PDA

View Full Version : Towne tweaking ideas and suggestions.

Siejo
06-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Some towne tweaks and suggestions to enhance themes

There are tons of suggestions on here for stat and weapon tweaks but hardly anything for existing townes. I have been thinking about the games variety of townes and feel they need a little tweaking to make them more appealing and useful. If you have any ideas to add here let me know and I will add it with credit given to you.

All Townes:
A stash in every area would make it easier for those who farm for weapons to sell.
*Music specifically designed for each towne (suggested by Register).
*An Ellie franchise in every towne (suggested by Redbridge).

Forest Haven:
This area has become too crowded after the updates. At peak playtime it can be hard to see the NPC's or even find a specific person. Leaving the new missions is fine but reset NPC's back to their original location.

Ursan Weald:
This one stumps me. PvP sign-up is here but I feel this is the most unused town with potential. This area is so large it feels like wasted space. Maybe a guild registration NPC when the time comes

Fort Blackstone:
Fine as is for now. On second thought where the heck is the Queen of Alterra??? Let's upgrade to Castle Blackstone with a throne room and make a mission where you get a request from the Queen to come see her and she thanks you for defending Alterra by giving you a ring called Royal Ring or
* Special dungeon/quest with the queen for anniversary event (suggested by Ayc2000).
NEW! Well the Queen of Alterra is actually in the game but I would like to see her given a makeover. She doesn't look like a queen in her current form so how bout changing her face to the Geisha face and giving her a special shimmering crown and robe to match. The room she is in needs 2 guards at the entrance and 2 more by the throne. She also needs to stand still and not run around like a crazy looking for the toilet hahahaha.
* NPCs should say stuff into the chat like the auctioneers would say every couple minutes-"Come get your items here!" (suggested by Cascade)

Glumdoll Cemetery:
Ghost's floating around and zombies should just randomly appear from the graves and hang around for a bit.
NEW!!! How about some lightning similar to the one in over grown power and some light rain. We just have to make it a little more spooky to be a genuine cemetery.

Sandstone Cave:
Rename to Sandstone Mines. Treasure chests in a corner overflowing with crystals. Maybe a little trembling once in a while, it is for mining after all.
NEW!!! The entrance should be moved from Glumdoll to Shalerockstone Valley. There is a mine entrance where Boulder fist is that would make access to the cave more noticeable instead of in Glumdoll.

Snowpeak Base Camp:
How bout some Yeti pelt rugs on the floor or wall? Yeti souvenir shop? We had to collect 1000 of those suckers. (just kidding on the Yeti souvenir shop)

Lake Louie:
This one is pretty well laid out. Love the McCroc/Scalefield historical feud (though most of the younger players don't know it).

City of Oasis:
The Malik Museum needs a new Curator hahaha. The museum should have Anubis and Mummy displays. Since it's named after Malik what about a statue of Malik with a description of him going exploring and never coming back or something along those lines. Also that floor entrance in the museum should lead to the Ominous Pit instead of directly into the Shadow Caves.

Ominous Pit (my name for the shadow towne):
This area has been left blank possibly for future updates. Shadow NPC's would be neat.
(Implemented 8/25/11 Client 1.7.3) The 2 portals here should be reversed too. It makes more sense to have the darker side be to enter the Shadow Caves and the side with the pyramid to lead back into the Malik Museum.

Muck Hovel:
The cleanest sewer I have ever seen. Let's add brown/green sludge puddles, flies, roaches and a little garbage here and there. Don't say gross!! It's a sewer, no flowers and trees here.

*Suggestion from another person.

Register
06-18-2011, 06:39 PM
I love it!!! All of it!! This would def. add a more "random" (for lack of a better word) aspect in townes. Also, different music would be VERY nice.

Siejo
06-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Thanks, edited and credited.

skavenger216
06-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Great ideas, they would at a lot of atmosphere to the game.

Edit: post # 300, yay me! Lol

Siejo
06-18-2011, 07:04 PM
I am hoping they use some or all of them just to add a little something special :banana:

spcjazz
06-18-2011, 07:19 PM
All great ideas. STS should hire you rite now.

I am hoping they use some or all of them just to add a little something special :banana:

Siejo
06-18-2011, 07:22 PM
All great ideas. STS should hire you rite now.

But i'm so far away from them now :-( I will return to TX hopefully soon. Need to visit mom .

Piosidon
06-19-2011, 02:24 AM
Actually the shadow towne is also used a "partying" place and chat room sometimes

Siejo
06-19-2011, 02:39 AM
So i've noticed hahaha. Not sure if that was the Devs intention but it seems to be the new hangout spot. Before it was Oasis.

nazgulking
06-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Some of this ideas were already suggested, but still good to re-suggest them, since town population is an issue nowadays. +1 OP

Siejo
06-19-2011, 03:04 AM
The game's popularity has certainly increased and I think if the Devs made it so that each towne has something in it then it will solve the overcrowding. Forest Haven seems to have everything: potion shop, stash, forge and CTF and in such a small area. Maybe even move CTF to another towne not being used too much like Snowpeak Base Camp or even Glumdoll Cemetery. Just anywhere to balance and draw attention elsewhere;)

Redbridge
06-19-2011, 03:28 AM
Love all but one of these great ideas. Sorry, I wouldn't change the FH NPC locations back but that's the worse I can come up with....LOL

I love the ideas as these add some atmosphere to these townes. Great ideas...

