and most of us are just flat out bored of the game. The founders helm is limited edition an item that in the years to come will probably end up as rare the shield guardians receive. They are select and they are few. I understand how unfair that must seem to all but it really isn't. We were the first wave. There will never be another.

We have accumulated intelligence on in-game mechanics and strategies before anyone else. Contributed in working out bugs communicated and supplied initial feedback to the devs. Created the wealth of knowledge you find here today. (Most of which was non-existant at one time). The founders guided the new players. There was a time when everyone in the game knew everything and everyone worked effectively as a team. Now it seems like the game has buried itself to the in uneducated fools.

We were compensated for our contribution to the game and to the developer's. It is a sign of appreciation. So YES WE EARNED IT! I'm not saying we deserve it.

This is true, but PL shield and Guardian Shield Stats were nerfed, no? I don't see why the same philosophy is put out onto the Founder's Helm. Each one contributed to the community in one way or another.

jaggedlilpill
06-15-2011, 12:36 AM

And there's that attitude...I can say I joined in November and did the same...its not the token, its the stats of the token of appreciation. They removed all the other "special" vanities stats...yet they left them on the helm...makes absolutely zero sense.

Riccits
06-15-2011, 12:54 AM
If I were a dev, I'd double it's stats just because of that attitude

yeah!
its all soooooo unfair *whiiiiiiine*

WhoIsThis
06-15-2011, 05:10 AM

I don't want to turn this into a flame war, but I'll say this much. To date, no guardian of alterra has behaved so arrogantly as to believe that they are somehow "superior". If they did, I'm sure they'd lose their GoA status pretty quickly. Can you imagine any of the guardians putting in their signatures "I'm Guardian of Alterra. I have a cool shield. Aren't you jealous?" or telling us how they "earned" their guardian status? There are a couple of founders with such inflammatory signatures around the forums. Most of the guardians are quite modest about their achievements. In fact, many deliberately choose not to use a guardian avatar.

There are 2 issues at stake here:

1. The helm is a potential problem in low level twinking. High level PvP will be almost unaffected.

2. There is now a growing sense of resentment between the founders (many of whom do their fellow players a discourtesy by dismissing the concerns of other as plain whining), and the non-founders (who feel that the founders have an unfair advantage and are resentful about it).

I would also advance that if anybody should be given an advantage, it should be the Guardians, any of whom did much more for the community than the founders (unless of course, you are both a founder and a guardian). Furthermore, the rarity of the guardian shield would mean that it would have a negligible impact on game balance.

jaminn
06-15-2011, 09:16 AM
I don't want to turn this into a flame war, but I'll say this much. To date, no guardian of alterra has behaved so arrogantly as to believe that they are somehow "superior". If they did, I'm sure they'd lose their GoA status pretty quickly. Can you imagine any of the guardians putting in their signatures "I'm Guardian of Alterra. I have a cool shield. Aren't you jealous?" or telling us how they "earned" their guardian status? There are a couple of founders with such inflammatory signatures around the forums. Most of the guardians are quite modest about their achievements. In fact, many deliberately choose not to use a guardian avatar.

There are 2 issues at stake here:

1. The helm is a potential problem in low level twinking. High level PvP will be almost unaffected.

2. There is now a growing sense of resentment between the founders (many of whom do their fellow players a discourtesy by dismissing the concerns of other as plain whining), and the non-founders (who feel that the founders have an unfair advantage and are resentful about it).

I would also advance that if anybody should be given an advantage, it should be the Guardians, any of whom did much more for the community than the founders (unless of course, you are both a founder and a guardian). Furthermore, the rarity of the guardian shield would mean that it would have a negligible impact on game balance.

I have a founders helm...and I may be biased but I have never given it to my other lower level characters...I have always kept the helm on my "founding" mage and as much as I would love to keep the stats according to all the debating the best thing to do is get rid of them or bring back the other vanity stats...I agree completely that GoA espacially GoAshould be honored and have a shield with stats but why not the founders they did help the game get its start after all...I do admit when the game came out I loved it but was poor and once I got bored of being stuck on 12 I stopped playing till dark forest came out...luckily it was ONLY a month that I was off but afterward I used my money...and also all founders ended up having the sheild of gratitude anyway...whether they used free plat to get main spine or they acually spent money in game, I am positive that all founders who play the game up to today have a sheild of gratitude

I think the best thing to do is (I can't believe I'm saying this) get rid of the stats (I only agree if they make it look cooler...the crown it is now on my mage is only founding worth, in my opinion, because of the stats. A cooler looking founder helm with no stats I think would be fine with me)

What the SHOULD have done is given the founders helm th the "founding" character (or the highest level if they may have deleted their main) and made it non tradeable or non stashable

THIS IS NOT MY FINAL OPINION I HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE MY MIND

Ogden
06-15-2011, 09:42 AM
i have the founders helm and I really like it, not for the stats (I dont play pvp a lot) but for the awesomeness (warrior type looks awesome). I actually don't deserve it because i have been out for a few months and I never really payed for it till december i think. But I just got lucky i guess. I think low lvl pvp is not fair with it but i have seen great solutions (making contests without them, leave when someone has one and asking to let them put it of for a nice fight). So don't make a big deal out of this one, it's not that much of a problem

Diodge
06-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Dont make a big deal about something that a select group of people have a advantage.(((bonus stats no one can get.)))
It is a big deal in twink pvp. Im sure it does effects high level pvp but its harder to see the advantage.

