PDA

View Full Version : Fake Contest and Giveaway

Froxanthar
01-15-2016, 07:32 AM
There's a lot of giveaway and contest threads in the AL Contest section. Some of these contests are brilliant and a great way for people to have fun and earn prizes outside of the game aswell as in it.

My question is this....How can someone post a contest with an end date then when you enter within the time and win be told you are too late (even though the contest is still actually going on) given no prize?? Is there any law or rules or even punishment for those who post "fake" contest threads?

Or is it these kind of contest are also allowed to be post on the section?

If the purpose to post a contest thread in forums is just to get attention or troll, there should be some sort of penalty here. People are wasting their time trying to participate here, and for what? Nothing.

Peace.

canbolt
01-15-2016, 08:13 AM
Bro a small concern from our team towards u we basically do a lot giveaways and did various giveaways from 50k - 2m and we have proof for it. U don't have any authority to tell that everyone who does it are of that type.we don't just call a number which we like we make it everything fair.IF u haven't received u r prize Just go and ask the guy who didn't give u what u deserved for instead of starting these annoying threads.

Pls read the terms and conditions dear brother

:)

Psychorampage

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk

Arachnophobik
01-15-2016, 08:32 AM
Bro a small concern from our team towards u we basically do a lot giveaways and did various giveaways from 50k - 2m and we have proof for it. U don't have any authority to tell that everyone who does it are of that type.we don't just call a number which we like we make it everything fair.IF u haven't received u r prize Just go and ask the guy who didn't give u what u deserved for instead of starting these annoying threads.

Psychorampage

I believe he did not mention names. I believe he did not mention you were posting about fake contests. I believe he is referring to a different person. I don't see anything annoying about a thread about the abolishment/prevention of fake contest threads. What would be annoying is a false contest wasting people's time to participate. My guild did giveaways too, a weekly lottery open for everyone last year with prize pools ranging from 1-3m, and it was legit, no problem with that. Theres no problem with handing out giveaways, as long as its legit and not just to seek attention.

hardcore
01-15-2016, 08:37 AM

Psychorampage

Not you bro ita the 300k sns ss contest iknew its a fake contest from the begining becoz its obvious no one sells sns through auc becoz it cost about 1m (idonk know spare me) for auctioning it unfortunately some one did it now hes retreating

By the way were do u live in chennai?

Dex_addict
01-15-2016, 09:26 AM

Psychorampage

Looking at the above screenie it seems he has messaged the contest holder already before making a thread and I don't see anywhere in the original post where the accusation has been made that ALL forum contests are fake, infact he says that some of them are "brilliant and a great way for people to have fun and earn prizes outside of the game aswell as in it."
This is a forum, where people get to have an opinion and/or ask questions on things no??? All I see here is a guy who wants to bring attention to the fact that contests are being created by people that have no intention of actually paying out prizes, therefore time wasting and potentially ruining genuine contest makers time. If there is any way to prevent that then surely it is a good thing?
People that do things like this ruin it for others that are legit and there should be a consequence for that.
As a contest maker yourself you should be supporting him in his efforts to prevent these people from being able to get away with doing things that in turn could make your "giveaways" seem less credible.

ClumsyCactus
01-15-2016, 10:05 AM

Psychorampage

Your post is irrelevant to what his thread is about, since you clearly did not read past the title.

canbolt
01-15-2016, 08:31 PM
If that was the issue then our channel will support u in that issue if you have any video about the fake giveaway guy then just give us we can telecast it :) and make this issue a reaching one

Schnitzel
01-16-2016, 01:24 AM
From my view, fake contests shouldn't be allowed.
I'll leave it at that
https://powerofmoms.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ID-10095619-2.jpg

tomsawer
01-16-2016, 01:52 PM
From my view, fake contests shouldn't be allowed.
I'll leave it at that
https://powerofmoms.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ID-10095619-2.jpg
I agree 100%

Seoratrek
01-16-2016, 04:22 PM
Please feel free to contact us with the details of the situation. Thanks!