PDA

View Full Version : Doing a Survey, Help would be great.

Zeus
06-18-2011, 07:52 PM
So, I need some guinea pigs, I'm doing a test survey related to booting.

I need people that meet the following requirements:

Level 48-54 Character
Community Shield OR Pocket Legends Shield
People WITHOUT Community Shield OR Pocket Legends Shield (5-10, max!)
Access to Balefort Sewers Hideout
Ability to join a PUG and record data, to post on this thread

People with these requirements completed, keep reading!

I wanted to know the boot rate/boot percentage for those that wear the Community Shield/Pocket Legends Shield on their lower level character, in Balefort Sewers as opposed to people who don't wear/don't own one.

So, here are the instructions to those that want to join;

Enlist on this thread.
Join a minimum of 10~25 games.
Try and join party's that you don't know, or the host doesn't know who you are.
Giving me the recorded data, on this thread.
Please! Do not make up the data.
Data in this format would be preferrable; Numbers of Hideout Games Join: (Insert Number Here), Number of Hideout Games Booted from (Insert Number Here); (How many times) the host asked you to leave, instead of booting you.

Your cooperation is much appreciated! Thanks! I will post the results on this thread.

Zeus
06-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Guardian of Alterra Participants:

Mysticaldream
Apollo
Dawninfinity
Redbridge

Pocket Legend Shield Owner Participants:

Apollo
Dawninfinity
Redbridge

Normal Participants:

Lowlyspy
Haikus
Canonicalkoi
Ayc
SorcererSoul

Level 55 Participants with Community Shield:

Redbridge

Level 55 Participants with Pocket Legends Shield:

Redbridge

Normal Level 55 Participants:

Necroreaper
Redbridge
Conradin

Also, each participant is highly valued. Thank you for your help!

Zeus
06-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Post Reserved for additional data, if needed.

Whirlzap
06-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Parth, I suggest conducting a separate level of expirement, possibly with a high level dungeon, then a low level one(Frosty Expedtion?) to see how different level booting reasons range.
My prediction is suggesting that GoAs will somewhat cause a scary aire to the host, which may involve rather in a warning before a boot.
Supposedly, you should also record if the host says anything before the boot, or if he just auto-boots.
I'm happy to volunteer my 56, if you ever need a hamster.
Edit: I'm 100% aware of that, just wondering if low levels actually did know about boot, would they apply it as much as higher levels?

KingFu
06-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Since 48-54 isn't too common, can 55s just wear noob Lv 50 gear?:D

Edit:

Whirlz, people don't really boot at those levels...

Whirlzap
06-18-2011, 07:59 PM
I'd be happy to use Speed Loadout for a few test runs.....

Zeus
06-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Whirlz, we need level 50-54 though. Sorry bud :(.

Conradin
06-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Im in Parth. Ill have tge data of 25 games by tonight.

EDIT: im 55 ;( but im an intbear- still count?

Zeus
06-18-2011, 08:14 PM

Thanks, I'm thinking of paying you guys for your effort. Maybe like 1k per game joined? Of course, I don't want any extreme numbers just so people can get money.

Lowlyspy
06-18-2011, 08:16 PM
I dont have either of those shields but my main is a level 53 so id be glad to help, if u'll have me of course.

Haikus
06-18-2011, 08:18 PM
I can help.

I have a lvl 50 nude bear & a lvl 52 full Cosmos mage.

Let me know. Thanks.

:)

Zeus
06-18-2011, 08:19 PM
@Lowlyspy, Haikus, Mysticaldream, appreciate the help! Thank you very much! I'll put you guys in as participants.

Lowlyspy
06-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Alright, so are we doing it tonight?

Zeus
06-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Alright, so are we doing it tonight?

Yes please, if possible :).

Lowlyspy
06-18-2011, 08:23 PM
K im hopping on now

Zeus
06-18-2011, 08:23 PM

EDIT: im 55 ;( but im an intbear- still count?

No, sorry Conrad. You need a 50-54 :(.

Also, while this data will be accurate, it will of course be subject to the gear your wearing, so wearing the best gear will obviously improve your chances of not being booted. I'm not going to take the time to calculate that though, as there are just too many options.

Zeus
06-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Thanks to Whirlz mentioning it, please also include in your data if the host asked you to leave, or he auto-booted.

Haikus
06-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Alright! Hopping on now! You on? I gave away my gear, as you know. You got any gear he can rock for an hour?

