PDA

View Full Version : Why I stopped playing

Lastmind
01-05-2016, 07:00 AM
Hey guys,
I started playing this game with my fiance(which is my wife now) around April 2015. We needed an accessable, simple, fair financed mmo title and I spent a lot hours researching and testing all games in the Playstore. I did not play any games on my mobile, but was already expecting less depth than on the popular pc games.
However, we found Arcane Legends and back then I read reviews about it which described it as simple, but challenging and absolutely non pay to win.
At the 41 cap the situation with rare items were not exactly like that, but fortunately the 46 expansion came with changes to allow us to obtain good gear.
We had fun, we farmed a lot and obtained our high end gear with only little transactions and some luck.
After we had all the items we wanted it started to get boring and we became less active.
Since I was a successful guild leader on another game before, I thought opening our own guild would be a good idea to get us hooked again. It worked, it was a lot of fun to meet new people and making it to the leaderboards.
I could not help it, but this gane felt more and more boring to me and my wife. I knew from the start what I was missing in this game. But it did not bother me too much since it was the perfect game for my wife to get into mmorpgs. Arcane Legends fulfilled it's purpose for us. But we feel like now it got nothing more to offer.

What Arcane Legends really needs is some serious overhaul in terms of skills in my opinion. The game is just too simple to appeal sustainably. Other titles who try to attract not so experienced players for their genre are also very simple at the beginning, but they get more depth along the way. Arcane Legends on the other hand feels as simple as at the start.

We have full sets of excellent primary set jewels and expecting to play the game again at the 51 cap to farm the newest mythic set as a timepass. After all STS mentioned that the current way to obtain them in the Rengol expansion is likely going to be similar in future expansions.
But to get us hooked again and ever support this game financially again, there would be some serious effort on the skills needed. They are too few, no real alternative playstyled and meaningful decisions. Combopotentials with other skills or other classes also do not exist at all.
(I suggested an advanced class system somewhere in the suggestion section by the way)

Well, that's it from our side. Wish all of you a happy new year and a lot of fun in and outside the game!

Candylicks
01-05-2016, 10:04 AM
I actually somewhat disagree with you here. I think the skills and UI in AL remain some of the top in mobile MMOs. The simplicity is what makes it great and you can pick up the game and quickly learn the mechanics. It really is a true hack and slash, nothing overly difficult.

To me what AL really faltered in is the PvE development. Their latest expansion was so weak, the mobs and maps extremely long and boring and nothing to farm. They sustain the game on events and gauntlet and the elite PvE campaign is something of the past. Now it's either PvP or 'waiting for the next event'. Hann (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?288924-Yet-another-idea-to-revive-interest-in-elite)a has a really good post going on you should check it out and add to it!

Energizeric
01-05-2016, 04:51 PM
At the 41 cap the situation with rare items were not exactly like that, but fortunately the 46 expansion came with changes to allow us to obtain good gear.
We had fun, we farmed a lot and obtained our high end gear with only little transactions and some luck.
After we had all the items we wanted it started to get boring and we became less active.

This is the key part (above). The last couple of seasons (36 cap and 41 cap) there were super rare items that most players (including myself) were never able to acquire. So there was a constant drive to work hard and try to acquire them. But this seasons prices dropped so low on everything that I have all the best gear already, and yes it starts to become boring then because what else is there to work for. In my case the only thing left is to upgrade my jewels to all noble, which will take some time. So that is what I'm working towards. But I could see how some players would become bored by that as the stat difference between having all excellent jewels compared to all noble is not so great.

I realize everyone was initially happy that all the best items were suddenly available to most players, but be careful what you wish for....