PDA

View Full Version : iPad Joystick... move it please.

WookieeFart
04-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Love the game... love the additional maps... hate the iPad Joystick. The joystick when enabled is too close to the left hand edge of the screen. My 'fat' finger always ends up off the screen. If it were a smidge (about half an inch) to the right it would be much more useful. Or if you could make it adjustable by the user. It works well on the iPhone/iPod Touch but not so great on my iPad. Much appreciated... keep up the great work.

Mahalo

fixated
04-12-2010, 05:03 PM
+1

I have small fingers and my thumb still will scoot too close to the left edge and then I stop moving. :(

Also it'd be nice if it was lower on the screen. I practically have to hold the iPad at an angle to get a good grip and play. I'd rather quick access to the joystick (and other fighting hot keys) on the lower left than chat stuff.

_ck
04-12-2010, 05:23 PM
I don't have an iPad, but I've seen screenshots of the iPad version and it always seemed a bit strange to me that the joystick would be so high up, while the attack button is in the lower left. It feels like it'd make more sense to have them at equal height since they are the ones you'll be using most of the time while playing.

asommers
04-12-2010, 07:46 PM
We'll get it moved in the next patch.

-ALS

WookieeFart
04-12-2010, 08:29 PM
We'll get it moved in the next patch.

-ALS

You guys are AWESOME! Thanks!

setec
04-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Tap To Move is fine for my Warrior but I rely on the joystick to survive with ranged attacks. I was just complaining about this (to myself) last night while playing for hours on my iPad. Thank you for fixing this!

setec
04-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Is this coming in the next patch, meaning a new version of the app sent to Apple or a Content Update? Thx.

Justg
04-18-2010, 09:48 AM
I believe moving the Joystick is something that can be done via data. I'll ping ALS about it.

setec
04-18-2010, 10:09 AM
I believe moving the Joystick is something that can be done via data. I'll ping ALS about it.

Thank you for looking into it. :)

SMELTN
04-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Great news!! Great Devs!!

asommers
04-18-2010, 06:20 PM
The next content update (not app submission).

-ALS

jbrulz
04-18-2010, 10:26 PM
You guys could just use the touch move option (turn off joystick). I find it much more convenient because you become more aware of the lesser know touch functions like changing your target.

setec
04-19-2010, 12:23 AM
Touch to move sucks if I need to move and attack at the same time. Need the joystick. :)

jjsavage
04-20-2010, 08:19 PM
I also would like the iPad joystick to be moved down to the lower left. It's a lot easier to hold an iPad for long periods of time with a hand on each corner. Thanks!

Justg
04-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Ideally we would have a configurable UI that would let you put the joystick wherever you wanted. In lieu of that, how is the new position working out?

1) I like where it is now, please leave it there.
2) It was fine where it was, please put it back.
3) Can we try the lower-left corner?

_ck
04-20-2010, 09:10 PM
I don't have an iPad so I probably shouldn't say anything.. But just my gut reaction is that if I were playing this on an iPad, on any device really, the most ideal is to be able to hold both hands at the same horizontal level. It shouldn't be too far down as in the absolute bottom corner either, but a little bit up.

http://img.slidetoplay.com/20100404/pocket_legends_for_ipad_1.jpg

Looking at this screenshot I'd say the ideal position for both the joystick and action button would be about the height of where those triangular ornaments with a red ruby are in the frame. That way you'd be holding the iPad a bit up from the bottom corners, which is a bit more steadily, and you'd have both hands at even height which feels more ergonomic. But as I said, I don't have an iPad so I'll let the ones who do speak out of experience. If I did have an iPad though, that's how I think I would prefer it. I'd definitely feel a bit uncomfortable playing with one hand holding the lower right and the other towards the upper left.

setec
04-20-2010, 09:16 PM
1 but would like an option for 3. It has definitly improved the gameplay on the iPad.