Edit: Nvm, I'll use my full cosmos staff int mage.

Zeus
06-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Alright! Hopping on now! You on? I gave away my gear, as you know. You got any gear he can rock for an hour?

Are you referring to your elf? He should probably suffice in that gear. If your referring to your bear, the only level 50 set I have is shadow keeper set. I do have screaming skull shield and scimitar though, if you want it? Also, how much till you can afford custom again?

Haikus
06-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Are you referring to your elf? He should probably suffice in that gear. If your referring to your bear, the only level 50 set I have is shadow keeper set. I do have screaming skull shield and scimitar though, if you want it? Also, how much till you can afford custom again?

Edited, right before your post. :p I'm going to use my mage. So, it's ok. Oh, & I have like 1k gold, amongst everyone, lol. Bought Sig's RR recurve set for 1.48mill. Was loaned 250k. :o When I ever see Steph in game, I'll have 750k, once I pay back the person who lent me the money.

Zeus
06-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Edited, right before your post. :p I'm going to use my mage. So, it's ok. Oh, & I have like 1k gold, amongst everyone, lol. Bought Sig's RR recurve set for 1.48mill. Was loaned 250k. :o When I ever see Steph in game, I'll have 750k, once I pay back the person who lent me the money.

:D, guess I'm going to pay my participants then :). Well, the ones that need the money.

Fyrce
06-18-2011, 08:38 PM
I can use my L51 mage but she doesn't get booted much. Maybe after I say this, I'll get booted repeatedly and rage quit. LOL.

PUG update:
L51 mage wearing Adept's Gemstone Cowl, Scrubber's Gemstone Wand, Keeper's Armor of Shadows, Creepy Doll of Shadows, no vanity items. For GF, changed to Scrubber's Gemstone Staff, Scraper's Gemstone Robes :)

Played normally. Didn't talk much, though laughed a bit, said "hi" or "yo".

11 Hideout games, 5 were hosted ones, 6 were public ones.
Didn't get booted once. Though one L55 did leave at beginning but ended up with a full group anyways.
I tried to join anonymous ones or ones with hosts I didn't know. Made like 5 new friends.
Joined one all L55 hosted game and got friended by host and one other. LOL.
Had some other friends join (funny funny).
Killed 8 GF's. In one group, 2 players left before boss. In another, one player left after Catspaw.
Saw a MM robe drop to one of the hosts. Nice guy; lucky him :)

Also joined a couple L51 Hideout games when didn't have L55 games :)
Also joined 2 L55 Stronghold games, cleared those out, as in everyone left :P even though they were hosted games. LOL.

Will join more tomorrow. Not sure whether I ought to change clothes or play in a more interesting manner, a la Mystical :P
Will consult about that tomorrow. LOL.

Addendum:
Woohoo, boot success: Tried to joined one more game before retiring for night. Joined a hosted Stronghold game. Got booted for "LVL". I got sooo excited :)

Zeus
06-18-2011, 08:38 PM
For the people that are 55, I have a separate section for you.

You have to deliberately wear bad gear, not terrible gear, (Has to be 50-55) gear, but bad gear.

Post your data for when wearing that gear in this format:

Amount of Runs, How many times you were booted, How many times you were asked to leave, instead of being booted. Thanks!

Zeus
06-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Added a section for level 55 Participants! Go check it out, it's in my second post. Please tell me which participant you are going to be, please and thank you!

Haikus
06-18-2011, 08:44 PM
:D, guess I'm going to pay my participants then :). Well, the ones that need the money.

Lol. It's ok. Just started & my data so far is.

Numbers of Hideout Games Join: 1234567891011

Number of Hideout Games Booted from:1

Asked to leave:1

Have to count it out, so I know where I'm at. :p 11 Being current, of course.

Zeus
06-18-2011, 08:46 PM
^^ Lol, already asked to leave once in 3 runs? Dang :).

Haikus
06-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Updated, & bumped into LowlySpy on my wonderous adventure. :p

Edit: What I've noticed is, if there's no mage or someone leveling. 55-, then I don't get booted. The one 56 I joined, other than Jakeslaidback, gave me a boot. :(

:p

Editing, again: How many runs our we doing?

Zeus
06-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Updated, & bumped into LowlySpy on my wonderous adventure. :p

That's awesome, glad to see this is getting people to meet up :D.

