PDA

View Full Version : player bot

lew487
06-19-2011, 06:41 AM
I saw few times player xmdiandian. He is using bot
He kill few monsters on the Balefort Sewers - The Catacombs and he create new game and repeat it
He everything doing according to the scheme.
He is playing 24h/7
He is doing break after few rounds
He isn't reply for any message

Ellyidol
06-19-2011, 06:43 AM
Hey lew!

I think this report is best sent to support to deal with, you can email them at support(at)spacetimestudios.com, replace (at) with @.

AFAIK, I've never heard of or seen any bots. Maybe he's just a really anti-social guy?

Fatpigwarrior
06-19-2011, 06:45 AM
If he's on 24/7 he's not antisocial he's a freak

lew487
06-19-2011, 06:45 AM
My friend write about it to me
We are sure that he is bot. I will send mail

lew487
06-19-2011, 06:47 AM
He is playing now. Go and see

Ellyidol
06-19-2011, 06:48 AM
The 24/7 issue could as easily be a sharing of account information, which is against the ToS.

It's freaky, yeah, but doable.

I highly doubt it though, if he's on 24/7, doesn't your friend need to be on 24/7 to know that the other guy is still there too?

lew487
06-19-2011, 07:14 AM
My friend was 19 hours in game ;D

Riccits
06-19-2011, 08:10 AM
he is on now....

its like u said, he seems a programmed npc lol!

he kills 3-5 mobs then leaves. i killed his mobs, but he continue shot in the air, like a programmed routine. then he leaves and rmk. he has already 90k kills.

WTH is going on???? its totally scary, hes like a machine! is this the new kind of cheating??

Riccits
06-19-2011, 08:38 AM
sorry for bumping again but Devs, when ur on now make and end! and someone explain me with wich device is such programming possible :-/

when this comes in pvp i would going mad! cheating x1000000

Ovocotto
06-19-2011, 08:43 AM
he is on now....

its like u said, he seems a programmed npc lol!

he kills 3-5 mobs then leaves. i killed his mobs, but he continue shot in the air, like a programmed routine. then he leaves and rmk. he has already 90k kills.

WTH is going on???? its totally scary, hes like a machine! is this the new kind of cheating??

Lol whats that?

Register
06-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Wow....I thought it would be a little while until botters would come..
In RS there are so many of them. I think he used a thing to get the ipods screen onto the computer and created a program that would either read the game code to see what enemies to kill or set it to make the mouse click on a certain color object.
Lol yep it is scary..But just to mess those kind of people, get a few people to keep joining his games and kill everything that he kills....lol i remember me and a few buds went into the wilderness( a pvp zone) in RS to mess with some botters. They were mining some ore and we killed them...hahahahahaa we got their armor, ore, and wep! But yep its fun to mess with them.

razerfingers
06-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Wow....I thought it would be a little while until botters would come..
In RS there are so many of them. I think he used a thing to get the ipods screen onto the computer and created a program that would either read the game code to see what enemies to kill or set it to make the mouse click on a certain color object.
Lol yep it is scary..But just to mess those kind of people, get a few people to keep joining his games and kill everything that he kills....lol i remember me and a few buds went into the wilderness( a pvp zone) in RS to mess with some botters. They were mining some ore and we killed them...hahahahahaa we got their armor, ore, and wep! But yep its fun to mess with them.
that sounds like fun just going and killing botters for their armor and stff lol

Register
06-19-2011, 02:53 PM
that sounds like fun just going and killing botters for their armor and stff lol

LOL it was! Then we friended the people who we killed so when the real players come on we tell him we killed him lol! But they were using a pretty good botter and they were pretty rich because every botter that was killed had recognized it was killed and went to th nearest bank, got new armor, new weapon, turned auto retaliate on, and walked back up there! So we killed a few people more then once :)

razerfingers
06-19-2011, 04:22 PM
haha u should add me i wanna go bot killin =P name is turtle kicks if you still play

lew487
06-19-2011, 05:25 PM
This is thread about Pocket Legends, not Runescape ;]

Otukura
06-19-2011, 05:29 PM
This is thread about Pocket Legends, not Runescape ;]

I love you. Someone else who uses [ and ] for smilies :]

Corpser
06-19-2011, 05:32 PM
yeah i found this guy in game was rather odd the way he did that

Otukura
06-19-2011, 05:40 PM
yeah i found this guy in game was rather odd the way he did that

Yep... still skeptical, but he goes in the exact same spell order/movement each time. Weird.

