PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions about the Game and Star Legends. Also, a Mini-Debate.

Zeus
06-13-2011, 05:14 PM
So, I've noticed a few issues during my enjoyable stay at Pocket Legends. First thing of importance; Founder's Helm.

Pro's:

Some Founder's aren't really Founders. They created their account during the game release (April-May), but didn't start playing till much later, therefore lucking out.
Veteran Rewards were mentioned, as a consolence, but were never heard from again.

Shows you were a Founder of Pocket Legends, been there since the very beginning.

Con's: Exclusive First Vanity Helm to give more then +1 armor and bonus stats.

I wanted to know the reasoning, as to why. As Arterra had first stated, many Founder's defense to the helm having stats is that they were beta testers. The thing is though, IMO, it wasn't a beta and if it was, sure a special reward is great, but a reward that unbalances the game, is not.

Let's prove it.

Level 10 Twinking, very low armor in this level. I get around 25 Armor, with my twink. Founder's Helm gives a bonus of 5 armor more. That gives the owner of a Founder's helm a 1/6 higher defense, or a 16.7 percent higher armor rating. It's exclusive, so you can't combat it. Face him up with an identical player, logical reasoning shows the Founder's Helm wearing twink will win, the majority of the time, due to the heightened stats. Granted that PvP is diverse, even as Level 10, even if most are bear Twinks it still shows a clear advantage, 16.7% advantage, to be exact.

This is just a single scenario.

A Possible Solution?

They could release a helm with EQUAL stats, as a veteran reward or as a platinum item. Veteran requires 6 months of playing, so it would still be obtainable, yet still have the rarity feel.

Star Legends

I've been hearing rumors. When is the release date, or rumored release date? Heard that the platform will favor Verizon and Android Users, due to Apple's need to control everything that comes in and out of their market, and their reluctance to let through a beta, which Verizon and Android Users will be receiving.

Doesn't this fail the promise that everybody would have availability to the app on the same day, so you would get an equal chance to reserve your name? If this is true, I'm largely disappointed in this and think something needs to be done.

This is not a rant, it's a debate. Please, no flaming or trolling. A Developer's input would be much appreciated.

Zeusofire
06-13-2011, 05:26 PM
I agree. I am coming up on my six months of playing Pocket Legends on this Friday I believe and I would have loved to have seen A Veteran Rewards helmet that was discussed. Im not much into twink PvP myself but I still think that an advantage of 5 armor is tremendous at such a low level and something has to be done to make that more fair. I own both an iPod and an iPhone and I plan on being one of the first to play Star Legends. I would be highly disappointed if I was unable to be one of the first players if Android users get to test out the beta edition first. I have several names planned for Star Legends that I plan on stalking the release date to download it and reserve my dozen or so names immediately.

NECROREAPER
06-13-2011, 05:42 PM
If there were to be a veteran reward, I'd be getting my second one in two weeks. I missed the deadline by a few weeks for founders and I won't get any veterans rewards either. Sure it sucks, but it's not a big deal

At least I got my Pumpkin :)

Lesrider
06-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Oh please tell me they're not pulling that same bs that DD did with Xperia exclusives.

Corpser
06-13-2011, 06:27 PM
yes i agree it is over powered for a vanity helmet especially for low lvl pvp

and yes it is unfair on those on ipods :( stupid apple
and yes they did promise a veteran reward i was wondering what happened to that

Arterra
06-13-2011, 07:28 PM
about this verizon/android thing...

will only phones with verizon be able to get it? that is how confusing this whole thing is, i dont know. Since I have a rooted android device (nook color) i dont feel as abandoned as the apple fanboys (i was one too, so i can call you out ;) ) but still worry about the availability.

edit: bad idea having a combo mini debate on both founders vs veterans / apple vs android discussion

Survivorfan
06-13-2011, 07:38 PM
We need a dev to Confirm this, C'mon Devs, Don't Let me Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thugimmortal
06-13-2011, 07:44 PM
about this verizon/android thing...

will only phones with verizon be able to get it? that is how confusing this whole thing is, i dont know. Since I have a rooted android device (nook color) i dont feel as abandoned as the apple fanboys (i was one too, so i can call you out ;) ) but still worry about the availability.

edit: bad idea having a combo mini debate on both founders vs veterans / apple vs android discussion

I hope so too as theres no such thing as verizon in the uk.
I think that android are getting the beta because of the new partnership with sony and the $15.000 investment.
If any company invested that kind of cash would'nt they want it first ?

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

xantor
06-13-2011, 08:10 PM
That's one problem with Apple that's why I have never purchased any of their products I remember all the games big name game I used to play with windows. But all MAC had was diablo 2 lol. Steve jobs was once quoted he believed MAC was for work not playing lol....

Arterra
06-13-2011, 08:14 PM
That's one problem with Apple that's why I have never purchased any of their products I remember all the games big name game I used to play with windows. But all MAC had was diablo 2 lol. Steve jobs was once quoted he believed MAC was for work not playing lol....

he isnt calling the shots anymore, is he? hmmm... that means... :D

also, i cant see steve jobs staying off the gaming market, considering how much of a money maker it is. (and he definitely didnt with the iphone device.) i much prefer the apple selection of games than the android one.

Lesrider
06-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Are you guys joking?
Umm... Most games come to iDevices before Droid.
Or... Are you droid ppl playing O&C right now? :p

Xperia seems to like to pay off companies for exclusives. Maybe they can't sell their product on its own merit and think they need something extra like this to get people to buy. I, personally, will not buy a device over one (or three) games. If I get a tablet, it will likely be an iPad bc my iPhone has served me so well so far. And so I don't have to buy all my apps a second time...

Sky../
06-13-2011, 09:20 PM
I hope so too as theres no such thing as verizon in the uk.
I think that android are getting the beta because of the new partnership with sony and the $15.000 investment.
If any company invested that kind of cash would'nt they want it first ?

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

15k? I dunNo. That's kinda small to demand getting it first.

Otukura
06-13-2011, 09:28 PM
15k? I dunNo. That's kinda small to demand getting it first.

True, but when you think about how few of them there are. It's just under a 1k bonus per person. I'd take it, lol.