PDA

View Full Version : Guide to level 10 and 16 twink avian

Darkfader
06-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Hello everyone!

Just after few weeks testing various gears, skill points and stats I have decided to write this guide to refresh low level pvp, to not being dexbear competition only (as it currently mostly is). To being in low level pvp with bird you need lot of experience of avian skills and techniques. Birds die easily and deals lower damage than dexbears, but there is still possibility survive and beat most of dexbears on fair 1vs1. So let's get trough everything you need to know.

Lot to go trough so lets get into it. :)

1. Stats ( both 10 & 16 levels )
- After various test on both levels i have found out that there is not point put any stats to anything else than dex. With dex we need everything we need to avian, hit and damage(dps). Full "pure" dex bird was most efficient for me and every gear i tried out.

2. Skill points
- We receive one skill point each level we levelup and with respec we can get customized skillboard and "skip" skills we wont need for pvp. (that's what twinks mainly made for)

2.1 Skill points at level 10
- So we have at use 9 skill points. We have 5 skills to choose at level 10 and we will skip two of them. Skills we will use are Focus, thorn root and blast shot. Here is mostly best build i have found out for this level.

- Focus 4 ( rise crit and hit enough so we wont need to higher it into 5)
- Thorn root 1 ( wont need anything else than lvl 1, just because of being able to root enemy )
- Blast shot 4 ( high damage and with focus possibility to hit huge crit )

2.2 Skill points at level 16
- So we have at use 15 skill points. We have 9 skills to choose at level 16 and we will skip 3 of them. Skills we will use are Focus, thorn root, blast shot, Evasion, break armor and Shattering scream. Here is mostly best build i have found out for this level.

- Focus 5 ( to get crit and hit )
- Blast shot 5 ( high damage and with focus possibility to hit huge crit )
- Thorn root 1 ( wont need anything else than lvl 1, just because of being able to root enemy )
- Evasion 1 ( Little dodge boost, you might also ignore this and use it's skill point into break armor )
- Break armor 2 ( It's pretty important against dexbears which mostly use talon and wing and have pretty high armor already )
- Shattering scream 1 ( Just level 1 to being able to use combo scream + blast shot )

3. Equipment
- There is lot of equipment available for dex at these levels, but being able to succes you mostly need best possible gear, too bad it is also most expensive (suprise suprise)
- Also if you are able to use platinum i prefer to buy ring, Fine platinum band of Bravery, gives 1crit and huge 9damage.

3.1 Equipments at level 10

- Assassin avian helmet, lvl 10 green. -- It is best you can buy, if want you get better one from platinum item pack.
- Snowball launcher lvl 10 pink. -- Deals good damage and dps, have freeze possibility which is mostly MUST on 10/16 avian twink. If you decide to use any other weapon do not use talons.
- Expert reinforced leather lvl 5 pink. -- Well as everyone knows it is simply best for lvl 10 twinks.

3.2 Equipments at level 16
- Assasins sniper helm, lvl 16 green. -- It is best you can buy, if want you get better one from platinum item pack.
- Snowball launcher lvl 15 pink -- Deals good damage and dps, have freeze possibility which is mostly MUST on 10/16 avian twink. If you decide to use any other weapon do not use talons.
- Expert reinforced leather lvl 5 pink. -- Well as everyone knows it is simply best for lvl 16 twinks. I have tried out with artisan leather and didnt found it as useful as expert.

4. Tactic and skill usage
- This part comes tricky and only after doing pvp for while you will realize what you got to do, trust me it's not easy but with experience you will compete with many dexbears and win too. It's not ownly having best gear at game for certain level and go to battle, you need lot of experience and tactic (with low lvl bird even more :D )

4.1 Against dex bear
- Dex bears are toughest enemy you will face at these levels, mainly only because of rage skill which highers their damage and dps to sky high. So we need to "customize" our gameplay against them and use their weakness to being able to win. Bears have damage skills only for low range ( except stomp, but read futher about it ). So lets "counter" that by tactic main point number 1. Stay far from dexbears ( they can't deal skill damage to you ). To succes on this you need to first root them and also at same time auto attack with snowball launcher ( with good luck you root and freeze them and then you go enough far from their skill range but being able use your own skills, since bird skills have longer range than bear ones). On this part you won't have much to do, keep on auto attack, stay far from them and root as often as possible if they move. Ofc use Focus and then blast shot as often as possible. After while they are dead and are not being able to kill you because you can deal weapon damage + skill damage against they can only use weapon. Stomp is their tough skill, it will stun you, knock back free from root/frozen and deals huge damage. Mostly dexbears auto attack you and try to rush close and stomp you. Rule number 2. stay away from stomp, to make it possible you need to learn range of root and weapon usage. You need to start attacking as soon as it is possible and root as soon as possible and then take few steps back and stay as far as possible. Thats mostly against dexbears, if they get free from root and frozen your only option is run and hope you freeze him and root as soon as possible. And then cycle this all again.