A stash in every towne. Love that..

Suggestion: An Ellie franchise in every towne maybe? But like the stash is only level accessible. Arguments for and against here as I think STS want to encourage higher levels into FH (to advertise the look of end game content and encourage high/level interaction) but some higher levels simply don't want to go there, and many others will always go there to help out.

Slightly off-topic but would love to see some other stuff in townes; player homes (tents>houses>castles), Guilds and guild spaces, in-game chat areas/rooms (maybe taverns or Market places), an in-game message board system for sending people messages when they are offline (including attachments like gear/gold/potions) as it a real pain hanging around for people to swap gear when in different time zones, and plenty more other stuff

Great ideas Siejo

nazgulking
06-19-2011, 03:33 AM
Slightly off-topic but would love to see some other stuff in townes; player homes (tents>houses>castles), Guilds and guild spaces, in-game chat areas/rooms (maybe taverns or Market places), an in-game message board system for sending people messages when they are offline (including attachments like gear/gold/potions) as it a real pain hanging around for people to swap gear when in different time zones, and plenty more other stuff

Can't agree more...

Siejo
06-19-2011, 03:42 AM
Love all but one of these great ideas. Sorry, I wouldn't change the FH NPC locations back but that's the worse I can come up with....LOL

Suggestion: An Ellie franchise in every towne maybe? But like the stash is only level accessible. Arguments for and against here as I think STS want to encourage higher levels into FH (to advertise the look of end game content and encourage high/level interaction) but some higher levels simply don't want to go there, and many others will always go there to help out.

Great ideas Siejo

Added your suggestion. I didn't add it at first because I was thinking about the crowding but I see your point too. Maybe move Ellie to CTF spot and then move CTF to another town??? Idk I just think each towne should have a specialty.

Fatpigwarrior
06-19-2011, 04:11 AM
I like these suggestions.
I'd love to see them implemented

Siejo
07-13-2011, 11:43 PM
I like these suggestions.
I'd love to see them implemented

Thanks. I was standing next to you in CS room a lil while ago.:)

New idea added today!!!

Phoenixking
07-13-2011, 11:57 PM
Pocket legends needs new music and atmosohere i mean seriosly will it kill for some zombies to soan from tombs sllknight witch STYLE!!! they dont attack unless you attack and it would be cool is you kill them and suudenly a boss spawns only attacks when attacked

Siejo
07-14-2011, 12:21 AM
Pocket legends needs new music and atmosohere i mean seriosly will it kill for some zombies to soan from tombs sllknight witch STYLE!!! they dont attack unless you attack and it would be cool is you kill them and suudenly a boss spawns only attacks when attacked

They could be like the chickens from the Zelda games that call the horde to massacre you :p

Really these are just little tweaks that could change the bigger picture and give each town a lil more individuality :cool:

superglut2
07-14-2011, 02:44 AM
really like the extra room in balefort.

Siejo
08-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Since I just found out you can meet the queen I updated Fort Blackstone. 7/24

I also added one to Sandstone Cave. I noticed something in Shalerockstone Valley and thought it would be neat to draw more attention to it. 7/29

An idea I had was used in game in regards to the Shadow Towne portals. 8/25

Remember if you have an idea for an environmental change feel free to comment and I will add your idea with credit.:D

Cascade
08-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Good ideas it gives each towne a different feel...also i think NPCs should say stuff into the chat like the auctioneers would say every couple minutes-"Come get your items here!"

Along with several other programmed phrases

Siejo
08-25-2011, 11:56 PM
Good ideas it gives each towne a different feel...also i think NPCs should say stuff into the chat like the auctioneers would say every couple minutes-"Come get your items here!"

Along with several other programmed phrases

Good suggestion. I added it and credited of course. Let's keep em coming folks!!!

Nick41324
08-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Also a item loaning system would be nice!

Siejo
08-26-2011, 12:48 AM
Also a item loaning system would be nice!

Please elaborate a little more so I can post your suggestion.

Navygreen
08-26-2011, 06:49 AM
cool ideas :)

WoundedEagle
09-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Wow, as far as I know, these are all new suggestions. Great Ideas from great imaginations.

-we

Siejo
09-19-2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks I really appreciate the compliments. Anything you wanna add?

