PDA

View Full Version : PL what keeps you interested (help)

MoarPewPew
06-19-2011, 09:10 PM
So, as many of you know I have been very inactive in game. The reason is that I find the game to be very repetitive and that there is nothing to work for ingame. The way the game should be played is very loose compared to mmo's in the end game content area. I would also like to point out i am hardcore gamer and this game is a casual mmo so this could be the issue with me. lol

With that being said, what do you all do to stay interested?

Also all of what I said is my opinion and everyone has a right to disagree. I love pocket legends community but these
are my feelings towards the game.

NECROREAPER
06-19-2011, 09:16 PM
What keeps me interested is the grind to 56 and talking to my good friends. Its also fun to put a character to the name for forumers.

Conradin
06-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Pvp - and lvling twinks. Besides that i just go on forums. Guilds will capture me i have a feeling.

AEO is the way to GO.

Pharcyde
06-19-2011, 09:26 PM
What keeps me interested, taking breaks and finding hobbies. As you know, I was very innactive for about a month and a half. After coming back, the game interests me more. Then also finding hobbies. I have set goals and have things I do in game. Like my goals is to get Guardian of Alterra rank. Without that goal, I might not even be playing at all. Then hobbies, I had a goal to collect all limitted time vanity items. It's still going, but the Fiery Antennae's kind of ruined that for me.

Artemis
06-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Uhhhhh. Friends. Other than that im bored with PL like hell lol

Siejo
06-19-2011, 10:03 PM
The friendship is what keeps me in the game. Helping those who need help with quests like those darn Pelts/Snowballs.

Zeus
06-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Umm, when I get bored of one class, I switch to the other. I switch sets, twink builds, etc.

Also, community, most importantly is what keeps me sticking around :).

csb
06-19-2011, 11:28 PM
You mean the mmo's where the end game requires you to be a member of an uber guild? Which means you have to play long enough to have skills and equipment to join such a guild. Which means that you have to dedicate your life to the game. And, when you get into such a guild, you are expected to participate regularly in time consuming events.

That type of mmo end game? If PL was like that, I would quit. For me, PL is a casual game that is fun. Not a full time commitment.

A casual level 55 in PL is not much different from a "hard core" 55 having the best equipment. And a casual player is not excluded from any part of the game due to not being uber enough or not being in a big enough guild.

Oh yeah... how do i stay interested? Well, i have a long attention span. Also, I try different classes, levels, weapons, respec, play with stats, try to figure out what works best. And, if i'm really bored, go help some lower levels in places like Frozen Nightmares.

Otukura
06-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Currently, trolling and friends. Just picking on random people, asking them random questions with no answers. Oh, and re leveling new characters. I'm amazed at how much my playstyle has changed, since my first character to now. If anyone has a level 25-30 alt they're leveling to the cap, add me. Kurabird.

Phoenixking
06-19-2011, 11:39 PM
Freinds buying pink items changing sets I love doing that I o like OOOHHHH this changed to this and that and stuff and ka bla vka bka ooopd got distracted and randomly saying YO FREAK WITH THE CHAR!!!! then they all goo huh? And I go oops wrong person lol

blurryeyes
06-19-2011, 11:40 PM
i think items is what keep me playing, like I see guys with cyber/death gears and when I first saw it I was like omg it looks so cool I wanna get it

Slush
06-19-2011, 11:55 PM
...trolling... Just picking on random people, asking them random questions with no answers.

This and getting my bear to 56.

Fyrce
06-20-2011, 01:01 AM
What keeps me interested:
• Definitely friends and forums.
• Sort of trying to get my bird to L56. Not trying particularly hard :P
• Sort of trying to get my bear to L55. Not trying particularly hard for last few months :)
• Sort of farming L51
• Farming L30s, Farming L20s
• Farming Fathom, Farming DF, Farming FH
• Playing L1, Playing L4, Playing L5
• Checking out how new players play; trying to help them play better without just feeding them.
* Doing all the quests various times.
• Merchanting

Taking breaks, going to movies, doing work. Rotate among diff options when have time for PL.

