PDA

View Full Version : Auto attack and targeting

Paradox
06-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Don't jump me because I'm new!

Actually I walked away from PL for a few weeks and came back, and I'm having more fun this time around.

My comment: I can't seem to specify my target, and that's kind of annoying. (BTW if I'm overlooking an option please tell me.) When I attack it selects the closest available enemy. That does make some logical sense on one level, except when that enemy uses ranged attacks, so it stands still, while heavy weapon wielding enemies give active pursuit.

Ideally I'd like to be able to select a new target (like the ones pusuing me, who could be knocked back or rooted). However I can't disengage my targeting until I've run away from the originally targeted creature.

Is this something that could be tweaked? I'd like to be able turn off my auto-attack, and then turn it back on and have it re-select what is NOW the closest available threat.

Tullen666
06-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Don't jump me because I'm new!

Actually I walked away from PL for a few weeks and came back, and I'm having more fun this time around.

My comment: I can't seem to specify my target, and that's kind of annoying. (BTW if I'm overlooking an option please tell me.) When I attack it selects the closest available enemy. That does make some logical sense on one level, except when that enemy uses ranged attacks, so it stands still, while heavy weapon wielding enemies give active pursuit.

Ideally I'd like to be able to select a new target (like the ones pusuing me, who could be knocked back or rooted). However I can't disengage my targeting until I've run away from the originally targeted creature.

Is this something that could be tweaked? I'd like to be able turn off my auto-attack, and then turn it back on and have it re-select what is NOW the closest available threat.

This is all sorted in update 1.2.1 which hopefully will be out soon... it was a bug preventing you from being ableto choose what you wanted to attack :D

Paradox
06-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Thank you!

Zubat
06-06-2010, 09:51 AM
So if auto select is off you can select a target? I do not think you can if you have joystick on when running on a iPad. Anyone have a suggestion or am I just a newbie?

Royce
06-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Best solution I have found is to tap your own character to untarget, then try again by attacking while moving towards your desired target. It's not perfect but it often works.

ratava
06-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Tapping on an enemy will target (PvP works, PvE broken)
Tapping on yourself untargets (still works)

asommers
(http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?2541-Target-switching&p=23791#post23791)

As above should be corrected v.1.2.1

flaimdude
06-06-2010, 08:20 PM
(v1.2.1, btw, has already been submitted for review by Apple ;) )