PDA

View Full Version : Problem posting on ipad

Violentsaint
06-14-2011, 05:42 PM
The full site seems to work in iPad fine, but as soon as I type in a reply and try to send it, the quick reply and go advanced buttons don't work. I have to switch to mobile to be able to post.

I havnt posted on the forums in ages so I'm not sure if ur aware of the problem or not. I believe there's an app u can download for the forum but it's a payed app.

Do you have to buy the app or somthin to be able to post on the full site?

Survivorfan
06-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Which iPad do you have? I'm on 2 and it was perfectly fine, I just tried it this morning.
Also, YOUR BACK!! I haven't seen you in ages!

Samhayne
06-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Hmm I don't have all the advanced controls, but posting from iPad seems fine to me.

Violentsaint
06-15-2011, 04:19 AM
im using ipad 1

JaytB
06-15-2011, 04:35 AM
I'm also on iPad 1, and it seems to be working fine here.

superglut2
06-15-2011, 04:39 AM
i have ipad and i have same bug

Violentsaint
06-15-2011, 04:40 AM
Strange.. Won't let me post unless I switch to mobile version of the site...

JaytB
06-15-2011, 04:41 AM
Just double-checking, since I was on PC when I made my previous post.

Edit: yup, posting with 'quick reply' and editing just works.

What firmware are you guys on? Is it the latest version?

Violentsaint
06-15-2011, 05:05 AM
I havnt updated firmware since I bought my iPad.

I've just been downloading apps strait onto my iPad.. So I've never really needed too.

JaytB
06-15-2011, 05:08 AM
I havnt updated firmware since I bought my iPad.

I've just been downloading apps strait onto my iPad.. So I've never really needed too.

My guess is that there could be your problem. The latest version of the firmware sports a completely revamped 'nitro' engine for Safari. This could explain why it works on mine and not on yours.

If you have the chance, I suggest you upgrade to the latest firmware. The 'nitro' engine makes browsing way faster, so it's definitely worth the upgrade :)

Violentsaint
06-15-2011, 05:37 AM
Hmm.. I sync my iPod and my iPad on the same computer. Will apps get messed around if I sync my iPad. And will all my iPod touch apps get synced onto my iPad? cos i dont want that to happen.

JaytB
06-15-2011, 06:32 AM
Hmm.. I sync my iPod and my iPad on the same computer. Will apps get messed around if I sync my iPad. And will all my iPod touch apps get synced onto my iPad? cos i dont want that to happen.

I'm syncing my iPhone and iPad on the same PC too, and they both have their own list of apps. So that's certainly possible. If I remember correctly, I had to disable 'automatically sync new apps' in order to prevent any new app to be installed on both devices. It's a long time ago I did it, but I remember it didn't work as smoothly as it should. But, then again, it maybe does now...

In order to upgrade, I would follow these steps:
1. Plugin your iPod, and disable 'automatically sync new apps' on the 'apps' tab
2. Plugin your iPad, and make a backup
3. Upgrade firmware
4. Restore from backup
5. Use right mouse button on your iPad's device name (in the left pane), and choose 'transfer purchases'. This will transfer all you apps to your PC.
6. If not checked already, make sure 'sync apps' is checked in the 'apps' tab. Also, disable 'automatically sync new apps' on that same tab
7. If iTunes tells you that it will remove certain apps from your iPad when syncing, cancel it, and use 'transfer purchases' again (don't know why, but I needed to repeat this step until I didn't get that message anymore)
8. Sync your iPad

Now, please bear in mind that this is how I remembered it, but I strongly suggest you google it beforehand in order to prevent anything going wrong.

Hope this helps :)

Violentsaint
06-15-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm syncing my iPhone and iPad on the same PC too, and they both have their own list of apps. So that's certainly possible. If I remember correctly, I had to disable 'automatically sync new apps' in order to prevent any new app to be installed on both devices. It's a long time ago I did it, but I remember it didn't work as smoothly as it should. But, then again, it maybe does now...

In order to upgrade, I would follow these steps:
1. Plugin your iPod, and disable 'automatically sync new apps' on the 'apps' tab
2. Plugin your iPad, and make a backup
3. Upgrade firmware
4. Restore from backup
5. Use right mouse button on your iPad's device name (in the left pane), and choose 'transfer purchases'. This will transfer all you apps to your PC.
6. If not checked already, make sure 'sync apps' is checked in the 'apps' tab. Also, disable 'automatically sync new apps' on that same tab
7. If iTunes tells you that it will remove certain apps from your iPad when syncing, cancel it, and use 'transfer purchases' again (don't know why, but I needed to repeat this step until I didn't get that message anymore)
8. Sync your iPad

Now, please bear in mind that this is how I remembered it, but I strongly suggest you google it beforehand in order to prevent anything going wrong.

