PDA

View Full Version : I die alot

DarkNess
06-18-2011, 07:09 AM
My name for today is i Die alot why is that because im am a acher for dies alot for some reason i dont know why so can someone please help me

Ellyidol
06-18-2011, 07:11 AM
It might be how your positioning your archer.

Is this PvP or PvE?

This guide on archer gameplay should help :

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20829-How-Physiologic-Plays-PL-A-video-example-on-how-to-be-an-archer

DarkNess
06-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Pve and pvp but ill give that website a look at

Ellyidol
06-18-2011, 07:25 AM
Pve and pvp but ill give that website a look at

Both PvE and PvP require different strategies, IMO.

I'm not the best in the area of archers, but from what I've learned and seen, keeping and knowing your range is crucial to survival :)

CrimsonTider
06-18-2011, 08:45 AM
I had this problem as a mage at first. My issue: my first character was a bear. I had played for two months before ibtrained another class and I could not break the habit of rushing. I recently started a bird and made it to level 50 with only 8 deaths. You could say lesson learned or could be running with better teams (I am alot more selective than I use to be.)

My only tip is to stay in middle to back of the pack and make sure your evasion is maxed (+30 dodge). For pvp, no clue. Good luck!!

xBearSpiritx
06-18-2011, 11:03 AM
My name for today is i Die alot why is that because im am a acher for dies alot for some reason i dont know why so can someone please help me

I hope your bird has life insurance! ;P

DarkNess
06-18-2011, 11:42 AM
LOL

Raulur
06-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Try to add more dodge, via gear and evade buff. If you can get unbuffed dodge up to around 20, add 30 when buffed, means you will dodge half of the attacks. Makes a huge difference in pve. Also, when players are scattering the mobs apart on a regular basis, it's best to just find another group. Accidents happen, but some players do not even attempt to play as a team. Avoid games with sword/shield weilding mages... that is a guarantee that you will end up with all of the aggro.

Don't forget to use Avian Scream when you get mobbed. Even one point is useful, and max will break you free from ice.

Pharcyde
06-18-2011, 02:10 PM
LOL

Birds have massive long distance damage. But they have terrible defense. For PvP, you will want to max out your damage and debuff skills, as well as time your buffs to be most efficient in PvP. Basically, birds want to kill their opponent before they can even touch you.

Then in Story, you will want to join a proper group and hang around the back to middle of the group.

Mkcecil
06-18-2011, 02:26 PM
I hope your bird has life insurance! ;P

my enchantress sells life insurance only 5000 gold a month :>

or buy my 1 year insurance 50,000 gold. savings of over 10,000 gold!

xBearSpiritx
06-18-2011, 02:49 PM
my enchantress sells life insurance only 5000 gold a month :>

or buy my 1 year insurance 50,000 gold. savings of over 10,000 gold!

Great sales pitch lol :)

Bloodlaw
06-23-2011, 08:21 AM
stay on distance and shoot....move backward while you shooting....move all time like muhamed ali

GELLIO77
06-23-2011, 10:49 AM
if you want to get a group of you try using avian scream and thorn wall... pushes them away and roots them :)

xBearSpiritx
06-25-2011, 05:26 PM
stay on distance and shoot....move backward while you shooting....move all time like muhamed ali

Lol dude, nicely put :)

"float like a butterfly, sting like a bee"...

Zaltiar
07-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Damn, i feel you now. I just turned lvl 45. and my game style used to be, rush into the middle, shatter blast, run back, kite, repeat. but now rushing just seems to get me killed all the time. :| i dont like staying at the back of the group but oh wells guess i haveta.
I've gone from 68 deaths to 80. wtf. damn you gurgox!!

Riccits
07-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Damn, i feel you now. I just turned lvl 45. and my game style used to be, rush into the middle, shatter blast, run back, kite, repeat. but now rushing just seems to get me killed all the time. :| i dont like staying at the back of the group but oh wells guess i haveta.
I've gone from 68 deaths to 80. wtf. damn you gurgox!!

this reminds me old times... where all got hundrets of deaths over night :rolleyes:

adwin
07-04-2011, 12:28 PM
My suggestion would be for you to try soloing levels.
Try the easier ones first (start with croc swamp and move your way up to AO), then move to the sewers.
This will force you into understanding some mechanics and strategies.
Another good level for training is the Frozen Elite levels.

One piece of advice for surviving the sewers:
When you approach a group, you need to identify the highest threat. Most of the time, it's the flame/fire slimes.
Select those, and your first hit will be blinding shot. This will debuff their hit %, and thus, will give you time to move in for the kill.
I usually select shatter scream + thorn wall + blast shot as my mob finishing moves.

Fyrce
07-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Um, early Ao3 added like 1k deaths to my bird. Oh well.

Anyways, bears should be pulling mobs off you. If not, find a new bear. Avian scream is a life saver. Use it as such.
And hang around your mages. Run circles around them if you have to. Heal has a short range, compared to avian weapons. Stay within the heal range(s).

Simnar
07-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Try to add more dodge, via gear and evade buff. If you can get unbuffed dodge up to around 20, add 30 when buffed, means you will dodge half of the attacks. Makes a huge difference in pve. Also, when players are scattering the mobs apart on a regular basis, it's best to just find another group. Accidents happen, but some players do not even attempt to play as a team. Avoid games with sword/shield weilding mages... that is a guarantee that you will end up with all of the aggro.

Don't forget to use Avian Scream when you get mobbed. Even one point is useful, and max will break you free from ice.

while in said mob use your vine skills to root them the dps is nice to :)

Zaltiar
07-05-2011, 07:35 AM
this reminds me old times... where all got hundrets of deaths over night :rolleyes:

haha yeah, my death count is now 120 bahh, alright. I'm not gonna let my death count rise more than 140.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg8bcu6Sel1qzc5f0.jpg

Riccits
07-05-2011, 08:07 AM
haha yeah, my death count is now 120 bahh, alright. I'm not gonna let my death count rise more than 140.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg8bcu6Sel1qzc5f0.jpg

when u play sewers and a bear taunts near a trapp u will hate him ;)

Zaltiar
07-06-2011, 04:31 AM
lol, ptsch, im gonna dodge that like a friggin ninja. but, yeah that has happened to me a couple of time when i first started the alien oasis quests. (killed my self blowing up the barrels. damn auto-attack haha)

Raulur
07-06-2011, 06:21 AM

Until you learn just to stand back and wait until after the taunt lol.

Zaltiar
07-06-2011, 07:18 AM

I will heed your words wisely sir.

Nickyeagle
07-06-2011, 03:42 PM
I am a lvl 53 Archer and yes, I realized that I do die alot, but I would make sure that your dodge is as high as possible and get as much armor as possible. I can't wait to be a lvl 56 to show people who are lvl 56 who they were messing with. :) Sadly though, I have about 3 thousand deaths in the dungeon category. :(

adwin
07-07-2011, 02:19 AM

That's unavoidable in pubs. Unfortunately.

Impossible in speed runs.