PDA

View Full Version : No New Guardians in a while?

Zeus
06-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Was just wondering, there has been no new Guardians appointed in a while, many people on the forums definitely fill the requirements thoroughly and go above and beyond. With Guardians going inactive, we are probably going to need more, just a heads up. Lemme know of any criticism or input you have to offer. Constructive Criticism only, please, also no flaming, as usual :).

Roasty
06-14-2011, 09:23 PM
I agree, no new guardians for a while...whoever the future ones are, lol it's definitely NOT me :)

Moogerfooger
06-14-2011, 09:23 PM
I double nominate PartyParth :D

Ooooh shiny new header banner graphic up top!

LADYHADASSA
06-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Was just wondering, there has been no new Guardians appointed in a while, many people on the forums definitely fill the requirements thoroughly and go above and beyond. With Guardians going inactive, we are probably going to need more, just a heads up. Lemme know of any criticism or input you have to offer. Constructive Criticism only, please, also no flaming, as usual :).

now seriously how can anyone flame this post? lol ok peeps that's not a challenge :)

good point range

vulgarstrike
06-14-2011, 09:26 PM
I nominate laquint!
:D
what do you say, oldies?

Moogerfooger
06-14-2011, 09:27 PM
I nominate laquint!
what do you say, oldies?

I say you a) have been huffing ReddyWhip cans again b) were dropped repeatedly on your head as a small child c) just ate a Hefty Bag of mushrooms or d) all of the above.

Roasty
06-14-2011, 09:27 PM
I don't think anyone would flame this post, I mean seriously, what is there to flame about?! But yet again I do take precautions, like you do with flaming, same for my music videos. I want people to know that the ones I make are mine! I'm scared of someone taking the video and posting it to their channel saying it's theirs. I work hard on my videos! And it's too much stress too, so I'm not making ANYMORE! I recently made one this morning, it's gonna be my last :(

vulgarstrike
06-14-2011, 09:30 PM
laquint! whoooo! prime guardian of Alterra!

KingFu
I nominate laquint!
what do you say, oldies?

It's settled then. New guardians: laquint and gwendalin:D

vulgarstrike
it's settled then. New guardians: Laquint and gwendalin:d

omg gwen lol

Moogerfooger
06-14-2011, 09:31 PM
laquint! whoooo! prime guardian of Alterra!

Prime Guardian of Tool, perhaps. Kinda hard to be a GoA when youse is banned in game and on forum simultaneously for monthz lol.

matamurman
06-14-2011, 09:52 PM
I'd love to be a guardian but its kinda hard to add any info about te game or put out flames cause theres 10 people that already helped stop a fight and keep the peace before u even found out about it. That's why I give you guardians much respect for what you'ved earned. While in game I try to help out people when I can that ask for it not force me to help them like joining a game an just fllow me arund saying nothing getting free xp and a nice drop and leave without a thanks.when people get out of hand in a zone where there might be a young kid playing lik my 5yr old daughter that can read. I ask them nicely to stop if that doesn't work I report them and put thm on ignor. And people that ask for help I send them a PM and give them GOD (good orderly direction) and try to help them with there problem. Don't know what ese to do other than be paticent, keep helping, treat everyone with he same respect i' like to be treated with and have fun doing it. Sorry so long

Zeus
06-14-2011, 09:55 PM
I'd love to be a guardian but its kinda hard to add any info about te game or put out flames cause theres 10 people that already helped stop a fight and keep the peace before u even found out about it. That's why I give you guardians much respect for what you'ved earned. While in game I try to help out people when I can that ask for it not force me to help them like joining a game an just fllow me arund saying nothing getting free xp and a nice drop and leave without a thanks.when people get out of hand in a zone where there might be a young kid playing lik my 5yr old daughter that can read. I ask them nicely to stop if that doesn't work I report them and put thm on ignor. And people that ask for help I send them a PM and give them GOD (good orderly direction) and try to help them with there problem. Don't know what ese to do other than be paticent, keep helping, treat everyone with he same respect i' like to be treated with and have fun doing it. Sorry so long

Mat, while it's awesome that you help out people like that. Just a tip for you, don't take offense to it. Saying that your trying to be a Guardian or want to be one publicly is likely to ruin your chances of becoming Guardian :).

