PDA

View Full Version : Forum Signatures - you can now upload - details within!

Samhayne
06-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Hello everyone!

We know that people want to express themselves. What better way to do that, than via a nifty signature underneath your posts - especially one that is an image.

Users can now upload images to use for their signature. To do this, go to the "Settings" link, found in the upper right hand corner (where you log in). Once on the Settings page, go to "Edit Signature".

Signatures have the following restrictions:

You must have posted 3 posts before you can upload an image to use as a signature
100 pixels tall maximum
500 pixels wide maximum
15 kb total file size maximum
As per the Forum Rules (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?27-Message-Forum-Rules): "Signatures that are overly annoying, disruptive or in Spacetime Studios’ sole discretion found to be in poor taste will be removed."

These restrictions are necessary for a couple of reasons.

The post count is to slow down potential spammers or advertise who use free accounts on the forums to try and be annoying. This gives us, the forum Admin's and Mods, time to whack them with the ban hammer.
The dimension restrictions are to keep the forums easy to browse. We'd prefer that threads have more to read than just a bunch of really bit signature images.
The file size is to keep the forum loading quickly, especially for low bandwidth users (like someone browsing on a mobile phone over a cellular connection). If you have trouble fitting your custom signature into a 15 kb or smaller file, try using some higher compression .JPG settings.

As always, we encourage your feedback. Please let us know how you feel about this implementation of Forum Signatures. Have fun with them!

Tullen666
06-02-2010, 11:09 AM
You Devs are Gods. Need I say more?

PvP
06-02-2010, 11:17 AM
This will make countless people happy, in their little rebellion :p

Dizko
06-02-2010, 12:27 PM
And so begins the avatar revolution.

Splurd
06-03-2010, 02:14 AM
15kb is quite restrictive, in my opinion. :(

King Richie
06-03-2010, 03:28 AM
Thank You !!

Azrael
06-03-2010, 01:33 PM
15kb is quite restrictive, in my opinion. :(

I like it though. At first i was disappointed, but then i realize i cruise the forums on my iphone and i don't need some dude with a 500kb pic slowing my loadtime on 3g.

Tullen666
06-03-2010, 01:43 PM
I like it though. At first i was disappointed, but then i realize i cruise the forums on my iphone and i don't need some dude with a 500kb pic slowing my loadtime on 3g.

Azrael is absolutely right, this size restriction works perfectly for surfing the forums on your iphone. :D

SlayerQ5
04-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Here is mine

LIGHTNINGLORD67
04-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Nice job digging up an old thread

Barbamitsos
Dang why did u bring this up again :/ i miss tulen and ogrim so much snif snif snif

Also king like hell :/. -looks at their pics- - picks up a hankerchief-

ratava
King Richie, Dizko, Azrael & Tullen: Good names I remember well!

ratava
04-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Dang why did u bring this up again :/ i miss tulen and ogrim so much snif snif snif

Also king like hell :/. -looks at their pics- - picks up a hankerchief-

You still kicking *** at pvp? ;)

Barbamitsos
04-21-2011, 05:03 PM
In twinkin yea
At 56 i made a skill revant and i recently lasted 1 minute against a pure and a dex mage

RATATA-va YOU R BACK? o.O

ratava
04-21-2011, 05:14 PM
In twinkin yea
At 56 i made a skill revant and i recently lasted 1 minute against a pure and a dex mage

RATATA-va YOU R BACK? o.O

lol! Last I was in PL you were the king-o-kings at pvp but it's been through a few changes since and I guess every punk wants a piece of you when you're at the top for too long?!

Without going to far off topic, will see you in B* also?! ;)

Barbamitsos
04-21-2011, 06:15 PM
lol! Last I was in PL you were the king-o-kings at pvp but it's been through a few changes since and I guess every punk wants a piece of you when you're at the top for too long?!

Without going to far off topic, will see you in B* also?! ;)

Owwwww im lookim forward to B* ......... But anyways mrbanana slightly goes on now