PDA

View Full Version : Google +1 Added to the site

Samhayne
06-14-2011, 04:23 PM
We've added in Google +1 buttons next to the Facebook Like buttons on the site. Let us know what you think.

You can learn more about Google +1 on YouTube at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAyUNI3_V2c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAyUNI3_V2c

Also more on the Google +1 Page (http://www.google.com/+1/button/).

Redbridge
06-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Where?

Can't see a google button. Do I need to log into my google account? Or do something else?

Survivorfan
06-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Right next to the title under the reply to thread button

Otukura
06-14-2011, 04:29 PM
o.O

Now to figure out how to get that off my profile. Heh.

JaytB
06-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Does this make the site appear higher in the search results, or why would I press this button?

Redbridge
06-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Nope. Not visible for me. That'll give me something to play with tomorrow.

Night all.

Samhayne
06-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Nope. Not visible for me. That'll give me something to play with tomorrow.

Night all.

Anyone else not seeing the +1 button?

If so, can you tell me what style you are on (the mobile version won't see it) and what platform and browser you are using?

Thanks!

Roasty
06-14-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm not seeing the +1 button.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Basic I'm pretty sure that's what it is and I'm using the newest version of Safari

Kingofhurtz
06-14-2011, 06:31 PM
I cannot see it either. I'm on my iPhone, using Safari and am NOT in mobile forum view. Just regular.

Samhayne
06-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Hmm, looks to be multiple issues with the implementation of +1, as display on Safari is not working and on PC/Firefox/Chrome/IE it works in the news and blog sections but not here on the forums. We'll, it's new tech. We'll see what changes happen here in a couple days.

Survivorfan
06-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Hmm, looks to be multiple issues with the implementation of +1, as display on Safari is not working and on PC/Firefox/Chrome/IE it works in the news and blog sections but not here on the forums. We'll, it's new tech. We'll see what changes happen here in a couple days.

I'm fine on Chrome, and latest version. Just so you know someone has it working...

Samhayne
06-14-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm fine on Chrome, and latest version. Just so you know someone has it working...

Hmm, but the button still doesn't actually work to +1 a forum thread. Just get a red button with ! in it :(

Tvis
06-14-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm on Windows 7 with the latest Internet Explorer software. I see the button on every thread.

Arterra
06-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Hmm, but the button still doesn't actually work to +1 a forum thread. Just get a red button with ! in it :(

yep, cant actually do so. quite a fail if the product wont work with chrome too...

Conradin
06-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Anyone else not seeing the +1 button?

If so, can you tell me what style you are on (the mobile version won't see it) and what platform and browser you are using?

Thanks!

Hey i am using safari on my ipod with wifi, on the regular site, and no +1

DaeronAlagos
06-15-2011, 12:28 PM

Same here. I clicked the +1 (for this thread) and confirm in the authorise box. Then the icon changed red. You can click the (now) red button and a help dialogue box opens up suggesting possible causes.

D.

Windows 7 + Chrome

Kingofhurtz
06-15-2011, 12:31 PM
I can see it on my computer, just not my iPhone... Firefox+W7 on comp, Safari+Normal forum view on phone.

Samhayne
06-28-2011, 10:43 AM
I noticed that Google had made some improvements to +1 and noticed that it's now working on our interior forums. At least, the +1 stuff is working for me on Firefox.

Please let me know if you have any trouble using the +1 functionality on the forums.

Samhayne
06-28-2011, 10:44 AM
I can see it on my computer, just not my iPhone... Firefox+W7 on comp, Safari+Normal forum view on phone.

The +1 stuff isn't in the mobile style at the moment.

Register
06-28-2011, 12:40 PM
I noticed that Google had made some improvements to +1 and noticed that it's now working on our interior forums. At least, the +1 stuff is working for me on Firefox.

Please let me know if you have any trouble using the +1 functionality on the forums.

The +1 stuff isn't in the mobile style at the moment.

SAMHAYNE!!! how could you! You double posted! *gasp* i never knew a dev would do such an action like that for a higher post count!! :mad: how could you!!....:/