PDA

View Full Version : The Winter Mage Event LB - delimma.

epicrrr
01-07-2016, 07:09 AM
I've just read this comment from forum user skyxxblue from a locked thread regarding mage event lb tie being broken. i qoute.

"I did it because the last 8 people on the lb would have not gotten there banner's.The last 8 people on bronze tier was knocked out because so many people was at first place and i felt not thinking of myself but the last 8 people that would have not gotten their banners.They worked really hard to stay in bronze i just wanted them to get there banners.Look at me i got silver and still happy i am not greedy.I was not going to manipulate the leaderboard for gold.NO WAY !!!!! Congratulations to top 5 gold winners you earned it !!!!!!"

For future runners, and for future tie breaker. The last 8 he thought he saved were actually included in the original 50.

There are exactly 150 spot, in the instance of mage category (50) the tie-breaker thought that all "1" place took one spot he failed to notice that all tie placer gets their own number in the top 50 so if theres 25 on the "1" place the "2" place will actually be the 26th. He also failed to notice that the silver reward got pushed down and more couldve gotten a better reward.

That perfect event board got ruined because of "general" information like this did not circulate well.

Felt bad cuz it got ruined at the last 5mins.

Kershy
01-07-2016, 07:28 AM
Yeah... My guildmate (not gonna mention) was on 1 with all the others, and he wasnt playing when that happened and he didnt make it to plat again, just bc of that guy.. Even tho everyone was opening portals for him to make it faster, he didnt make it :/

Kershals :p

Runel Joseph Ruiz
01-07-2016, 08:25 AM
yep i also feel bad i was at 22nd spot and then they break the tie.. i thought i would get my silver prize on lb too bad they got greedy on tie though..

Nothingtoseehere
01-07-2016, 11:48 AM
I am with skyxxblue. Each time someone ties the last player on bronze tier gets knocked off. So if there were 8 people tied on gold, the last 8 of bronze tier did not get the rewerd. Each person tied mimicks the last bronze player.. For example, say xxy & xxc are last on bronze, and xxa & xxd tie for first, xxy & xxc are knocked off the leaderboard completely because 2 greedy people want top slot. The leaderboard was designed to be a competition, its not a competition if people are tying...So its pretty much like, will a NASCAR driver tie for first? No, he's going to try his best to beat everyone else.

Edward Coug
01-07-2016, 12:24 PM
If you guys want ties to continue to exist, stop talking about this and settle your differences outside of the forums. By making this into an issue on the forums, it puts pressure on STG to take action. That means tiebreakers.

It will be unfortunate if we lose the possibility of legitimate ties because of this.

Roninmoro
01-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Hey guys, I'm sorry that the event panned out that way, I totally understand how disappointing that is. I really appreciate you keeping this thread decent! I'm moving this thread over the the feedback and suggestions forum.

epicrrr
01-07-2016, 02:57 PM
Hey guys, I'm sorry that the event panned out that way, I totally understand how disappointing that is. I really appreciate you keeping this thread decent! I'm moving this thread over the the feedback and suggestions forum.

this is not really a feedback.

I am with skyxxblue. Each time someone ties the last player on bronze tier gets knocked off. So if there were 8 people tied on gold, the last 8 of bronze tier did not get the rewerd. Each person tied mimicks the last bronze player.. For example, say xxy & xxc are last on bronze, and xxa & xxd tie for first, xxy & xxc are knocked off the leaderboard completely because 2 greedy people want top slot. The leaderboard was designed to be a competition, its not a competition if people are tying...So its pretty much like, will a NASCAR driver tie for first? No, he's going to try his best to beat everyone else.

You got it all wrong lol. No matter how many tie you got the board will still be 50 so you want to be in it you have to beat the points of the last name on board which is the 50th.

Zaocajede
01-07-2016, 04:29 PM
An imperfect solution would be to rank the competitors properly.

In most competitions if there is a 10 way tie for first the next person is ranked 11th not 2nd.

This wouldn't prevent ties but it would limit the amount of gold tier awards compared to how it is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ucupduyeh
01-07-2016, 07:41 PM
i ll never like hypocrite person. better said, "Yes, Im a Betrayer or Yes, i want to be the only 1 in no 1, coz i spend a lot of plat, then said "bla..bla..blaa..8"

i am not there, i wasnt on lb. but i feel really sick and angry in 30 min before event end till finished. this is not only about lb position, this is about gentle agreement they made.

even so, everyone ve their "own way".

Dex Scene
01-08-2016, 02:35 AM
There shouldn't be tie.
If two persons have the same points, the person achieving the point first, should be at first. So the other person will have to beat his point to be at first.

Suppose,
A gets 50 points. Then B reaches 50 points too. C gets 30 points. D gets 20 points. Then E comes and get 20 points too. F gets 10 points.
The rank should be
#1- A (50 points)
#2- B (50 points)
#3- C (30 points)
#4- D (20 points)
#5- E (20 points)
#6- F (10 points)

Alhuntrazeck
01-08-2016, 08:52 PM
"Competition" at its finest indeed.

Arranged ties are an exploit and should be stopped. Almost every event you see this kind of thing happen. Friendships broken all for a dumb tier reward...