PDA

View Full Version : Crown of Persistence - uses?

kamikazees
06-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Does anyone actually wear the Crown of Persistence for anything other than vanity reasons? At level 56, a character probably already has one or more sets of Raid, Mega Mage, Fury Fighter or Crafted gear. Because the Crown breaks set bonuses (that's still the case right?), then it's really only useful for extra armor in the event someone doesn't yet need a set bonus (a tank, for example?). I can also see it being useful for dual builds gear switching. Am I missing something?

Any reason for a mage to get the mage Crown and not the dex Crown? Thanks.

thugimmortal
06-16-2011, 01:19 PM
I love my crown of persistance and im proud to wear it.
Its a pitty it doesnt have a set bonus with the lvl 55 sets
im not sure about the int crown but many people choose the dex crown because of the extra hit/crit

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

DawnInfinity
06-16-2011, 04:34 PM
It takes up an extra space in my inventory.

WhoIsThis
06-16-2011, 04:45 PM
At present, it's very useful if you dual spec.

Supposedly, set bonuses will be incorporated at a later date.

JaytB
06-16-2011, 04:49 PM
I use the str crown on my bird, when I need survivability. It replaced my shield/talon set.

I've posted a pic below :)

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/af00138a.png

DawnInfinity
06-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Oh! I used my crown to boost my sets when I was dual spec dex/int.

Moogerfooger
06-16-2011, 05:29 PM
I wear it on my bird for fun (not to mention as part of my rig) and especially the str one for my dual spec warrior, which I sometimes swap in the dex crown from my archer. It has its uses in some decent gear rigs, even if not part of a set.

TANKKAAR
06-16-2011, 05:32 PM
A great poormans tank set is:
Dex crown
Fury axe
Royal plate
Body guards shield
U can typically get all of these items (excluding crown) for less then 350-400k giving it a big bang for your buck!

Moogerfooger
06-16-2011, 05:37 PM
A great poormans tank set is:
Dex crown
Fury axe
Royal plate
Body guards shield
U can typically get all of these items (excluding crown) for less then 350-400k giving it a big bang for your buck!

Agreed. I actually prefer to run with this rig or a slight variant when on my warrior. In skilled hands it is just as good as much more expensive sets, depending on the player.

JaytB
06-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Agreed. I actually prefer to run with this rig or a slight variant when on my warrior. In skilled hands it is just as good as much more expensive sets, depending on the player.

But.. I like the sparkles :D

Moogerfooger
06-16-2011, 05:47 PM
But.. I like the sparkles :D

You paid a whole lot for sparkles that don't make much difference in skilled hands ;)

JaytB
06-16-2011, 05:54 PM
You paid a whole lot for sparkles that don't make much difference in skilled hands ;)

That's why I merchant, so I can just buy sparkles when I want them :)

On top of that, I'm not as pro as you :p

Edit: and I wonder why my spaces keep disappearing when I post something :/

Moogerfooger
06-16-2011, 05:59 PM
That's why I merchant, so I can just buy sparkles when I want them :)

On top of that, I'm not as pro as you :p

Edit: and I wonder why my spaces keep disappearing when I post something :/

Haha, who said I was pro??? Not me. And you are pretty good. But as far as buying sparkles, I could buy two or three Custom sets, I just choose not to because there are other good gear sets out there that do the job too :D

xantor
06-16-2011, 07:53 PM
I have a idea!!! Wait for it..... Wait for it.... Okay here it goes! At the current moment Sewer King, Queen and Royal sewer sets have no set bonus. Even though they are good but still slightly or not way under enchanted mm custom raid or ff set. I'm not even going to get into fort set....either way the crown is recieved in Balefort sewers. It's a quest from the fallen prince. So why not make so that at lvl 56 depending on which one u choose it will give Sewer gear a set bonus!!! And until u get the crown Sewer gear just stays as is? It would also help thoughs of us that dual spec and thoughs that don't!!! And in reply to kungfu yes please make it not sparkle but maybe put off green smoke or something kind of like shadow set does but cooler. :) " high fives himself for not ranting (and being drunk) " ;)

TANKKAAR
06-16-2011, 08:04 PM
I have a idea!!! At the current moment Sewer King, Queen and Royal sewer sets have no set bonus. Even though they are good but, way under enchanted mm custom raid or ff set. It's a quest from the fallen prince. So why not make so that at lvl 56 depending on which one u choose it will give Sewer gear a set bonus!!! And until u get the crown Sewer gear just stays as is? It would also help thoughs of us that dual spec and thoughs that don't!!!

I actually really like this idea! But if they choose to keep cust crown with cust set ect. (which makes complete sense) then I really really hope the set bonus awarded with the crown is better then the one given with just the normal cust cap :-)even if its just a lil bit..... And maybe give me flames instead of smoke & sparkles!

xantor
06-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Nah. No custom enchanted or mm. This should be exclusive for sewer sets. Sewer king -queen - royal sewer sets only since how they have no set bonus. After all it is the fallen prince that gives the crown. Perhaps the non story line of fallen prince that could eventually lead to new end of game content.

CrimsonTider
06-16-2011, 10:26 PM
I use both of mine (cust/fortified) quite often. My tank gear atm is fort crown with sewer king leather/bow. Love it!