PDA

View Full Version : Kinda irritating

SVTcobra
06-17-2011, 03:30 AM
Well I've been playing for about 2 hours straight when I could be sleeping to see if I can get some pink items that are actually worth something. I rarely got any pinks and even if I did it isn't worth much. How is it that other people gets good and expensive pink items but I can't? Am I doing something wrong? Hmm...

Tamino
06-17-2011, 03:45 AM
Where are you playing and what level you are?

JaytB
06-17-2011, 03:51 AM
Well I've been playing for about 2 hours straight when I could be sleeping to see if I can get some pink items that are actually worth something. I rarely got any pinks and even if I did it isn't worth much. How is it that other people gets good and expensive pink items but I can't? Am I doing something wrong? Hmm...

2 hours without a pink you say? I used to farm for at least 3-4 hours a day (sometimes even way longer than that) and didn't get 1 pink for about 2 months o.O

Then, all of a sudden I got 4 pinks in 1 hour. It's all luck really. I can understand it can feel a bit frustrating at times, especially when you see everyone else get the good stuff. But if you just keep farming, your luck is bound to change sooner or later :)

But that's probably not going to happen in a measly 2 hours :)

Roc
06-17-2011, 04:04 AM
Sometimes I find it helps to not chant "pink, pink, pink," even when I am farming. That way, you can find other enjoyment in the game and when a pink does come (I say "when" and not "if" because eventually.... eventually pinks do drop) it's like a surprise. This is coming from someone who totally understands :) I've spent plenty of nights in ill-lit rooms playing PL in the hopes of a drop.

friedkimchi
06-17-2011, 05:03 AM
I find using an elixir helps.

CrimsonTider
06-17-2011, 06:44 AM
Hey man! Haven't seen ya on in a while! Send me a message in game and we can talk. Like the others said, it can take a long time to get a good drop. Just be patient and it will happen when you least expect it.

SVTcobra
06-17-2011, 07:00 AM
I finally got one that's worth 12k lol

SVTcobra
06-17-2011, 07:02 AM
Hey man! Haven't seen ya on in a while! Send me a message in game and we can talk. Like the others said, it can take a long time to get a good drop. Just be patient and it will happen when you least expect it.

I've been using my other characters. Add me: FSPD and SVTcobra

I think you have my third one saved on your friends list. Razorbckz

SVTcobra
06-17-2011, 07:11 AM
Where are you playing and what level you are?

I play in oasis maps. I'm lvl 37 almost lvl 38

neko
06-17-2011, 11:56 AM
2 hours without a pink you say? I used to farm for at least 3-4 hours a day (sometimes even way longer than that) and didn't get 1 pink for about 2 months o.O

Then, all of a sudden I got 4 pinks in 1 hour. It's all luck really. I can understand it can feel a bit frustrating at times, especially when you see everyone else get the good stuff. But if you just keep farming, your luck is bound to change sooner or later :)

But that's probably not going to happen in a measly 2 hours :)

I can vouch for JaytB as I was in at least two of those runs (MM Robe and Bracer). I'm pretty sure I was his pink horseshoe at the time.

If the original poster was playing in Sewers, the drop rates are notoriously low. Please hang in there. Really, the drop rates and to who it's awarded are all random. Play long (and I mean long) enough and it'll happen. Further, playing the game with intentions of getting a valuable pink drop will just set you up for a disappointment. Instead, try to play the game with lowered expectations. When one drops, to you or your teammates alike, it'll be quite the pleasant surprise.

SVTcobra
06-17-2011, 03:51 PM
I have no disappointments about this game. This is a well put together game. Especially for a little iPhone game. I was just saying... Just this one time I was looking for pinks, I didn't really get none that was valuable. I dis get one. I guess I was just experimenting on how lucky I would get. Lol

Orcish
06-17-2011, 03:55 PM
I can vouch for JaytB as I was in at least two of those runs (MM Robe and Bracer). I'm pretty sure I was his pink horseshoe at the time. If the original poster was playing in Sewers, the drop rates are notoriously low. Please hang in there. Really, the drop rates and to who it's awarded are all random. Play long (and I mean long) enough and it'll happen. Further, playing the game with intentions of getting a valuable pink drop will just set you up for a disappointment. Instead, try to play the game with lowered expectations. When one drops, to you or your teammates alike, it'll be quite the pleasant surprise.I 100% agree, I get more pinks from just playing the game vs. farming them. Everyone gets a dry spill from time to time.

JaytB
06-17-2011, 04:12 PM
I can vouch for JaytB as I was in at least two of those runs (MM Robe and Bracer). I'm pretty sure I was his pink horseshoe at the time.

If the original poster was playing in Sewers, the drop rates are notoriously low. Please hang in there. Really, the drop rates and to who it's awarded are all random. Play long (and I mean long) enough and it'll happen. Further, playing the game with intentions of getting a valuable pink drop will just set you up for a disappointment. Instead, try to play the game with lowered expectations. When one drops, to you or your teammates alike, it'll be quite the pleasant surprise.

True words spoken. When we run together I always have fun. If a pink drops that's just the icing on the cake.

Although I used to run just for pinks, I found out that running with friends who enjoy playing to game and goofing around is really way more fun.

I always get at least some serious laughs every single time when I do runs with them. And, in the end, what it's all about, is having fun :)

My advice would be, find some cool friends to hang out and farm with. I'll bet you come to a point where you even get genuinely happy when one of them get a pink instead of you. And, on top of that, 2 hours can feel like 2 minutes, when not thinking all the time about that pink you might get :)

SVTcobra
06-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Agreed. Like I said, it was just that one time when I actually did try to look for pinks. I guess what I'm trying to say is that they meant it with they said pinks are rare!! Lol hence the legendary status.

I do enjoy the game. Especially when I'm playing with friends. Unfortunately I don't have the time to play for hours and hours like the most of you. :( I have a business to run and have family to take care of. Only time when I get to play is at night time. But then I'm usually ready to pass out for the night. Lol

Btw: feel free to add me. Razorbckz, svtcobra, and FSPD