PDA

View Full Version : Remove Guns

Toothbeary
06-19-2011, 10:38 PM
K. People may disagree with this, but imo why the hell are there guns/snowball launchers in a medieval game. Not that I don't use a blaster myself...even so, they are absolutely ridiculous and should be replaced with something a hell of a lot more suited for the time period LOL. Just an opinion, just wondering what everybody else thinks about them.

Otukura
06-19-2011, 10:46 PM
I think it's more fantasy rather than medieval. +1 for spelling medieval right, too many people don't.

Lesrider
06-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Have you noticed the aliens running about?
Not 100% fantasy -- there's some scifi mixed in, so the blasters (auto keeps changing it to bladders -- really?) make sense.

Pharcyde
06-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Why would they remove content that they already have sealed into the game? That is like your parents buying you a PS3 for Christmas, and once you take down decorations, they take your PS3 away.

Also, to double on Lesrider, and Otukura. This game is more fantasy than it is medieval. Think about it, Bears dressed like warriors, birds dressed as archers, squirrels dressed as elfs (Confirmed).

csb
06-19-2011, 11:06 PM
K. People may disagree with this, but imo why the hell are there guns/snowball launchers in a medieval game. Not that I don't use a blaster myself...even so, they are absolutely ridiculous and should be replaced with something a hell of a lot more suited for the time period LOL. Just an opinion, just wondering what everybody else thinks about them.

I'm playing a bird that can hold a bow and shoot arrows. This is not very realistic, but it doesn't bother me.

I don't think of this as an Age of Kings substitute. And, it's more fun to me than AoK, which I used to play a lot. AoK tried to be historically accurate, which is nice. I think PL just tries to be fun, which is better than being historically accurate.

Phoenixking
06-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Yes!!! What's not fun of having a bird that shoots with a blaster for goodness sake just blow up the darn thing!!

Piosidon
06-20-2011, 12:32 AM

It appears that we have invented gun-powder

KingFu
06-20-2011, 12:56 AM
They didn't have hammers with orange fruit loops pulsing around em' either in medieval times (gurgox hammer if you couldn't tell from my amazing description:o)

Jokes aside, it's a mash up of lots of times and settings.

Splurd
06-20-2011, 01:10 AM
Have you noticed the aliens running about?
Not 100% fantasy -- there's some scifi mixed in, so the blasters (auto keeps changing it to bladders -- really?) make sense.

To be fair, alien bladders will be a far more devastating weapon.

pee pee pew!

Face it, this game is whacko. We got bears running around with swords. wtf does a bear need a sword for? They'll just claw and bite the crap out of anything.

romgar1
06-20-2011, 01:12 AM
Im also pretty sure bears didn't fight in suits of armor and birds weren't archers in the middle ages* checks history books* nope no birds or bears. Keep the guns

Splurd
06-20-2011, 01:27 AM
Im also pretty sure bears didn't fight in suits of armor and birds weren't archers in the middle ages* checks history books* nope no birds or bears. Keep the guns

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/10/10/golden-compass-poster-2.jpg

Lies. They made a documentary about it.

Orcish
06-20-2011, 01:35 AM
It's all a dream, an illusion created by your mind maaan.

Toothbeary
06-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Haha I was just wanting to see what people think, to clarify, I know that the game is fantasy but I feel that guns don't fit in. They look awesome...It's just weird! :@

Arterra
06-20-2011, 10:16 AM
frankly, I feel PL is a mixing pot of themes. With every new game they plan i bet there will be a accompanying area similar to it. It is the kind of game where everything just seems to work together, not necessarily a one track road.

StompArtist
06-20-2011, 10:18 AM
We are having issues with guns in a medieval game yet no issue with bears wielding swords and flightless birds using bows with their wings? Not to mention the enchantress power to raise the dead?

LMAO!

Piosidon
06-20-2011, 10:28 AM

Is the bird in the background or did the bears eat it?

Valiksuhr
06-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Arrogance of mankind - why do so many people think every anime, movie or game (when not specificaly mentioned) happens on Earth let alone this Earth (vs a parallel one). Does small irregularities that are anachorisms (sp) really detract from the entertainment? Not from me. Want more Earthly realism? Watch History Channel.

Now excuse me, off to checkout sexy spell slinging female squirtels that wave giant foam hands to say "Hello"

Roasty
06-20-2011, 10:33 AM
I don't see why a game has to stick with a certain era. I mean it's a FANTASY game! Anything can happen! And what's the point in having a fun game if there's no creativity in it? Mashing all these different types of weapons and gear make this game...fun!

I don't mean to be rude, but I really disagree with you. But then again, it's just an opinion :)

Register
06-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Think that every area is kind of like a new world. If we have bears that hold axes to kill zombies, we have squirrels/cat/elf that can summon a lightning cloud an inch above a zombie to kill it, why cant we have flightless birds who hold guns to kill zombies. We have undead skeletal archers, a quest where we have to get the head of a giant zombie, Sparkly armor, a living trash heap, and living rock monsters. So why cant we have guns to blow the place up!

Roasty
06-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Think that every area is kind of like a new world. If we have bears that hold axes to kill zombies, we have squirrels/cat/elf that can summon a lightning cloud an inch above a zombie to kill it, why cant we have flightless birds who hold guns to kill zombies. We have undead skeletal archers, a quest where we have to get the head of a giant zombie, Sparkly armor, a living trash heap, and living rock monsters. So why cant we have guns to blow the place up!

Exactly!

Riccits
06-20-2011, 10:52 AM

nice! pvp between bear without weapon! :)

superglut2
06-21-2011, 07:52 AM
i like the guns