PDA

View Full Version : My Views on Brood lock recipe.

kiwotsukete
01-08-2016, 12:28 PM
so, let us look at this from both sides.

also, remiem is investigating, figured I would just share my opinion

what was the issue?
people thought brood lock recipes would be usable after event ended.
which they were not.

so, yes, this did cost alot of players possible money because they invested in hundreds of recipes.

but, who is to blame?

STS did not specify whether or not they would be craftable after the event.
so anyone that bought all these recipes were operating under the assumption that they would be like spider locks.

what is wrong with that?

if you look at all events that included event crates, only one has allowed crafting of locks after the end of said event. Which was the recent Halloween event.

looking at it from that perspective, that means part of the blame is on the players who only assumed, and didnt not do these actions under the absolute fact that they would be.

part of the blame is on STS for not specifying IF they would be craftable.

BUT. Every single player who bought recipes in bulk thinking they would be craftable took a gamble. Because there was nothing whatsoever stating they would be craftable.

in conclusion, STS could have specified that they would or would not be craftable, but they did not. Which affected some peoples gamble badly. But most of the blame is put onto the players that did stock those recipes.

on the simple basis of past events, all but one was different when it came to locks. Knowing that you made a bad gamble still... why you did that? I have no idea. Maybe you thought they changed the mechanism permanently due to basing your thoughts and expectations off the Halloween event

I have never seen STS say anything about permanently changing the mechanism of lock crafting.

those are the facts. I did not make this post to cause drama, just to put as much info out there as to what has happened, and to possibly get reasonable feedback on to the thoughts of those that invested so much into the recipes.

kiwotsukete
01-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Reserved 123456789

Edward Coug
01-08-2016, 01:04 PM
This thread is pointless. Despite what you claim, you aren't actually showing both sides. As you said, it is already being investigated and has been posted about many times. This will only serve to create drama. I suggest you delete it. At the very least, please don't center all the text. It makes it very difficult to read.

kiwotsukete
01-08-2016, 01:10 PM
This thread is pointless. Despite what you claim, you aren't actually showing both sides. As you said, it is already being investigated and has been posted about many times. This will only serve to create drama. I suggest you delete it. At the very least, please don't center all the text. It makes it very difficult to read.

I explained what happened on both sides... and I centered text because.. its hawt like that. This thread is also so people that want to know what is happening, but dont want to spending to scrolling through comments.

anague
01-08-2016, 01:28 PM
if u gamble, accept the consequence if u failed.... if u failed, dont make a reason, yah sts did not specify if its craft-able after event, so what does it mean if sts did not specify it?? its either yes or no.... so what u did is to make assumption and took the risk....maybe sts will not gonna make it craft-able anymore cuz alot of players deleted all those recipes, and they will be the one who gonna complain again....unless they will bring back all those deleted recipes

Hellsunk
01-08-2016, 01:29 PM
Useless thread. This was not a gamble. If recipe didn't show limited time is not limited time. Past events are not a reference.

kiwotsukete
01-08-2016, 01:37 PM
Useless thread. This was not a gamble. If recipe didn't show limited time is not limited time. Past events are not a reference.

Please dont call my thread when I am just trying to infrom people and share my opinion on this situation.

oekeone
01-08-2016, 01:53 PM
They made this craftabale after event and traceable maybe cuz they wanted to eliminate grand locks of the watch maybe......but I did get 300 recipes on 3 alts of mine took me a week didn't even spend my time on buying vanities or eggs just on recipes... All that hard work for nothing.......and was able to craft 142 brood locks I will be able to make money but things happen......

Titanium
01-08-2016, 01:54 PM
You forgot to mention that Cristopher Columb discovered America

Bluebatthing
01-08-2016, 02:22 PM
If it is indeed not craftable after the event, then why is Remiem investigating? She could just state that it is no longer craftable.

On another note, devs being unclear as usual...*sigh*

kiwotsukete
01-08-2016, 02:28 PM
You forgot to mention that Cristopher Columb discovered America

I personally do not agree with the whole Christopher Columbus discovered america.

anague
01-08-2016, 08:20 PM

u took the risk 50/50!!!! its a kind of gamble......stop arguing sts will bring it back now!!!

Schnitzel
01-09-2016, 03:53 PM
I personally do not agree with the whole Christopher Columbus discovered america.

I don't agree with it either because technically Native Americans first discovered it when they crossed over from Bering Strait (correct name?) a long time ago, even before Columbus' time. nonetheless, Columbus mistook the "newly discovered" Americas as the "West Indies" and named the Native Americans as "Indians"

Buts thats a topic for another conversation.
If I understand correctly, Titanium is kind of saying that you've just discovered what another forumer(s) discovered a while ago.

Roninmoro
01-09-2016, 07:28 PM
Hi! So first, I feel like the suggestions and feedback subforum would be a much better place for this thread. Also, please see this thread for all updates related to the Brood locked situation. Thanks!
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?289931-INVESTIGATING-Brood-Lockeds-No-Longer-Craftable