Hope this helps :)

thanks man.. seems like alot of work just to be able to post on my ipad, when i can just switch the site to mobile version and post..

then again i like the sound of that nitro safari :D

superglut2
06-15-2011, 08:11 AM
mobile version is bugged fr my iphone when im om the go

Samhayne
06-15-2011, 10:33 AM
mobile version is bugged fr my iphone when im om the go

How is it bugged, Superglut2? Can you elaborate on what's being a problem?

Ellyidol
06-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Same here, couldn't post on either iPad / IPhone. Have to switch to mobile version as we speak. Will try and check for firmware updates tomorrow, that might do the trick.

I noticed it ever since the maintenance though, not really sure why..

Samhayne
06-15-2011, 12:50 PM
I noticed it ever since the maintenance though, not really sure why..

The WYSIWYG editor changed after our last maintenance, that's why.

vulgarstrike
06-15-2011, 01:30 PM
I have problems posting on iPad after the new editor update as well.
my firmware is up to date, and it is the iPad 1.
I have tried safari and my own preferred browser, neither of which works anymore in full site mode.

Samhayne
06-15-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm posting on an iPad1 so hmm, something is wrong with your version?

Samhayne
06-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Hmm, check your Safari settings and see if Javascript is turned off?

vulgarstrike
06-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Hmm, check your Safari settings and see if Javascript is turned off?
its not.

i have used Perfect Browser as well as Safari Explorer, neither of which worked after the update.
Sam, no settings changed from before when it worked fine until now. The only difference was the forum editor update which broke it for me.
Obviously there is something about the reply buttons that do not respond anymore.

vulgarstrike
06-15-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm posting on an iPad1 so hmm, something is wrong with your version?

Couldn't possibly. I bought the iPad straight from Apple Store and never had any problems. It is updated with the latest firmware, the latest everything.
It is an iPad First Generation 64 gb Wifi
I have never had problems with it before.

Violentsaint
06-15-2011, 07:29 PM
im going to upgrade firmware now... its taking forever to sync the apps from my ipad onto my computer tho >_<

then i have to download the firmware which will probly take forever aswell..

ill let you know if its working or not when its updated.

from the comments my guess is theres somthing wrong with the forums since its been updated. javascript is turned on in safari so its not that :/

Violentsaint
06-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Downloaded 600mb software update... Still doesn't work...

Ellyidol
06-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Firmware means version right? I'm on 4.3.3 too, still can't post :(

Checked settings too Sam, everything seems the same.

Violentsaint
06-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Firmware means version right? I'm on 4.3.3 too, still can't post :(

Checked settings too Sam, everything seems the same.

im pretty sure its the new forums... i remember being able to post on forums from my ipad when i used to play.

JaytB
06-16-2011, 06:26 PM
im pretty sure its the new forums... i remember being able to post on forums from my ipad when i used to play.Sorry to hear you went through all the trouble updating your iPad, with no results.

What baffles me, is that I can post just fine on my iPad 1, while other people can't O.o

Pokechmp
06-16-2011, 08:12 PM
The full site seems to work in iPad fine, but as soon as I type in a reply and try to send it, the quick reply and go advanced buttons don't work. I have to switch to mobile to be able to post.

I havnt posted on the forums in ages so I'm not sure if ur aware of the problem or not. I believe there's an app u can download for the forum but it's a payed app.

Do you have to buy the app or somthin to be able to post on the full site?
Lemme try this

Samhayne
06-18-2011, 01:27 AM
I think the problem preventing you from posting revolved around the modification we recently added to force you to agree to the forum rules before you could post. I've made some changes to that. For those who were having problems posting, can you please try again and let me know, thanks!

vulgarstrike
06-18-2011, 02:04 AM
still doesn't work in full site version.

symptoms: non responsive post buttons

Samhayne
06-18-2011, 02:34 AM
Ok, thanks Vulgarstrike...back to the drawing board...

JaytB
06-18-2011, 02:39 AM
Ok, thanks Vulgarstrike...back to the drawing board...

Don't forget to sleep from time to time too ;)

LIGHTNINGLORD67
06-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Yep, doesnt work for me too, I have to use my Mac in order to post

Ellyidol
06-22-2011, 12:59 AM
Still experiencing the same, can't post on iPad/iPhone.

Tried restarting device, clear cache, cookies, etc.

And yeah, it's the post button that doesn't seem to work, I reported a post through the devices and they work, just posting :)

vulgarstrike
08-16-2011, 06:39 PM
it works now HA