CrimsonTider
06-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Kinda goes hand in hand with lack of substantial updates. Just sayin! :)

Xymorg
06-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Plz no new guardians, it seems like there's a "go inactive" proc on that shield. :|

Artemis
06-14-2011, 10:05 PM
#TeamLyric

:P i would be a hero to all the misbehaved kids if i became a Guardian! Thats a "Dreams do come true" moment;)

Otukura
06-14-2011, 10:06 PM
Plz no new guardians, it seems like there's a "go inactive" proc on that shield. :|

I lol'd.

Sam, please make everyone on my ignore list a guardian.

Zeus
06-14-2011, 10:13 PM

That and the PL shield :D. I'm not going inactive, just yet :). Definitely reducing my playing time considerably though, to make room for my online classes (AP Statistics and AP Physics) as well as O&C while patiently waiting for my true love with PL to reignite with a new end game update :D. Sigh, even in summer vacation, it's not really a vacation for me, lol.

Siejo
06-14-2011, 10:30 PM
That and the PL shield :D. I'm not going inactive, just yet :). Definitely reducing my playing time considerably though, to make room for my online classes (AP Statistics and AP Physics) as well as O&C while patiently waiting for my true love with PL to reignite with a new end game update :D. Sigh, even in summer vacation, it's not really a vacation for me, lol.

Better not go inactive hahaha. I just hope some Guardians stick around when Star Legends is finally released. I just have a bad feeling about it becoming a ghost town and the misfits create havoc in Alterra.

Xymorg
06-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Ya, it's actually pretty fitting for legends of the game Pocket Legends to fade into legend in a legendary way.

I'm actually not kidding about the no new GoA advice. We've all seen how prestige dilution kills this sort of thing. The last thing the community needs is a Player-of-the-week award that ppl think they are in line for, & get all emo when they feel passed over <.>

I see a GoA I know in-game about once a week, about as often as I loot a good pink. There's a fitting line from a movie with Incredible superheroes in red tights that is tugging at my pop-culture-referinator, but I refuse to succumb to the triteness 8)

NECROREAPER
06-14-2011, 10:32 PM
I'll gladly take your place parth :D

JK, but in all honesty, I'd love to be a GOA, and not just for the title

Slush
06-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Haha, laquint ftw!

Harmicide
06-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Agree completely.

Slush
06-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Prime Guardian of Tool, perhaps. Kinda hard to be a GoA when youse is banned in game and on forum simultaneously for monthz lol.

Laquint shall rise from the grave...didn't you see his post that was deleted shortly after? He shall return in Blackstar!

Nightarcher
06-15-2011, 12:00 AM
I nominate laquint!
what do you say, oldies?

I say if this happens, we might just need a new order of GOG's: Guardians of Guardians...

Rebel
06-15-2011, 12:04 AM
L.C.O Laquint Containment Operations

Conradin
06-15-2011, 12:20 AM
I actually think PL needs lots of Guardians. Rather then seeing an elite few guardians i invision a large "peace" force of guardians that help spend kindness and welbeing across the ingame world. I think it is too hard of job for 10, 15, or even 25 guardians to promote a better play experience.

Siejo
06-15-2011, 12:31 AM
I actually think PL needs lots of Guardians. Rather then seeing an elite few guardians i invision a large "peace" force of guardians that help spend kindness and welbeing across the ingame world. I think it is too hard of job for 10, 15, or even 25 guardians to promote a better play experience.

With a suspend hammer along with the shield? Since Guardians can't ban at least a suspend for further review if the offender is persistent. Black shades and a special black suit like the MIB wouldn't hurt either ;)

DawnInfinity
06-15-2011, 12:42 AM
With a suspend hammer along with the shield? Since Guardians can't ban at least a suspend for further review if the offender is persistent. Black shades and a special black suit like the MIB wouldn't hurt either ;)
Lmao. MIB is da bomb.

