PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Fair proc chance between all classes

extrapayah
01-08-2016, 01:16 PM
hello,

first of all, thank you for the attempt for returning the aegis to be as useful/powerful as before, if i'm not wrong, right now skill damages also takes count into the proc, but we will always need a normal hit to start the count...
it has definitely made aegis better, but for future weapons with proc like this, i'd like to suggest a different way to calculate proc

the idea is simply differentiate which one are 'direct damage' and which one are 'indirect damage'

direct damage should be all damage caused by direct action from players, e.g. normal attacks, first/impact damage of skills, etc, since action from players is directly caused by this, it is fair enough to say that the player directly make an effort to attack and need to be rewarded with a chance to proc + aggro :P

while indirect damage are damages caused by another damage, indirectly caused by the player, e.g. dot, damages by proc, damages by environment created by the player, pet's attack, pet's aa, this one should only rewarding kills to the players, but shouldn't give another chance to proc, nor aggro, probably with this, you don't even need a fix/buff to how warrior's taunt work

and additionally, rather than limiting simultaneous occurrence of an effect, created by the proc, probably giving it a cooldown, and limited stacks to proc can also make it fair between proc of each class. as example, both glintstone bow and glintstone gun's proc can't only have 2 occurrence simultaneously, but since bow's bomb proc is quickly taking effect, only need around 3-4 seconds to be gone from the map, while gun's proc need at least 10s each, this made glintstone gun's proc happens less in same time span... so the idea is making a limited stack of count added periodically, that limits proc occurence. e.g. gun's proc has a limit of 2 stacks, one stack is replenished in 5s, so if the gun proc at 1st and 2nd second, the gun will need to wait for another 4s (start at 6th second, 5 seconds after the first proc) to make it possible to proc another

thank you

P.S.: proc caused by taking hits should be also fair to each classes, like considering how much the damage compared to the player's max health

bonjovi3223
01-12-2016, 02:30 AM
Are you saying aegis has been fixed?
It hasn't been. The dmg output is definitely not the same.

extrapayah
01-12-2016, 02:04 PM
it is improved, but not as good as when it is first released... idk since when though... just realized after the start of 2x xp

bonjovi3223
01-12-2016, 11:08 PM
it is improved, but not as good as when it is first released... idk since when though... just realized after the start of 2x xp
I agree that it seems improved somewhat. I didn't want to mention it earlier in case is confuses matters.
I still do not agree with the current dmg output though. They need to bring the initial dmg back or else it is just not worth it to spend hrs farming gold for something that can be broken so easily.

Edric Joseph
01-14-2016, 03:51 PM
good evening AL.. hi, im a war user,.i have a lot of experience in every event in mage and rouge.. theyre always say im noob,weak,etc because i die first,.they not understand that they fight as long range..mage have gun,rouge have bow,,but warrior just fight rare in combat..so the warrior will always hit by boss..please we need also any kind of long rage weapon like mage, and rouge have..thank you soo much.. more power..