PDA

View Full Version : What's next in PL

nazgulking
06-14-2011, 12:57 AM
Hello folks!

Devs have been quite for some time. I know they are developing BS but since PL has a different team working on it, I'd like to know what the devs are working on for PL.

Ayrilana
06-14-2011, 01:26 AM
Dark Forest revamp? Dunno. We'll find out within the next couple weeks.

Kylghan
06-14-2011, 02:08 AM
After blackstar comes out, they said they were going to make pocket legends for the pc. I'm stoked on that! :)

Ayrilana
06-14-2011, 02:10 AM
Not anytime soon. The PC client would mean the end of PL.

Botters. Hackers. Gold selling. No thanks!

Valiksuhr
06-14-2011, 02:17 AM

And the possibility of Pay to Play. Seen some good MUDs in the 90s go down the drain when they did that

spcjazz
06-14-2011, 02:38 AM
I cant agree anymore dev should not forget what made them suscessful in first place.

Lowlyspy
06-14-2011, 10:59 AM
i think the main reason the devs are so quiet right now is because of E3, which im certain all of you know is the biggest gaming convention of the year. If they are doing PL on the PC, yes it probably will get hacked or modded, unless the devs up at spacetime are prepared.

Piosidon
06-14-2011, 11:05 AM
After blackstar comes out, they said they were going to make pocket legends for the pc. I'm stoked on that! :)

The only reason on why I like PL is because it portable and fun

onemadzhau
06-14-2011, 11:27 AM
I heard rumors of upping the level cap to 61 can anybody confirm or deny this rumor?

ratava
06-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Here's a "Go To" list of what has been mentioned in the latest E3 info/interviews:

1. Star Legends beta end of June/early July with staggered beta for verizon network carrier and Android iOS
2. PvP will be in Star Legends. There may be some sorta housing reported also? 4 sectors and 20 levels also.
3. Guilds have been in the works for a while in PL. Also raised level cap, PvP might get some "love" also mentioned.
4. PC client version is not expected until the Fall. There are issues as described above that devs need to sort out eg security mainly.

This is all from 2ndry sources reporting on from discussion with devs/marketing peeps so it's not official but a good indication of what's likely/mentioned :) I'll go over quotes from interviews but right out of time atm so hope ppl don't mind the quick and dirty summary above. :p

Otukura
06-14-2011, 11:44 AM
2. PvP will be in Star Legends. There may be some sorta housing reported also? 4 sectors and 20 levels also.

25* levels, not 20.

Ebalere
06-14-2011, 12:05 PM
I think if they make pl a computer game it should not be the same accounts and servers as the mobile version, because obviously the computer version could handle more stuff and people who dont wanna play on pc would get the ol' shaft.

Otukura
06-14-2011, 12:11 PM
I think if they make pl a computer game it should not be the same accounts and servers as the mobile version, because obviously the computer version could handle more stuff and people who dont wanna play on pc would get the ol' shaft.

True, but the thing is, I don't think PL would have that much success on a computer. The reason I play it is because I don't need to have a bulky laptop in my bed everynight, and can do it anywhere. When you move to computers, there's plenty of better games. Of course, RuneScape did well, so I'm probably wrong.

ratava
06-15-2011, 06:36 AM
25* levels, not 20.

Thanks Otukura for checking that... I was going off RPGFan interview:

Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles will start off with four different campaigns and twenty levels so there will be plenty to do in the game. (http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2011/1717.html)

Also Massively (http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/06/10/e3-2011-spacetime-studios-on-the-legends-franchise/):

Star Legends is only a month away from launch, and Spacetime hopes that the Pocket Legends fever will spread to its sci-fi brother. The name's been changed to communicate the studio's intent to provide an ongoing story rather than a one-shot experience. The game will launch with the first 20 levels of content, but Spacetime has grand plans to expand this much further

But I'm really not sure if that is accurate, either 20 or 25? Thanks again.

Mr Gattis discussed in the interview in the blog post (see transcrip) that PC client has lots of challenges to overcome (mostly security) but it would in essence be the "same" experience just either mouse & keyboard. However you have to keep the door open on interesting developments on the PC that are supportive to playing on the mobile platform. :) I think it's a great idea and would play a little on my laptop as well as mobile. "Play Anywhere" still applies. :)

Moogerfooger
06-15-2011, 07:13 AM
I saw some quote from I think Sam saying that PvP would not be a launch feature of B*, although I can't find the quote, nor am I 100% sure I read it correctly. I assume it would be added in after the initial launch dust settles down and they iron out any initial bugs or something to that effect.

ratava
06-15-2011, 07:28 AM
I saw some quote from I think Sam saying that PvP would not be a launch feature of B*, although I can't find the quote, nor am I 100% sure I read it correctly. I assume it would be added in after the initial launch dust settles down and they iron out any initial bugs or something to that effect.

Hey moog, wonder if you are thinking of this one from the interview with Mr Gattis with MMORPGitalia:

Do you plan to introduce PvP in Blackstar?

We will most likely have PvP in Blackstar at launch, but it is too soon to tell.

That was: 06-05-2011, so they were still unsure at that time...

And in the recent write-up with RPGFan:

Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles will start off with four different campaigns and twenty levels so there will be plenty to do in the game. The game will also include a PvP (players vs. player) mode and an auction house for items. If you're more of a co-operative player, you can have up to five people total in your party. So far three different classes will be available to choose from: tanks, DPS, and mages, and you can choose male or female for any of these. While we did not get an in-depth look at any of the three, one interesting tidbit is that some areas in the game are only available to certain classes - something to take note of when you form your parties, but also something that might add to the game's replay value.

& that was 06.13.11, but she calls Engineers the "mage" class aka Support/Healer... so not entirely sure how correct the info is as it's 2ndry info but sounds like it might be in :)?

superglut2
06-15-2011, 08:09 AM
i think they are porting xperia , tht will prbably tske most time

BlackLight
06-15-2011, 10:48 PM
I thought we were talking about PL and not Star Legends. :p

But anyway, how is the Guild feature getting on? Currently the guild feature in PL now (if any) is kind of lame, with players only able to communicate via friend lists. The friend list should at least be amended to allow for notes to be filled in, so one can differentiate between guild friends and non-guild friends. But even then, I'm sure a REAL guild feature with guild chat and such would certainly help in boosting interaction and renewed interest in PL.