PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing encounter in game

AnRK
06-17-2011, 01:04 AM
Don't know if this is a common thing in PL but it really disturbed and offended me at the same time. This hasn't happened to any of my friends so I'm sending a shout out to anyone for some advice.

A few nights ago I was soloing with my mage when 4 others joined the game half way through (yeah!). When we finished off one of the big bosses one of the other players started demanding money from me via public chat. When I asked what he was talking about he stated that while the boss was being killed him & I had traded something but I took the item without paying. When I told him that he must have mistaken me for one of the other players he then proclaimed that I was a thief and he was going to tell everyone about it & warn people about me. I stated that I don't trade (which I don't - I usually gift items I don't need to lower level strangers or just sell them). I also mentioned that the boss was aggroing on me so I was always on the move - can't do that & trade at the same time - duh. He continued on about how he was going to ruin my reputation for cheating him out of his gold until I finally had enough (as this was all via public chat still) so I booted him from the game. Thank the Bob Almighty it was my game. I was so shocked by this encounter that when the level was clear I logged off PL until I could settle down. After so many years of playing MMORPGs online I had never experienced anything like that before so wasn't really sure what to do, beyond the booting.

Any suggestions or advice from some of the old timers? Is there anything one can do about harrassment like that?

Twinkman
06-17-2011, 01:09 AM
i feel for ya man.. but i dont know wat u could do...
Just remember that the person on the other end of that screen must be feeling like an idiot and ignorant after u booted him lol.
Also if anything else happens dont post on forums and email the devs support@spacetimestudios.com and if u can send screen shots for extra proof

Piosidon
06-17-2011, 01:56 AM
Or add him to your ignore list if you see him again

skavenger216
06-17-2011, 02:46 AM
As other have said, reporting and sending an email to support is about all you can do.

JaytB
06-17-2011, 03:16 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about it really. You can find trolls everywhere.

As said already, the best thing for you to do is report him and ignore him. IMO, making claims like that troll did falls under 'taking away the fun for other players', or might even be considered scamming, if he demanded gold for no reason. The devs have very little tolerance for these things.

Send a mail to support, or use the '/report' function in game. Devs can check transactions and chat logs and will take the appropriate action :)

Gaddy
06-17-2011, 03:21 AM
There are a few "weird" (for lack of a better term) bullies in PL.

People who seem to think that the empty threat of "reporting you" is a valid scare tactic.

I really don't understand this, but it exists...

Best to just ignore them.

Fyrce
06-17-2011, 03:28 AM
Sounds like a scam. In the future, if you did not do it, don't let anyone convince you differently. There are bullies in the game and I don't put anything past them.

I had someone (with a forum member's name in fact -- just checked to make sure spelling -- at least a match, which doesn't necessarily mean same) back in Feb just suddenly out of blue claim I cheated him out of an item. I also do not trade much (like almost never), mostly gifting or selling in CS. I told him I didn't know what he was talking about and screenshotted it, since he also hadn't purchased anything off CS from me that I could see. I even asked chat whether it was a new scam. He finally left but it was disturbing since he was also cursing.

I remember now cause I just DL'd bunch of screenshots and it's depressing how many cursing and scam ones I've got.

Report him and ignore him.

You can report him even today. To report if a person isn't near enough to get the menu up, use /report <name>
I think you can enter a reason, which maybe should include the time of the incident. You can also email support w/ more information about the incident. They can at least check to see whether this guy is doing it to other people or if the incident rises to one they have to deal with.

I think if anything disturbs you during play, you should consider reporting, ignore and boot. They are there for protection as well as game play. And then go onto the forums and chat to get some comforting. I admit to having some disturbing incidents that required some immediate handholding. Thank goodness really for this website.

Samhayne
06-17-2011, 05:00 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about it really. You can find trolls everywhere.

As said already, the best thing for you to do is report him and ignore him. IMO, making claims like that troll did falls under 'taking away the fun for other players', or might even be considered scamming, if he demanded gold for no reason. The devs have very little tolerance for these things.

Send a mail to support, or use the '/report' function in game. Devs can check transactions and chat logs and will take the appropriate action :)

JaytB has it right.

Don't let the turkey get you down. Whatever lunacy is going through their brain is their problem, not yours.

Report (via the button when you tap on them in game) then Ignore them (go to your Friends list and add to the Ignore section) and get back to having fun in Pocket Legends!

Ovocotto
06-17-2011, 07:04 AM
If u find he or she u can ignore or report:)

Ovocotto
06-17-2011, 07:05 AM
Again:)

StompArtist
06-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Don't know if this is a common thing in PL but it really disturbed and offended me at the same time. This hasn't happened to any of my friends so I'm sending a shout out to anyone for some advice.

