PDA

View Full Version : Ideas of what should be in Star Legends

ChrisFI
06-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Ive got a few ideas but one ive gotta say...Single Player.

In Star Legends there should be single player because those who dont have 3g or 4g connection wont be able to play it on the go unless they are using a hotspot which ofcourse is like wifi but open to anyone who wants to use it.

So when players cant play online they would be able to do their quests and everything except, ofcourse, there wouldnt be anyone else online (in other words...multiplayer) when they are offline. And when the players go back online the quests and whatever else they have done would be automatically updated online

So it would be like game center. When you play a game offline you still get your achievements but they are stored offline. When you go back online ofcourse the achievements they earned are then stored back online.

Note: when the players are offline they would still have the same amount of gold, quests that are finished, quests that are active, etc. So basically if a player goes offline they would be able to start off where they were last online as if they were playing online except theres no multiplayer.

ChrisFI
06-16-2011, 06:51 PM
P.S. im just taking what i posted from my other account that i dont use anymore and posting it here

Obviously we don't yet know what we are all up for in the new 3D mmo Star Legends: Blackstar Chronicles. :P So here are suggestions:

1. Hopefully it is free(LOL); after you download and install the app, when you open it up and then create a registered account. You'll have to put in your email, password, name and all that. But there SHOULD be a 'username' that has to be created in aspect to the whole account. So instead of having to make a new username for every single character, since there would be a username asscociated with the whole account, even if you make 20 characters, theyd all have the same username.

2. Then by including '1.' I suggest there also be this; When you add someone as a friend, it would be added to every character that you have on your account even if you make a new character after adding that person because it would be associated with the account not just one specific character

3. You know how you can make a warrior, archer, or mage a mage archer or warrior and have the weapons of that type of 'fighter'. Well we should be able to take the skills from the other types of 'fighters' and put it on any type of fighter that we have. For an example, if i want to make a warrior but i also want it to have some mage features to it, then I should be able to take the ' speacil abilities or skills' from a mage and add it to my warrior. Ofcourse there'd still be a limit to how many skills you could have; Which i suggest the same amount of skills as in pocket legends (12).

4. In PvP there should also be another type of game to it which would be Tournament. In this people could fight one another to see who is the best. In the end it would come to two finalists and whoever wins, well, wins the tournament. Now here there should be more than one type of tournament:
1. Team tournament; team based 3v3 games
2. Single tournament; 1v1 based games
Players could make a team and after their match(if they win ofcourse) or if they're waiting for their first match of the tournament, the players would wait until it is time. To do this, after they have won thier match or they are waiting for their first, when time is up a message would pop up where they'd have to tap 'join'. But if all the players of that team doesnt click join within maybe 2-3 minutes the team would either choose to forfiet or play. If however, 2 of the 3 players dont click join it would be an automatic forfiet, not a loss, just a 'back-out' and the team they would face would win by default.

maddogcharlie
06-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Something I can comment on there ChrisFI, the single offline player option I cant (personally) see ever happening with STS. With the potential for hacking massively increased in that kind of system it just wont happen with a game where people purchase items etc. Ive been in the mobile field (not gaming) for a few years and the practicalities of working, secure mesh networks with offline caching and upload on restore are few. Various larger corporations and gov entities have been pouring money into a solution and no one has one that works in the field (you can make anything work in a lab). I know game center went through some troubles with that and the CEO of STS has stated that the ability to ban IP's of home computers will likely be something they look into because of the younger gamers and the need to create a safe and mutually respectfull environment. Just my 2cents but we are a long way from having a secure gaming solution for mobile offline capabilities that works consistently. But none the less a good idea.

maddogcharlie
06-16-2011, 07:06 PM
quote 'I suggest there also be this; When you add someone as a friend, it would be added to every character that you have on your account even if you make a new character after adding that person because it would be associated with the account not just one specific character'

Great idea Im all for that makes a lot of sense :)

Not sure about 3 wow that would be great to explore the combinations possible but might end up with a uber spec which everyone would go for on every character.

Not done any pvp so cant comment on the others sorry

ChrisFI
06-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote but might end up with a uber spec which everyone would go for on every character.
Well actually there are uber specs which people do go for on every character right now. Especially in PvP. Alot of people use the same or similiar builds that other people have. By adding what i suggested would just add even more combinations it wouldnt really make more so that people would copy others builds. If anything it would decrease the amount of people using the same build.

And thanks :) great comment on my single player suggestion ^.^

TheGamer
06-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Hello ChrisFI I am a game beta tester from Texas and ofcourse i like to game. So why wouldnt i be a tester. Somedays i love to come home and play on mobile before i go to sleep. Anyways i found pocket legends by spacetime studios (ofcourse lol) and signed up on the site. I was reading through the forums and found this. I've got to say great ideas. I love them :). And yes, Maddogcharlie, great response. But if game center could do it spacetime could do it. It may take some time to find a secure offline system. However since achievement and what not are stored offline, eventually players would still be caught. When they go back online it may be obvious, in most cases, that they did some kind of hacking.

Anyways great ideas and I comepletely agree with your suggestions and that the company should really look into them.

Have fun gaming!!! :)

-Kenny

ChrisFI
06-18-2011, 06:40 PM

Darkfader
06-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Btw, here you asked same for PL and I gave you answer. same thing for this too.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?28807-Ideas-on-what-should-be-in-Pocket-Legends&p=326900#post326900

ChrisFI
06-18-2011, 07:07 PM
maybe sometime in the future a good enough system will be built to create a single player for these types of games
we'll have to see :)

ChrisFI
06-18-2011, 10:14 PM
I've got two more ideas :)
1. in case you forget to add a person you would be able to go to the main menu and there would be a slot that shows recent players met
2. if a player deletes a character that character wont be fully deleted until about a week just in case the player decides that they dont want the character deleted anymore

ChrisFI
06-18-2011, 10:43 PM
another idea yet again :)
after a player buys an item with platinum they should be able to sell it and get back some or all of the platinum back if they dont want it anymore

ChrisFI
06-18-2011, 10:52 PM
ANOTHER idea!!!
if spacetime studios do add pets into the game cuz it has been suggested then the pets could be able to attack also
the player would be able to level up their pets like they do with their character. But the pet would level up slower and would have a lower cap level.
So there would be three types of pets like there are characters. Warrior archer or mage. Players would be able to set their pets skills stats armor and weapons.
This would help players face off enemies by themselves and give them an extra boost to their playing ability

After you make a character there would be another but pet creation and have choices of that pet to be a mage archer or warrior
but the pet wouldnt be given a name

ChrisFI
06-18-2011, 11:04 PM
p.s. all these ideas will be pisted on my PL ideas thread in the PL section

MisterChris
07-30-2011, 09:21 PM
hey look its another one of 5 of my prior threads ;D
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?32202-For-starters-since-its-my-first-thread-(LOL)

just read link XD