Siejo
06-15-2011, 12:48 AM
Lmao. MIB is da bomb.

All we need now is a photoshop expert:cool:

Redbridge
06-15-2011, 02:09 AM
Good point Parth.... [Check out my new message from yesterday in the Guardians Group, great minds think alike]

It's been a while, eh? It would be nice not to be the newest GoA....lol.

I can think of at least 8-10 that would be perfect but ppl are right there needs to be a balance between enough guardians and it being a rarity.... I think STS have it about right but am really looking forward to the next announcement....

Fingers crossed it'll be soon as there is a lot of content coming up over the next few months and it would be great to have a few extras around....

Looking forward to B*, new level cap in PL and ..... Guilds in both?

It's gonna be an epic month or two...

Ellyidol
06-15-2011, 02:13 AM
It's gonna be an epic month or two...

+1, Sam's been busy improving forums by heaps, I can only imagine what the development team has in store for both games ;)

Fyrce
06-15-2011, 02:26 AM
I don't think GoAs are supposed to be a police force. That sounds very draconian and quit chaotic.

Jespo
06-15-2011, 03:18 AM
I nominate laquint!
what do you say, oldies?

Woah... Never thought I would see that name around anymore

Redbridge
06-15-2011, 03:22 AM
I don't think GoAs are supposed to be a police force. That sounds very draconian and quit chaotic.

I totally agree.... I think were just meant to add a little value to the community, and remember we actually have no powers whatsoever, so we couldn't be a police force even if we tried.

I can't speak for the rest of the guardians but I'm more than happy to welcome any feedback good or bad via PM if anyone feels I step out of line, or overstep my role. STS often give us GoAs a little feedback, and so I can't see a problem with anyone in the community giving some feedback, provided it's constructive.

matamurman
06-15-2011, 03:23 AM
Never said I was trying to be a guardian, said id love to be one same as id love to win 1000 plat not gonna happen. Was just stating how I am in the game and how I respected what u goa's have earned. Cause all of the great info on this website all the time and effort you guys/gals have put into making this game for people to understand and how to play a wide varity of chars and everything else this game has to offer is unmached. There's what almost 100000 post or threads something like that of knowlege of this game from goas and a lot of other people that deserve the title before me. So ill just stick t what I do and that's playing a game I enjoy playing. Thx

WhoIsThis
06-15-2011, 05:45 AM
Right now, it seems that the devs announce guardians in waves, as in several people tend to become guardians in short span of time. Maybe right now, there is a "cooling off" period. The devs may be looking at how the guardians all conduct themselves and perhaps at later date, they'll consider whether the program is worth expanding or not.

Plus, right now, as the issue is so high profile, who gets nominated and who actually makes it becomes a hot button issue. Perhaps not nominating more is the lesser evil in that it creates less room for controversy. I'd rather not see the GoA become a popularity contest, which could happen if more were created now as so many people are eager to prove themselves "worthy". For those who have admitted that they wanted the GoA and are aspiring purely out of self-interest, I applaud your honesty in saying so.

thugimmortal
06-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Im sure the devs will announce them when they feel the time is right and they have found worthy players.

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

jaminn
06-15-2011, 09:33 AM

Lol I know how you feel I have always tried to be nice in game and other than a few friendly supported debates with people I become friends with or people just having a bad day,I have been nice (just the way I am ;))...since day 1 which was the second week of pl. Of course about 3 months ago I was like let's join forums and that's when I learned about the GoA lol if only I had been more involved jk

In truth I have never managed to go to the level of you guys I respect you guys so much as well

Lowlyspy
06-15-2011, 11:07 AM
i nominate thugimmortal for a guardianship :D

Silentarrow
06-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Appolo, what are the requirements? Does it matter how many posts you have on the forums? Also can you give me some tips on how I can become one.