Orcish
06-19-2011, 05:45 PM
It wouldn't be hard to create a bot, there's a way to sync your mobile device to your pc (I'm not going to get too much into this for obvious reasons) and from there you could easily create a macro script. It's sad this has happend sooner then expected, but it was bound to happen sooner or later, no worries though it isn't that difficult to fight back against such things.

noobmigo
06-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Also, a homemade bot just requires some cotton swabs, bar about the size of a Wii Controller, a R/C motor, and a roll of toilet paper. Some wires and a...whatever. I've tried it before :D

On another game, that is. On the iPod. Works really well with hotbars and joysticks.

Orcish
06-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Also, a homemade bot just requires some cotton swabs, bar about the size of a Wii Controller, a R/C motor, and a roll of toilet paper. Some wires and a...whatever. I've tried it before :D On another game, that is. On the iPod. Works really well with hotbars and joysticks.Lol hey what ever works.

noobmigo
06-19-2011, 06:01 PM
Lol hey what ever works.

Lol, it makes quite a bit of noise though, so you wouldn't want to do it 24/7.
It's like Ker CLANK Glooog Jing CLANK Ker CLANK Gloog.

Register
06-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Lol, it makes quite a bit of noise though, so you wouldn't want to do it 24/7.
It's like Ker CLANK Glooog Jing CLANK Ker CLANK Gloog.

OMFG that sounds so weird.

Toothbeary
06-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Lol he's using veency to view his ipod screen on his PC, and then using AXIFE or some other macro to click the screen. Genius!

Register
06-19-2011, 08:10 PM
yep i was just about to say he was using vnc...And no thats not genius!! Thats horrible!!! Just try to mess with the guys kills and runs! And message him that you did every now and again because he has to check back every now and again so then eventually he would see and get mad at you! But he cant report you for any reason because you didnt do anything wrong and he would be reporting himself (i thnk)

Pharcyde
06-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Oh... my... god.... bots already found PL!?@?@?$?#$L#L%#%

noobmigo
06-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Lol he's using veency to view his ipod screen on his PC, and then using AXIFE or some other macro to click the screen. Genius!

Not AXIFE..
But yeh, Veency probably.

Roasty
06-19-2011, 08:52 PM
What the heck is wrong with some people?! I mean two hours of PL makes me have a headache already! (don't get me wrong, but sometimes it's worth the pain) but seriously, PL 24/7?! Nah I'm not gonna deal with it...I'm just waiting for him to have some serious brain damage MWAHHAHAHAH :D

Kakatoa91
06-20-2011, 03:55 PM
I saw him doing the same stuff again and again killin few mobs then recreate new game over and over.
I and an other guy stalked him a bit killing his mobs. He d/c after some time. Probably came back checking screen and saw us.
Im really surprised to c bot.
Its bad news. Hopefully the other usual bad things wont follow like in other mmorpg.

Will he get z warning/ban for using bot?

Register
06-20-2011, 04:01 PM
hopefully he would be banned but he might not be botting. He might just be a hardcore player.

Mennddoza
06-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Wow thats crazy insane!!! maybe hes just really addicted and in the Mode... you know the "I'm not going to stop this Until something really exciting gets in my way" kinda mode.

Sigkill
06-20-2011, 04:18 PM
This dude isn't a real person

thugimmortal
06-20-2011, 04:24 PM
This dude isn't a real person

I agree i stalked it yesterday and it does the same thing.
just kills a few mobs at the beggining of catacombs and themt remakes

Is this even allowed ?

Arterra
06-20-2011, 04:48 PM
... but why even catacombs??? closest mobs to spawn point? not the easiest anyway...

choco
06-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Found 2 more in plasma pyramid....kuma(something) and zhaotaty. They just go into the board...bust the 4 chests at the beginning and rmk.

Otukura
06-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Found 2 more in plasma pyramid....kuma(something) and zhaotaty. They just go into the board...bust the 4 chests at the beginning and rmk.

People do that for gold, not botting.

Register
06-20-2011, 05:32 PM
they might not be bots though. I did something similar just and ended just a few minutes ago. in great pyramid in ao1, i killed the first 8 or 9 and remade. I just wanted to see how it did and i thought it was kind of good but then just joined random games for the last 100 xp till a level.

choco
06-20-2011, 05:58 PM
lol....yeah...for the last 18 hours?