Also, since we want to compare this to booting at 55. Data at 55 in your good gear would be appreciated, but not necessary, as people rarely get booted at the cap anyway.

KingFu
06-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Gear: int archer, havoc robe, community shield, no helm, blizzard stick

Current status:

Boots from games without talking: 0/2

Boots from games with spamming "rev" and dying tons: 1/2

Zeus
06-18-2011, 09:11 PM
^^ Thanks! Much appreciated! The reason I haven't quoted the post yet is because, when you have your final data edited in your post, then I'll take a look it it, to be sure :).

Zeus
06-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Aww, Jacob. You deleted the post! The boot reason was hilarious though!

Lowlyspy
06-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Gear: int archer, havoc robe, community shield, no helm, blizzard stick

Current status:

Boots from games without talking: 0/2

Boots from games with spamming "rev" and dying tons: 1/2

Was that you spamming rev? if so, I know u were just having some fun at my expense but please dont do it, I find it very annoying

KingFu
06-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Was that you spamming rev? if so, I know u were just having some fun at my expense but please dont do it, I find it very annoying

Hahaha, yes that was me. Sorry, don't usually do it. Just seemed like fun. Sorry if I upset anyone:)

Just went through 2 maps and no boot!

Haikus
06-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Finally got it. Let these speak for themselves.

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx131/Haiku387/22c72048.jpg

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx131/Haiku387/f3be9808.jpg

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx131/Haiku387/274cfa58.jpg

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx131/Haiku387/fa4cb967.jpg

Left after he was booted.

:p

KingFu
06-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Hahaha ah jacob. That was hilarious. Oh! And I had one party ditch me and rmk with pass I think!

Swimmingstar
06-18-2011, 09:52 PM
So, I need some guinea pigs, I'm doing a test survey related to booting.

I need people that meet the following requirements:

Level 48-54 Character
Community Shield or Pocket Legends Shield
People WITHOUT Community Shield of Pocket Legends Shield (5-10, max!)
Access to Balefort Sewers Hideout
Ability to join a PUG and record data, to post on this thread

People with these requirements completed, keep reading!

I wanted to know the boot rate/boot percentage for those that wear the Community Shield/Pocket Legends Shield on their lower level character, in Balefort Sewers as opposed to people who don't wear/don't own one.

So, here are the instructions to those that want to join;

Enlist on this thread.
Join a minimum of 10/25 games.
Try and join party's that you don't know, or the host doesn't know who you are.
Giving me the recorded data, on this thread.
Please! Do not make up the data.
Data in this format would be preferrable; Numbers of Hideout Games Join: (Insert Number Here), Number of Hideout Games Booted from (Insert Number Here); (How many times) the host asked you to leave, instead of booting you.

Your cooperation is much appreciated! Thanks! I will post the results on this thread.
you put of instead of or

Lowlyspy
06-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Hahaha, yes that was me. Sorry, don't usually do it. Just seemed like fun. Sorry if I upset anyone:)

No problem.

Hey ive done all I can for tonight so my results are:

Number of joins: 12

Number of boots(for watever reason): 0

Number of friends made via this survey: 3

Lol that last one I thought was cool, sorry I couldnt do more

Zeus
06-18-2011, 10:19 PM
You put "of" instead of "or".

Thanks buddy! I'll change that right away. I corrected your post as well, to return the favor. :)

Arterra
06-18-2011, 10:22 PM
maybe my bird, Sangaroh. sure, ill go talon for a while. Community shield

Zeus
06-18-2011, 10:23 PM
maybe my bird, Sangaroh. sure, ill go talon for a while. Community shield

Ok, thanks Arterra! :).

CrimsonTider
06-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Ugghh!! Why didnt i see this earlier!! I'm about to go to bed and I have a 50 bird. I would have loved to try to get booted!

Ayc2000
06-18-2011, 10:49 PM
I'll help :) with my lvl 51 Mage

NECROREAPER
06-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Hey Parth if you need a plain 55, I'd be glad to help.

DawnInfinity
06-19-2011, 01:14 AM
Parth, I'll be glad to help. I have both PL and Community shield, as you know. I think my bear is level 49, archer is 51.

Sorcererssoul
06-19-2011, 03:24 AM
I'll help :)
I got an lvl 52 full rift bear.
Could wear my sewer recurve set too.

Redbridge
06-19-2011, 03:43 AM
Hey Parth, I'll try to gather data also for all three examples under 55.