Level 10 combo: Focus -> root -> blast shot -> continue endless with previous infos.
Level 16 combo: Focus -> Evasion -> root -> break armor -> shattering scream -> blast shot.

4.2 Against anything else
- I never found any specified tactic, root and freeze and use previous combos just deal damage. You will deal enough damage with those gears kill them before they get you. Pretty easy enemys.

Now time to wish luck for everyone and hopely see more of twink birds soon at pvp arenas so im not only one, (not only one but rarely not seen anything else than dexbears).

See ya at arenas, Healingwater, my lvl 16 twink avian.

Register
06-13-2011, 03:45 PM
I like the guide but why not a dexbear? I might be making a level 10 twink soon.....dexbear probly

Darkfader
06-13-2011, 04:03 PM
I like the guide but why not a dexbear? I might be making a level 10 twink soon.....dexbear probly

Well many reasons, ( for me at least ).

- Devs have blessed us with three various characters so why we would need to stick with only one.
- to refresh lowlvl pvp with something else than dexbears.
- to let everyone know that it's not only dexbears who can do good at lowlvl pvp.

Regarding these I hope you least give a try for avian, it's great fun and challenging. :)

And thanks. :)

Pokechmp
06-14-2011, 06:13 AM
Oh I've met u with my dex bear (anubbydude). This kiting this is so annoying but I beat ya a couple times:). I now have iron blood maxed to take Care of break armor

Fatpigwarrior
06-14-2011, 06:21 AM
My level 10 is gonna dual spec dex/bear
Snowball launcher that green helm and STR level 5 pink armor for the armor points :)

Twinklaser
01-24-2012, 10:46 PM
This guide seems nice but when I made my lvl 10 avian(use duckfoot since snowball is out of my budget) I seem to get owned by dexbears even if I kite. Perhaps its because I dont have max gear or its because lvl 16 twinks are more successful than level 10s.

maneatingtree
01-24-2012, 11:14 PM
At level 10 couldnt we dex bears just xbow u birdies?

And i use snowball launcher to so at lvl 10 all birdie attacks can be countered.

Twinklaser
01-24-2012, 11:54 PM
@Tree

True but according to Darkfader, birds have less damage than bears but if the bird kite, the bear wouldnt be able to use slashes and stomp due to the short range. Birds on the other hand have moves between 10-12m vs the 3-8 m of bears. For example, bird damage(3) + bird skill damage(3) > bear damage(5).

Darkfader
01-25-2012, 01:30 AM
@Tree

True but according to Darkfader, birds have less damage than bears but if the bird kite, the bear wouldnt be able to use slashes and stomp due to the short range. Birds on the other hand have moves between 10-12m vs the 3-8 m of bears. For example, bird damage(3) + bird skill damage(3) > bear damage(5).

Exactly.

WinterKate
02-15-2012, 02:43 AM
I have an Avian 10. With Expert and Orcish. What are my chances?

prouzi
02-15-2012, 03:39 AM
Why not fight with me :-)

Sryyoulose
02-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Haha I'm a LVL 10 Mage with no drain... Hehe see you around! IGN:askmeforhelp

Appleisaac
02-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Im sorry I'm revivng this old thread, but are there any cheaper weapons for a lv 16?

Noodleleg
02-27-2012, 09:38 PM
You can try a Duckfoot =p

Sryyoulose
02-28-2012, 03:34 AM
Or platinum bling flinger(Platinum) Or assassins forest crossbow also tinsels and platinum talons! Also it seems that candles and Gotland seem fine aswell

darkmagesun
03-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Very helpful guide

Thedexfalcon
03-05-2012, 01:20 AM
At level 10 couldnt we dex bears just xbow u birdies?

And i use snowball launcher to so at lvl 10 all birdie attacks can be countered.

Yeah i would of thought. A lot of bears such as kayumangi use the snowball launcher so if you can attack them then they should be able to attack you and in otherwise freeze you. So what is your tactic against that because when they get freezed they will let out a stomp and then just charge at you since you're frozen too and have no hope of escaping except for feeze to wear off?

Darkfader
03-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Yeah i would of thought. A lot of bears such as kayumangi use the snowball launcher so if you can attack them then they should be able to attack you and in otherwise freeze you. So what is your tactic against that because when they get freezed they will let out a stomp and then just charge at you since you're frozen too and have no hope of escaping except for feeze to wear off?

timen what you spend at snowball launcher range is so small that you very rarely get frozen, however if you get frozen all you can do is hope and pray.

Chickenwinu2
03-13-2012, 12:18 PM
timen what you spend at snowball launcher range is so small that you very rarely get frozen, however if you get frozen all you can do is hope and pray.

All u do if u get frozen root them.