WoundedEagle
09-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Thanks I really appreciate the compliments. Anything you wanna add?er
Revamption(cool word right?) of Dark Forest. It needs to be done, Dark Forest has withered away.
We need something in each town that isn't in any other town. That is why Balefort has a high population - auction. If there is a different thing in each town, we can have equal population for each. Ex: Guild Hall in Lost Expedition.
Combining Wyldwood and Balefort. Wyldwood isn't premium any more and Balefort Castle is just so boring and bland. We need that razzle-dazzle they blasted Forest Haven with to make the gaming experience more fun.

-we

Siejo
09-19-2011, 10:34 PM
er
Revamption(cool word right?) of Dark Forest. It needs to be done, Dark Forest has withered away.
We need something in each town that isn't in any other town. That is why Balefort has a high population - auction. If there is a different thing in each town, we can have equal population for each. Ex: Guild Hall in Lost Expedition.
Combining Wyldwood and Balefort. Wyldwood isn't premium any more and Balefort Castle is just so boring and bland. We need that razzle-dazzle they blasted Forest Haven with to make the gaming experience more fun.

-we

Glad you agree with me

Hankomachos
09-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Great ideas! +1

n00b13st
09-21-2011, 02:13 PM

Great ideas Siejo

I can't give you a +1 because "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Redbridge again." so props - I like all of those off-topic ideas.

n00b13st
09-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Some towne tweaks and suggestions to enhance themes

There are tons of suggestions on here for stat and weapon tweaks but hardly anything for existing townes. I have been thinking about the games variety of townes and feel they need a little tweaking to make them more appealing and useful. If you have any ideas to add here let me know and I will add it with credit given to you.

All Townes:
A stash in every area would make it easier for those who farm for weapons to sell.
*Music specifically designed for each towne (suggested by Register).
*An Ellie franchise in every towne (suggested by Redbridge).

Forest Haven:
This area has become too crowded after the updates. At peak playtime it can be hard to see the NPC's or even find a specific person. Leaving the new missions is fine but reset NPC's back to their original location.

Ursan Weald:
This one stumps me. PvP sign-up is here but I feel this is the most unused town with potential. This area is so large it feels like wasted space. Maybe a guild registration NPC when the time comes

Fort Blackstone:
Fine as is for now. On second thought where the heck is the Queen of Alterra??? Let's upgrade to Castle Blackstone with a throne room and make a mission where you get a request from the Queen to come see her and she thanks you for defending Alterra by giving you a ring called Royal Ring or
* Special dungeon/quest with the queen for anniversary event (suggested by Ayc2000).
NEW! Well the Queen of Alterra is actually in the game but I would like to see her given a makeover. She doesn't look like a queen in her current form so how bout changing her face to the Geisha face and giving her a special shimmering crown and robe to match. The room she is in needs 2 guards at the entrance and 2 more by the throne. She also needs to stand still and not run around like a crazy looking for the toilet hahahaha.
* NPCs should say stuff into the chat like the auctioneers would say every couple minutes-"Come get your items here!" (suggested by Cascade)

Glumdoll Cemetery:
Ghost's floating around and zombies should just randomly appear from the graves and hang around for a bit.
NEW!!! How about some lightning similar to the one in over grown power and some light rain. We just have to make it a little more spooky to be a genuine cemetery.

Sandstone Cave:
Rename to Sandstone Mines. Treasure chests in a corner overflowing with crystals. Maybe a little trembling once in a while, it is for mining after all.
NEW!!! The entrance should be moved from Glumdoll to Shalerockstone Valley. There is a mine entrance where Boulder fist is that would make access to the cave more noticeable instead of in Glumdoll.

Snowpeak Base Camp:
How bout some Yeti pelt rugs on the floor or wall? Yeti souvenir shop? We had to collect 1000 of those suckers. (just kidding on the Yeti souvenir shop)

Lake Louie:
This one is pretty well laid out. Love the McCroc/Scalefield historical feud (though most of the younger players don't know it).

City of Oasis:
The Malik Museum needs a new Curator hahaha. The museum should have Anubis and Mummy displays. Since it's named after Malik what about a statue of Malik with a description of him going exploring and never coming back or something along those lines. Also that floor entrance in the museum should lead to the Ominous Pit instead of directly into the Shadow Caves.

Ominous Pit (my name for the shadow towne):
This area has been left blank possibly for future updates. Shadow NPC's would be neat.
(Implemented 8/25/11 Client 1.7.3) The 2 portals here should be reversed too. It makes more sense to have the darker side be to enter the Shadow Caves and the side with the pyramid to lead back into the Malik Museum.

Muck Hovel:
The cleanest sewer I have ever seen. Let's add brown/green sludge puddles, flies, roaches and a little garbage here and there. Don't say gross!! It's a sewer, no flowers and trees here.

*Suggestion from another person.

Excellent ideas, +1! Gave me a couple of ideas too.

Siejo
09-21-2011, 03:35 PM
I will be happy to add em if they are ideas like these. These are small environmental changes. Please share and ill edit with credit.