Register
06-20-2011, 06:05 PM
lol....yeah...for the last 18 hours?
hahahaha nope but you cant just assume that hes a bot. Like i said it could just be a hardcore player. Yes it might be a bot but what can you do?mess em up! Get those chests before he does!!! Then hes not happy! And when botters arent happy, they bot some more while spazzing out a rock!

noobmigo
06-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Lol, I should follow him to get xp. :D

Register
06-20-2011, 06:10 PM
hahahaha yep!! DO IT

noobmigo
06-20-2011, 06:27 PM
hahahaha yep!! DO IT
Who wants to stalk him and get xp to grind?
Talk, for a few, watch him RMK, talk for another few, watch him rmk, talk for another few, watch him rmk...Funn..

Xymorg
06-20-2011, 07:11 PM
... but why even catacombs??? closest mobs to spawn point? not the easiest anyway...

Perhaps he didn't script inventory clearence so it has to be no-drop mobs to keep from filling up...

???

Kraze
06-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Something odd is going on...joined 5 games pushin mobs out of beckon range and the pattern went uninterrupted. Slashing at the thin air dropping reset exact same movements...

noobmigo
06-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Well, when the first bot comes in, it means the game is doing good.
Good and bad news in the same package..

Conradin
06-20-2011, 09:56 PM
hmmm i wonder how scipted it is to dying? pull a ton of mobs and get it killed?

Otukura
06-20-2011, 10:15 PM
hmmm i wonder how scipted it is to dying? pull a ton of mobs and get it killed?

I'm not sure you'd have time to do that :/

Conradin
06-20-2011, 10:18 PM
What sort of gear is he wearing. Next timeim iG ill look.

Arterra
06-21-2011, 08:11 AM
i just ran into a few of his games... honestly he is still going at it lol

skavenger216
06-21-2011, 08:16 AM
Just a thought, if someone got PL running on PC using the Android SDK, wouldn't it be kind of easy to write a small program to macro stuff like this? Possibly could be what this guy is doing.

Riccits
06-21-2011, 09:03 AM
i would like to hear a statement from devs if this cheating is counter the TOS or out of range. Such can ruin the game...

Ellyidol
06-21-2011, 09:03 AM
i would like to hear a statement from devs if this cheating is counter the TOS or out of range. Such can ruin the game...

Definitely in the ToS, one sec.

uses or possesses programs to 'crack' the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or other Internet security tools;
or anything else that SPACETIME deems harmful to SPACETIME'S integrity or business.

Not sure on this :

violates or infringes any rights of third parties (including but not limited to copyright, trademark, rights of privacy or publicity, defamation or any other proprietary right)
Since a macro would be a third party, but not entirely sure what this point means.

Riccits
06-21-2011, 09:11 AM
the problem is that it isnt a "crack". its just a software wich commands practically the phone, not PL.
how can u ever approve that someone using such kind of software?

Ellyidol
06-21-2011, 09:20 AM
the problem is that it isnt a "crack". its just a software wich commands practically the phone, not PL.
how can u ever approve that someone using such kind of software?

That software falls under a third party, IMO.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding the ToS right, but generally in all the games I've played, third parties are always prohibited. (Unless built in stuff like addons for WoW, which doesn't really make it a third party, I think).

But yes, have to agree, that's the tricky part. Proving that the user is actually using the software.

I think since STS pretty much records everything we do in-game (the amount of games we create, when, etc), I think they can check the intervals on how fast he creates games. If it's a macro, these intervals should always be equal, which is pretty impossible for a normal person to do, constantly.

KingFu
06-21-2011, 09:34 AM
The botter:
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/224a55f0.png

The botter dead:o:
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/c08a1127.png

Ellyidol
06-21-2011, 09:36 AM
He has on the dot dual spec stats too :o

Register
06-21-2011, 09:39 AM
you gotta kill him to stop the program. It would just be clicking at spots that wont do anything.
If the prgram is really smart it would heal him and keep at it.

Riccits
06-21-2011, 09:49 AM
the programm isnt connected to PL. it doenst know what happen in game. its justa programmed sequence of pressed buttons.
i doesnt even help kill him. he always rmks the same map killing only a few mobs...

KingFu
06-21-2011, 09:50 AM
you gotta kill him to stop the program. It would just be clicking at spots that wont do anything.
If the prgram is really smart it would heal him and keep at it.

What it is, I think, it like ghost mouse. He hits record, does his thing and kills 3 or so mobs, and hits play and puts it on repeat, thus doing it over and over and he leaves his device. Him dying wouldn't stop the program, it'd just click his skills and do nothing, then remake the game and spawn him alive. He probably uses a program to have the game pop up on his computer monitor, so he has to click with his mouse to push buttons on the iPad (can't use macros). I've done something similar to that. I jail broken my iPad, got an apple smart keyboard and mouse and made it so I could use em on my iPad, and played PL. Very tough to use but with practice it may be manageable.