A few nights ago I was soloing with my mage when 4 others joined the game half way through (yeah!). When we finished off one of the big bosses one of the other players started demanding money from me via public chat. When I asked what he was talking about he stated that while the boss was being killed him & I had traded something but I took the item without paying. When I told him that he must have mistaken me for one of the other players he then proclaimed that I was a thief and he was going to tell everyone about it & warn people about me. I stated that I don't trade (which I don't - I usually gift items I don't need to lower level strangers or just sell them). I also mentioned that the boss was aggroing on me so I was always on the move - can't do that & trade at the same time - duh. He continued on about how he was going to ruin my reputation for cheating him out of his gold until I finally had enough (as this was all via public chat still) so I booted him from the game. Thank the Bob Almighty it was my game. I was so shocked by this encounter that when the level was clear I logged off PL until I could settle down. After so many years of playing MMORPGs online I had never experienced anything like that before so wasn't really sure what to do, beyond the booting.

Any suggestions or advice from some of the old timers? Is there anything one can do about harrassment like that?

The ignore button is your friend :D

Arterra
06-17-2011, 08:47 AM
The ignore button is your friend :D

im against this. if he finds you in a town and starts spamming fake info on you, you might want to know about it.

Twinkman
06-17-2011, 08:52 AM
im against this. if he finds you in a town and starts spamming fake info on you, you might want to know about it.finally someone agrees with my theory lol

superglut2
06-17-2011, 08:54 AM
just ignore and report.

StompArtist
06-17-2011, 08:57 AM
im against this. if he finds you in a town and starts spamming fake info on you, you might want to know about it.

I could'nt care less what vile lies are spread about me in a game! LOL

Whirlzap
06-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Yeah, I admire how you don't mention names here.
I mean people will always be there to ruin your play, just ignore them, and if it helps, I also got a few flames from someone I booted last night from a full game, I usually just wait till they finish flaming/spamming me, then silently laugh at it, and let ignore take the job.

Noctale
06-17-2011, 01:54 PM
*I was so shocked by this encounter that when the level was clear I logged of PL until I could settle down.*

Lol.

Girl, I could do things to you that would give you a heart-attack. Mmm...

Zeus
06-17-2011, 02:27 PM
*I was so shocked by this encounter that when the level was clear I logged of PL until I could settle down.*

Lol.

Lol, seriously? I admit, I lol'd :D, got to give you credit for that.

Derajdefyre
06-17-2011, 02:28 PM
While this is extreme, lesser negative encounters are extremely common. As Sam said, boot, ignore, move on with life. One person, especially one person who is lying, can do NOTHING to ruin your reputation.

AnRK
06-17-2011, 02:37 PM
Thanks guys for the info. :D Since I had written the guy's name down I reported him via PL and hopefully if enough people report him he'll eventually get banned if he does this to others. Being a mod & known player on battle.net in the Diablo/Starcraft days a rep (especially when you were a legit player) was something that you nurtured & defended in the channels. I naturally fell back into that mentality when he threatened my rep, even though PL doesn't have the same culture, per say. Silly, I know. Either way I appreciate the help.

:o)

AnRK
06-17-2011, 02:40 PM
email the devs support@spacetimestudios.com and if u can send screen shots for extra proof

Wish I could take screenshots but I play with my android and that is too much of a convoluted process. But emailing the devs is always an easy process. Thanks for the addie!

Redbridge
06-17-2011, 02:42 PM
What everyone else said.....

Also bear in mind that every single letter of chat and every single transaction is recorded in game.

If you aint done nothing wrong there's nothing to worry about.

All STS need is a name and time/date. A report at the time does both.

AnRK
06-17-2011, 02:43 PM

Oh, I highly doubt that, but nice try! ;oP

jaminn
06-17-2011, 03:05 PM
This is actually quite a common scamming process/blackmail that people use to get unearned money

This actually reminds me of a time I had to log off to calm down...wasn't quite the same...I was lvl 10 winter farming with my friend...and he tried to msg me but he must have accidentally boot me because later I joined a second gsme and said lolz u must have booted me instead of msging...he got really angry at that and ignored me,booted me,and un friended me :(

Zeus
06-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Oh, I highly doubt that, but nice try! ;oP

Two words for Noctale. Shut DOWN! :D

Fyrce
06-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Didn't realize it was common, jaminn, but good to know.

I have a screenshot of getting booted from a winter festival game after I got a pink. LOL.

Register
06-17-2011, 03:45 PM
wow hes a....a.....disturbing person.
Dont worry about it! Let him report you if he wishes and he would just end up in trouble for false reporting. Personally, i dont ignore ANYBODY unless they are being disturbing to nobody in particular. I do that because i find it interesting to see what kind of empty threats, odd claims, or fail insults they have.
But dont worry bout it.
That guys just a jerk who wants to make fun of you. I think the point was to make you nervous or feel bad so he can sit there and laugh at you.

Snakespeare
06-17-2011, 03:48 PM
No need for screenshots at all. That's old school. Now the devs have tools that let them search up the chat you were talking about, and they know about trades, too. SOooooo... since you made no trade and in his chat he tries to scam you, they will surely ban him.