PDA

View Full Version : don't use magic shield?

zzellery
06-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Hi!
Just a quick question. I was told not to use magic shield on ANY bosses in alien oasis( not just on the keeper ), and not given any explaination. So is this bs or is there any truth to this?

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Hi!
Just a quick question. I was told not to use magic shield on ANY bosses in alien oasis( not just on the keeper ), and not given any explaination. So is this bs or is there any truth to this?

Myth.
Don't listen.
If you are about to die, cast it. If they boot you, tell them to look at forums.

Ayc2000
06-14-2011, 05:44 PM
That is completely untrue. Even on keeper you can uses it...if anyone doubts you, tell them to look it up, like noobmigo said...

JaytB
06-14-2011, 06:07 PM
This question gets asked every month or so LOL

Don't mean to sound offensive, but the search function could've answered that one... 10 times or so :)

It's the same for keeper as for all other bosses in the game :)

Silentarrow
06-14-2011, 06:17 PM
I was told the same thing. But don't listen it is just a myth!

noobmigo
06-14-2011, 06:23 PM
This question gets asked every month or so LOL

Don't mean to sound offensive, but the search function could've answered that one... 10 times or so :)

It's the same for keeper as for all other bosses in the game :)
Fyrce says: The search function is my friend. The search function is my friend.

Fyrce
06-14-2011, 07:25 PM
LOL.

Why would you even listen to this without trying it out yourself? :P

crunchybirdy
06-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Someone told me that the bosses steal the shields :P Lol

Ayrilana
06-14-2011, 10:16 PM
I heard that if you run around the bosses enough times they get dizzy and stop attacking.

/sarcasm

Otukura
06-14-2011, 10:19 PM
I heard that if you run around the bosses enough times they get dizzy and stop attacking.

/sarcasm

Have you tested that? You sure you didn't use some stomp/beckon/hs or other stun ability?

Raulur
06-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Anytime you see somebody say that in-game, save yourself the trouble and find another game. If they believe that, then they probably do not know many strategies.

Fyrce
06-15-2011, 02:31 AM
I actually try to tell these people it's not true, but yeah, lots of times I get shouted down. LOL.
If, of course, they are interfering with the group run, it's time to boot or go.
Thank goodness I don't see that many of these people. They sure are hilarious though.

Redbridge
06-15-2011, 03:44 AM
Had the same this week too..... Where does this kind of stuff come from? Lol

Check out this link for more myths....http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?21600-The-Stupid-In-Game-Rumors-Thread/page2&highlight=Myth

WhoIsThis
06-15-2011, 05:19 AM
It's become an entrenched rumour, spreading like gossip. Some of these rumours are bizzare.

Extinguishing it will be challenging, because so many people have heard about it.

To all players reading this:
There is no relationship between your usage of a mana shield and the powers of any AO3 boss.
- The keeper's shield deploys after a fixed period; the only way to stop this is to kill him fast (ideally with several birds)
- Using the mana shield in crush the keeper does not assure that King Mynas will show up nor does it buff him (not sure how this one came about)
- The mana shield does not cause Gurgox to growl more often
- The overlord's shield can only be breached by blast shot or be blowing barrels when he is near them - using a mana shield does not make him stronger

Also, using the mana shield does not increase the probability of receiving a critical hit nor does it lower your dodge (somebody said this to me once in game).

So feel free to use the mana shield - just keep a few pots when the shield is inevitably overwhelmed.

Edit:

Before I forget, mana shield does not buff T'paxx in any way nor does it release the prisoners in Captive Audience. Accidental AOE though, can release prisoners and it's easy to accidentally release one. Chances are, if you see a player deliberately releasing prisoners, they are probably on a quest (Sizoo gives a quest for the level and there are the shadow quests for Cyber gear).

JaytB
06-15-2011, 05:32 AM
Had the same this week too..... Where does this kind of stuff come from? Lol

Check out this link for more myths....http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?21600-The-Stupid-In-Game-Rumors-Thread/page2&highlight=Myth

I wish this could be stickied. This way we could point people to the forum and they wouldn't have to search too long for it.

Hankomachos
06-15-2011, 06:31 AM
Someone told me not to use my mana shielldd or else ksarr would cast his. So I didn't for the next 5 mins or so and all he did was cast his shield. :confused: lol

Fyrce
06-15-2011, 12:13 PM
I think there are some people who just like to cry wolf. You can see it in forums as well sometimes.

Arterra
06-15-2011, 12:27 PM
why dont people just take this game at face value... what it says it does, it does. there are very few, if any, hidden features locked away in our spells or in mobs.

WhoIsThis
06-15-2011, 03:45 PM
why dont people just take this game at face value... what it says it does, it does. there are very few, if any, hidden features locked away in our spells or in mobs.

Well, there are a procs here and there. Revive also gives a slight buff. Still, there's nothing that is game changing.

StompArtist
06-15-2011, 03:46 PM
It is true! Also make sure you do not have any weapon equipped, are wearing a sombrero and a level 1 armor, preferably blue. Else the Keeper will actually fight with you!

Pandamoni
06-15-2011, 03:53 PM
It is true! Also make sure you do not have any weapon equipped, are wearing a sombrero and a level 1 armor, preferably blue. Else the Keeper will actually fight with you!

Blue Sombrero FTW!

No, as others have said, it's not true. But good for you for coming here and checking before you continue to perpetuate an unfounded rumor. Welcome to the community!

thugimmortal
06-15-2011, 03:56 PM

Lmao stomp :)

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk