PDA

View Full Version : What may be next in Pocket Legends? :)

XghostzX
06-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Getting to level 56 requires a hardcore playing style (83k exp). Does anyone have any idea if there's going to be a new level cap? Would this mean players would sort of be "forced" to level to 56 with lots of EXP to gain? Just a bit curious but who doesn't love farming and leveling? :)

Conradin
06-18-2011, 11:51 AM
When the cap come 56 is lowered to 8300 xp. Thats alot nicer ;). But i doubt that a cap will be here in less than 2-3 weeks. Maybe longer.

Phoenixking
06-18-2011, 11:51 AM
They will shorten the xp you need for level 55 to 56 to normal thats just for a distraction the next hardcore level will be 61

XghostzX
06-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Okay i see but put it this way. Right now (out of the 83k XP) i have only 26k. What will happen to all of that? Does it just go away or is it kind of transferred? Does this mean I will have only 2.6k?

EDIT: So it will be the same... Level up to 60 normally and hardcore Gaining XP for 61... and so forth for later dungeons.

Conradin
06-18-2011, 12:01 PM
THey idea was to create a "elite" lvl that had benifits. I havn't lvled to 56- too boring :). But i think they will give out more benifits to 61 players. And yes xghostx, you'll have 2.5k xp and ill have 300 xp :)

XghostzX
06-18-2011, 12:07 PM
ooh thats harsh ;). Sounds fair enough though. If they have more benefits for 61 then you can count on me leveling all the way. Thanks, conradin!

Pharcyde
06-18-2011, 01:09 PM
There were MASSIVE debates about level 56 when it came out. So here is what officially will be happening, from a devs standpoint. Can't find original quote of list though.

When level cap is raised:
Level 61 will be the new Elite.
Level 56 exp will be reduced to 8,300 exp.
People at level 55 will have their exp divided by 10. Meaning if someone has 76,000 exp, after the cap raise, they will have 7,600 exp.
Level 56 Elite Quests will be removed, as well as level 61 Elite Quests will be added.
Crown of Persistence will become a discontinued item. Meaning only people to have it will be original Sewers Elites.
There will be a new elite item for the next Elite Level Cap.

There also has been debate about Elite becoming too hardcore as exp required increases as the level cap raises. JustG agreed with us and stated that he and the team will make sure that it is a cap that is still extreme, but not something only hardcore players can achieve. So say Level 86 level cap is 340k exp to achieve because of x10. They would then make a new mathematic equation to determine the exp jump for elite maps.

Register
06-18-2011, 02:08 PM
wow....I hope i have enough time to level my main back up because i deleted it.....But i think ill go to 55 and wait until the cap is raised and go from there to 61

Pharcyde
06-18-2011, 02:11 PM
wow....I hope i have enough time to level my main back up because i deleted it.....But i think ill go to 55 and wait until the cap is raised and go from there to 61

Or you could do what some players are doing :). Leveling up all 3 characters in the game to 56, then repeating immediately for level 61 Elite. Man I would go mad having to get 6 Elite ranks :o.

Mkcecil
06-18-2011, 02:31 PM
EDIT:Level up to 60 normally and hardcore Gaining XP for 61... and so forth for later dungeons.
This^^

Orcish
06-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Wait a second, so the Crown of Persistence will be discontinued but everyone who already has them, will still keep them? How is that fair? If players had known that earlier, there would of been more people focused on achieving lvl 56. Can anyone verify this?

DawnInfinity
06-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Wait a second, so the Crown of Persistence will be discontinued but everyone who already has them, will still keep them? How is that fair? If players had know that earlier, there would of been more people focused on achieving lvl 56. Can anyone verify this?
As far as I've known, the devs had made it clear that the Crown of Persistence will only be available for those who attain level 56 as long as it is an elite level.

Siejo
06-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Wait a second, so the Crown of Persistence will be discontinued but everyone who already has them, will still keep them? How is that fair? If players had known that earlier, there would of been more people focused on achieving lvl 56. Can anyone verify this?

I remember reading them saying that too but now I can't find where it was. If you need help making 56 I am off this weekend and can help.

Ishadowera
06-18-2011, 03:00 PM
hmmm idk if this has been answered yet or not but i have not been able to find it anywhere so I will ask, How do you guys know that lvl 61 will be the next level cap?

