PDA

View Full Version : Stun not 'stunning'

Rannos
06-02-2010, 01:00 PM
I notice in PvP that the stun does not stop any skills from being used except physical attacks and melee skills. However, the missile skills used by Archers implies the use of a bow, which is also a physical attack still functions. Furthermore, Enchantresses have the ability to somehow concentrate while stunned in order to cast magic spells. This seems completely counter-intuitive as well as create a disadvantage for warriors by limiting their skill use during a 'stun' that appears to be unintentional. The fact that roots and freezes allow characters to continue attacking, but not move is very logical, as the function and definition of these terms is either in line with the effect (root) or open to interpretation (freeze). I highly recommend reevaluating the intent of the stun effect in PvP and if the consensus of the devs remains the same, please change the term 'stun' used on skills to something like, "stun in PvE but not PvP."

Stun does not stop skills from being used except for melee skills (i.e., super mega slash, crippling slash, etc.). I would like to either see all skills or no skills work while stunned. The murky line that is created by having some skills work and others not causes me quite a bit of annoyance. There is currently very little difference between crippling slash, which roots an enemy, and super mega slash, which stuns an enemy.

Esus
06-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Interesting thought Rannos, I'm not sure I understand...

Rannos
06-02-2010, 03:39 PM
I added a little extra to clarify.

Basically, I'm tired of being stunned and attempting to use skills (out of habit or lag) that don't work, which forces me to wait for the refresh (SMS, CS) and wastes mana. At the same time, I can stun an Enchantress or Archer and they still have offensive skills that they can use against me.

Esus
06-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Oh I see what you mean... In defense of my mage and archer, If ur warrior stuns me and I cant auto attack, all i have to defend myself are the spells, I mean other wise I'm a deer in headlights. Same can be said about the rooting spell of the archer, yea u can still attack and still use spells, but you cant move. I can see how these may be annoying for a warrior, but I've noticed that becon can pull players from almost half way across the maps at times. So to me, if your warrior gets rooted, u can becon everyone to you then use ur slashes, which I've seen take ppl out is one hit if your using a 2h sword, or then use stopm in conjunction with rage, which packs one nasty hit. I guess what I'm tryin to say is that usuing the right spell at the right time can save your butt. Plus, doesnt Stomp, Becon, Battle Cry, SMS, and CS all have a stun effect of some kind? Thats more stunning/rooting effects than any of the other classes have. I know archer have thorn wall and root, and mages have ice shot and ice storm, but those are the only spells im aware that can stop anything in their tracks...Or if you want a weapon that has a stun proc, try the trusty Whammo the Hammo.