Arterra
06-15-2011, 11:18 AM
I actually dont think outlining your intentions to be a GoA makes it harder for you, or at least it shouldn't. just means you are gonna have to prove yourself that much more.

Conradin
06-15-2011, 11:39 AM
If you truely derserve to become a guardian, you will become a guardian.

Register
06-15-2011, 01:01 PM

Short sweet and to the point....amazing

Pharcyde
06-15-2011, 03:00 PM

It's a divine right :).

Arterra
06-15-2011, 03:01 PM
It's a divine right :).

you are born with the eagle crest birthmark on your shoulder marking your noble blood.

Otukura
06-15-2011, 03:02 PM
you are born with the eagle crest birthmark on your shoulder marking your noble blood.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Pharcyde
06-15-2011, 03:03 PM

*Checks shoulder* aww... *pulls out crest shaped brand and starts to heat it up.*

Arterra
06-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

http://www.galleryoftattoosnow.com/forbiddenimageshosted/images/gallery/medium/eaglewebfinal.jpg

you cant miss it

Whirlzap
06-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Legend says that the Guardian of Alterra was born from a fiery list of posts and a fist that hungered for foruming.
^_^ heh

thugimmortal
06-15-2011, 03:12 PM
http://www.galleryoftattoosnow.com/forbiddenimageshosted/images/gallery/medium/eaglewebfinal.jpg

you cant miss it

Very nice tatoo btw what does the S stand for

Otukura
06-15-2011, 03:18 PM

you cant miss it

Maybe you should post a pic with a sign saying "just for you Otu" so I know it's not from some random website, like that one.

IT DID NOT HAPPEN!

Arterra
06-15-2011, 03:21 PM
it's a birthmark :S how dare you suggest it is a tattoo!!1

S = supah (ran out of ideas)

Arterra
06-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Maybe you should post a pic with a sign saying "just for you Otu" so I know it's not from some random website, like that one.

IT DID NOT HAPPEN!

hmm? what are you using to browse forums that shows images as links?

thugimmortal
06-15-2011, 03:24 PM
it's a birthmark :S how dare you suggest it is a tattoo!!1

S = supah (ran out of ideas)

lol you are truly blessed having a tat... cough birthmark of the mighty eagle

Whirlzap
06-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Me and Arterra are bros.

Arterra
06-15-2011, 03:28 PM
lol no two guardians have the same eagle crest birthmark! LIESSSS!!!!

/backtotopic what started this again?

Pandamoni
06-15-2011, 03:29 PM

Not only that but I know I play for fun and goodtimes. I'd think it would be a bit stressful to feel that you must constantly police town and the game. Regardless of how level headed a person is it might be hard to not start becoming a power-tripper.

Otukura
06-15-2011, 03:29 PM

Tap -- Hold -- view image and the web address is shown as a link, the STS app also shows it as a link unless you tap the post

Or

Right click - view image, same web address thing

thugimmortal
06-15-2011, 03:31 PM

www.galleryoftatoosnow.com

Im truly disapointed lol
it was a good tatoo though

and tapatalk shows link on the tread preview rofl

Duped
06-15-2011, 06:34 PM
Not only that but I know I play for fun and goodtimes. I'd think it would be a bit stressful to feel that you must constantly police town and the game. Regardless of how level headed a person is it might be hard to not start becoming a power-tripper.

Well said! I nominate Pandamoni for Pres! Or at least a guardian! Someone who is level headed, nice, and an all around good gal - most of the time.

Roasty
06-15-2011, 06:38 PM
I honestly don't mind who gets to be the next GoA. As long as they'll treat EVER player they come across respectfully, and follow the rules, goes above and beyond expected, and just be responsible. They're good to go!

Sigkill
06-15-2011, 06:48 PM
I definitely think that the Devs have people in mind for the next GoA's but as many have said if too many are elected it takes away from the positions prestige, and you don't need to be a GoA to help the community.