They take bonus stats away from shields. Then add a helm that goes against why they took the shields bonus stats away. I dont get it.

With some of the attitudes I see on here. No wonder there is so many complaint threads on how people are treated.((These posts are brushed off as stupid posts. ??? ))

Fix your game and stop saying you will take one bonus away for a reason. Then you make items that go against why you changed items in the first place.
There is to many games comeing out for me to care anymore. Im done posting on this.

I get my pvp outside of this game anyways. It is no skin off my back.... I will just pve.. Happy Happy Joy Joy

add items or take stats away. Thats my idea to fix this problem.

xBearSpiritx
06-16-2011, 08:47 PM
I too would have loved this helm... not only does it look ace but the stats are awesome for a vanity item. Just wish i had started playing PL from an earlier date.

Who knows what the future holds... maybe the Devs will actually start to feel sorry for us and release a sympathy/crybaby vanity helm for those of us who keep complaining about not having a Founders helm :-)

torrace
06-22-2011, 04:11 PM
I think people should accept that thats the way the game is run and be prowd everytime they got slayned by a superiarly armored fighter. Knowing they managed to stay alive so long after all. They are better!!!

Register
06-22-2011, 04:26 PM
i kill people that have the founders helm....not much of an advantage...

Deadsoldiers
06-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Wow this thread isnt locked yet even if it seems to turn into a flame war, i am a level 16 and didnt get founders, i see both points on the one hand its not really fair for pvp (lower levels) and only it still have its stats on the other hand it is a reward for those who supported the game that long. My solution would be to turn it into a normal vanity with no stats whenever you enter pvp. AND NO FLAME WAR lets Discuss Fair

Riccits
06-23-2011, 01:59 AM
i kill people that have the founders helm....not much of an advantage...

true, founders helm wont help win. it needs more...

KingFu
06-23-2011, 03:03 AM
I dont think anyone is fighting over the helm being handed out. I think were all tweeked about the bonus advantage.

First apple got no cooldowns and a one button shoots everything advantage. ([x] fixed)
They took away your advantage and everyone raged about cooldowns. They gave you guys a extra bonus stats on a vanity helm so you guys can get part of your advatage back.
I dont understand how anyone can say it dont effect twink pvp.

I know this post is old, but I just wanted to say, you know GCD and founders helm have NOTHING to do with each other, right? Multi touching was very difficult on iPod and iPhone due to the small screen, i beloeve it was possible on my droid X even. It wasn't necessarily founders that multi touched. I tried multi touching, and it wasn't fun. Ruined PvP for me and made it too easy, no fun. Multi touchers weren't respected in PvP, and I can't think of any founders that multi touched. Some people complained about GCD, but after it was adjusted and people adapted, they stopped whining. Some quit, ya, but I can't think of any founders that quit because of it. I can ramble on and on, but founders helm had absolutely ZERO relation to GCD, and vice versa. I don't know why you're trying to categorize the founders as multi touchers.

Wahtevur
06-26-2011, 12:01 AM
Im not on iOS and just now joined the forums, been playing PL on My Evo since December. Not upset with the Helm at all, but for all of you that think you deserve it because you downloaded a game that we on Android would have downloaded had it been released on our OS first... Unless your iOS is on verizon, us Droid users get the beta first come Black*. :p
Madea says JUST-ACE has been served.

Lesrider
06-26-2011, 04:27 AM
Im not on iOS and just now joined the forums, been playing PL on My Evo since December. Not upset with the Helm at all, but for all of you that think you deserve it because you downloaded a game that we on Android would have downloaded had it been released on our OS first... Unless your iOS is on verizon, us Droid users get the beta first come Black*. :p

Wow, another mature post. Just when I thought these discussions couldn't get any lower, someone manages to surprise me. Bravo.

KingFu
06-26-2011, 04:31 AM
Wow, another mature post. Just when I thought these discussions couldn't get any lower, someone manages to surprise me. Bravo.

Encore? :D

Barbamitsos
06-26-2011, 05:08 AM

you wouldn be playin if it wasn for us

arent u used to such threads yet? i just hear em like an angels song ...

