PDA

View Full Version : using ps3 controller on chromebook

traanekral
01-01-2016, 08:44 AM
hey guys i have connected my ps3 controller to my chromebook but im guessing arcane legends doesnt support it or something. can someone help me out, chromebooks are rubbish so im not able to download certain aps which will allow me to use it help:(

Amicusdei
01-01-2016, 05:45 PM
gamepads are not supported thru the android os, but they will work if you use chrome browser on pc.
i have xpadder and a logitech f310 pad and its much nicer to rely on something other than your thumbs to keep you alive.

Memorials
01-02-2016, 10:14 PM
gamepads are not supported thru the android os, but they will work if you use chrome browser on pc.
i have xpadder and a logitech f310 pad and its much nicer to rely on something other than your thumbs to keep you alive.

Any idea if ps3 controller works with xpadder o.o? please reply if you know

Zylx
01-03-2016, 01:45 AM
I've seen an xbox 360 controller working thru an android phone/tablet via USB OTG cable and then key-mapping to the controller. But playstation i have no clue nor heard.

I've even heard of using a wii controller, but i havent seen it.

Memorials
01-03-2016, 09:45 AM
I've seen an xbox 360 controller working thru an android phone/tablet via USB OTG cable and then key-mapping to the controller. But playstation i have no clue nor heard.

oh okay thanks :) ill see if i can get a ps3 controller to work somehow

Xorrior
01-03-2016, 03:00 PM
Checkout Grawries guide to PC. He takes you through basic steps re : Xbox controller and Xpadder configs and he also has a link to PS3 controller how-to.

Zylx
01-03-2016, 11:40 PM
oh okay thanks :) ill see if i can get a ps3 controller to work somehow

Np. And if you have a smarttv, you can practically turn your device into a console by Bluetooth mirroring your device to the tv and connecting your controller to your device. I know of someone who does this. The only negative is the battery dies quickly and you cant charge your device, unless your device is capable of wireless charging.

As for a pc, you normally have to just plug the controller into the usb port and configure the key-mapping.

Wazakesy
01-04-2016, 12:07 AM

You need Sixaxis controller (the paid app) to pair the ps3 controller with the android, and the OTG. I believe an app called tincore mapper or something allows mapping.

As long as android users have an OTG, with their gamepads i suspect they can use the gamepads. Sometimes users may need root, to create/edit the gamepad's profile for compatibility, or need a specific application as a better assistance for gamepad-gaming.