PDA

View Full Version : Level 50 sets

Fuey
06-16-2011, 10:58 PM
I just reached level 50 and tried out the Mystery set and proceeded to die a lot using this set. DPS is high but I lost dodge and crit.

Spent just under 200K on the void set. Was that too much?

DPS is lower but I feel less squishy.

Is this the best set to have at level 50?

Otukura
06-16-2011, 11:01 PM
First, congrats on level 50!!

I assume you're talking about the Sunblessed Bow set? There are two void sets, that one is around 200k.

Sentinel would be better, but not by much. If you wait until level 51 you can get full drainers recurve set for survivability, the dodge is high enough a wing isn't necessary. It's cheaper than void also.

Fuey
06-16-2011, 11:56 PM
I have the Overlord's Helmet of the void, Sunblesses Bow of the Void, Wraith of the void

The other set was really unacceptable (the quests were fun getting it but it really didn't get much use - dropped it after a dozen deaths on regular aliens on the keeper's rush level). No point in having the firepower if I couldn't stay alive long enough to use it.

Just stood toe to toe with King mynas and lived with the void set so i'm happy.

Nightarcher
06-17-2011, 02:46 AM
Most of the Void/Cyber/Sentinal gear at level 50 functions pretty much the same for archers, with Sentinal gear having a little edge here and there. Mystery has nice regen, some of the highest in the game anywhere, which is a big plus if you're looking for survival.

Basically, until you get sewers gear, just use a talon & wing set-up for better survival. :)

friedkimchi
06-17-2011, 03:05 AM
Sunblessed all the way!
I only did the mystery quests after I reached 55 on my archer.
Looks nice but I rather take the higher critical over normal damage.
I personally see no point in spending close to 1 million+ on sentinel set. Save money for end game gear.

Check out Physiologic's guides and check out his videos. It's crazy the way he plays.

Fuey
06-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Still continuing my research on what to get. Moved from the Void set to the orange drainers which has higher armor and dodge for survival (I know it has lower dps and crit).

I found that even though the regen on the mystery set is high, enemy normally attack harder than the regen (sewers and shadow caves). I did a little test on the Shadow Lord after an entire party left me to deal with him on my own. The drainers gear could at least take one hit from him so I could spam pots to stay alive and hence managing to solo kite him. The mystery set has higher dps but lower dodge and armor. I died after one hit which can happen if your planning to kite for about 5 mins. I had sold the armor to the void set to get some money. A little sad seeing it go since it's was a good set for Alien Oasis runs at the time.

I should be looking to upgrade my gear at level 53 then 55 right?

Which gear is affordable yet pretty good like the drainers I'm using (emphasis on armor and dodge for surviving - I'm full DEX but don't like being one hit killed by bosses)

Otukura
06-20-2011, 08:56 PM
The difference between 51 and 53 gear is minimal, I'd wait until 55.

In sewers, drainers for survivability and bagmans for damage(on the cheap end of gear, RR & cust are of course better).

Raulur
06-21-2011, 01:03 AM
or underlings if you want damage AND mana regen. For a long time after 51 I used a mix of cyber and sewer items, worked great until I had enough gold for the 4 peice sentinel set. I still use the sentinel talon set at 55, but I use either drainers or underling bows when I need more damage.

Perils
06-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Yea I've noticed that I use drainers

Perils
06-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Drainers set that is, it give me a better armor but I also have a founders helmet that really adds to it. I've played around and mixed with cyber but I'm at lvl 52 and full drainers and my helm makes me pretty much a tank. Cool if it had a set bonus ha.

wvhills
06-21-2011, 01:50 PM
I'd recommend getting rid of the drainers and getting underlings helm and autobow and henchman leathers. Like Raulur said, the underlings will give u crit and damage and henchmans will give you damage and armor. You're armor will be lower than with drainers but check out your damage, dps, and crit. Birds are supposed to be damage dealers so deal some damage!!!

Fuey
06-21-2011, 08:46 PM
lol I can get high damage with the other gear I have, just not being able to stay alive to deal it is what i'm trying to find the balance with. It's getting progressively easier though.

Fuey
06-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Just spent over 50K on your suggestion to see Rob and and I disagree with your suggestion.

Your suggestion + one ring made:
Hit: 140
crit: 24
dodge: 5
Health Regen: 3
Mana regen: 6
Damage: 203-248
DPS: 226
Armor:83

Mine of two drainers and 1 bagman + 1 ring made:
Hit: 130
Crit: 18
Dodge: 17
Health Regen: 15
Mana regen: 0
Damage: 196-241
DPS: 257
Armor: 87

OrangeDreams
06-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Don't waste money of 53 sewers stuff. There no set bonuses on sewers gear until 55 so I'd mix and match different l51 sewers until you get the balance you want. I've done that right now with my mage and I am VERY happy with the result, and very glad I didn't blow money on the glow stick set.

Fuey
06-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I'm happy with my balance of damage and survival too as I rarely die now and think I can still get some damage out there. Just trying to fine tune between cost and getting the most balanced gear to survive the servers weather it be in a party or solo.

Now off to sell the stuff I just bought