Kraze
06-26-2011, 06:33 AM
While this reads trollish brigs an excellent point. SL beta means I never ever should have to hear a complaint about the founder helm again

superglut2
06-26-2011, 07:28 AM
dont think we are ever gonne get the helmet

Wahtevur
06-26-2011, 08:00 AM
I do think that I would be playing this game right now even if it was on Android OS first.iOS users are not the only ones who download games and try them out. The Android community is obviously bigger which means.... It would've gotten popular faster. If somethings a hit, a star, then it doesn't matter about the fans or the players. Its the devs that made this game so successful by far. Android users could have provided the same feedback. I mean if iOS was so demandingly the only reason we could have PL today, then blow off the beta testing, release it for iOS first and delay Android users a couple weeks til its all fixed up for us droiders to use right? If thats the only way STS can make Black* good then im down for that.

NECROREAPER
06-26-2011, 08:56 AM
I do think that I would be playing this game right now even if it was on Android OS first.iOS users are not the only ones who download games and try them out. The Android community is obviously bigger which means.... It would've gotten popular faster. If somethings a hit, a star, then it doesn't matter about the fans or the players. Its the devs that made this game so successful by far. Android users could have provided the same feedback. I mean if iOS was so demandingly the only reason we could have PL today, then blow off the beta testing, release it for iOS first and delay Android users a couple weeks til its all fixed up for us droiders to use right? If thats the only way STS can make Black* good then im down for that.

This is either the most ignorant post I've ever read on these forums, or someone is being superb at trolling.

Please don't start an android Vs. iOS debate, go to droid forums if you wanna do that.

Lesrider
06-26-2011, 09:01 AM
While this reads trollish brigs an excellent point. SL beta means I never ever should have to hear a complaint about the founder helm again

That might be true if EVERY iOS player had gotten the helm.

Oh and I can't WAIT to see what will happen when the beta testers get some extra reward in SL in addition to getting to play first, pick their names, etc.

WWIII anyone?

Moogerfooger
06-26-2011, 09:13 AM
Just let this thread die, pls. All it is doing is stirring up nastiness/trolling/oxygen-and-brain-cell-wasting. I almost hope that the SL beta peeps get something unique, so this debate will die a miserable and gruesome death like it deserves.

Wahtevur
06-26-2011, 09:32 AM
When someone claims that they are the only reason other people are playing PL they are saying that with arrogance and a sense of superiority, which is ignorant. Ill post here as I please.Can't wait for the beta (PERIOD) I could care less what my posts come across as. Take it as you will.

MoarPewPew
06-26-2011, 12:36 PM
When someone claims that they are the only reason other people are playing PL they are saying that with arrogance and a sense of superiority, which is ignorant. Ill post here as I please.Can't wait for the beta (PERIOD) I could care less what my posts come across as. Take it as you will.

Barb meant you all would not be playing this game if we did not pay for Plat to support this game before the main spire came out. He was referring to the shield of gratitude.. Also welcome to the forums and please read the TOS because you obviously did not read it.

Zeus
06-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Barb meant you all would not be playing this game if we did not pay for Plat to support this game before the main spire came out. He was referring to the shield of gratitude.. Also welcome to the forums and please read the TOS because you obviously did not read it.

Honestly though, I believe the Android Generation brings in more sales then iOS Generation. It's quite obvious, which explains why Verizon's Androids get a beta on SL. It's just the way it works. Sure, while the old generation did help support the game, others help CONTINUE the support for the game when the older generation started to die off. They are both equally important, IMO. Neither is more important then the other.

Although, I'm extremely peeved that beta testers are only for a single platform, it gives an unfair advantage to those in SL. To be honest, it really angers me, considering those that were loyal to the company for many months now apparently just got the door slammed in their face. I believe they had stated that EVERYBODY would get an equal chance to get the name of their desire, when SL came out, with the exception on name reservations, of course. But now? It seems things have changed. Really disappointed me.

noobmigo
06-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Honestly though, I believe the Android Generation brings in more sales then iOS Generation. It's quite obvious, which explains why Verizon's Androids get a beta on SL. It's just the way it works. Sure, while the old generation did help support the game, others help CONTINUE the support for the game when the older generation started to die off. They are both equally important, IMO. Neither is more important then the other.

Although, I'm extremely peeved that beta testers are only for a single platform, it gives an unfair advantage to those in SL. To be honest, it really angers me, considering those that were loyal to the company for many months now apparently just got the door slammed in their face. I believe they had stated that EVERYBODY would get an equal chance to get the name of their desire, when SL came out, with the exception on name reservations, of course. But now? It seems things have changed. Really disappointed me.

Heh.
I wouldn't be surprised if some fanboy decided to take all the forumers with alot of posts forum names for an SL chars name.

*secretly unreservates the name Apollo and steals it*

EDIT: Is unreservates a word?

Wahtevur
06-26-2011, 08:37 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/10ye9g7.png

Sorry for the trolls on this subject, I look forward to playing with all of you in SL.:)

Arterra
06-26-2011, 09:05 PM
No noobmigo,it is not.

How is this thread still burning lol. Already made my points, and so have others so I'm just going to go ahead and say it:

Banana

Samhayne
06-26-2011, 09:18 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/10ye9g7.png

Sorry for the trolls on this subject, I look forward to playing with all of you in SL.:)

Nice!

Thread closed to quell the flame wars.