Pharcyde
06-18-2011, 03:05 PM
hmmm idk if this has been answered yet or not but i have not been able to find it anywhere so I will ask, How do you guys know that lvl 61 will be the next level cap?

Because every level cap since level 20 was max level has been 5 level increments. Now that there is Elite as well, it will be 61 for the last Elite Level.

Sorry but it has been made very very clear. I am assuming you are a new player? When Level 56 came out, there were debates for days that the Developers ended by making what would happen VERY clear. So my advice to you is to hurry and get level 56. You still have a couple weeks to a month to get it.

Also, answering your first question. Yes, the Crown of Persistence will only be available to the people who got Level 56 during the Balefort Elite.

Orcish
06-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Ok so ya little bit of a whine but.. so me gaining xp and almost reaching lvl 56 means I don't get my crown? So basically everyone's efforts towards lvl 56 means less then the person who has obtained lvl 56 already. What about the players that are so close? Their kills, time, and effort wasted... Let's alienate everyone with a busy schedule and or can't afford xp pots. Anytime people mess with "hope" in any of it's forms, it messes with moral and right now I'm so put off by this, I hope they decide to re-evaluate this in the future. The one thing that drew me into PL in the first place, was the fact that it was a portable casual gaming mmo, not a hardcore gamer's wet dream... If it goes down this route, it will loss it's uniqueness IMO. Does anyone else agree or am I over reacting?

Pharcyde
06-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Ok so ya little bit of a whine but.. so me gaining xp and almost reaching lvl 56 means I don't get my crown? So basically everyone's efforts towards lvl 56 means less then the person who has obtained lvl 56 already. What about the players that are so close? Their kills, time, and effort wasted... Let's alienate everyone with a busy schedule and or can't afford xp pots. Anytime people mess with "hope" in any of it's forms, it messes with moral and right now I'm so put off by this, I hope they decide to re-evaluate this in the future. The one thing that drew me into PL in the first place, was the fact that it was a portable casual gaming mmo, not a hardcore gamer's wet dream... If it goes down this route, it will loss it's uniqueness IMO. Does anyone else agree or am I over reacting?

Plenty of other people agree, your not over reacting. I was actually on the side for allowing players to get Elite after the update, but the developers made it very clear to me that it was completely against their intentions. I wish I still had it, Cinco even sent me a private message saying "This might be taken wrong, but it sounds like you don't understand the concept of the concept of Elite". I understand now though. Trust me, just make the grind and get your vanity helm. You will LOVE boasting it off to other players who didn't make the grind or didn't come until after the grind.

Just to reiterate, the Developers will not, I repeat, will not change their plans for Elite.

Edit: Also if someone is.. 82.3k exp and level 56 is at 83.7k exp and they don't make level 56 before the level cap rise. Then that means they will not get Elite and their exp will be taken down to 8,230 instead of 82,300 exp.

Orcish
06-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Because every level cap since level 20 was max level has been 5 level increments. Now that there is Elite as well, it will be 61 for the last Elite Level.Sorry but it has been made very very clear. I am assuming you are a new player? When Level 56 came out, there were debates for days that the Developers ended by making what would happen VERY clear. So my advice to you is to hurry and get level 56. You still have a couple weeks to a month to get it. Also, answering your first question. Yes, the Crown of Persistence will only be available to the people who got Level 56 during the Balefort Elite.Actually no I've been playing for a long while but just recently been active on the forums.

Pharcyde
06-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Actually no I've been playing for a long while but just recently been active on the forums.

Oh well welcome to the forums then :). Anyways, check the forums frequently. All information you will need to know will be found here. You won't find info about what happens after the level cap in the game.

XghostzX
06-18-2011, 04:04 PM
There were MASSIVE debates about level 56 when it came out. So here is what officially will be happening, from a devs standpoint. Can't find original quote of list though.

When level cap is raised:
Level 61 will be the new Elite.
Level 56 exp will be reduced to 8,300 exp.
People at level 55 will have their exp divided by 10. Meaning if someone has 76,000 exp, after the cap raise, they will have 7,600 exp.
Level 56 Elite Quests will be removed, as well as level 61 Elite Quests will be added.
Crown of Persistence will become a discontinued item. Meaning only people to have it will be original Sewers Elites.
There will be a new elite item for the next Elite Level Cap.