I'm assuming you don't want us to use any of our normal 'tactics' which reduce the risk of booting, like asking 'can I join ya' or asking anything else... Just the same as you probably don't want us to purposely increase our chances of booting by playing badly or being unfriendly..

Will keep you informed...

skavenger216
06-19-2011, 03:53 AM
I would love to help, Apollo, but unfortunately, I don't have any toons that meet your requirements :(

WhoIsThis
06-19-2011, 04:14 AM
For the people that are 55, I have a separate section for you.

You have to deliberately wear bad gear, not terrible gear, (Has to be 50-55) gear, but bad gear.

Post your data for when wearing that gear in this format:

Amount of Runs, How many times you were booted, How many times you were asked to leave, instead of being booted. Thanks!

For a reference point, you may want to make a third thread with good gear (raid/custom, fury/fortified, mm/enchanted).

CanonicalKoi
06-19-2011, 09:32 AM
If today's not too late, I can try a bunch of runs. Diffie, lvl 54 bird, no snazzy shields.

Zeus
06-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Updated Participant List! Check it out!

Conradin
06-19-2011, 12:11 PM
IVe done about 13 gamez- ill have the data by 2night.

Zeus
06-19-2011, 12:34 PM
IVe done about 13 gamez- ill have the data by 2night.

Okay, thanks Conradin!

CanonicalKoi
06-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Undoubtedly the first and last time someone has referred to me as "normal". ;) I've got a music lesson and dinner, but then I'll get to it.

Zeus
06-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Undoubtedly the first and last time someone has referred to me as "normal". ;) I've got a music lesson and dinner, but then I'll get to it.

Lol, Canonical! You know I didn't mean it like that, would never mean it like that. I don't sport elitism, which is why I don't wear the avatar for GOA often. If you think of a better way to phrase it, let me know! I'll change it right away :).

Fyrce
06-19-2011, 07:36 PM
I did 11 runs last night! I edited my previous post! Did you need more runs?

If you have enough normal <L55 participants, then I'll go back to being boring and doing non-directed stuff :P

I'm not sure I've ever been booted on my L55. Maybe from full games, but that would be it.

This experiment required me to play quite differently than I usually do. For example, last night, the first game I joined was someone's game whose name I did not recognize. We did well and I friended him. On a normal night, I would have just rejoined his games since he was remaking them. Several of my joins last night would have ended like that, with me on normal nights pretty much just rejoining. It was different trying to find new people. Fun but different.

CanonicalKoi
06-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Lol, Canonical! You know I didn't mean it like that, would never mean it like that. I don't sport elitism, which is why I don't wear the avatar for GOA often. If you think of a better way to phrase it, let me know! I'll change it right away :).

Lol! NO! I was only laughing because "normal" is *ahem* normally the last word someone would think of to describe me. :) I actually appreciate the vote of confidence. ;)

ETA: And "elitist" is the last word I would ever think of to describe you. :)

Kingofhurtz
06-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Hey if you still need people, I might be able to hop on. My minecraft server is down ATM >.>

MoarPewPew
06-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Do a Big Luck test. :D

Ayc2000
06-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Joined-11
Booted-none
Asked to be booted-none
I was really surprised, but when I joined they were all really nice O.o

Mr.Wallace
06-20-2011, 10:38 AM
"Normal Participants:"

Pally, 52
Joined - 10
Booted - 4
Asked - None

Bird, 52
Joined - 10
Booted - 2
Asked - None

Mage, 55
Joined - 10
Booted - 0
Asked - 1

Bird, 55
Joined - 10
Booted - 0
Asked - 0

Sorcererssoul
06-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Ok done:

Did it with my lvl 52 full rift bear.
Runs: 15
Boots: 1
Ask to leave: 2

CanonicalKoi
06-20-2011, 02:50 PM
And mine:

Level 54 bird, full Void (yeah, yeah. I know.)
Runs: 15
Boots: 0
Asked to leave: 1

I think my blue antenna charmed them. ;) Hardest part was finding groups where I didn't know anybody, lol.

Arterra
06-20-2011, 04:46 PM
ok, not done, just update.

used a bird in full void talon armor, lv51.

with community shield and pumpkin helm on:
4 games
0 boots or leave request

with Ol helm showing and no community shield:
2 games
1 boot

I'm trying to join and report on only those all 55-56 games. plenty of mixed games out there, as they all have xp in mind.