PDA

View Full Version : Best Possible DPS Setup

kinawarrior
06-17-2011, 07:54 AM
I'm wondering what the best possible DPS setup is (and I mean acutal damage, not what the DPS number shows on the screen). I'm figuring it is a bird with a bow, but am curious to hear other's ideas. I do understand a bird with a dagger is going to show the highest dps possible on screen, but I think that actual DPS of the dagger is not that good, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I would want to hear everyone's dps setups and wonder how they compare to, say, a 56 birdie running around.

I have a 55 warrior that I have a tank setup (max armor / dodge), and a zerker setup (his armor drops to below 100, but his dps rises to around 250 with gurg hammer). This is definately not optimal for a bear, but I can usually make it work for all bosses. I dont' dare use it when clearing the maps and pulling trains.

So, what do the pallies, bears (with better gear than mine), and birds have for their pure dps setups? I am looking for a character that is just inaliates mobs, and am assuming my 47 bird is the one to level up for that purpose, but wanted to make sure. Pally with a pure dps setup sounds fun also :)

Rauyran
06-17-2011, 08:10 AM
I think the actual DPS of a dagger is accurate but it's made up of a large number of small damage hits whereas a Gurgox hammer is small number of high damage hits because it's so slow. The actual damage you do per hit is important because a it is reduced by armor. DPS is really saying what the damage per second would be if your target had no armor. With armor the actual damage caused will be a lot less for a dagger.

if you want more info on which weapons give which DPS, check out the wiki pages I put together. For example:

http://pocketlegends.wikia.com/wiki/Gurgox_Hammer_of_the_Rift

or

http://pocketlegends.wikia.com/wiki/Fury_Fighter_Royal_Sewer_Hammer_Set

Loads more weapons here: http://pocketlegends.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Weapons

kinawarrior
06-17-2011, 08:21 AM
I love the damager per zombie stat, very cool :)

nice wiki stuff, I'll browse around there for a bit.

I would still like the real world experiences though please.

JaytB
06-17-2011, 08:43 AM
I looked at all the numbers but, as you said, real world experience is more important IMO.

In my experience, the best possible gear to take down just about anything the quickest way possible is a custom set for birds. Now the dps is certainly not the highest, but the total damage output is. Again, I'm not talking numbers here, I'm just talking real world experience. The crit% more then make up for the lower dmg as compared to a few different setups.

Just to clarify, crit% means you have a chance to an extra roll of dmg on top of your normal dmg. It's almost like you're hitting the enemy 2x with 1 skill/arrow, thus almost doubling the dmg dealt.

I've pasted a screenshot of this setup below. Note that I'm using a ring (2%crit, 10dmg)...

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/cc25ea00.png

Hope this helps :)

edit: I use this set on my dual spec bear too, and it simply rocks :banana:

superglut2
06-17-2011, 08:55 AM
crafted lvl 50 gear for bird , pure dex build with a few hundred mana pots.

JaytB
06-17-2011, 09:06 AM
crafted lvl 50 gear for bird , pure dex build with a few hundred mana pots.I'm pretty sure you meant lv55 gear :)

Register
06-17-2011, 09:07 AM
the very highest dps is a dex bear with a metalic stilleto of destiny i believe but with very low damage, armor can block out a lot of that high dps.

matamurman
06-17-2011, 09:25 AM
The best damege I've found for my dule spec bear at 55 is mystery armor with fortified sheild and the mighty limbchopper I have a very good base damege and my dps is 217 without rage and armor still at 142. Nothing like groug hammer but very effective when I solo the whol catacombs map minis and boss included, and fastest for me to solo ol as a bear.

Rauyran
06-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Yep, crit is really important when calculating damage dealt.

Still not convinced that customised is worth the (huge!) money compared with standard RR

Register
06-17-2011, 09:32 AM
its possible to get 555 dps i saw somewhere but imagine that with a high crit! you could destroy everything in sight pretty quick.

Rauyran
06-17-2011, 09:35 AM
555? wow. Wonder what that was with. I assume that was with buffs etc.

