PDA

View Full Version : Get the "n" out

Kraze
06-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Look at some point and time we were all new and learning the game. Nobody logged in for the first at the level cap. Yet as a community we toss around the word noob both here and in game whenever there is a precieved lack of knowledge or experience. Yeah it's frustrating when playing on a twink and a bear scatters a mob before you can combo. And yeah it's no fun to have a whole party get killed because someone spread fever but simply calling them a noob and booting them solves nothing. Take a moment to teach them the proper strategies or even direct them to the guides found here. Sure some people won't listen or just ignore your help but maybe it could lead to a better and stronger community as a whole if we just tried a little harder to friendlier and more supportive instead of calling each other noobs at the drop of a hat.

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Noob this sucks. J/k

Yeh, I hate it when that happens.

Happens too much in twinking, happens too much in lower level dungeon running, when they actually talk. It's just a general term now.

You buy this soda? Noob
You lose one time? Noob
You kill me five time in a row unbuffed? Noob

Theres no end.
Spred the werd?

Lesrider
06-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Noob this sucks. J/k

Yeh, I hate it when that happens.

Happens too much in twinking, happens too much in lower level dungeon running, when they actually talk. It's just a general term now.

You buy this soda? Noob
You lose one time? Noob
You kill me five time in a row unbuffed? Noob

Theres no end.
Spred the werd?

Of course people call YOU noob :p

vulgarstrike
06-14-2011, 02:15 PM
I have no problem with idiots running around with enough experience to know better being called noobs.
but crying noob when you get soundly owned in pvp... that's just being a poor loser. man, your self-esteem must be really low to be unable to acknowledge defeat in pixels.

thugimmortal
06-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Look at some point and time we were all new and learning the game. Nobody logged in for the first at the level cap. Yet as a community we toss around the word noob both here and in game whenever there is a precieved lack of knowledge or experience. Yeah it's frustrating when playing on a twink and a bear scatters a mob before you can combo. And yeah it's no fun to have a whole party get killed because someone spread fever but simply calling them a noob and booting them solves nothing. Take a moment to teach them the proper strategies or even direct them to the guides found here. Sure some people won't listen or just ignore your help but maybe it could lead to a better and stronger community as a whole if we just tried a little harder to friendlier and more supportive instead of calling each other noobs at the drop of a hat.

yeah agreed
some players use noob as an insult and some players may not know what it means and just follow others.
i have to admit ive called my close friends noobs for a bit of banter.
But i would not just call a stranger noob no matter what level.
I think the word noob is used in totally the wrong way and many are just angry kids who dont know any better. Im lvl 56 and i try to help new players out and guide them to better their playing experience. I recently saw two players hunting for new players and calling them names belittling them I asked them politely to stop but they continued to harrass them.
I reported them instantly and got a goa on scene to warn them.
I hate to see new players get bullied like this and isnt it a form of cyber bullying anyway that makes new players quit before they have started.
everyone has an equal right to play pocket legends new and old

Otukura
06-14-2011, 02:24 PM
We should make 'noob' the 'n' word, and call everyone whenever they say it :p

Kraze
06-14-2011, 02:28 PM
A good example had last night not going to mention names but I was helping someone on thier first hideout run. They mentioned they had never fought gold. Rather than call em a noob and quit the party took 30 seconds to explain fever and we dropped gold with 0 deaths. There just really isn't any need to go around calling someone a noob. Some people (who may need thicker skin but that's a different thread for a different day) get really upset about it but more importantly it isn't helpful in anyway. If you call them a noob people are going to write you off as a troll and think you are the issue. Like mom always said if you don't have anything nice to say...

Kraze
06-14-2011, 02:31 PM
We should make 'noob' the 'n' word, and call everyone whenever they say it :p
Sort of the idea with title. I'm in no way saying the two words are anywhere near the same level but noob is often used in a deliberately hurtful way. Let's face it only noobs say noob now :p

vulgarstrike
06-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Sort of the idea with title. I'm in no way saying the two words are anywhere near the same level but noob is often used in a deliberately hurtful way. Let's face it only noobs say noob now :p

lol what's gonna happen if I call someone a noob,
is candlejack going to abdu-

Otukura
06-14-2011, 02:41 PM
noob

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/5/9/64ca313a-7606-4ae6-94dc-63034f1b11dc.jpg

I am going to have so much fun with this ;)

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Of course people call YOU noob :p

Lol.

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 02:50 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/5/9/64ca313a-7606-4ae6-94dc-63034f1b11dc.jpg

I am going to have so much fun with this ;)

gotta admit, I Lol'ed

Otukura
06-14-2011, 02:52 PM
gotta admit, I Lol'ed

Double post! You're desperate >:)

Ebalere
06-14-2011, 02:59 PM
I don't get why people get so mad, its not even a real word ya noobs ;)

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Double post! You're desperate >:)

Yes, I shall not edit no more until I get past you.

