PDA

View Full Version : 800 platinum

Mkcecil
06-17-2011, 12:53 AM
Hey forum I was Gunna ask you about the 800 plat because I want to buy it but it's kinda high priced ( for me anyways ) and was wondering if anyone has bought that much because I have bought plat in the past and want to have a decent amount when the new star legends comes out, but was wondering if you guys think it might be a good investment... I have bought the 20.00 dollar plat in the past and it starts to add up when you only get 165 for almost half the cost of 800 plat. Does anyone have some really good input on there experience on wether it is worth The 50$ or not? I do the free plat every time it comes up too, so it's not like I buy all my play ;)

Siejo
06-17-2011, 12:57 AM
I purchased it when the elixir revamp was done and still have plenty left. It is a good deal and definitely worth it in the long run.

Orcish
06-17-2011, 01:00 AM
I myself always purchase 2k, you get a lot more for your buck. I would save your $ and buy the 2k worth, that is if you can wait.

friedkimchi
06-17-2011, 07:47 AM
I recently bought the $20 plat set. It finished so fast after I upgraded slots, rings, vanity, maps for 3 of my characters.
The most bang for buck will the the 2000 plat set, you will have trouble using all of it.

I regret not buying the 2000 plat set instead. So I just purchased it and am now waiting for papypal to process it.
3 days is a long wait. :banana:

kallima
06-17-2011, 08:06 AM
They used to have the option for 300 plat and that lasted me forever until I created new characters. I then bought 800 plat on 4/19/11 and still have roughly 756 plat. Most of my plat I used was to purchase name reservation on Star Legends, inventory, slash slots for alternate characters, and vanity items.

However, with Star Legends impending release I regret not going for the 2000 platinum. Also buy directly from Pocket Legends site as I think ITunes or Android market get a cut of any purchases. I could be wrong, but I err on the side of caution to line the devs pockets with as much money as possible! :)

superglut2
06-17-2011, 08:55 AM
i just bought 800 plat just fir xp pots.

Conradin
06-17-2011, 09:00 AM
I have been arohnd since the second week of april 2010 ad i have used about 700 plat- before it was free. And campaigns in B* are free too. So 800 is plenty.

Swimmingstar
06-17-2011, 09:05 AM
I don't buy any of my plat all I do is do the offers once in a while so I can't help much but I reccomend buying as much as you need

Arterra
06-17-2011, 09:08 AM
I have bought maybe 3 $20 packs, but if I get one 800 Plat package is better

Do you want to pay more over time or a one time investment?

vulgarstrike
06-17-2011, 09:13 AM
honestly, I don't think buying any plat is worthy of purchase right now. the game has stalled for a couple months, and there isn't anything to spend on either than leveling or vanity. I would wait and see how the new content plays out before buying anything. Ive used 250 plat my whole PL career. it has lasted me fine, and I had to buy maps too! only thing is, now all the good sliders are plat based, which is a good marketing ploy by STS but not so great if you look at how much it costs. it's like 2-3 dollars for 30 minutes of better play!

matamurman
06-17-2011, 09:15 AM
I blew threw 800 plat very fast, used most of it on reviving myself during grougux fights when u can't hear his growls lol! But 800 is a good deal when u don't have enough for 2k plat.

Mkcecil
06-17-2011, 09:16 AM
I think I might buy this 800 set when I get paid I think it looks like it's a better investment, I have bought the 20$ sets and thought it would be better but it's just adding up and I'm losing plat alot faster so I think I will buy it thank you guys for the info :)

Arterra
06-17-2011, 10:45 AM
I blew threw 800 plat very fast, used most of it on reviving myself during grougux fights when u can't hear his growls lol! But 800 is a good deal when u don't have enough for 2k plat.

that i will never do. better to just find a team that can revive you xD

Rinlocke
06-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Platinum you buy from Procket Legends transfers to Star Legends?

Arterra
06-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Platinum you buy from Procket Legends transfers to Star Legends?

yes and all future games.

StompArtist
06-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Revving for plat is probably the 2nd worst investment one can do. Just after gold for plat. lol

Snakespeare
06-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Yes, I got the 800 plat, but I bought it on a day when I got a surprise bonus so it didn't affect my family budget. I've used quite a few of them, but I still have 250 or so left. I am saving those for Star Legends. The spendiest things I got were inventory slots for 3 mules to max them out at 500 each, two renames (I turned my old main into a twink and a twink into my new main, more or less swapping their names), and name reservation for Star Legends. With that much plat I was also able to make a twink for each campaign and get them some plat gear, and each twink got a new face.

I don't waste plat on revs or elixirs. I believe the wiser thing to do is to increase your armor and kite a lot (birds that means talons, mages that means wands). This way I don't die as often, but if I do, I walk back (if not rez'd). I also know the trick about getting double xp from red threats, so why waste plat on elixirs?

If you can afford it and you plan on playing Pocket Legends, Star Legends, Dark Legends* , and Legends of the West* for the next year or so, then it is for you.

* = they have announced intent to make a vampire and a cowboy game, too, but I am guessing at the names.

neko
06-17-2011, 11:35 AM
I've purchased the 800 (and 75 from when I started) plat bundle from their website and have used it primarily to reserve my names, rings and other in game upgrades. If nothing else, $50 is a reasonable price for the countless hours I've enjoyed playing this game. Support your devs!

Mkcecil
06-17-2011, 01:06 PM
I've purchased the 800 (and 75 from when I started) plat bundle from their website and have used it primarily to reserve my names, rings and other in game upgrades. If nothing else, $50 is a reasonable price for the countless hours I've enjoyed playing this game. Support your devs!

Yeah it's just I'm kinda low on cash but I love that the devs and there willingness to help the community and they don't pretend there better than us, and they don't try to milk the heck out of there loyal players/customers. I sometimes buy the 4set pink gear for my 20 character...(only bought for one character) but my main reason is to have a decent amount of plat for when star legends comes out :) thank you for all the replies there really helpful. Another experiences or advice is welcome!