Edit:

Also, it depends on his spawn point. Like I was with panda and he spawned at a weird spot, and he got stuck on a corner, he ended up killing one mob and slashing and stomping at air. The kills and xp add up (he may also just be doing it to hit 56) but I don't see the point since he isn't earning any of it, nor even playing the game but meh.

Ellyidol
06-21-2011, 09:52 AM
What it is, I think, it like ghost mouse. He hits record, does his thing and kills 3 or so mobs, and hits play and puts it on repeat, thus doing it over and over and he leaves his device. Him dying wouldn't stop the program, it'd just click his skills and do nothing, then remake the game and spawn him alive. He probably uses a program to have the game pop up on his computer monitor, so he has to click with his mouse to push buttons on the iPad (can't use macros). I've done something similar to that. I jail broken my iPad, got an apple smart keyboard and mouse and made it so I could use em on my iPad, and played PL. Very tough to use but with practice it may be manageable.

But it doesn't make it legal does it?

I mean with the using of a macro system, not the keyboard/mouse :p

KingFu
06-21-2011, 10:02 AM
But it doesn't make it legal does it?

I mean with the using of a macro system, not the keyboard/mouse :p

By law or by PL?:p

I think it depends on what software you use?:confuse: it's technically your device and you can do whatcha want with it as long as you don't break the law (no stealing etc) I'm not too experienced in any of this stuff:p

Ellyidol
06-21-2011, 10:04 AM
By law or by PL?:p

I think it depends on what software you use?:confuse: it's technically your device and you can do whatcha want with it as long as you don't break the law (no stealing etc) I'm not too experienced in any of this stuff:p

By PL :)

I don't think it's a law thing :p

Just the third party issue of PL, like any game.

Riccits
06-21-2011, 10:06 AM
The kills and xp add up (he may also just be doing it to hit 56) but I don't see the point since he isn't earning any of it, nor even playing the game but meh.

he comes in the leaderboards and hit 56 by writing a macro... its earned enough by doing nothing and very unfair to all others.
but yes, he remains a noob wich cant play...

Register
06-21-2011, 10:11 AM
yeah it probly is a ghost mouse. I guess there isnt much we can do about it if he really is botting...But its not like anybody is gonna see his kdr because he prob would be botting!

KingFu
06-21-2011, 10:12 AM
By PL :)

I don't think it's a law thing :p

Just the third party issue of PL, like any game.

Hahaha:p Oh

I'd imagine it's against the ToS because it finds a loop hole in the system, and it abuses it, which is bannable.

@Ricci, exactly, we can't say whether he knows how to play or not, because we haven't really seen him, but he must not enjoy playing the game if he has to have a computer do it for him, which I don't see the point in being 56 and/or having tons of kills if you don't play...

Orcish
06-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Definitely in the ToS, one sec.Not sure on this :

violates or infringes any rights of third parties (including but not limited to copyright, trademark, rights of privacy or publicity, defamation or any other proprietary right)
Since a macro would be a third party, but not entirely sure what this point means.It isn't cracking or exploiting the game to use a macro, however it does give an unfair advantage to those who use such a thing. STS can ban,modify, an account for any reason, that alone should enough to sway people from cheating the system.

Ellyidol
06-21-2011, 10:24 AM
It isn't cracking or exploiting the game to us a macro, however it does give an unfair advantage to those who use such a thing.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it would directly mean that, I just search filtered for a third party phrase in the ToS :p

But should still be illegal though, I think third party means anything outside of the game, which a macro is.

KingFu
06-21-2011, 10:32 AM
It isn't cracking or exploiting the game to use a macro, however it does give an unfair advantage to those who use such a thing. STS can ban,modify, an account for any reason, that alone should enough to sway people from cheating the system.

I'd say it's exploiting.

Conradin
06-21-2011, 10:35 AM
hmm, so our guy wants a 56 with loads of kills but he doesn't like to play? To me is sounds as if he's selling accounts....

thugimmortal
06-21-2011, 10:52 AM
hmm, so our guy wants a 56 with loads of kills but he doesn't like to play? To me is sounds as if he's selling accounts....

I wont have any respect for the guy anyway its cheating and should be banned from the leaderboards at least

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

Samhayne
06-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the report guys. We ban people who bot.

In the future, please report it via e-mail to support(at)spacetimestudios.com (replace the (at) with the @ symbol).