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 03:05 PM

But it rhymes with joob. And coob. and doob. And boob. And choob. And...yeh.

I am DESPERATE FOR 5 POSTS!

superglut2
06-14-2011, 03:06 PM
manners everyone

Kraze
06-14-2011, 03:08 PM

It's less about getting upset and more about taking a moment to be helpful

Otukura
06-14-2011, 03:08 PM
But it rhymes with joob. And coob. and doob. And boob. And choob. And...yeh.

I am DESPERATE FOR 5 POSTS!

SMOOCH!!!

A) React like Kani

B) RUN!!!

C) Join me
--------------------

Three options bro!!! Only one real one...

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 03:10 PM
SMOOCH!!!

A) React like Kani

B) RUN!!!

C) Join me
--------------------

Three options bro!!! Only one real one...

:) :o :) :p ;) :)

Wait. You're a girl right? ;)

Otukura
06-14-2011, 03:12 PM
:) :o :) :p ;) :)

Wait. You're a girl right? ;)

"A" was a bad choice.

hahayoulose.avi

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 03:13 PM
"A" was a bad choice.

hahayoulose.avi

Huh? :p

Otukura
06-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Huh? :p

Whenever I upload it to youtube it gets removed...

:/

basically my 8th grade teacher(really old, white hair, uses a cane) jumping up onto the desk of a kid who got an answer wrong, point his finger at him, and saying HAHA, YOU LOSE!!!. Recording courtesy of a friend.

Roasty
06-14-2011, 03:16 PM
This whole new player bullying thing IS getting a bit out of control. In fact it's happening in so many other MMO's. Take Club Penguin for example, some players quit before they even got to know the game because a bunch of snobby jerks are always getting in their way, and of course harassing them

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 03:18 PM
This whole new player bullying thing IS getting a bit out of control. In fact it's happening in so many other MMO's. Take Club Penguin for example, some players quit before they even got to know the game because a bunch of snobby jerks are always getting in their way, and harassing them...

Haha, club penguin.

I'm a penguin and I own the HELL out of you...NOOB

Roasty
06-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Haha, club penguin.

):-/

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 03:25 PM
):-/

():-/
Join the BOOSHIE AFRO CLUB! Only 5. 99 with tips on how to maintain that fluffball of yours.

Kraze
06-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Haha, club penguin.

Its well and fine to make jokes for most of us we can tune these things out but how many new pl players are we chasing away with our behavior in game? It's a game and should be fun for all not for those of us that have played longer than others.

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Its well and fine to make jokes for most of us we can tune these things out but how many new pl players are we chasing away with our behavior in game? It's a game and should be fun for all not for those of us that have played longer than others.

The ones who make jokes about it aren't really the "ones"
Mainly the trolls, who make no sense.

Actually, most of them quit on account of it being boring in the first few stages.
FH and DF are so dang slow.

Otukura
06-14-2011, 03:28 PM
():-/
Join the BOOSHIE AFRO CLUB! Only 5. 99 with tips on how to maintain that fluffball of yours.

Okay, 4 posts ahead of me, I get it noob.

Is that 5.99 USD?

Roasty
06-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Do I get change with that sir?

http://www.yorkblog.com/biz/img/new-5-dollar-bill.jpg

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Okay, 4 posts ahead of me, I get it noob.

Is that 5.99 USD?

Preferably Euros since they are worth more, but if you have the USD, I'll take it!
I am NOT a noob, OK? OK!!!!!!!!!

Roasty
06-14-2011, 03:33 PM
I only have 100 euros

http://www.kevinalfredstrom.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/100-euro-banknote2002a.jpg

That's enough right?

WELL OF COURSE IT IS!!! HERE YA GO!!!

KingFu
06-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Hijack:/

Anyways, totally agree. It's one thing messing with your friends, but if you're picking on new players, that's where it bothers me. If I see someone picking on a lower level I'll usually jump in and embarrass em and tell them to stop. Ruining peoples experience:/

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Hijack:/

Anyways, totally agree. It's one thing messing with your friends, but if you're picking on new players, that's where it bothers me. If I see someone picking on a lower level I'll usually jump in and embarrass em and tell them to stop. Ruining peoples experience:/

Heh, yeh.
You can really see the true colors of your friends by creating a noob alt.
Troll alt = meh.

Otukura
06-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Heh, yeh.
You can really see the true colors of your friends by creating a noob alt.
Troll alt = meh.

I think troll alts are better....

I spent a good 15 minutes telling amy and boz to get a room b/c they were non-stop spamming kisses in town. Rather funny result.