My mage can get 99% crit using blessing of might which is pretty useful :)

Nightarcher
06-17-2011, 11:02 AM
If you're looking for maximum DPS on the character page, it's a pure Dex bear with a Henchman dagger and full Henchman's gear and damage ring and buffs. For max damage, it's that same bear with a Henchman bow and gear with a damage ring and buffs.

For actual damage output, you gotta look at skills and play style and stats like crit. Birds are naturally the damage-output-based class, but under good conditions both other classes can be just as lethal. :)

Zeus
06-17-2011, 11:05 AM
If you're looking for maximum DPS on the character page, it's a pure Dex bear with a Henchman dagger and full Henchman's gear and damage ring and buffs. For max damage, it's that same bear with a Henchman bow and gear with a damage ring and buffs.

For actual damage output, you gotta look at skills and play style and stats like crit. Birds are naturally the damage-output-based class, but under good conditions both other classes can be just as lethal. :)

Swap out the Henchman dagger for a Metallic Stilleto, then I believe it's correct :D. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, please :).

noobmigo
06-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Swap out the Henchman dagger for a Metallic Stilleto, then I believe it's correct :D. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, please :).

Correct.

kinawarrior
06-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Ya, I don't care at all about what the screen shows, I only care as to what the actual output dame done to the mobs is. Meaning, with setup A, you will kill boss A in 25 seconds, with setup B it is 10, with setup C it is 30, etc.

I understand there are a lot of variations and variables, but generally when one setup is the best for a situation, it is the best for most.

Can someone give some comparisions of a pally to a dex bird and how you can get their damage close to the bird's output? And, a bear (non dex bear) with their damage output? I played a dex bear and didn't like it, I tank with mine :)

Tamino
06-17-2011, 11:47 AM
I think it is really complicated. The formula that takes crit in account is easy, 25 crit is 25% more damage as average, so 200 DPS and 25 crit gives an output of 250 DPS from main weapon. As a rule of thumb I never trust a weapon with hit time less than 0.8; DPS increases but actual damage definitely drops due to enemy armor (with a few exceptions: i love the RR talon/wing on my dual bear).

But skills? Damage done by skills depends on weapon base damage, but there is no equation - just try a 1H axe and a 1H sword. The only way to compare them is by experiment.

You can figure out how difficult is compare damage from different skills by different characters with different weapons. IMHO it is impossible.

csb
06-17-2011, 12:33 PM
I understand there are a lot of variations and variables, but generally when one setup is the best for a situation, it is the best for most.

The setup that is good for all situations is probably a setup that is average for all situations.

For example, when I play my mage in a good group, i can put on all high damage gear and hold a staff. If the group is not so good, then I would die a lot with that setup. So, I have a Flusher's wand and armor plus 8 armor ring if i am in a group that will cause me to die a lot. The difference is huge. In the first case, I do a lot of damage and have big heals. In the second case, I can survive to revive and heal everyone else as they repeatedly die. So, i save different loadouts to match the situation that I may encounter.

For my bear, I use hate hax for clearing, and gurgox hammer for the boss. But, if I'm the main tank and will be taunting, then I use hax and shield with the boss to have more armor.

Also, if you do the roach boss, you have to swap out the aoe proc weapon so as not to break trash cans. I hate it when we get to the roach and a mage has a keeper staff. We say swap it out and she says, "but that's the only weapon I have".

Be ready for different situations.

kinawarrior
06-17-2011, 01:00 PM
I meant when talking pure DPS situation, meaning, if a bow works best on bosses, then it will also work best on trash mobs. I also have 3 loadouts I use and definately know the difference between them. Zerker mode is crap armor, great dps. Mixed mode is just that, ok armor and ok dps. Tank mode is, basically, never have to use a heal pot ever, but dps sucks.

Again, just looking fot eh DPS situation here, nothing else.