There also has been debate about Elite becoming too hardcore as exp required increases as the level cap raises. JustG agreed with us and stated that he and the team will make sure that it is a cap that is still extreme, but not something only hardcore players can achieve. So say Level 86 level cap is 340k exp to achieve because of x10. They would then make a new mathematic equation to determine the exp jump for elite maps. Thank Phar! I could always count on you thanks bro.

Pharcyde
06-18-2011, 04:08 PM
Thank Phar! I could always count on you thanks bro.

No problem and long time no see bro :).

ChrisFI
06-18-2011, 10:34 PM
sounds good level 61 so im guessing we are in for about 1 or 2 more dungeons amd about 50 more quests
just hope they dont redo another towne again xD

Slush
06-18-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm still hoping for a level 56 elite dungeon!

Orcish
06-18-2011, 11:59 PM
There were MASSIVE debates about level 56 when it came out. So here is what officially will be happening, from a devs standpoint. Can't find original quote of list though.When level cap is raised:Level 61 will be the new Elite.Level 56 exp will be reduced to 8,300 exp.People at level 55 will have their exp divided by 10. Meaning if someone has 76,000 exp, after the cap raise, they will have 7,600 exp.Level 56 Elite Quests will be removed, as well as level 61 Elite Quests will be added.Crown of Persistence will become a discontinued item. Meaning only people to have it will be original Sewers Elites.There will be a new elite item for the next Elite Level Cap.There also has been debate about Elite becoming too hardcore as exp required increases as the level cap raises. JustG agreed with us and stated that he and the team will make sure that it is a cap that is still extreme, but not something only hardcore players can achieve. So say Level 86 level cap is 340k exp to achieve because of x10. They would then make a new mathematic equation to determine the exp jump for elite maps.Does anyone have any links to any of this information above? I can't seem to locate anything, I'll keep trying.

superglut2
06-19-2011, 12:54 AM
hopefully new lvl cap raise, im starting to get bored from pl.

JaytB
06-19-2011, 01:44 AM
Does anyone have any links to any of this information above? I can't seem to locate anything, I'll keep trying.

Here's one were this was discussed before :)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?24688-Crown-of-persistance&highlight=persistence

Orcish
06-19-2011, 01:49 AM
Here's one were this was discussed before :)http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?24688-Crown-of-persistance&highlight=persistenceYour awesome Ty for looking into it :)

JaytB
06-19-2011, 01:58 AM
Your awesome Ty for looking into it :)

np bro :) This way I (re)read some old threads in the process, and read some things I had forgotten about... A win-win really :)

OrangeDreams
06-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Well. I've been taking my time in leveling, but this info makes me want to get my l51 mage to 56 in a hurry! I never thought about the CoP becoming unavailable, even though it makes perfect sense. Glad I read this thread.

Silentarrow
06-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Level cap update has been confirmed, I think we should see it later this week or next week.

OrangeDreams
06-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Really? Confirmed as coming very soon? : / eep.

Register
06-19-2011, 09:45 AM
i think its gonna be this week..I hope its next week though....

Pharcyde
06-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Does anyone have any links to any of this information above? I can't seem to locate anything, I'll keep trying.

A lot of the info was on locked threads of banned players. Infamous wannabe troll threads :p.

Level cap update has been confirmed, I think we should see it later this week or next week.

Source?

Haikus
06-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Source?

Spacetime Studios’ fantasy MMO Pocket Legends will be optimized for the Xperia PLAY this month. The addition of Pocket Legends to the Xperia PLAY lineup corresponds closely with the release of two new campaigns,raising of the level cap, and the introduction of player-run guilds.

You can thank me... now. :o

Fyrce
06-19-2011, 03:15 PM
The discussion was around the time the L56 level cap was announced and/or patch was applied. I don't remember which one, but there are not that many posts on those boards. So just find the official threads for those and read the boards about that time. You'll see tons of discussion, even just on the threads.

I have to leave to see a movie right now or I would post a date or link :) but I'm sure that'll be on here by the time I come back.

Aperfecte
07-09-2011, 10:49 AM
I must get to LVL 56. I want the Crown of Persistence.
Add me to power lvl.

APERFECTE - LEVEL 55 DEX BIRD