On the other hand, some other people would... act a bit.. mad?

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 03:54 PM
I think troll alts are better....

I spent a good 15 minutes telling amy and boz to get a room b/c they were non-stop spamming kisses in town. Rather funny result.

On the other hand, some other people would... act a bit.. mad?

The thing is with troll alts is that you never know when someone is going to report you. Messing with friends is fun, but it doesn't show absolute true colors. It just shows how much one can take till the break.

Otukura
06-14-2011, 03:55 PM
The thing is with troll alts is that you never know when someone is going to report you. Messing with friends is fun, but it doesn't show absolute true colors. It just shows how much one can take till the break.

I guess you have a point...

Roasty
06-14-2011, 04:07 PM
So, do I get an afro for my smiley?

EDIT: Thanks! ():-)

Noctale
06-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Who cares. It's a game.
Besides, you can always teleport to another place in 5 seconds.

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 04:11 PM
So, do I get an afro for my smiley?

EDIT: Thanks! ():-)

yes you do.
Infact, you get about....100 divided by 6 is uh....16 point something.

Kraze
06-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Who cares. It's a game.
Besides, you can always teleport to another place in 5 seconds.
That's right it's a game but far too many go out of thier way to ruin the fun of others.

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 04:36 PM
That's right it's a game but far too many go out of thier way to ruin the fun of others.

Agreed.
You pay money for this game. Not cool when someone makes you quit and you would lose some money too.

Otukura
06-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Agreed.
You pay money for this game. Not cool when someone makes you quit and you would lose some money too.

Yep. I mean, ignore is only so good. I was talking to a group of friends in town, one guy just goes 'cool story bro' at least 80 times. Kept switching toons also.

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Yep. I mean, ignore is only so good. I was talking to a group of friends in town, one guy just goes 'cool story bro' at least 80 times. Kept switching toons also.

LOL, trollllllololol.

Perhaps troll alt?

Otukura
06-14-2011, 04:49 PM
LOL, trollllllololol.

Perhaps troll alt?

Seriously doubt it.. hardly anyone I know has 6 level 30-40 toons, with horrible K/Ds.

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Seriously doubt it.. hardly anyone I know has 6 level 30-40 toons, with horrible K/Ds.

Haha.
But who would want 6 level 30-40 toons except someone with a bunch of troll alts? Point Proven. Boom.

Otukura
06-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Haha.
But who would want 6 level 30-40 toons except someone with a bunch of troll alts? Point Proven. Boom.

I wouldn't mind.

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't mind.

Oh.

Otukura
06-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Oh.

:).

Noctale
06-14-2011, 06:35 PM

Agreed.

I've played lots of MMO's, but no one has ever ruined the fun for me, because really... I don't give a damn about people who try to insult me.
No offense, but if someone who you don't even know and probably never will know can make you quit a game, you've got issues.

That's just me, though.

(Did I just rant?) Ugh...

Kraze
06-14-2011, 06:56 PM
I've played lots of MMO's, but no one has ever ruined the fun for me, because really... I don't give a damn about people who try to insult me.
No offense, but if someone who you don't even know and probably never will know can make you quit a game, you've got issues.

That's just me, though.

(Did I just rant?) Ugh...

And I agree I wouldn't quit and you wouldn't quit but what about those that would? Takes some mighty fine keyboard muscles and low self esteem to bully in a game and it just needs to stop

Punktate
06-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Its a word, get over it. I hate people like you who want to censor everything. Nobody is going to wake up 40 years from now, screaming into the night because they got called a noob. People like you are the reason the game of TAG is banned in elementary schools on long island.

Noob.

Kraze
06-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Its a word, get over it. I hate people like you who want to censor everything. Nobody is going to wake up 40 years from now, screaming into the night because they got called a noob. People like you are the reason the game of TAG is banned in elementary schools on long island.

Noob.
You know I'm sorry you hate me. Seems a little strong of an emotion for a game but hey it's your life. I fail to see however why it should be ok to bully and tease newer players for simply being new. Your I hate you argument while compelling lacked any real support. Not asking for the word to be banned just asking that people think before they type. As that level 10 Mage needing help figuring out how to craft is nothing more than pixels to you there is a real person on the other side of the screen.

thugimmortal
06-14-2011, 07:45 PM
I think this thread needs closing
its getting to heated up

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

Samhayne
06-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the head's up, Thug.

Whoa guys!

From the Forum Rules (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=showrules)

1. Please Respect Others.

The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, conflicts may arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. Debating the opinion is appropriate, however criticism against the originator of the opinion is not allowed. Disrespect can be construed as flaming, trolling, harassing, profanity, abusive language or abbreviations, personal attacks, racial, religious, ethnic, sexual slurs, or similar behavior/language.

Thread closed.