Nightarcher
06-17-2011, 04:22 PM

Um I do believe you are wrong... :)

Lv55 Henchman's Gemstone Dagger
67-68 Damage, 0.4 speed, 12 Dex

Lv50 Metallic Stiletto of Destiny
62-67 Damage, 0.4 speed, 8 Str

TreyPocca
06-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Um I do believe you are wrong... :)

Lv55 Henchman's Gemstone Dagger
67-68 Damage, 0.4 speed, 12 Dex

Lv50 Metallic Stiletto of Destiny
62-67 Damage, 0.4 speed, 8 Str

I have the 555 DPS setup (Pure Dex 55 Bear).

The Stiletto is about +50 or so better in DPS over the Henchman. Veterans of SWG will remember, that there are hidden decimals on almost every stat. I have not done the math yet but the Stiletto should be close to 0.40 in speed while the Henchman dagger could be around 0.475. The hidden decimals makes a huge difference in the overall DPS.

kinawarrior
06-19-2011, 10:07 PM
Does that 555 dps actually do any damage though? Would you, if soloing any boss, kill him faster then if you had a full custom set?

Moogerfooger
06-19-2011, 10:20 PM
DPS as displayed is generally a totally useless statistic. It is against no armor aka AIR and does not mean diddly squat when trying to figure out what does the most damage. Thise daggers have high DPS numbers (as does the Mystery dex set) but their low base damage, especially for the daggers, makes for much lower overall damage dealt numbers.

Unbuffed, Raid Roach does the most real damage against Balefort Sewers enemies who generally have an armor score of 120ish, as researched by Physiologic and a few others. Yes, folks, it actually does slightly more damage than Custom over time, but it is so close, and Custom has the h/s, +2 dodge and +2 armor, it is a wash....Raid's higher base damage cancels out the crit advantage of Custom, against Sewers enemies.

Base damage and crit are the key to figuring out real damage, not DPS. DPS = most overrated stat in PL.

Moogerfooger
06-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Does that 555 dps actually do any damage though? Would you, if soloing any boss, kill him faster then if you had a full custom set?

No, because that 555 is buffed which wears off, and the unbuffed base damage of daggers is beyond suck. Do not be fooled by DPS numbers (see above post).

TreyPocca
06-20-2011, 01:20 AM
No, because that 555 is buffed which wears off, and the unbuffed base damage of daggers is beyond suck. Do not be fooled by DPS numbers (see above post).

So true....555 does little damage on bosses but the base damage with buffs is 224 - 226 and very good for xp runs.

Nightarcher
06-20-2011, 02:09 AM
I stand corrected; I wasn't aware there were hidden decimals in weapon speed. ;)

And as many have said, the best effective DPS or Damage Output is a mix of high Damage and Crit. Having a high-damage weapon increases all your skills' damage as well as your auto, and Crit increases the chance for any hit, auto or skill to double in damage.

TreyPocca
06-23-2011, 04:29 PM
I stand corrected; I wasn't aware there were hidden decimals in weapon speed. ;)

If you do the math they will reveal :-)

kinawarrior
06-23-2011, 09:40 PM
DPS as displayed is generally a totally useless statistic. It is against no armor aka AIR and does not mean diddly squat when trying to figure out what does the most damage. Thise daggers have high DPS numbers (as does the Mystery dex set) but their low base damage, especially for the daggers, makes for much lower overall damage dealt numbers.

Unbuffed, Raid Roach does the most real damage against Balefort Sewers enemies who generally have an armor score of 120ish, as researched by Physiologic and a few others. Yes, folks, it actually does slightly more damage than Custom over time, but it is so close, and Custom has the h/s, +2 dodge and +2 armor, it is a wash....Raid's higher base damage cancels out the crit advantage of Custom, against Sewers enemies.

Base damage and crit are the key to figuring out real damage, not DPS. DPS = most overrated stat in PL.

Awesome, perfect info. Also answered my questino of if custom was actually better than raid roach (actual damage wise).

So, is there anything fairly close that a elf or bear can do in terms of the damage the bird can do with their recurves? Or, can some sort of zerker setup on a bird come fairly close to the actual damage output a dex bird does?

WhoIsThis
06-27-2011, 09:09 AM
Ignore dps. Go for effective damage output.

High dps weapons tend to be fast, but damage per hit is low, making effective damage low. Slower, but harder hitting weapons do more real damage and add more skill damage.