PDA

View Full Version : Pls devs we need enlightenment

Majin Vineet
12-27-2015, 08:26 AM
Its a simple question about mechanics of warrior's DMG.

I made few hits on a boss with 700 DMG but he receives only 420-480 DMG( not talking about critical hits)
Then I let my pet which is a lvl 46 nightshade with DMG 200 on boss, and pet was making DMG of 200+
By this its confirm that my DMG wasn't lowered cos of some armor etc thing cos pet is making his DMG as mentioned.

I also tried with different legendary wep (galen maul having equal DMG n DPs) and ratio was same I.e. approx 550+ DMG was making 350dmg.
So its not like DMG DPs thing.

Then why my 700dmg hit is making only 420-480 DMG??

+- of 20-80 is OK... But above difference is a huge difference.

Please devs explain this mystery to us.

Hoardseeker
12-27-2015, 08:42 AM
Try a Normal CHARGED attack that's your damage, if you constantly Press your Attack buttons it comes under your dps.

EDIT: I confirmed it , Only Charged attack makes the damage Seen on the page and not Normal Attacks

EDIT2: The Damage Displayed on the Page is the AVERAGE of Charged and Uncharged Damage , Confirmed it too.So you Make 469 Damage but charged attack makes more damage than displayed damage , so it's the average of Charged and uncharged damage.

debitmandiri
12-27-2015, 09:29 AM
Or maybe maul's dmg is all fake ?
Is that a troll from story quest isnt it? Im pretty sure make more dmg with magma claymore of assault :wink:

Suentous PO
12-27-2015, 09:44 AM
Does this help?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?212529-Full-Armor-amp-Damage-Reduction-Analysis

Wazakesy
12-27-2015, 12:10 PM
No, in the mechanics of DMG, each damage is reduced by "armor". In simpler words, the higher the armor an individual has, the lesser DMG the individual will take. High armor and High health, with the addition of juggernaut for a warrior makes it hard for just 1 DPS to kill a warrior. Does this make sense? I'll make a better one and simpler one if you can't understand what I've just said.

On a side note, That arcane maul weapon has a fake damage. I don't know why, but the DPS of a maul is lower than your DPS. Try another weapon such as a Bonesaw or the new Glinststone maul? Perhaps that would yield better results. Often time Arcane maul warriors have lesser dmg than the one displayed on the stat page.

Jestersoldier
12-27-2015, 12:11 PM
No, in the mechanics of DMG, each damage is reduced by "armor". In simpler words, the higher the armor an individual has, the lesser DMG the individual will take. High armor and High health, with the addition of juggernaut for a warrior makes it hard for just 1 DPS to kill a warrior. Does this make sense? I'll make a better one and simpler one if you can't understand what I've just said.

What you just said has no relation with the question of the op...

Wazakesy
12-27-2015, 12:13 PM
What you just said has no relation with the question of the op...

Well, I just edited my post. refresh the page.

Hoardseeker
12-27-2015, 12:30 PM
Well, I just edited my post. refresh the page.

Still your post has no relation with the question, read it again

Majin Vineet
12-28-2015, 01:22 AM
Guys DPs means damage given per sec I.e. its about the time taken in attack's action/swing or number of attacks can be made in a time period. (Dagger makes 3 hits in 2 secs so DPs is 150% of DMG while maul takes 3 secs to make 2 hits so its DPs is lowen then DMG)

And charged attacks are charged.. It grants additional DMG. I tried it after reading comments and charged is giving approx 150% DMG of state DMG.

If u make a single hit no matter how much time swing action takes then there is no role of dps. Its only damage.

Now have one more look on details I gave.

200 DMG pet is making DMG near to 200 = its not aromr thing. Or can pets bypass armor???

I also used Galen Maul which have equal DMG n DPs and result was same ratio I.e. 500+ DMG was reduced to 350 DMG.
Arcane Maul is used to show it clear with ratio of 700 DMG reducing to 450 approx.

Its not about fake DMG of maul.... Its feeling like all state system is a complex steup or maybe whole setup is fake.....that's why I'm asking for mechanics for Warrior's dmg

Majin Vineet
12-28-2015, 01:31 AM
Does this help?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?212529-Full-Armor-amp-Damage-Reduction-Analysis

To bypass armor complexity Boss used is troll from story... They don't have armor, its only HP thing(as much I know :D )

debitmandiri
12-28-2015, 07:27 AM
http://i66.tinypic.com/ofoly8.png

With magma assault i have bigger dmg range 450-500 per hit, my dmg in page stat only 570
Maul dmg's fake confirmed :p

epicrrr
12-28-2015, 09:38 AM
if you constantly Press your Attack buttons it comes under your dps.

From what i've read from devs, DPS is actually responsible for you DoT (damage over time exa. poison) skills; DMG is for skill damage output and i think normal damage too.

ucupduyeh
12-28-2015, 04:29 PM
dmg from ollerus with normal attck will be < dps
dmg from ollerus with skill attck will be > dps, but < dmg
dmg from ollerus not fake, happened becouse dmg > dps
ollerus, very good for skill attack or to kill single mob/boss or pvp 1vs1

Edward Coug
12-28-2015, 04:54 PM
dmg from ollerus with normal attck will be < dps
dmg from ollerus with skill attck will be > dps, but < dmg
dmg from ollerus not fake, happened becouse dmg > dps
ollerus, very good for skill attack or to kill single mob/boss or pvp 1vs1

Maul has fake dmg. Compare maul skill dmg with skill dmg on a weapon like bonesaw or glintstone.

Hoardseeker
12-28-2015, 11:48 PM
Updated my post