PDA

View Full Version : L. 25 Mage

noobmigo
06-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Heh, I never thought I would post this, I consider myself decent at twinking, and I can pick things up pretty fast, but 25 has me reeling. I'm decent at this, possibly above average, but I can't take this mage to the next level. (No, not level 26, it's a phrase)

So, his skill build is:
5 BOM
3 BOV
1 Frostbite
5 Firestorm
6 Drain
1 Mana Shield
3 Heal

I really think that 50 crit is enough. It would be more than enough for my twink bear. So I left BOM at 5.
Am I in the wrong?

Thanks.

-- The real NOOBmigo

Zeus
06-18-2011, 07:14 PM
6 BOM, no BOV, 1 mana shield max heal and drain. 1 Mana shield. Do with the rest what you will. Think of the BOV like this, it's just added armor. It won't really help you. If still insecure about it, put 1 BOV.

noobmigo
06-18-2011, 07:44 PM
6 BOM, no BOV, 1 mana shield max heal and drain. 1 Mana shield. Do with the rest what you will. Think of the BOV like this, it's just added armor. It won't really help you. If still insecure about it, put 1 BOV.

I got some help in-game from Pwnforhire..
He said

1-1-1-0
3-1-4-0
0-0-6-6
Do whatever with extra.

But, thanks. :)

Dynastu
06-19-2011, 10:30 AM
6 BOM (definitely), 6 BOV (you NEED the 40 extra armor. You'll die almost instantly without it), 1 mana shield, 1 heal (for healing negative affects mainly, plus max heal is completely unnecessary. If you're going for higher heal, put heal at 4.), 1 lightning, 1 ice storm, 1 frostbite, 4 drain (drain is what you use to heal hp rather than heal), 3 fire.

This is the build I used when I was a lvl 25 mage.

joeychandler
06-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Well BOM gives damage too, so it's always good to max that.

Um- I always use high lightning, cause in long Mage vs Mage fights it has the best dps (short cooldown)

6 BOV
6 BOM
6 Lightning
1 Mana shield
1 Frostbite
1 Fire
2 Drain
1 heal

lightning gives a nice damage increase from 5-6, so it's worth maxing.

noobmigo
06-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Haha, I've been speccing mainly on free plat. :D

I'll try those two tomorrow. :D Thanks guys.

Sigkill
06-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Well BOM gives damage too, so it's always good to max that.

Um- I always use high lightning, cause in long Mage vs Mage fights it has the best dps (short cooldown)

6 BOV
6 BOM
6 Lightning
1 Mana shield
1 Frostbite
1 Fire
2 Drain
1 heal

lightning gives a nice damage increase from 5-6, so it's worth maxing.

Still 6 lighting doesnt give very much spell diversity and your other spells will suffer, a balance between attack spells is a more practical idea

noobmigo
06-19-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm doing so much better with this build below, but still not great. I'm average now.

1-3-3-0
2-1-3-0
0-1-4-6

I'm thinking now:

1-1-1-0
2-1-3-0
0-1-6-6

Twinkman
07-02-2011, 12:19 AM
Im tired of dieing I need the ultamite or best build u guys can think of

xbabybugszx
07-02-2011, 05:41 PM
It depends whether you wanna be a def mage or damage mage. If you wanna be def you won't be able to do much damage but take the fight much longer. If damage you kan kill instantly in 1 combo if done rite. Damage mage max drain and bom. Def max bov

Riccits
07-03-2011, 04:50 AM
i heard as lvl 25 pallys are good... is there something true..?

aYePro
07-03-2011, 05:40 AM
25 pallys are bad..no chance

KingFu
07-03-2011, 05:53 AM
25 pallys are bad..no chance

Im currently building one (gotta level) and he'll be a 2H pally. I have some nice things planned for him;) I think he'll do well once I get a skill build planned out lol. Horrible at 25 skill builds, mainly with mages and archers.

joeychandler
07-03-2011, 06:44 AM
Still 6 lighting doesnt give very much spell diversity and your other spells will suffer, a balance between attack spells is a more practical idea

Maxing lightning is better for 20-25 mages. The damage increase per level of lightning increases as you go up (e.g if level 1-2 lightning gives 15 more damage, level 2-3 lightning gives 20 more). So even though it's good to have at least 1 point in all the offensive spells, its better to max one that put say 3 in a couple. I max lightning because of the short cooldown, which means that you use it many times per fight, and get the most out of your points. Instead of say... Maxing drain life, that you probably use once or twice per fight. Lightning Debuffs armour too...

Mini iceberg pally might work, with onyx str set or somethin. Lol I doubt it though

Riccits
07-03-2011, 07:00 AM
side-question: at wich twinking level are birds good..?

noobmigo
07-03-2011, 09:05 AM
They are above avg at all levels, but the level where they are most op is 30.

Zerious
07-07-2011, 10:59 AM
i brought my 20 bird to 25 :D just need torso then he's pretty much done. I plan on rebuilding ol' Vslb with the generic int gear set-up at 25 (earthquake) but I highly recommend maxing both blessings. Depending on whether you'll be defensive or not, you might consider max mana shield when dueling other int/dex-int hybrid mages. otherwise, a good balance would look a bit like this:

2-1-1-0
3-1-3-0
0-1-6-6

I'd usually use nuke tactics on last-minute mana-shield users but that would mean you have to get good at kiting and juking (the way i play currently with vslb is my ideal). If birds get hit by both hot-flash and drain, or critical drain, they're good as done. Bears is all timing that heal, and knowing when the right time to drain is; frostbite helps immensely with mixing up their ranges, so you could drain from a safer distance.

2 heal doesn't seem too good, but since I've seen low-int dex hybrids running around, i guess they wouldn't consider heal being affected by pure int. but in the long run, the general attacks spell strengths are the same, just more accurate, but heal and mana shield aren't as potent (mana shield isn't too big a difference).

Just my input, don't eat my face :rolleyes:. Gotta sell these two Wraith armors that I picked up before i can get into testing. Also selling screaming skull shield.... I'll take offers :D