PDA

View Full Version : iPad joystick position

Mkcecil
06-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Was just wondering why the joystick is so close to the top of the iPad screen, it was just kinda awkward when trying to play I don't think this is in the right forum section but I just wanted to ask why a post from development team would be great, I can post a screeny later if needed this Is just a question not a problem but any advice on this would be great :)

Roasty
06-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Believe me, when I first got an iPad, it was hard getting used to the new interface. I was so used to my iPod mainly because I've been playing on it for months. Don't worry though, you'll get used to it! It took me 2 months...ugh :mad:

NeoQueen
06-16-2011, 02:18 PM
I kinda like it there cause when I hold the iPad to play it is at the right spot for my thumb. However, it is annoying when i am running with a full group and I keep hitting the bottom player on accident. I can't think of a better place to put it though unless the player names are moved to the top of the screen for iPad, right above the quest notice.

Mkcecil
06-16-2011, 03:55 PM
I kinda like it there cause when I hold the iPad to play it is at the right spot for my thumb. However, it is annoying when i am running with a full group and I keep hitting the bottom player on accident. I can't think of a better place to put it though unless the player names are moved to the top of the screen for iPad, right above the quest notice.

Yeah I would like them to move the bottom player somewhere else for the better use of my joystick....although it isn't bad it just seems like they placed it to high because now I can't even reach my auto attack button or my weapon, whatever they call it. I think my spells are placed to high now just for a better feel of an iPhone so that it feels like a giant iPhone when it's not anywhere near the same size. But I do love that I can now see better and my eyes aren't burning every 30minutes when I'm trying to level a alt or just hang out in the Town... I do not think the small screen helped at all though. Anyway thanks for the Replies :) anymore info or help would be awesome!

NeoQueen
06-16-2011, 04:01 PM
I do have this little problem where I'm using spells and realize that my auto attack isn't on and the fight could have been over five spells ago...definitely a big gap.

JaytB
06-16-2011, 04:37 PM
I can understand why they placed it so high, so u can still operate it while your keyboard is out.

I have 2 problems with that:
1. As said already, it's easy to hit a person's name, making you trying to close that window as soon as possible again. I even know of people who accidentally got booted while the host was trying like crazy to get back in the action :/
2. When I play my Mage, I find it extremely tough to try and time my heal as good as possible. My thumb covers my line of sight to the life bars, so I have no idea when I should heal or not. Personally, I find that even more annoying than the first point.

How could they solve this, the easiest way I can think of right now would be to simply move the names/lifebars more to the right... Or even completely to the top right. That would be perfectly possible given the large size of the iPad screen :)

Roasty
06-16-2011, 08:28 PM
I personally, would rather play on the iPad, or my Nook color. It's just that you know, the interface can be hard to work with. But the graphics are just so worth it...

Ayc2000
06-16-2011, 09:06 PM
I personally, would rather play on the iPad, or my Nook color. It's just that you know, the interface can be hard to work with. But the graphics are just so worth it...
You have an iPod, iPad, and nook color? Woah, you are sooo lucky!

Ive never had a problem with the placement and heve never accidentally clicked another persons name