Cascade
06-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Haha I haven't thought of laquint for a while thanks for the laugh vulgar

vulgarstrike
06-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Haha I haven't thought of laquint for a while thanks for the laugh vulgar
youre... welcome :D

seller
06-15-2011, 07:22 PM
i nominate jpgskill

Slush
06-15-2011, 10:22 PM
*waits for laquint to post*

Conradin
06-15-2011, 10:41 PM
*waits for laquint to post*

Laquints stopped haunting these forum log ago. If he comes back for B* I'll laugh but i think hes just a legend oldies use to excite the newcomers by now.

Ayrilana
06-15-2011, 11:51 PM
http://www.danielrharris.com/pocketlegends/halloween-contest/files/1212/8860/5941/02e67de41.jpg

I don't think he's going anywhere...

Conradin
06-15-2011, 11:56 PM
http://www.danielrharris.com/pocketlegends/halloween-contest/files/1212/8860/5941/02e67de41.jpg

I don't think he's going anywhere...

I remember that photo contest. I wish sts did another. I Love TT :)

Johnaudi
06-16-2011, 12:47 AM
I definitely think that the Devs have people in mind for the next GoA's but as many have said if too many are elected it takes away from the positions prestige, and you don't need to be a GoA to help the community.
I agree :) ,well I am helping the community andd many other people without beein a GoA.
It is hard work tho,naming us GoA is just llike a reward :)

MoarPewPew
06-16-2011, 08:29 AM

Honestly, I don't feel that there needs to be any guardians add due to some of them going inactive. I rather have people earn the spot as a guardian than filling it just because someone goes inactive.

Also, what are a guardians duties on the forums?

Also, I think the title Guardian of Alterra should just be an indicator of a great forum member/role model. (a good example) Nothing more.

Conradin
06-16-2011, 08:33 AM
Honestly, I don't feel that there needs to be any guardians add due to some of them going inactive. I rather have people earn the spot as a guardian than filling it just because someone goes inactive.

Also, I think the title Guardian of Alterra should just be an indicator of a great forum member/role model. (a good
example) Nothing more.

Pew pew pew lazur!!!! Good to see ya on here moar

Ovocotto
06-16-2011, 08:43 AM
Idk Who nominate:)hehe

Johnaudi
06-16-2011, 10:19 AM
I wanna be one so badly to start letting people take me seriously. lol but I have done 3 Guides soo far,Really hard work tho...But remember guys here ar much more who deserve it Like Royce! sadly he is beeing inactive,Altho all of them are mostly beeing inactive...Hope STS will make elections for 5 more :P lol I still dontdeserve it :)

Ayrilana
06-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Guides alone are not the only thing that they look at. I've noticed a sharp increase in the amount of guides that people are making in hopes that this will guarantee them a spot. A lot of these guides are hastily made, incomplete, contain misinformation, and/or regurgitated info from previous guides.

Just keep helping the community and DON'T ask for it or make it your goal of helping only to obtain GOA.

MayhemMonkey
06-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Guides alone are not the only thing that they look at. I've noticed a sharp increase in the amount of guides that people are making in hopes that this will guarantee them a spot. A lot of these guides are hastily made, incomplete, contain misinformation, and/or regurgitated info from previous guides.

Just keep helping the community and DON'T ask for it or make it your goal of helping only to obtain GOA.

+googol

Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk.

Snakespeare
06-16-2011, 11:30 AM

Also, I think the title Guardian of Alterra should just be an indicator of a great forum member/role model. (a good example) Nothing more.

Pew, you are correct. The Guardian Shield is a reward for past role model behavior and is based on their estimation that you are naturally inclined that way and will remain so. The shield can always be taken away. Guardians don't have duties. Remember how the PL Shield they gave ViolentSaint was for a different reason than all other PL Shields? Well, if there were GoAs at the time, VS would have been made one instead. So that's a good jumping off point. I'd say that VS was, in a way, the first Guardian. All other PL Shields were contest prizes. Then, when the Guardian Shield first came out, they awarded a few as contest prizes, which made things confusing. Now, however, it's pretty clear that PL Shields are prizes and Guardian Shields are awards.

