PDA

View Full Version : X Int= 1 M/S ?

Aegis
04-12-2010, 03:44 PM
How much int for 1 mana regen?

FeralDruid
04-12-2010, 04:02 PM
I dont think its 10, i dumped 10 into INT and got 0 on regen.

Aegis
04-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Definately more than 20 I have 30+ int and only 1 regen

nerdherd
04-12-2010, 04:49 PM
I think the formula that they use for this is a little wacky. I have put all my skill points into my INT and my mana regen has actually gone down as I've leveled up...I started a new enchantress and put my first couple levels of skill points into INT, which gave me a mana regen of 2. I was leveling quickly and didn't allocate any points for the next three or four levels, until I noticed that my mana had stopped regenerating. I went in to my character's stats and my mana regen had dropped to 0! So as I leveled it had dropped. I put all the points back into mana regen and I got it back up to 1, but ever since then it's been stuck at 1. (Maybe last night it went up to 2 after leveling some more...can't remember...).

Sorry for the rant...in short: it's a strange formula that we'll probably never understand unless they come out and tell us :)

Azrael
04-12-2010, 05:17 PM
this game has so much potential but one of the many areas that needs work is the stats system that is currently in place.

_ck
04-12-2010, 06:19 PM
I think the formula that they use for this is a little wacky. I have put all my skill points into my INT and my mana regen has actually gone down as I've leveled up...I started a new enchantress and put my first couple levels of skill points into INT, which gave me a mana regen of 2. I was leveling quickly and didn't allocate any points for the next three or four levels, until I noticed that my mana had stopped regenerating. I went in to my character's stats and my mana regen had dropped to 0! So as I leveled it had dropped. I put all the points back into mana regen and I got it back up to 1, but ever since then it's been stuck at 1. (Maybe last night it went up to 2 after leveling some more...can't remember...).

Some weapons and armor will give you -1 in Mana though in exchange for + in other areas, that could be the reason.

asommers
04-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Sorry about that, we can do something about the display in the next app update. It currently displays integer values, where the regen is actually a small floating point value (so, rounded it becomes 0). It depends on the class, but for the Enchantress, one attribute point spent on Intelligence equates to 0.02 regen (mana per second). 50 intelligence would be 1 mana per second.

-ALS

Aegis
04-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Thank you.

Reisclef
04-13-2010, 02:33 AM
Woohoo! Then I'm up to 1 mps! Not too bad honestly...

Mind you, does mana deplete when you use your base wep on enchantress? I swear I saw it going downwards in a battle without using a spell.

Jetshrike
04-13-2010, 02:35 AM
Yeah i think the enchantresses main attack drains mana very slowly

nerdherd
04-13-2010, 04:45 AM
Yes, using a magic weapon uses your mana. That's why I switched to using a bow:) Also, in relation to my post above, I'm certain that I didn't have any items with +mana regen equipped since I was at level 3.