Conradin
06-20-2011, 01:05 AM
Currently, trolling and friends. Just picking on random people, asking them random questions with no answers. Oh, and re leveling new characters. I'm amazed at how much my playstyle has changed, since my first character to now. If anyone has a level 25-30 alt they're leveling to the cap, add me. Kurabird.

I have a lvl 36 mage that i am lvling to 50. If you catch up add riseabove.

Otukura
06-20-2011, 01:06 AM

Will do :)

MoarPewPew
06-20-2011, 08:16 AM
What keeps me interested, taking breaks and finding hobbies. As you know, I was very innactive for about a month and a half. After coming back, the game interests me more. Then also finding hobbies. I have set goals and have things I do in game. Like my goals is to get Guardian of Alterra rank. Without that goal, I might not even be playing at all. Then hobbies, I had a goal to collect all limitted time vanity items. It's still going, but the Fiery Antennae's kind of ruined that for me.

I see what your saying. I log in PL now once a week or so for 10 min tops. I wish PL had a goal/ achievement system in place in game to keep it fresh and something to work towards.

Mkcecil
06-20-2011, 08:31 AM

I got a Mage level 31 that I plan on leveling to 50.

KingFu
06-20-2011, 08:34 AM
Getting all my twinks geared in top tier gear and having a twink for every 5 level increments. Up to 35 once I make a 25 mage

Sigkill
06-20-2011, 08:46 AM
Chillin with my friends :)

Heavenanjel
06-20-2011, 09:08 AM
I would say the friends i have made keep me coming back. Also helping ppl obtain items and higher levels. I love PL. :))

KingFu
06-20-2011, 09:10 AM
K. Mine was typed up quickly lol. I'm gonna have to say my friends, twinks, and merchanting. Most of all, easily my friends.

Violentsaint
06-20-2011, 09:26 AM
I was inactive since frozen nightmares release (mostly due to lack of content and boredom) Which was like 6 months ago.. I came back expecting alot to have changed.. Was hoping guilds, pets, player housing. (all of the things that were surposably in the works when I stopped playing) but besides ao3 and balefort sewers and a few random low lvl dungeons I didn't really see any major changes.

I'm glad to hear that guilds are soon to be released. And a new lvl cap (although I struggle to find the release of blackstar and guilds in pl being released around the same time to be just a coincidence)

The main reason out of everything for me coming back was to talk to all my old pocket legends friends but it would seem that they have all either stopped playing, renamed their characters or arnt online when I am.

Guess I'll just have to make some new friends, but I'll miss the original good old days.

One of the only reasons I came back was that I realized I bought my iPad for the sole reason of playing pl and I hadnt played pl in like half a year XD

Arterra
06-20-2011, 09:57 AM
same boat pewpew.

I end up logging on, and just talking to zombikilr/silentninjax... barely do a single BS run a day.

CanonicalKoi
06-20-2011, 03:01 PM
What keeps me interested?

- Friends
- Getting second char to 56.
- Putting more kills on the birdie.
- Making new chars.
- (ETA) Trying to get one immortal of each char type farther than I have before.
- Joining with friends and doing "birthday-suit" runs thru various levels to see how far we can get without dying. (No armor. No weapons).
- Sheer curiosity about what the next level cap will bring.
- Supplying Haikus with sammiches.
- Supplying comedy relief where possible. ;) (This usually involves dying in some totally unexpected or particularly stupid way. It's a talent.)

goatycoady
06-20-2011, 03:13 PM
make a new character..... keeps it fun.

Snakespeare
06-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Lately I've been using the "Use Unverified Account" to play Forest Haven. I let it give me a random character, random name, random face and attire color, then play SOLO until I have completed 14 quests. I've found a trick for getting the Smith to give me the last quest before I do level V. I get the one that tells you to find Silkknight's hideout, then jump into and back out of level 5. This lets me immediately get the bones quest (the final quest) from the blacksmith.

This particular game takes about an hour. If I get anything worth keeping (so far I have not) I know that I can stash it because the stash remembers me even on an unverified account. But really, I just delete the random character when I'm done. It's great for the ride to work, and the random names are very silly sometimes, when you try to pronounce them.

Violentsaint
06-20-2011, 07:02 PM
you forum sig is disturbingly awesome coady XD