But other than be a role model, there is no function of a Guardian. The devs first imagined that they might utilize Guardians to bounce ideas off, or even to test new features and give preliminary feedback. But the place to bounce ideas off certain players (Guardians, oldies, scribes) is hardly used anymore, and beta testing will be done by those who have specific operating systems through certain providers. Practical reality trumped the initial vision. So, I'm not sure there need to be more Guardians, except if they are role models.

I'd rather see more scribes, as there are more people making guides these days, and a vanity for the scribes.

DawnInfinity
06-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Pew, you are correct. The Guardian Shield is a reward for past role model behavior and is based on their estimation that you are naturally inclined that way and will remain so. The shield can always be taken away. Guardians don't have duties. Remember how the PL Shield they gave ViolentSaint was for a different reason than all other PL Shields? Well, if there were GoAs at the time, VS would have been made one instead. So that's a good jumping off point. I'd say that VS was, in a way, the first Guardian. All other PL Shields were contest prizes. Then, when the Guardian Shield first came out, they awarded a few as contest prizes, which made things confusing. Now, however, it's pretty clear that PL Shields are prizes and Guardian Shields are awards.

But other than be a role model, there is no function of a Guardian. The devs first imagined that they might utilize Guardians to bounce ideas off, or even to test new features and give preliminary feedback. But the place to bounce ideas off certain players (Guardians, oldies, scribes) is hardly used anymore, and beta testing will be done by those who have specific operating systems through certain providers. Practical reality trumped the initial vision. So, I'm not sure there need to be more Guardians, except if they are role models.

I'd rather see more scribes, as there are more people making guides these days, and a vanity for the scribes.
I was typing out a long, rambling post, but then I realized what I had wrote was pretty much encompassing what you wrote, Snake.

Xymorg
06-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Stating the obvious:

I just re-read the thread & noticed that everyone I expect to become GoA is already a "Chronicler of Alterra".

Is that now the official designation for GoA candidates?

Sigkill
06-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Stating the obvious:

I just re-read the thread & noticed that everyone I expect to become GoA is already a "Chronicler of Alterra".

Is that now the official designation for GoA candidates?

No Chronicler of Arterra is a reward for the people who helped with the wikipedia page, or typed out that conversation that the devs did a while back. I know quite a few "Chroniclers of Arterra" who in no shape or form should become Guardian of Arterra, And I also know many non- Chronicler's who deserve to be Goa's.

WhoIsThis
06-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Well, it looks like this thread can be put to rest. There have just been new guardians announced.

Congrats to all the new goas.

DawnInfinity
06-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Ahhhhhh

Ayrilana
06-16-2011, 08:51 PM
I guess Parth reminded them :p

Zeus
06-16-2011, 10:14 PM
I guess Parth reminded them :p

I guess I did :D. I feel speshul. :D

vulgarstrike
06-16-2011, 10:15 PM
mannnn

Zeus
06-16-2011, 10:21 PM
mannnn

Hmm?

vulgarstrike
06-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Hmm?
i dunno. im just bored in PL :O

Zeus
06-16-2011, 10:24 PM
i dunno. im just bored in PL :O

Welcome to the club :D. You should be like us Kool Kids and just AFK in towne :D. (Ayrilana, Steph, Me, and a few others :D)

vulgarstrike
06-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Welcome to the club :D. You should be like us Kool Kids and just AFK in towne :D. (Ayrilana, Steph, Me, and a few others :D)

so uh... O&C.....

Zeus
06-16-2011, 10:43 PM
so uh... O&C.....

Good until PL comes with new updates, then I'm back to PL. Just entertaining myself until then :D.

WhoIsThis
06-16-2011, 10:57 PM
Pvp is a whole new world for me still. It feels kind of interesting to be a beginner again.